SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of a sudden swtor unleeashed isn't working anymore. Did a full uninstall and launeched the game. Everything normal. Installed swtor unleashed again and now I get a crash during the first loading screen. I selected all dynamics and humaniod animations. 16 Gb ram. 3770k. 7970. Win7 64 bit ultimate.

edit: nevermind. fault was an unstable cpu oc. went from 4.5 to 4.6 @some vcore and that cashed the crashes -.- boy I need some sleep^^

Edited by Geryboy

Awesome work, thanks for putting in all this effort and helping people out so much. Being not exactly tech-savvy my problem is the following: whatever I choose for the virtual ram (usually DiscCacheArena, Local App, FX) seems to just "disappear" from the game (for example no lightsaber blades, spell effects...), preventing me from using the program so far. Any help would be much appreciated...

Awesome work, thanks for putting in all this effort and helping people out so much. Being not exactly tech-savvy my problem is the following: whatever I choose for the virtual ram (usually DiscCacheArena, Local App, FX) seems to just "disappear" from the game (for example no lightsaber blades, spell effects...), preventing me from using the program so far. Any help would be much appreciated...

Same as usual : what is your computer? Have you read entirely the original post?

Thx for the reply, I currently play on my laptop, i7 M640 @2,8GHz, 8 GB Ram, NVidia GeForce GT 445M, Win 7 64, Intel SSD 128 GB ATA. Read the initial post and pretty much the whole thread and couldn't really figure out what's behind my problem. The SWTOR performance issues are really weird to me in the first place, since I run for example WoW on ultra without any problems and yet in SWTOR WZ performance is horrible through the board and there's no noticable difference between high graphic settings (as my nvidia experience software suggests for optimization) and lowest possible.

Thx for the reply, I currently play on my laptop, i7 M640 @2,8GHz, 8 GB Ram, NVidia GeForce GT 445M, Win 7 64, Intel SSD 128 GB ATA. Read the initial post and pretty much the whole thread and couldn't really figure out what's behind my problem. The SWTOR performance issues are really weird to me in the first place, since I run for example WoW on ultra without any problems and yet in SWTOR WZ performance is horrible through the board and there's no noticable difference between high graphic settings (as my nvidia experience software suggests for optimization) and lowest possible.

Try to remove and quit, then delete the xml config file of unleashed and retry. Try to check the 100Mb option too. Missing textures means the asset file containing the textures is not in the ramdrive. Maybe th elink was created but it hadn't the place to copy your asset onto the ramdrive.

Hey Exca, what are the processes and services created and used by SWTOR Unleashed?

I use Gamebooster by iobit and razer and i'd like to add the services created by SWTOR Unleashed to the whitelist.

There is none. SWTOR Unleashed kills itself when launching the BioWare launcher. The only service running is the ImDisk one (in order for the ramdrive to work).

Exca,

One thing I have noticed with Windows 8, is that my RAMdrive is still present even after my computer is restarted/powered off unless I use "retail" mode before I turn my computer off.

This wasn't the case with Windows 7. Is this a RAMdrive "feature" of Windows 8?

There is none. SWTOR Unleashed kills itself when launching the BioWare launcher. The only service running is the ImDisk one (in order for the ramdrive to work).

You're right, my bad.

Note to those that use GameBooster and SWTOR Unleashed: Add ImDskSvc=1 to your whitelist in gamebooster.

Edited by GuerillaTech

Exca,

One thing I have noticed with Windows 8, is that my RAMdrive is still present even after my computer is restarted/powered off unless I use "retail" mode before I turn my computer off.

Didn't notice since I'm on 7 actually. Also, I don't play the game anymore so...

Also, I don't play the game anymore so...

Can you please release the source for Unleashed then? For those of us who do....

Should something break in months to come, I dread having to wait for someone to start from scratch.

Edited by BellaEva

Can you please release the source for Unleashed then? For those of us who do....

Should something break in months to come, I dread having to wait for someone to start from scratch.

If I stop checking this thread, and think I won't update it, I will release it, don't worry :)

Exca,

Well I found a work around to run a task via scheduled tasks, triggered on a user disconnect.

imdisk -D -m T:

For some reason it doesnt work for me.

I set 7GB for virtual ram drive (i have total 16GB ram) and gave drive letter X: where is my ram drive.

When i save setting it said around 4.5GB will be used but launching swtor gives error not enough storage ????

[METHOD] RamDrive.Exists()

[METHOD] DriveManager.Exists(driveLetter=x)

[METHOD] RamDrive.Create()

[METHOD] ImDiskWrapper.CreateDevice(driveLetter=x, sizeInMegaBytes=4256, deviceNumber=0, backWithVirtualMemory=True, skipImDiskNet=False)

[METHOD] ImDiskWrapper.GetMountPoint(driveLetter=x)

[METHOD] ImDiskWrapper.Load()

[ERROR] RamDrive.Create() Exception : Not enough storage is available to process this command

[ERROR] Tools.ShowError() Not enough storage is available to process this command

Also i had issues entering ramdrive letter myself and it kept saying R: drive is already in use, even i entered X. So i manually edited XML file and gave number 120 as it is X drive letter.

After many attempts i gave up, i can see under control panel virtual disk driver it tries to create virtual drives but fails to launch always. Even if i give new driver letter not in use and used many different ones it kept failing and creating them...

Edited by Divona

If I stop checking this thread, and think I won't update it, I will release it, don't worry :)
I think you should sell it to BW for steep price, they already earned their share on the people whom your program improved game experience and lowered frustration inviting them to leave.

About Win 8, I was also surprised to see that system restores the ramdrive, however using the launcher right away caused crash, so I always use unleashed on first TOR start. I was first intrigued by much prolonged shutdown time. I just start game in retail mode to have ramdrive cleared.

It is rather curiosity than a nuisance. ;)

Edited by BogyOne

Running Win 7 64 bit and loving SWTOR Unleashed.

Exca, I realize you have a lot on your plate with Win 8 and all, but was hoping I could throw a couple ideas your way that I think would greatly improve how we use SWTOR Unleashed.

I think the ability to save and load profiles would be a great help for those who don’t have a ton of RAM. Then we could load up the files we need for specific things, like a FP or PVP or a planet that hates FPS over 10.

My other idea is, I run Win Resource Monitor on a second display to monitor and take note of which files the game is accessing at any particular point when my FPS drops. I don’t know how easy or difficult this would be, but add to the program a way to log which files cause FPS drops. Like a way to monitor the FPS and maybe the ability to set a threshold of say 20FPS, and any drops under the set threshold would log which files the game was accessing on your HD. It would be especially helpful for those who don’t have the luxury of multiple displays to monitor HD activity.

For anyone trying to keep the RAM usage below 8 gigs, I have been running 4 files:

Swtormain_art_area_all_item_1

Swtor_bnk_streamed_a_1

Swtor_bnk_streamed_b_1

Swtor_bnk_streamed_c_1

This seems to work well for a generic profile for general questing.

Maybe we could start a thread so we can share our different SWTOR Unleashed builds.

Hope this helps :rak_03: