SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

I have a pretty good system that is configured only for gaming... In normal low population parts of the fleet I get max FPS of 111-112... But when I go into high pops it can drop as low as 30FPS... The same when in pvp... But not always... Why do some pvp matches in the same maps, drop to 30FPS, But other times it doesn't

I am wondering if I will see much of a difference trying this program... I basically want to smooth out pvp

This is my current set up

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2, corsair H100 cooler

Asus WS z87 MB

3x intel 520 SSDs, I run Win 7 64 on one, Swtor on another, and pagefile on the 3rd

G.Skill Trident 2666 8GB... I plan on installing another 8GB this week

Sapphire HD7970 VaporX 6GB

ENERMAX gold standard 1250w PSU

The system is optimised for gaming... I have all non essential services and back ground apps off... I have a fast, stable internet connection

Will I see a noticeable difference... ??

probably a little bit, but with those SSDs probably not much at all. If you are getting more memory for games, probably not worth it right now unless you multi-tasking quite a bit.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone figured out how to get it to work with SoR? Really missing this :/

Mine never stopped. Did you launch it as retail to patch it? If not, try that, then reload Unleashed and try again...mine is working exactly like it did pre-3.0.

SWTOR unleashed is the only way I can get the game to run right now!

I get the strangest error when I try to launch SWTOR (after the laucher, the launcher works fine) ever since the patch. It is some windows permission and it has nothing to do with administrator rights. It always happens right before the SoR cinematic.

Anyway...

Since I load all the major game files and assets into RAM with SWTOR unleashed, I don't get that error. I am really thankful for this thing. Its the reason I can play since the error code I was getting is a total crapshoot and even the internets didn't have a clear way to fix it (most likely a corrupted video file or install).

Load your Rishi assets!!! I can't stress that enough. On my rig, Rishi runs like crap but after I loaded the assets using this tool it ran much better.

Edited by Arkerus

Anyone tried running this with SoR? I came up with a "C6 error" asking if I had 2gb of memory spare (or something_) and dumped me from the loading screen to desktop.

This is the same error I'm getting. What settings are you guys using to make it run?

Try this if you're getting the C6 error:

Go in to the folder where you have installed SWTOR Unleashed and delete SwtorUnleashed.xml (or move it elsewhere if you're paranoid :D). You'll need to set up your options again in SWTOR Unleashed when you restart it.

This worked for me and I was getting C6 errors after SoR installed.

It looks like because some of the asset files have changed size post-patch SWTOR Unleashed got confused about how much space it needs to make on the ramdrive, causing there to be no room for the DiskCacheArena file (which causes the C6 error)

Try this if you're getting the C6 error:

Go in to the folder where you have installed SWTOR Unleashed and delete SwtorUnleashed.xml (or move it elsewhere if you're paranoid :D). You'll need to set up your options again in SWTOR Unleashed when you restart it.

This worked for me and I was getting C6 errors after SoR installed.

It looks like because some of the asset files have changed size post-patch SWTOR Unleashed got confused about how much space it needs to make on the ramdrive, causing there to be no room for the DiskCacheArena file (which causes the C6 error)

This trick worked for me, thank you.

Confirmed by the creator as the best first fix, too.

Edited by PBoba

Seem to have a related issue, but neither the client, nor unleashed is throwing an error. The client simply crashes to desktop.

I'm able to load up to the character selection screen. Tabbing out, I've about 50meg free in the ram drive, which fills fast if I try loading again.

Deleted SwtorUnleashed.xml. Noted my configs were still selected loading unleashed. (Is there a 2nd config file?) Also noted that unleashed did not create a new SwtorUnleashed.xml file on subsequent runs.

Client was updated in retail mode. Typical Ramdrive was about 7gig. Selecting the same assets, (FX & Dynamic), only 6.5gig is reserved for the Ramdrive. 1.4gig of that remains before I click play, 50meg at character selection.

Suggestions welcome. I really miss unleashed.

Win7 Pro x64

16Gig ram

3.6ghz (8-core) CPU

from what im reading, using this with 4g of ram would be unwise, but when i do upgrade to 8 or 16 then give this a shot?

To be honest, even before SoR I was already finding that with 8GB I couldn't load all the dynamics and fx so I don't think it really is worthwhile with less than 16GB right now sadly.

Before I set up unleashed... Does anyone know if this is fixing the current "combat/ability activation" lag since 3.0 released... I'm installing 16gb today and I'll set up unleashed if it fixes or improves the current lag issue

no one knows, gotta wait until Tuesday for the patch notes, or some form of communication from the community team!!

no one knows, gotta wait until Tuesday for the patch notes, or some form of communication from the community team!!

Sorry, what I mean is... Has anyone found that unleashed has alieviated the issue now... There is no guarantee Bio will address the lag themsleves

• 2 weeks later...
I did everything fine, I only have Local and FX checked, using only 600~ megs on my 8 gigs of ram, i have plenty of space but keep getting a "NodeSpecCache - Unable to open NodeSpecCache for writing." Error. When I run retail it works fine, when I run unleashed using those parts of the thing, locak and FX only, using 600 of my 8 gigs of ram it gives me this error. Is there a solution?

See as per the download link - http://www.metasharp.net/index.php/SWTOR_Unleashed

Definitely delete the XML file if you had a previous version, or try deleting it in case the config is wrong and is causing the NodeSpecCache error, worth a try.

3.3.5 : Raised the space for DiskCacheArena to 1.1GB (from 1.025GB), Added 1MB for each asset checked, Upgraded a few Imdisk files to latest. PLEASE DELETE YOUR XML CONFIG FILE BEFORE USING THE NEW VERSION (to prevents ramdrive sizes bugs due to those changes)

Kaspersky Pure has been known to cause NodeSpecCache if relevant

Edited by OwenBrooks

I don't know where my xml config file is located. I wouldn't know where to really look for that

Edit: I deleted XML Files in the folder containing my Unleashed, and when I made my ram drive it worked fine this time, no Node error, when I quit swtor I had to re-delete the xml file before launching unleashed via the unleashed launcher again. I can do this, but it's kind of annoying.

Edited by Jhazy

For some reason my client is updating every day after installing swtor unleashed. Is anyone experiencing this? I find it hard to believe we are getting this many updates. This does not seem to matter if I run the client in either retail or swtor unleashed mode.