They changed my gears color!

OpTiMaTeZ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear the voss mystic set because i like the look, and mainly because it is white to match my white color crystal. I login today and see after the patch my gear is blue! What the hell? At least give me the option to change back to white...

Oh wow, so again Bioware does not even bother to ask how the fans feel about changes like this, they just run off and do them anyway. No mention of it in the patch notes by the way, just just sneak it on in there.

I busted my tail to get Social V (which takes forever) to unlock that gear....so now it's blue? Really, Bioware? Does Bioware just want more of us to quit the game? It sure feels that way.

I wear the voss mystic set because i like the look, and mainly because it is white to match my white color crystal. I login today and see after the patch my gear is blue! What the hell? At least give me the option to change back to white...

This F'ing sucks! I hope this is a bug and not there way of fixing the color match problem ( where everything you color match turns blue ) with voss gear! They better give us a color armor option when F2P comes out....because this won't do!

I agree, the legacy name foul up, the gear color changes, the ridiculous amount of down time, im just ticked off today.

I don't get the anger over legacy names, people can "RP" their marriages now, go to a little vendor and make their legacies match, that's cute. I don't get why you're so paranoid someone would steal yours unless it was something like say... Skywalker.

Seems like a growing trend. If its broke, don't fix it. If its not broke, break it.

Why would they randomly change the color of this gear? Is there other that were changed? Whats the reason behind it?

So you will buy "white die" when the store comes out? :D

Seems like a growing trend. If its broke, don't fix it. If its not broke, break it.

Why would they randomly change the color of this gear? Is there other that were changed? Whats the reason behind it?

Can you imagine if they changed the color of your black gear? It's the same thing to me...they are really going out of their way to really tick us off here and it's working. I am growing extremely close to just saying to hell with MMOs and giving up gaming completely. You can't like anything in these games, because the second you start liking something...they either nerf it or change it.

Seriously, I was rather irritated when I logged in this morning and saw that change. My Sniper is named Simohayha...you know, the guy that killed hundreds of Russians by himself. They feared him and his ninja tactics so much that they called him the White Death. BW has turned the White Death into the Blue Death =(

Anyone know of other gear that was changed? So far it looks like the rest of my characters are untouched, but that doesn't mean nothing else happened.

Seriously, I was rather irritated when I logged in this morning and saw that change. My Sniper is named Simohayha...you know, the guy that killed hundreds of Russians by himself. They feared him and his ninja tactics so much that they called him the White Death. BW has turned the White Death into the Blue Death =(

Anyone know of other gear that was changed? So far it looks like the rest of my characters are untouched, but that doesn't mean nothing else happened.

It was the only white outfit of it's kind that had a tail piece. Now there are no white pieces with a tail piece. It's a load of crap if you ask me.

It would be nice if a dev commented and let us know what the deal is, because im not wearing blue around all the time. Do i need to find a new gear set or wait for dye?

How much will it cost you do find new gear, rip the mods out of your new blue gear, then re augment the new gear you find? All because Bioware, without a hint or word, changed your favorite white outfit and turned it blue...all because they could not get the color change code to make outfits white with it.

Pretty fricken lame. Bioware, you're not slick. And don't even try telling us "It was always intended to be blue." That will be a load of crap if you do....and I see it coming now.

Star Trek Online did this very same thing. Changed the Cloaking graphics from a realistic cloaking effect and turned it to purple. Ticked me off so much I stopped playing that game. Apparently a lot of others quit too, because now they too are free to play. Go figure.

This is horrible news. I was looking forward to getting that gear on one of my characters.

Reminds me of the time they let me play a Rattataki as a Marauder...then took away the Centurion Gear...like deleted it completely from the game. You seriously can't win the way they change crap all the time. No point in getting accustomed to anything in game. Seems they target your favorite outfits and delete them, or change them to where you no longer even want them.

Never had this issue with any other MMO I have ever played.

Edited by Wraiven

That is lousy, and seems so random. :( That set was one of the only options for white-ish robes, particularly Empire-side.

hope this is a bug and not there way of fixing the color match problem ( where everything you color match turns blue ) with voss gear!

Welp, looks like we may have our answer as for the "why", right there. I had no idea about the color matching issue with that set, but if this isn't a bug, just changing the color of the set to match the color match sounds like a method that Bioware might use to fix it.

Edited by Gwena

I hope this is a bug and not there way of fixing the color match problem ( where everything you color match turns blue ) with voss gear!

This is the entire reason I didn't end up using the Voss chest piece. At the time, I thought it would have turned the rest of my gear white but instead, it turned it blue. I was highly disappointed by this so therefore, I opted to find a different look. I have been in full support of a lot of things with this game since launch but it's "fixes" like these that just make you wonder what the heck they are thinking sometimes.

Took me by surprise too, I logged onto my Sorc healer this morning to see his White top go blue. The only reason I got the Voss top was to have a white outfit and to get rid of the spanish inquisition look plus it fit into my light sided Sorc healer char.

BW really needs to give a headsup when changing skins, maybe this is the reason why they had to extend maintenance because they thought just allowing non-unique legacy names didn't piss off enough players, they decided to screw with their armours too. Not that I have spent countless hours min/maxing that armour and if I have to transfer to another chest piece it will literally bankrupt me with the extraction costs.

Oh well back to Seething........

I was trying on the Voss Mystic chest piece yesterday, prior to the patch, and it was turning several of my armor pieces that cadet blue or blue-gray.

Someone may have even put in a ticket that the colors seemed wrong.

Ultimately, it's their game, and their gear, and you're paying for the privilege of being able to use it. Sorry these changes didn't work with you, but it's really their call.

And I'm still not convinced you had them all matched before, as I stated prior. That set of armor was turning my Black Hole, Columi and Rakata pieces blue yesterday PRIOR to last night's patch...

EDIT: After seeing a few more posts, I see that it's the main chest piece they changed. I'm guessing this was a glitch in some way. The colors that the chest piece should be applying to other pieces of gear (as I stated was happening yesterday) may have been inverted and instead changed the color of the chest piece. How about put in a support ticket or call the customer service hotline and see what they say first before raging?

Edited by Kubernetic

I was trying on the Voss Mystic chest piece yesterday, prior to the patch, and it was turning several of my armor pieces that cadet blue or blue-gray.

Someone may have even put in a ticket that the colors seemed wrong.

Ultimately, it's their game, and their gear, and you're paying for the privilege of being able to use it. Sorry these changes didn't work with you, but it's really their call.

And I'm still not convinced you had them all matched before, as I stated prior. That set of armor was turning my Black Hole, Columi and Rakata pieces blue yesterday PRIOR to last night's patch...

EDIT: After seeing a few more posts, I see that it's the main chest piece they changed. I'm guessing this was a glitch in some way. The colors that the chest piece should be applying to other pieces of gear (as I stated was happening yesterday) may have been inverted and instead changed the color of the chest piece. How about put in a support ticket or call the customer service hotline and see what they say first before raging?

Ever since the Voss set first came out and color matching was introduced the chest piece was always white and the color matched pieces were blue, if this was an oversight on their part then they should have mentioned it in the release notes. Most people, including myself bought the Voss chestpiece due to it being white, and I actually liked the fact it color matched blue so my fugly BH pants went blue and were not putrid green. Since, we will probably never get an answer I will just have to find another set I like, or wait till they release a "soon to be coming" dye system for a bazillion cartel coins, of course the popular colors like black and white will be the most expensive.

Since, we will probably never get an answer I will just have to find another set I like, or wait till they release a "soon to be coming" dye system for a bazillion cartel coins, of course the popular colors like black and white will be the most expensive.

You can bet on it.