Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

General chat not shared anymore? Why?

Glower

Who cares? Most of what is said on fleet is spam about guilds, jawas, selling something, or trolling. I hardly paid attention to general chat on fleet other than to add some comments on jawas, or ask the occasional question.

You dont use LFG RWZ.... LFG 1-49 PUG premade... LFG blah-blah-blah, WTS blah-blah-blah, WTB blah-blah-blah? :confused:

Edited by Glower

Who cares? Most of what is said on fleet is spam about guilds, jawas, selling something, or trolling. I hardly paid attention to general chat on fleet other than to add some comments on jawas, or ask the occasional question.

Then feel free to ignore this bug because obviously it doesn't effect YOU...but it IS a huge thing to those of us who believe in community.

If I could set up highlight sounds for certain phrases/letters like TFB EV KP EC, I wouldn't mind keeping fleet chat off

Bioware is doing their upmost to make a single player game and all of you people want to force them to finally make a MMO after two failed attempts.

Good to see the game is still filled with people brimming with their positive outlook on things.

/sarcasm off

Of course this is the forums so I don't know what else I should expect................silly me.

Edited by uziforyou

Assuming this is not a bug:

• We've added a new option under the chat tab in preferences. This checkbox allows you to choose whether or not you see messages from all instances of your planet or just the one you're currently in.

How hard is that?

I cant find any option like that on the chat tab...

Assuming this is not a bug:

• We've added a new option under the chat tab in preferences. This checkbox allows you to choose whether or not you see messages from all instances of your planet or just the one you're currently in.

How hard is that?

LOL. I always read patch notes... Where u read this info? Cuz it's not in the game. :)

I hope it stays that way ... maybe I can finally read what someone says without having to scroll up through as much spam and d-baggery

SWTOR General Chat (Forums too!): You will never find a more wretched hive of spam and d-baggery. We must be cautious.

:cool:

You answered your own question here. It will hurt AT LEAST guilds, limiting their recruiting ability, as well as people who try to sell their stuff via General. Not to mention all those folks who enjoy having a friendly talk with random people.

Now seriously, first they screw up queues, and now this. I just don't know how to comment on this.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.