Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

BW either needs to roll back the resolve changes to pre 1.4, or change the bubble stun to only the sorc/sage. right now they are the FOTOM for wz's, all they do is sit back toss out bubbles on their team and sit back and laugh at the stuns they cause.

QQ.

Maybe that wouldn't be all they did if they could actually do more than that.

Other classes were more than happy when sorcs had the lowest burst, no casting mobility and the easiest healing to interrupt in the game and spent half a year gloating about the free kills.

Give them one thing and unleash the whine flood.

Unlike the marauders who've been laughing it up as the best class for months though- I can admit I understand how much it sucks that everyone's being stunned over and over. But, I don't feel bad when mara have spent months shooting down anyone who complained about the massive damage output of their class- whether it's the root ravage, the back to back 3k+ damage abilities or the smashes- not being able to do anything for half a battle isn't fun, but neither is being killed in 5 seconds.

And, ultimately- I have no doubt BW will gladly nerf the stuns/mezzes of other sorcs- while leaving the huge root advantage of mara untouched.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QQ.

Other classes were more than happy when sorcs had the lowest burst, no casting mobility and the easiest healing to interrupt in the game and spent half a year gloating about the free kills.

Unlike the marauders who've been laughing it up as the best class for months though- I can admit I understand how much it sucks that everyone's being stunned over and over. But, I don't feel bad when mara have spent months shooting down anyone who complained about the massive damage output of their class- whether it's the root ravage, the back to back 3k+ damage abilities or the smashes- not being able to do anything for half a battle isn't fun, but neither is being killed in 5 seconds.

And, ultimately- I have no doubt BW will gladly nerf the stuns/mezzes of other sorcs- while leaving the huge root advantage of mara untouched.

Agreed

QQ.

I agree lets hope that bioware reads this post.

Edited by lokdron

I agree lets hope that bioware reads this post.

Yes, lets hope they ignore the problems with specced static barrier even though it currently makes the game less fun for everyone when both sides abuse it because there's a chance that if they fix it they'll ignore the other myriad problems. And we'd rather have one ridiculously huge problem screwing over the game for everyone.

You know what, why not? And let's get them to put all stun abilities on 20 sec cds, off gcd, and make them aoe. That way everyone can enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played. And it will all be smash spec's fault, or maybe concealment ops, who knows?

QQ.

QQ ehh? if you are happy with your sorc/sage being wanted for only their bubbles in wz's then thats fine but i would love to see if your ability to refrain from QQing as you refer it if BW made every class a spam CC machine that sorc/sages are atm, i would rather see your dps boosted vrs just going around spamming aoe ccs on your entire team. would you agree? or do you feel its fine the way it is?

QQ ehh? if you are happy with your sorc/sage being wanted for only their bubbles in wz's then thats fine but i would love to see if your ability to refrain from QQing as you refer it if BW made every class a spam CC machine that sorc/sages are atm, i would rather see your dps boosted vrs just going around spamming aoe ccs on your entire team. would you agree? or do you feel its fine the way it is?

Honestly I can see bioware nerfing the bubble I think in this topic they said they are looking at it. My one fear is the fact that bioware will not give us a DPS increase to compensate for nerfing the bubble since our dps compared to other dps classes like sniper and marauder is not all that good.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

You could take this many ways, the only real thing you can confirm is that they are looking at Bubble Stun. I agree if they just accross the board nerf it, we will be back to not being wanted in PVP as a dps spec again (except for Huttball and our pull). Lets be honest here, PVP has turned into Stun wars and it not just Sorc doing it. The whole system needs to be balanced we have classes that even when played well are barely useful, we have other classes that are stacking up in PVP. I rolled a Sorc because I wanted to light people up with lighting and thought that a light armor class would be heavy hitting, but they are not, in fact it's the medium armor classes that are the heavy hitters.

Except they won't boost any other part of the class what part of it don't you understand? They were told exactly what would happen when 1.2 hit the PTS with sorcs, and they've been told ever since and they have not done one thing to fix the problem- yet for some reason they ignore all the asking for help from sorcs- where sorcs were almost unanimous in asking for - better burst damage, better casting mobility, better survivability, better consumption so every healer didn't have to be lightning effusion in pvp, shorter DI to make up for removing the DI instant proc since they were incomptent and couldn't figure out how to fix the DI double proc bug.

No sorc was asking for better CC and more stuns- that was the one area that felt ok. What do they do? Ignore every damn thing we said and give us more CC instead. So why are we ok with being nothing more than bubble bots? Because we know BW is never going to even attempt to balance the class because they have never shown even an inkling of an attempt to.

Yes, yes, of course I'd love to have all the other problems fixed- and would gladly take the stun bubble being self only and only procs when broken by damage as the nerf in balance. But that isn't going to happen- so if we're not getting all the things we've been asking for to make us on par with other classes, then I'd rather keep my broken bubble and keep stunning people.

Fact is- sorcs, mercs and dps ops have spent half a year complaining about how broken and miserable pvp is when marauders have such a massive advantage and PTs have such insane burst- and what have marauders been doing? '****, l2p, working as intended, u bad' while more and more of the population that remains rerolls one. And now that sorcs have something that make pvp miserable for marauders, they want to come here and look for sympathy that their game is being ruined?

I feel bad for the operatives, because they've been chain nerfed from patch 1- but for the marauders who've been dominating and immediately jumping on insult throwing bandwagons any time any other class speaks balance- I'm actually quite pleased that something has finally gone poorly for them.

Honestly I can see bioware nerfing the bubble I think in this topic they said they are looking at it. My one fear is the fact that bioware will not give us a DPS increase to compensate for nerfing the bubble since our dps compared to other dps classes like sniper and marauder is not all that good.

That's what'll happen- enjoy the marauder tears while they last. QQing might not get anyone else what they want, but sure as the sun rises, the moment a mara begins to cry, BW rolls out their emergency response team to wipe those tears away.

BW either needs to roll back the resolve changes to pre 1.4, or change the bubble stun to only the sorc/sage. right now they are the FOTOM for wz's, all they do is sit back toss out bubbles on their team and sit back and laugh at the stuns they cause. i was in a WZ where they had 4 sorc tossing em out and it was not fun at all, not to mention they can still speed through flames poping their bubble and those on the other side are stunned and cant even pull them back. this is silly to say the very least.

BW do you actually think that you will retain subs or get F2Pers to sub with this silly CC mess you caused with 1.4?

Sorc / sage fotm? You serious? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

"No sorc was asking for better CC and more stuns- that was the one area that felt ok. What do they do? Ignore every damn thing we said and give us more CC instead. So why are we ok with being nothing more than bubble bots? Because we know BW is never going to even attempt to balance the class because they have never shown even an inkling of an attempt to."

And there is the real problem with PVP right there. I think we can say no one wants more CC's in PVP, but we use what we have to survive and to into RWZ's If I have to be a bubble bot is that what I wanted to do in PVP no, but at least I can get in PVP. I have been in a few WZ when more than one OP DPS was on my side, and half the team will them to exit or they will because no matter how good they are we will lose.

Edited by Rincewend

Well I've played one, and I see cheese. Complete and utter cheese.

Anyone playing a cheesebubbler should feel extreme shame, it's so plainly broken that you would have to be suffering from some sort of mental condition that makes you blind to the obvious to not notice it.

Smash spec is broken. Rail Shot procs are broken. Force Shroud is broken. Predation, Undying, and Force Camo are broken. Static Barrier WAS broken before they changed it and resolve, now it's literally a game changer. Swtor pvp is no longer just heavy in cc when a cheesebubbler is around, it's >50% of your game time either cced or running back from the respawn unless your opponents just have no clue how to abuse it.

In fact, playing in wzs with cheesebubblers has caused me to come to appreciate Nicolas Cage's "acting" in the movie Deadfall. Now I see, he must have travelled forward through time to play this game now against cheesebubblers before going back to film that movie. Thus allowing him to perfectly express the emotions felt. They should even replace the standard respawn with a special Nicolas Cage "They're trying to kill me, man!" animation to truly capture the "I just respawned after being cced for 12+ consecutive seconds thanks to a cheesebubbler" feeling.

It's NSFW, but trust me, search for Nicolas Cage scenes in that movie on youtube, you'll thank me later.

So when you played it in a dispassionate way you realised you were squishier than a dead frog that farts sparks and to make sure your team didn't get roflstomped by some talentless spaz spamming 3 buttons with a pocket healer. I've played every class, have 5 level 50's and the only way to stop the rats is to have some vintage cheese.

My Mara alt has not trouble with the bubbles, my main is a sorc so maybe I have some insight to how they are played. When I run with our guild I team with our sniper and be pops and I jump. It's a team work thing, ofcourse we are useing Vent, so we can work it out, but I think if they looked before you jump it's still easy to own the guy. Just means you have to watch your AOE smash (and why I think we hear so much crying about it) because your ranged dps will only pop one target not 3-4 together.

I don't usually post, but this deserves it.

To read a Sentinel complaining about how OP sorc bubble is really gets me sick. Go and roll one, level a sorc up to 50 and try to play without that buble. After 2 WZ you will post here crying about getting 6k force sweeps by the 3-6 sentinels/guardians (never less, who knows why) of the other team and getting instant killed (even with bubble)

Damn sentinels, they are by far the most powerful class in the game and still there are some that come here to cry. Just in case one of the rational sents/maras missunderstand my post, I'm not asking for a nerf to them, just saying that it gets me sick to see how some of them still cry about other classes.

Instead of calling it OP, learn how to play against it, that's what those sorc are doing against YOUR class.

P.S: I also have a jugger a PT and a shadow, 3 melees, and I have no problems dealing with these bubbles. Just if you thought "you don't play a melee and you don't know how it feels being stun half of the WZ"... yes, I know how it feels, but I also have a sorc and I also know how it feels.

Lol exactly you maras/sents are the most OP class in the game by a mile and STILL you complain. I mean seriously? Do you even hear yourselves, you are asking BioWare to further nerf one of the weakest classes in the game so you can have an even EASIER time than you already have?

You FOTM rollers (aka 90% of maras/sents) really are uber bad.

As far as CC goes swtor has WAY to much obviously, whenever I do a warzone I spend at least half of it stunned.

Edited by RTCBrad

I doubt that they will fix the rest of the sorc class if they nerf the bubble if this happens what will sorc be able to do?

That is why I said "do not worry about the rest". By "the rest" I also mean on those...abilities...that can crit us for 6-7k which makes bubble pop every cooldown.:D

To be honest, I am a healer and I do not have, so called, bubble spec. I won't be like those warriors defending my class when something is obviously broken. However, removing this would require re-work of Sorcerers, which is unlikely to happen.

The best thing that could have been done is to remove bubble explosion from other players. Also, if removed by click, bubble explosion won't happen. I always thought that is how it should work, anyway.

The best thing that could have been done is to remove bubble explosion from other players. Also, if removed by click, bubble explosion won't happen. I always thought that is how it should work, anyway.

Then your left with those sorcerors who can't find a spot in PvP group. To be honest being a DPS sorceror is tough even with flashbubble. Clever melee players know to keep 4 feet away and use ranged attacks and ranged DPS can just burst it down. If your melee and don't account for flashbubble in taking down a sorcerer your getting what comes to you.

Its the same for those complaining about focus force sweep up, keep your distance your protective procs to soak it or CC them them burn them down.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

You better not half *** it and nerf it down. Cause playing a DPS sorcerer is weak unless I Wrath hybrid to play my favorite tree lightning.

It is true... any decent team can easily shutdown a sorc/sage. Them, along with powertech/vanguard are the easiest to shut down.

Hmmm let's see about sages. They have cc breaker on 1min cooldown, stun bubble (sometimes twice), force speed, knockback with root, two more instant stuns and force slow. If tkt is interrupted then there at least another 2-3 decent attacks for the duration of the lockout plus dot attacks. Did I mention that any decent team with a tank will switch guard to their sage/sorc when attacked. So how do you exactly plan to shut down a sage/sorc?

Hmmm let's see about sages. They have cc breaker on 1min cooldown, stun bubble (sometimes twice), force speed, knockback with root, two more instant stuns and force slow. If tkt is interrupted then there at least another 2-3 decent attacks for the duration of the lockout plus dot attacks. Did I mention that any decent team with a tank will switch guard to their sage/sorc when attacked. So how do you exactly plan to shut down a sage/sorc?

if u can't shutdown a sorc u need to stick to PVE, seriouslly

if u can't burn a tank u need to stick to PVE

bubbles stuns need to be redesigned

sorcs needs em

not lolsmashmonkeys

Simple, start Civil war and jump off the ledge to the middle. Have Gosia and Dakaru jump at you from the distance and you're dead in 5 seconds. If you were welll behaved up until christmass and are very very good you can extend the suffering for 6-7 additional seconds and then you die. if you are guarded for the time being that guarding fellow will die with you or shortly after. Dunno about Repz side but I guess that if you're jumed by Kiss and Anhiz, you'll die in similar time sequence.

It is beyond me how would your superior DOT attacks help you in above scenario. :)

Simple, start Civil war and jump off the ledge to the middle. Have Gosia and Dakaru jump at you from the distance and you're dead in 5 seconds. If you were welll behaved up until christmass and are very very good you can extend the suffering for 6-7 additional seconds and then you die. if you are guarded for the time being that guarding fellow will die with you or shortly after. Dunno about Repz side but I guess that if you're jumed by Kiss and Anhiz, you'll die in similar time sequence.

It is beyond me how would your superior DOT attacks help you in above scenario. :)

You are referring on two damn good knights, any class would have an issue against a coordinated attack from two such good players. But the point was about shutting down a sage, which means not letting him do his play. Actually against good teams nowadays with the exploit of bubble stun I am much easier and longer being stunned, I.e. "shut down", with my sentinel than with my sage.