SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot for the life of me seem to get this working the way it should be. I feel like I am not checking off the right files. All im trying to do is start a character on Tython to test the fps difference. What should I be ticking off?

What to check for which usage?

Considering the 2.5GB required by SWTOR and the 512MB advised to keep free :

3052MB (strict minimum) to 3564MB+ (warning's end) : LocalApps + FX

3901MB (strict minimum) to 4413MB+ (warning's end) : LocalApps + DiskCacheArena

4077MB (strict minimum) to 4589MB+ (warning's end) : LocalApps + DiskCacheArena + FX

6724MB (strict minimum) to 7236MB+ (warning's end) : LocalApps + DiskCacheArena + FX + Dynamic

Note that the amounts given should be what amount of RAM you have available when you start up Windows. It is not your total RAM: some background processes will be running.

Thank you for the timely reply sir. Ok, so I have 6GB of ddr3 ram which means I fall into this category.

4077MB (strict minimum) to 4589MB+ (warning's end) : LocalApps + DiskCacheArena + FX

I select all 3, then I select save and close, then I select swtor unleashed. but when the game loads, its the exact same performance fps and loading times wise as it is without unleashed.

I feel like Im doing something wrong.

Thank you for the timely reply sir. Ok, so I have 6GB of ddr3 ram which means I fall into this category.

I select all 3, then I select save and close, then I select swtor unleashed. but when the game loads, its the exact same performance fps and loading times wise as it is without unleashed.

I feel like Im doing something wrong.

Most people do not see a big change in FPS except when loading lots of players and their unique armors. You also will not see a difference in load times for the initial logon load, but should see them when going between taxi zones and planets / ships.

People with SSD's only get about 10% of the benefit over those with regular slower Hard Drives.

Edited by Bstr

SWTOR Unleashed :

- lowers FPS drops since it helps RAM / Hard Drive exchanges by switching some to RAM / RAM exchanges

- raises FPS a little if you selected textures that are a bit too big (data size wise) for your computer considering RAM / Hard Drive exchanges

- helps you to raise textures quality (since they have a bigger data size) with very little FPS lowering

- lowers a very little bit loading times in some situations but most of the time doesn't (it's not this software purpose)

Edited by exca

• 3 weeks later...
Most people do not see a big change in FPS except when loading lots of players and their unique armors. You also will not see a difference in load times for the initial logon load, but should see them when going between taxi zones and planets / ships.

People with SSD's only get about 10% of the benefit over those with regular slower Hard Drives.

Sorry friend. There is absolutely no way that a person with an SSD will see any measurable performance boost when using Unleashed.

A person with an older system and slower HD can certaintly see a boost. Even though the code is shoddly written, it can help some. However, some may experience issues with the game when using Unleashed. It's a coin flip.

This...

I have tried this, I have a very fast system,

Intel i7 4770k CPU

32 GB DDR3 running at 2400 (rated for this)

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD

I loaded about 24GB of the game, which is everything but movies and a few small things, into RAM.

Did it improve? Yes... Did it improve much? Not really.

Not enough to justify taking 3/4 of the systems memory (which I can't leave there all the time anyway since I use this machine for work).

I thought about turning the RAM disk on and off when I want to play, but frankly the benefit wasn't worth it.

The load times are, at least in my case, about the server and not my end.

WARNING: According to SWTOR support, this program can create issues.

Though the program appears fairly harmless, it is always wise to be cautious of using code written by amateurs.

WARNING. According to SWTOR Unleashed creator, the users not reading the original post may have issues.

Why do some people like you keep telling me I'm an amateur? XD

Get a life dude. Or write a better program then open your mouth.

Sorry friend. There is absolutely no way that a person with an SSD will see any measurable performance boost when using Unleashed.

A person with an older system and slower HD can certaintly see a boost. Even though the code is shoddly written, it can help some. However, some may experience issues with the game when using Unleashed. It's a coin flip.

Sorry friend. There is absolutely no way a misinformed person like you can give right directions. Instead of giving wrong informations, just say nothing and stop embarassing yourself.

My software is FREE, dude, read it again, FREE. You're unhappy about it? Don't use it. Thousands of people use it happily. You won't be missed.

Your insults are the reflect of what you are.

This...

I have tried this, I have a very fast system,

Intel i7 4770k CPU

32 GB DDR3 running at 2400 (rated for this)

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD

I loaded about 24GB of the game, which is everything but movies and a few small things, into RAM.

Did it improve? Yes... Did it improve much? Not really.

Not enough to justify taking 3/4 of the systems memory (which I can't leave there all the time anyway since I use this machine for work).

I thought about turning the RAM disk on and off when I want to play, but frankly the benefit wasn't worth it.

The load times are, at least in my case, about the server and not my end.

1- What were you expecting from Unleashed?

2- Have you read entirely the original post?

3- Why don't you just try LocalApp+DiskArena+FX+Dynamics, then start unleashed, then remove and quit when you're done playing? This way no RAM will be "occupied" outside of gaming, and it'll just take a few seconds to start from a SSD.

4- How are you measuring benefits? People sometimes use Unleashed thinking it does something else than what it's supposed to do. For example, Unleashed, is NOT a loading time shortener.

WARNING. According to SWTOR Unleashed creator, the users not reading the original post may have issues.

Why do some people like you keep telling me I'm an amateur? XD

Get a life dude. Or write a better program then open your mouth.

Stop making ridiculous claims about your mess, and begin warning people of possible issues, and people will quit calling you an amateur -- which you clearly are. You cant hide your lack of coding skills, or experience, as it is on display in the code.

Look, your little ram file program can help some people. I admit. I have also stated there is nothing malicious in the program. It isnt well written, but it certaintly isnt malicious. It can cause issues, as some have noted including SWTOR support.

Your arrogance is quite annoying. Your program, and your posts should always carry the disclaimer:

"SWTOR support does NOT recommend the use of this program . Please use at your own risk."

If you want people to think you are a pro, then act accordingly. Be responsible.

3- Why don't you just try LocalApp+DiskArena+FX+Dynamics, then start unleashed, then remove and quit when you're done playing? This way no RAM will be "occupied" outside of gaming, and it'll just take a few seconds to start from a SSD.

4- How are you measuring benefits? People sometimes use Unleashed thinking it does something else than what it's supposed to do. For example, Unleashed, is NOT a loading time shortener.

See, it is answers like this that lead some to believe youre nothing more than a rank amateur. This individual is using an SSD. Your program has absolutly ZERO chance of improving the performance of SWTOR to any noticeable measurement.

A professional would answer that UNLEASHED is not recommended for those using an SSD, as the benifit would be marginal at best.

Edited by Klarick

1. I didn't use Unleased, I know how to create symbolic links in Windows to files elsewhere. :) I suspect your program is very helpful to those who aren't technical in nature.

2. I read enough to understand the idea.

3. Because that doesn't accomplish anything for me.

4. Timing the load screens. Everything else is plenty fast. Loading times are the only thing I wait for.

For what it is worth, putting most of the game into very fast RAM did improve loading times, by 10-20%, but that isn't enough to be worth the RAM or trouble.

So if it isn't to improve loading time, then what is the point?

See, it is answers like this that lead some to believe youre nothing more than a rank amateur. This individual is using an SSD. Your program has absolutly ZERO chance of improving the performance of SWTOR to any noticeable measurement.

A professional would answer that UNLEASHED is not recommended for those using an SSD, as the benifit would be marginal at best.

That, and it is worth having a disclaimer as well that the program can only help so much, you're still limited by your CPU and GPU power, the game won't run any faster than those allow.

Game resolution also matters, someone playing at 720p or 1080p requires something different to someone playing on three screens at 1600p (which is what I do).

16 man ops are as fluid as can be, there is no slowdown.

Internet fight!

Lol No. No fight here. However, I do feel a need to keep this kid and his code "in check". He presents a lot of false information. I can tell you that I have at least made som progress with him. He did finally edit the OP with:

"SWTOR Unleashed can make your SWTOR launcher throw an error and offer to repair the game while updating the game. Don't click on it!. This limit has an easy walkthrough : quit SWTOR launcher and restart SWTOR Unleashed in Retail mode. then, once the update is complete, quit SWTOR launcher and relaunch SWTOR Unleashed in Unleashed mode."

So, at least some good has come out of my diligence. Now, if I can just get him to place a disclaimer in his sig block, then I would leave him alone.

Likewise, no need to fight, the idea is a good one...

An easy to use program that allows the novice user to load parts of the game into RAM for more performance.

The trick is to make sure that you first do no harm, then to advice users of any risks, and to also provide them with information on what else they can do to improve performance.

Likewise, no need to fight, the idea is a good one...

An easy to use program that allows the novice user to load parts of the game into RAM for more performance.

The trick is to make sure that you first do no harm, then to advice users of any risks, and to also provide them with information on what else they can do to improve performance.

Logic and commonsense has landed. Rejoice!

Klarick, i'll offer you a chance to shine and prove the rumors you try to spread.

Since you claim a lot of things but have no evidence to support it yet, tell us what in my code is that bad.

Show us the issues :)

Awe us ... or shut up and get a life.

Regards

You lack knowledge. A SSD is a lot slower than RAM. So your statement is wrong. So you are wrong.

When it comes to real time exchanges needed to display frames, every bottleneck removal matters.

Facts.