SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

Since today's update, SWTOR is crashing (or existing unexpectedly) after I login (username, password) and click "play". In particular, after I click "play" I see the splashscreen and then SWTOR disappears.

I did notice that today's update included an update of the installer.

Hmmm, running "swtor retail" has the same effect. Maybe the problem is on SWTOR's side.

EDIT: I seem to be experiencing the problem described in this thread

Game crashes right after launcher screen

I expect when this works properly again SWTOR unleased will start working. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by funkiestj

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cleared HM TFB using unleashed. Seems alright on my side :) Could be something on your side.

Since today's update, SWTOR is crashing (or existing unexpectedly) after I login (username, password) and click "play". In particular, after I click "play" I see the splashscreen and then SWTOR disappears.

I did notice that today's update included an update of the installer.

Hmmm, running "swtor retail" has the same effect. Maybe the problem is on SWTOR's side.

EDIT: I seem to be experiencing the problem described in this thread

Game crashes right after launcher screen

I expect when this works properly again SWTOR unleased will start working. We'll have to wait and see.

Just cleared HM TFB using unleashed. Seems alright on my side :) Could be something on your side.

Hmmm, I get the "crash to desktop after the login splash screen" when I use SWTOR unleashed. SWTOR starts fine when I run it from the start menu. This problem started after the 4/2 update.

Oh well, at least I can play but I like the quicker loading screens when I use unleashed :(

This question may have been answered in the original post or later posts but I did not see it so apologies if it has.

Just recently 2 of my memory sticks when bad (possibly just 1 but I wasn't taking chances when I sent it back) and I was wondering if it's possible that Unleashed had some doing in it. Not directly but the memory usage it would cause. Some info:

16gb of memory

Usage (with unleashed on) was at around 65% percent

I was not monitoring temps but I have to assume they were fine

Event Viewer would give me an NTFS error stating "corruption may occur" whenever I would close the extra memory

I want to continue to use this program as it makes this game so much better but if it's going to cause memory corruption, I don't think I can.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Seems to be broken in 2.0 for me. :(

Error Code C6

Do you have 2GB of memory?

I decided to try unleashed again and I got the above error (different from my previous error)

so I did this

Close SWTOR Unleashed, delete the SwtorUnleashed.xml file and then re-save your settings and launch.

and now it is working. Yay!

Unleashed developer guy: you need a tip jar ...

I made a error in leaving unleashed pre-loaded in my Imdisk when I booted up the game after a game update. Now I get a C6 error like above again. Anyone know how to fix this? Ty.

Run unleashed and select the remove and quit option. Try running your game from the normal launcher icon. If that works you should be good from there. If it doesn't run the game from the normal launcher icon but don't select play, instead, once logged into the launcher select the cog and select the repair option and allow the game to repair itself. You should be golden after that. Don't forget to delete your unleashed xml file before launching unleashed again and reselecting your options for unleashed.

Finally installed SWTOR Unleashed yesterday after "ignoring" this thread for several months.

My god does it make a difference went up between 20 to 40 FPS in most situations WITH Shadows set to High (had to set 'm to Low before) and in many indoor areas Im at 100+ FPS.

Also I almost always got that very annoying "stutter" when you dismount and your companion is summoned...this stutter is finally gone :o

Finally installed SWTOR Unleashed yesterday after "ignoring" this thread for several months.

My god does it make a difference went up between 20 to 40 FPS in most situations ...

DATA POINT:

I have a very good frame rate without unleashed. I don't see any noticeable improvement in my already good frame rate. Where I do see improvement is in load times when changing areas.

Loading fleet, WZ, BH, switching toons are noticeably faster for me so that is why I use it.

Just seems like to much work to gain a minor amount of fps :S

It's not nearly as complicated as you think, and once it's set up, it's no more work than launching the game without Unleashed. For certain types of resource bottlenecks Unleashed is much more than a minor FPS improvement. Anyone with 8gb of RAM or more who wonders why it takes so long to load planets like Corellia and Belsavis. or regularly experiences soul-crushing lag on the fleet when running even the lowest graphics settings, is very likely to fall in love with Unleashed and never look back.

It truly was a game changer.

Edited by Plicitous

It's not nearly as complicated as you think, and once it's set up, it's no more work than launching the game without Unleashed. For certain types of resource bottlenecks Unleashed is much more than a minor FPS improvement. Anyone with 8gb of RAM or more who wonders why it takes so long to load planets like Corellia and Belsavis. or regularly experiences soul-crushing lag on the fleet when running even the lowest graphics settings, is very likely to fall in love with Unleashed and never look back.

It truly was a game changer.

it's a pretty intimidating post though, lots of info and data.