Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.

Aerilas

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone - thanks for posting your concerns. We're looking into this right now. As we investigate, please post in this thread if you've noticed any sound effects that have been replaced with new sound effects or any that are missing. Thank you!

10.01.2012 , 06:50 PM | #34

Hi everyone

Hello, u are still looking into this? :p

I've also noticed more often now than in the past when traveling through a planet, if you pass some npc's who are having a conversation, for some reason their conversation will go quiet suddenly... and then start back up again while I"m on a speeder going away from them, or even if I quick travel away. It'll continue until the conversatoin script is done, even though I"m now across the planet.

I wonder if there's any relation since - to me at least - it seemed to happen around the same time as the gunslingers sound effects going weak?

Hi everyone - thanks for posting your concerns. We're looking into this right now. As we investigate, please post in this thread if you've noticed any sound effects that have been replaced with new sound effects or any that are missing. Thank you!

So it seems you have somehow managed to "forget" about this problem as well, how about a long overdue fix to certain sounds in game which are obviously broken?

How about any bug fix?

Are you aware that companion unify colors is broken for over a month now?

You know that is a feature which is actually SOLD in the cartel market, don't you think that the fact that you are selling a broken feature for money is pissing off people who bought it immensely?

Edited by Vlacke

I have a lot of instances of this, on my smuggler the afore mentioned effects are off, and also I have a lot of issues with lightsaber hum that either isn't there or pops in and out randomly.

Also noticed the conversation issues when on speeders or generally travelling away from NPC conversations.

Unfortunately this is likely to remain the case as dev support and fixing for this game is atrocious. New content is all well and good (great considering this is Bioware) but frustrating when they can't even release a new version without screwing up the fundamentals and then not bothering (or being able) to fix them again. :mad:

Smuggler Quickshot and Charged Burst sound identical to Flurry of Bolts. They have lost their distinctive sound effects from pre 1.4, with the deep pistol bass noise for Quickshot and the buildup and boomboomboom of Charged Burst.

I think quick shot is too quiet anyway.

Sound has been messed up since 1.2.

Two major patches into the game and they mess up one of the most important parts of Star Wars and haven't been able to fix it since.

What happened at 1.2?

I was playing with Jedi knight and smuggler at the time of 1.3 (and at the change to 1.4) and noticed the change with smuggler. Couple "special" shots reverted to default shoot effect.