SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump, but with a legitimate question, if anyone's left to answer it...

...can I put this RAMdisk on a MicroSD card in my laptop's card reader and expect similar gains, or will it still be choked by whatever interface the card is using? The reason I'm asking is I have a 4GB MicroSD card that won't work for my phone...but I can tinker with the settings in SWTORUnleashed to make the RAMdisk just shy of the 4GB to fill the card.

Edited by MishraArtificer

SWTOR Unleashed

Greetings, and a big thankyou for your excellent program to help us run ToR better.

I recently bought a ASUS G75VX with 16 gigabytes of ram.

Do you have any recommendations of what to upload into Unleashed, or is it better to run without it.

It has somekind of hybrid SSD disc and works very fast. Starts windows 8 in a few seconds.

Please give me advice, and thankyou once again for your fantastic program. It helps my stationary computer alot

Edited by Icestar

Bump, but with a legitimate question, if anyone's left to answer it...

...can I put this RAMdisk on a MicroSD card in my laptop's card reader and expect similar gains, or will it still be choked by whatever interface the card is using? The reason I'm asking is I have a 4GB MicroSD card that won't work for my phone...but I can tinker with the settings in SWTORUnleashed to make the RAMdisk just shy of the 4GB to fill the card.

Read/Write speeds are normally pretty low on those cards.

Just wanted to drop in and say that this still works and has done wonders for me after a recent RAM upgrade. Improvements are most noticeable on the fleet, when loading and rendering the large planets like Tatooine, Belsavis, Correllia and on 16-man raids or other instances that contain a lot of FX.

Great program! Thanks to all who created/support it!

What's the real performance benefit over using an SSD? Will it even be noticeable? I have a Samsung 830 with 8GB of RAM. Would consider upgrading to 32GB RAM if using a RAMDisk will help SWTOR run better, but if the performance gains are minimal, I won't bother.

Been having some issues with unleashed of late, seems that my performance in terms of fps is actually getting noticably lower while using the ram disk than without despite having 16GB of memory with only 4.5 GB of it allocated to the ram disk.

Any suggestions?

I want to ask a question. I read through a lot of the comment pages, but there is just to much different things to go through for my purpose so...

Question:

I managed to find a good setup for my unleashed and computer so I can play with more than doubled my original fps, except in combat.

What I do is Add DiskCacheArea and LocalApp and the FX +:

Swtormain_art_weapon_1

Swtormain_gamedata_1

swtormain_gfx_assets_1

swtormain_area_<planet I am about to quest on>_1

Now, what I wonder is if there is an additional file I could click to improve the drop I get during combat. I do understand that combat is more requiring than running around the planet but since combat is the most vital part of the game I really hoped to improve this. Any suggestions are appreciated so I can actually try them out one at a time in different combos. Thank you!

Been having some issues with unleashed of late, seems that my performance in terms of fps is actually getting noticably lower while using the ram disk than without despite having 16GB of memory with only 4.5 GB of it allocated to the ram disk.

Any suggestions?

Yes a few of us noticed this a while ago.

Even though the FPS numbers are lower when using the ram disk gameplay was actually smoother.

Maybe lower average FPS but higher lows if you know what I mean.

Hi

Since the last 2 patches I have been unable to play on my G75v laptop. it was working fine without any program needing to help with performance. I have 32g ram so that is not a problem. Windows 8 64bit.

SO I decided to give this program a try. with selecting all the options and running swtor it was using 22gig ram total leaving 10 free.

I had no improvement at all. I have reinstalled the game onto another drive and this didn't help either. Im thinking from what im reading on other threads that there is a major issue with the game.

This is frustrating me to no end as I got this laptop so I can play this game mobile and not be stuck on my pc.

Edited by dreadddy
sub

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but... When ever I try to log into my sniper and my gunslinger the game crashes to desktop without throwing an error. I can log in just fine with all my other characters, so I can't track down where the fault may be. Has anyone else ran into this? I was going to use the repair button but I think I remember someone saying not to otherwise it will mess up the unleashed install.

When a posted awhile back that I was haiving issues with unleashed, I was darn near lynched! I am surprised that is taking this long for other people to see it.

I did review the code, after I had problems, and there is nothing malicious in it. Not professionally written to be sure, but it is harmless.

I removed it after being instructed to do so by Customer Service. I suggest you do the same.

Hi guys. I've been having terrible lagging issues on SWTOR, It's mainly due to me having a rather old laptop (2009) with a very bog standard dual core processor and about 2gb RAM and i hope to upgrade soon. It runs well on some planets but nearly unplayable on others (Balmorra and Alderaan are the worse). This SWTOR Unleashed sounds like it could really work wonders for me but the op says it's for people with quite a lot more RAM than i have. Is there any other kind of program out there for older machines that could help me out?... Should i just go ahead and install this anyway or would that be a bad move?

Thanks.

Edited by BlakeAK
missing text.

Please, will somebody let me know if this can be used on an older machine with less memory? or if there is another program/option/fix like this for low end machines?... I really do need as much help as possible to get this game running. At the moment i am running on the lowest settings possible and i am still experiencing almost game breaking lag on some planets. Any help or suggestions at all would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Please, will somebody let me know if this can be used on an older machine with less memory? or if there is another program/option/fix like this for low end machines?... I really do need as much help as possible to get this game running. At the moment i am running on the lowest settings possible and i am still experiencing almost game breaking lag on some planets. Any help or suggestions at all would be most welcome.

Thanks.

There is no point in running it on a PC w/ less than 8gb of RAM.

Upgrade or continue suffering.