They changed my gears color!

OpTiMaTeZ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully in the future they'll make it so that we can change the colours on pieces of armour. (Everyone's going to say "oh, you GW2 fangirl" - actually a dye system is something I've always wanted since playing the first Guild Wars. I simple believe it's a simple and effective way of having greater character customisation and player choice. I'm always disappointed when I find a game that doesn't allow colour changes like that.)

BioWare did dyes for NWN, back in the day. Given the time, I am sure we can hope to see this on down the line. They would probably make a good cash-shop item. Mind, I'd prefer to get them for credits, but I'd spend cartel coins for cosmetic perks.

I can understand why you're upset. When you work that hard for a white set, you should be able to have it. I own the set, but don't use it currently. I tried it on, I actually thought the blue was kinda cool looking, but agree, that you should atleast get a choice or something...or a toggle so you can enjoy both colours for it.

I had a look at the blue Voss robe and it was actually not that bad. I expected it to be all blue, or more like that imp'ish purple color, but it was a nice blue color and in a pattern. I'm in no way saying that they shouldnt fix it but it would be cool if we could use dye like that. I think it would have looked even more awesome if the blue had been replaced by orange.

Talked to a CSR and apparently they're working on it. I don't know anyone on the PTS, otherwise I'd ask and see if it was there as well.

Appreciate it. Obviously fixing the class mission bugs (today's patch) was more important as "blue" is not game breaking but I was hopeful this would have been in with those class mission fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems its not just the armour sets that have seen some god nasty discolurations since the maintenace this week even the actual toons themselves look like they have been vitamin starved months.

Take a close look at the facial colours... its all a bit pastey now... definatley not what what I wanted my toons to look like!

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully never, looks much better blue.

That is purely a matter of opinion. :)

Certainly not the look I spend all that time grinding social for. Also spent a lot of credits moving mods into this robe, so I really want the item I purchased, not its blue cousin. Obviously it would be better still if we had some type of color function that lets people like me have the original and others a chance to color it as they see fit but that's new functionality not a big fix.

I agree, the legacy name foul up, the gear color changes, the ridiculous amount of down time, im just ticked off today.

To be clear the legacy name foul up, I believe you are referring to is that Legacy names are no longer unique?

That was not a foul up. That was a cure. And I am happier for it thank you very much.

Wow, I've grinded all my characters to social 5 just to be able to use that set in its' original color...and now they've messed that up too.

I'm glad that I deleted the game.

Wait, what? Then why are you here? Just to ***** about it? I begin to see why this forum is as oddly negative when the people I talk to in the game are far less so. It's got a large population of people who don't actually play and have an axe to grind.

And look,it's just a bug,one that won't affect gameplay at all until it's fixed. Everyone really needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

Edited by errant_knight

Wait, what? Then why are you here? Just to ***** about it? I begin to see why this forum is as oddly negative when the people I talk to in the game are far less so. It's got a large population of people who don't actually play and have an axe to grind.

And look,it's just a bug,one that won't affect gameplay at all until it's fixed. Everyone really needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

Truer words have never been spoken. To be honest paying $15 per month only to use this forum to *****, whine, and complain about everything is pennies for anyone with an income and an agenda.