Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Lets see, So you say that you can root someone for nine seconds, yet the spec with the same root can kill you in -six-? To lower the CD of the interrupt, you have to go 21 points into anni. 21. So no, they can't, and in terms of how they have everything better than everyone, lets see.

15 second interrupt on charge, 8 seconds regular interrupt- check the numbers, anni gets that interrupt at 6 seconds. Oh yes, 2 seconds shorter, and 3 seconds off the charge- but even as carnage without those reductions, this is still the best interrupts in the game. So.... you're wrong, I'm right, still a real spec.

Speed boost only gets buffed with carnage, if you use it with ANY OTHER spec repeatedly, then said mara would be gimping his damage by -a lot-. (Anni Zergs for bleed instant crits/self healing, rage zergs for more smashes.) Carnage doesn't really need to use Zerg unless something needs to die at -that- moment, but that moment doesn't happen every game, has you think it does. The only time A mara should speed boost outside of carnage is ether when they need to help teammates (Hint: Smart people AKA ranked players bring carnage Mara's for this anyway.), or to save a node from being capped at the last moment/Start of the game.

Yes, it is a gimp to damage- but if you honestly have never used predation as a non-carnage you're so bad I don't know why I bother... regardless, the example I used was carnage- which has a bigger predation buff and a natural permanent 15% movement buff. The bigger point is- marauders have this party wide buff on top of everything else they have, yet are still whining that a class that is supposed to suck at solo and be good for groups (according to what mara say about sorcs) because that class has a useful stun bubble.

They can root for 36 seconds per minute, over half the time- no resolve. Downplay it as much as you want by ignoring the CDs, but that's where it is at. That's an absurd amount of free CC and it adds up to the fact that a marauder can spend a majority of a battle either rooting you or under the effects of a defensive CD. Also, roots aren't as prevalent as you think. Sorcs have to go fully into madness to get a 2 second root on 9 second CD- which btw adds up to about a third of the rooting power a mara has- that the squishiest class that relies on kiting in every spec doesn't have a non spec root is simply terrible, especially when roots are the game's best CC as you can waste most of a resolve bar with them- and marauders do if they're good. (course, marauders never fill resolve since all their utility doesn't cause it).

Undying rage take's health in order to give us 99% immunity to damage.. yet not stuns/roots/knockbacks unlike another class that can do that every 45sec. (Force shroud) And here's the shocker, you can do the -same exact thing- to a mara when he has cloak of pain up! How awesome is that?

Ya, I've heard this before- marauders love to say- "Well, just stun and root them". As a counter to smash, to ravage, to being charged, to having a mara on you slowing and killing you, to undying rage, to CoP, etc..... Probably an easy thing for a mara to imagine because with 36 sec worth of roots alone it would actually not be that hard to do so.

However- no other class gets that in any spec, period. And no class has this endless string of counters marauders seem to think we have. You are playing a class that has no interruptable abilities, has huge mobility advantages, and has amazing defensives- while some other classes can be interrupted almost no matter what they do, are immobile with almost every cast- and have two or three chances to get away- all on longer CD than an unspecced charge anyway.

In terms of Camo, here's an idea that people don't seem to get. -Do something that take's them out of camo early.- There are many tools you clearly can use, that includes healing.

Here's what you don't get- when you have ten tools in your toolbox as a mara, all on nice CDs, you're going to outlast someone who has five. And here's the kicker- that person will be dead by then anyway since a mara can also outburst you unless you're a PT. Marauders have the defensives and mobility of a sustained class- yet the damage of a burst- it doesn't take a genius to see why they're FOTM... for half a year.

And when do fights last a minute at 50? Again, kite, damage awhile they are out of range, you have -A LOT- more time than you think after knocking him back from the charge to damage him unless he has a grenade.

You're right... they won't last that long- but kiting successfully might do that. Of course, you're saying to use the 20 sec CD KB after charge- fact is, KB is on a longer CD- and a mara has more tools to close distances, you know that- nevermind the 15% speed bonus, and if you as a mara cannot reach the target because of kiting and still not using predation or force camo while they kill you over a minute- that's your problem for being bad.

Counter to stealth has been noted, Obfuscate only works on physical attacks, Counter to CoP has been noted has the same to this so called "immunity" that you think you have, then you go on to repeat what you just said again which I also noted. Charge "interrupt" is such a non-issue sense you need it to close the gap anyway, and again, 21 points into anni tree for 8 second disruption, yet you still haven't put a situation on how a mara killed you in 6 seconds with how you said he "did".

21 points in anni for 6 second disruption- 8 second disruption is unspecced- if you're going to call me out on being wrong, make sure I'm wrong first... though I can understand thinking that, since it's such an absurdly low CD it must be hard to believe anyone can get it. See, this is why I'm becoming certain marauders saying they aren't OP have no idea what their class actually looks like- every single time one of you tries to shut me down you do it without actually looking at the abilities.

You can say that marauders never get 6 second kills as much as you like- but ultimately if it's 6 or 8 or 10 seconds, the fact is it's still rediculously shorter than a sorc trying to kill that mara. Yes, my BM mara (not even WH) kills recruits before they can move away or launch any sort of damage on me- maybe it's not six seconds, but I can kill recruits, and some classes like sorcs and mercs, while letting them get nothing but a KB off, and I do it all the time.

Good luck killing a mara as a sorc before they can move.

Of course, seeing has you have this idea that "I WIN!" I don't think you'd post that up but instead just glance over all my reply's and counter with absolutely nothing. (Hint: Trolling.)

Translation- "I have no idea what I'm talking about and have this idea that it's in fact me who 'I WINS!', so I'll call you a troll and say you don't respond. BTW, now that you're responding point by point, I'm going to instead go with 'you make too long of posts, tldr, say less!'." You want to ask as an OP class for my UP near broken class to get a nerf, and expect I'll just sit back and let it pass? Really? After 1.2 nerfs you think I'll just do nothing...

It takes a special kind of special for the strongest class to be launching an attempt to get one of the worst nerfed- so don't come here with your 'oh she's defending sorcs, she must be a troll!' ********. This plethora of insults, l2p and saying I'm wrong without trying to prove it like that just stands I've seen in this thread is exactly what I've been talking about with how marauders have been acting for months.

Sorry- I played nice before 1.2, and look at where that got me- I'm not going to play nice for six months then play nice as the class I want to play is nerfed through the ground again.

The Irony of this is that I just gave you a a lot more information on how a mara works than you did. And the best part about all that info is that I was mainly speaking from a 1v1 perspective.. which BW doesn't balance on, which means you have teammates to help counter them even more! :eek:

Maybe you should try reading and thinking harder? Not getting my hopes up.

Nope, you didn't, and if you think the ability to kill and shut down a healer in 10-15 seconds before going to kill someone else is no usefulness in groups, I won't bother changing your mind.

And, another insult, thanks.

In terms of crying about this one ability, unlike you, I did this thing called -reading- and -experiencing-, BW did the exact same thing, and everyone else that's against this bubble did too. Now, if you had this ability to read, you would figure out that we didn't want to nerf it outright, ether only put it on the sorc itself or turn it back to a mez, or let it give the correct resolve. But it's pretty clear that you clowns want to keep the CCfest a CCfest and keep everything has it should be, including clicking off the bubble, which is more of a problem than mara's period.

And by the way? Don't try to reply to one thing and call it your counter argument, reply to the entire post.

To end, I'll just edit up your post a bit has it connects to exactly what your doing.

Really? BW did this thing called reading and experiencing, have you even read a single thing I've said?!

OK, let's say this thread was about the force bubble being way OP- I dunno why, maybe cuz it's in the title. Let's assume then that the bubble is op because something happened to it, what happened? Oh right- buffed the bubble to make it stun rather than mez.

Well there must have been a reason BW decided to do that- as you said, they 'read', and they 'experienced'.

So what made BW decide sorcs needed the bubble to stun. Well, logically- sorcs must have been saying they needed the bubble to be buffed and more CC (the reading), and BW must have 'experienced' pvp as a sorc and said 'hey, there's not enough CC in this game'.

That's what you're saying- that like you, BW reads and experiences.

Now, let's come down from BW and Sulferen's world and join the real world.

Sorcs wanted better scaling, more burst damage, shorter CD heals or the return of instant procs, a consumption system that isn't so bad even before the stun bubble all healers were going half lightning for lightning effusion, casting mobility like every other class except mercs has. NOBODY was asking for better stuns- although, there was lots of talk about whether the mez bubble was even worth it since it just as often mezzed a group as it gave a group free resolve before a dot/aoe freed them- that's right, sorcs were at the point where we were debating whether the ability was a good or bad thing to begin with- but ultimately, sorcs widely agreed that the bubble was one of our best abilities, and of all things CC was something we were at a good place with.

Experiencing- you honestly want to tell me BW experiences said this game had too little CC at the time, and that's what you're supporting- their opinions?

This stun bubble changed DUE TO NOT EXPERIENCING OR READING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Oh, but of course- I like how you say 'anyone who is with me reads and plays the game, anyone else doesn't!', yes, very good, bravo.

You don't want a nerf... you just want the mez (which as I said, was as often a boon as a bad thing) replacing the far superior stun, or for the stun to only affect the caster. That's not a nerf.

That's not a nerf to you? Are you kidding me?! Well, let's make predation only affect the marauder- it still affect him so it's not a nerf! Smash only hits the target- it only affect the mara's target so it's not a nerf!

But I know full well you 'clowns' have gotten so used to unopposed domination as marauders and want to keep the TTK-fest as it is- as you've been doing for half a year now. Pretty sure that ruins the game for everyone who's not a mara- oh right, you're a mara, my bad, forgot the game doesn't exist outside your own bubble.

And here we are again- marauders trying to say there's absolutely nothing wrong with their class, while saying anything that makes the game rough for them that another class has- even one they'll admit is insignificant in every other way- must be nerfed now because it is ruining the game.

BTW- I answered your post in full, and look back, I tend to do that often- not always, but I sure do it more than all the marauders here who respond with.

"Here, I've quoted two sentences out of your post fungihoujo that I will now take out of context by ignoring the lead up and part after so I can say you are wrong, then say you're a huge joke and a bad and marauders are fine- nerf sorcs, lololololol"

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4: I would love it if they extended the stun but realistically this would be a little much just leave it alone. Works fine the way it is gives sorcerers a good chance to get some distance or heal up. And gives a team they are on a reason to HAVE a sorcerer in the group.

Here's a better idea:

Remove this retarded ability/revert it back to its previous form and give sorcs something else to fix their issues in PvP.

By "learn" I assume you mean you placed your mouse over the talent 'Backlash' and clicked it twice?

No, this isn't about CC, it's about automated CC, that not only procs from yourself but from everyone else you placed the shield upon. Being an underpowered class is not an excuse for a gamebreaking mechanic.

Oh yes, the talent point we had to go deep into a tree that's pretty much only used for its CC to get. Heavens forbid we have talents that are useful.

What's that thing that marauders have been saying for half a year to everyone who talked about how gamebreaking it is to have an amazing burst class with amazing mobility and amazing defensive CDs all in one? Oh right- learn to play.

And thing is- this ability has a counter. That's how you mara have defending your abilities right, that we can counter CoP, undying, charge, ravage, smash, slow and hounding, etc... with those dozen stuns and KBs we all have so it's fine.

Well- counter the bubble. Pop it from a distance- it's only 4k damage most classes can do that in two or three abilities. Don't let people get close to you while they have the bubble up if you're that scared- wait, isn't that the same thing marauders have been saying to everyone else for months- just don't let marauders get close to you, it's easy, etc...

Basically- you don't know how to deal with it, so you want BW to hold your hand and nerf the game's weakest class.

Oh yeah- I like how people are now saying 'sorcs have problems in other places so that's no excuse to have a game breaking bubble, and marauders being OP doesn't mean sorcs should have this counter'. Wow- that's what it took huh? These same people have been saying 'nope, sorcs are fine, marauders are balanced, nothing's wrong here' for months- but now they're willing to say sorcs suck and marauders are OP just because they need to get that bubble nerfed?

Oh, and these same people saying it- once the bubble is nerfed- suddenly, it's back to the same 'balance in this game is perfect' and shutting down any attempt to say otherwise.

You're willing to all say 'being an underpowered class isn't excuse for a game breaking mechanic' now, but you would have never admitted we were UP before the stun bubble, and you won't after it's gone without a single buff to make up for losing it- so don't try to give me this ******** routine that you're the innocent ones who are having their game ruined by the big bad sorcs, like you've been willing to talk sorc balance this whole time and we're the unreasonable ones.

Sorry, you don't get to be complete jerks for half a year to us then suddenly play the victim and get our sympathy EVEN THOUGH WE ARE STILL A UP CLASS.

I didn't realize marauders all had such a massive supply of crocodile tears at their disposal. Yes, we sorcs truly believe you suddenly have a concern for the plight of our class, we're buying it like a bunch of idiots.

That's how you mara have defending your abilities

You should take some anger management. You're barking at the wrong tree. First of all, who said I play a mara (or sentinel for that matter)? And where was I defending mara abilities? Yes mara's need a nerf, but so does this. Your understanding of game balance is skewed, something being OP isn't an excuse for something else to be OP.

you want BW to hold your hand and nerf the game's weakest class

I don't want the class nerfed, I want the talent nerfed/removed. Sorcs can have something else in return to make them viable for all I care.

Edited by byteresistor

No, it's not doing the same thing- doing the same thing is if we were hitting them for 7k crits followed by two or three 3-5k crits, then becoming immune, stealthing away, etc... That's not the case though- marauders are right now grossly overpowered, and sorcs are pathetic compared to them- yet marauders are screaming for a nerf to sorcs right now and BW, after months of ignoring everything sorcs have said- respond instantly to marauders with a 'don't worry, we're going to fix it for you marauders'.

Oh dear me, it appears that you want to play a sent very badly, so just go ahead and level one. As a sage I have expressed my views, can't be bothered repeating them for you, you didn't comment on them so I take it you agree with them. You only picked up one irrelevant line from that post.

Also, we have learned how to CC- hence why you're all whining.

Who is we and you again? And actually no in so many many ways.

You should take some anger management. You're barking at the wrong tree. First of all, who said I play a mara (or sentinel for that matter)? And where was I defending mara abilities? Yes mara's need a nerf, but so does this. Your understanding of game balance is skewed, something being OP isn't an excuse for something else to be OP.

I don't want the class nerfed, I want the talent nerfed/removed. Sorcs can have something else in return to make them viable for all I care.

We can has?

Oh goody goody gumdrops!

You hear that sorcs? We can has viability!

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

is allisonberryman single?

Oh dear me, it appears that you want to play a sent very badly, so just go ahead and level one. As a sage I have expressed my views, can't be bothered repeating them for you, you didn't comment on them so I take it you agree with them. You only picked up one irrelevant line from that post.

Who is we and you again? And actually no in so many many ways.

You gave your opinion on what should be nerfed, but fine, I'll appease you. Also, I do have a mara and sent- one at level 40 where I just played a match where I had 56 kills while second place had 38- and 280k damage while second place had 160k. I also didn't die for the first twelve minutes despite not having a healer. The other at 50 where I am somehow better than my better geared sorc, despite having always been worse at melee in every other game and better at ranged dps and healing in every other game- well, I guess I just suddenly got good at melee, how'd that happen?

It's a mystery.

btw- if you're wondering why if I have two mara I want them nerfed- frankly, I rolled them because they're a better class- and they are- I enjoyed pre-1.2 sorcs though far, far more for the fun factor. Right now though- sorcs aren't fun to play because they're pathetically weak- but, let's get back to this thread about nerfing sorcs.

1) Remove the clicking debuff, this helps all classes including sages. Obviously you haven't been in a scenario where a sent/mara debuffs his bubble on your sage. Not common but the ace players exploit that, and then it becomes a race on who will click the debuff faster and move out of range. Or you haven't been in a situation where three sents with bubble stuns jump in the middle of your "ranged" group bringing down your bubbles with one smash and then clicking in turns their bubbles while you are there taking their smashes and ravages.

2) Do not touch the resolve of the bubble stun as this will backfire on sages and pretty much everyone. CC is part of the game and part of good teams game. If a sent has resolve bar cc immunity because he got stunned for 6 secs and then attacks you as a sage then the only thing to save you is force speed, and even then hope that the sent is not fast enough to choke you.

3) Reduce the duration of bubble stun when cast on a teammate to 1-2 secs. There is no fun for a whole group of players and this is not only for melee classes.

4) Sents/maras have all their trees dps. There is no other role for them other than dps. Smash is overpowered yes, mainly of its 5 ppl aoe and to a lesser extend of their damage, but this is another topic.

1- Remove the declicking debuff... because it's a buff for sentinels- yup, that's what you're saying. Now, look back at the times I've already said- saying the bubble is OP for mara so nerf sorcs is the most retarded reasoning for nerfing the class that is the UP one I have ever seen.

Not that I disagree with you- I don't see why the bubble should proc off a declick either, but that reasoning is terrible- if marauders are so powerful that giving other classes decent abilities makes the mara stronger than the class that got those abilities itself- why the **** are you people still trying to avoid a mara nerf?

2- This is true- the resolve was too high before hand, and for a mez that often was broken by dots/aoe anyway it ended up being a bad thing.

3- This is a nerf- pure and simple. This is a straight out nerf. Look- non sorcs have been saying for months that sorcs are supposed to suck 1v1 because they're good for groups. Well- this makes them good for groups, so now that they're actually good at what they should be good at- people want to take it back?

4- OK, but, lightning and madness are dps trees- if you want to be taken seriously you can't say- 'it's ok for other classes to have ****** dps trees because they have other trees' well, why do juggs and sins and PT have such great damage then? Shouldn't they have **** dps since they can also tank? And here we are- trying to avoid a mara nerf yet again.

Is it programmed in the moment you main a mara or something?

Edited by fungihoujo

For some reason I wasn't expecting a much better counter argument from you.

What counter argument can I give to someone who is so detatched from the situation they say 'it's not a nerf to remove the one ability making them wanted right now- you can even give them something in return, I don't care'. You don't care, you probably don't have a clue what the problem is with sorcs- so what exactly am I going to get from trying to argue with you?

You want a counter argument? Don't say you don't give a damn as long as you get that nerf you want- because I'm the type of person who tends to believe when someone says 'I don't care what happens to sorcs as long as abilities they have that ruin my day get nerfed'.

Sorry, you tell me you're close minded, I believed you. End of story.

I bet everyone complaining about the bubble has also had a bubbler on their team evening out things, but they are too nearsighted to realise it.

What if while your character is bubbled then the stun does not work if someone pops their own bubble on you? Has anybody mentioned anything like this?

we have a lot of def cds yea true but we need them we're the only burst class that doesnt have a hard stun we'd just get owned over and over again.. heck the sage bubble on a sent GIVES them a hard stun do you honestly think this is balanced? :rak_01:

OMG! Seriously! You have a channeled stun, a gap closer, a mezz, an escape ability, and three def cooldowns... FOR FREE!!! No talent points!!!. No class has that, no class needs that. If you need it them so do sages, ops, mercs, and vanguards. They need those abilities to do dps. Better yet.... My tank needs those things so he can be more survivable in pvp... I mean why should sent Mara have some of the best dps and the best survivability all for free with out sacrificing anything.

If you "need" those abilities so does everyone else. So I guess I agree... Sent/Mara will be balanced when vanguards get an escape ability, a free gap closer, and two more def cooldowns.., all for free at zero skill point cost. Yep.... When tgat happens, sents/Mara and vanguard will be balanced.

Until then sorcs should get a buff to their bubble, and immobilize on their knickknack should be free and require no talent points.

I bet everyone complaining about the bubble has also had a bubbler on their team evening out things, but they are too nearsighted to realise it.

What if while your character is bubbled then the stun does not work if someone pops their own bubble on you? Has anybody mentioned anything like this?

Well look at that- maybe we could put CC immunity on the bubbles until they pop.

In before all the people complaining about how much CC there is suddenly pull a 180 and rage at the idea of having an ability by the so called 'utility' class that reduces the time everyone spends CCed.

Here's what is going to be said by marauders- guaranteed to this idea. 'Only make it affect sorc CC, or only stuns- don't make it affect roots' why? Cuz roots are a sentinels bread and butter.

I like the idea of the bubble granting CC immunity- and ironically it would reduce CC which is the current target of so much problems, remove those stuns marauders hate so much, while also giving sorcs a good buff in return so they don't just take a massive nerf into the ground again.

Buuuuut- sadly, you're in a thread dominated by marauders. They may say it's ok for sorcs to get a bit of a buff- but they really don't want it, and will fight tooth and nail to get the bubble nerfed hard without anything in return.

Well look at that- maybe we could put CC immunity on the bubbles until they pop.

In before all the people complaining about how much CC there is suddenly pull a 180 and rage at the idea of having an ability by the so called 'utility' class that reduces the time everyone spends CCed.

Here's what is going to be said by marauders- guaranteed to this idea. 'Only make it affect sorc CC, or only stuns- don't make it affect roots' why? Cuz roots are a sentinels bread and butter.

I like the idea of the bubble granting CC immunity- and ironically it would reduce CC which is the current target of so much problems, remove those stuns marauders hate so much, while also giving sorcs a good buff in return so they don't just take a massive nerf into the ground again.

Buuuuut- sadly, you're in a thread dominated by marauders. They may say it's ok for sorcs to get a bit of a buff- but they really don't want it, and will fight tooth and nail to get the bubble nerfed hard without anything in return.

Agreed. The melee QQ is fun to read though.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

**** you, this game is retarded. I love it. We complain for months about getting *****r ***** by melee and powertechs and they post a few QQ threads and we get the one thing we had going for us nerfed again..

Edited by TheLordMaster

the problem is the fact the each team has bubbles. the complaints about stunbubbles has nothing to do with who wins and who loses. its about WZs being stunzones because everyone on each team has a silly AOE autostun bubble on them most of the time.

**** you, this game is retarded. I love it. We complain for months about getting *****r ***** by melee and powertechs and they post a few QQ threads and we get the one thing we had going for us nerfed again..

Kind of funny isn't it- all these sorcs leave half a year ago with 1.2. Now, BW has this one chance with f2p launch to get those subs back by showing how they've changed....

Only BW hasn't changed. Still using the same fail logic that got them into the mess in the first place.

Reality check- people were loving pvp before 1.2, queues were good, and balance was at a point where EVERY class had lots of complaints about them. That's balance.

BW needs to realize that when almost all complaints now are about a single class- maybe there's a reason for it. Or, they can just keep nerfing sorcs, ops and mercs and tell the entire returning playerbase 'hey, we are BW, and we are just as incompetent and clueless about pvp as we were when you left'.

Good job BW, good job.

Kind of funny isn't it- all these sorcs leave half a year ago with 1.2. Now, BW has this one chance with f2p launch to get those subs back by showing how they've changed....

Only BW hasn't changed. Still using the same fail logic that got them into the mess in the first place.

Reality check- people were loving pvp before 1.2, queues were good, and balance was at a point where EVERY class had lots of complaints about them. That's balance.

BW needs to realize that when almost all complaints now are about a single class- maybe there's a reason for it. Or, they can just keep nerfing sorcs, ops and mercs and tell the entire returning playerbase 'hey, we are BW, and we are just as incompetent and clueless about pvp as we were when you left'.

Good job BW, good job.

might want to check your own logic before you go bashing BW's logic. you actually think turning WZs in to autostun zones is going to make people enjoy PVP? lol. in case you never noticed, #1 complaint about pvp has always been booohooos about CCs.

also, if you actually played the game instead of spending all your time in this thread, you would understand that your autostun bubble makes sents/mars even more dificult to deal with. bad enough they have all there normal defence abilities, now they have perm autostun bubble on them in most WZs. before your silly aoe autostun garbage, wasnt to hard to send smashers to respawn... but now, they pretty much have god mode all because of stunbubble.

Nah, quitting again after reading this ****. Unreal. Being on a 2400+ team doesnt mean **** if this class is ******** to play.
I think it's ok right now but that'll probably change soon so seize the moment and play a few games while it's still tolerable.

I just hope that they won't screw up the skill trees too much or add new crap to keep track of when they decide to change things. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they moved the stun bubble farther up the tele tree. That would be one way of totally eliminating it from warzones, seeing that no sane person plays lightning/tele in pvp.

Edited by MidichIorian