They changed my gears color!

OpTiMaTeZ

This was resolved in 1.4.1, thanks for changing the color back!

The blue and gold of the bugged Voss mystic was such a nice change from the rather crappy colors Rep gets.

this color bug was one I had hoped would stick around for longer. I thought it was so much better than the original color.

Did they really fix the bug?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blue and gold of the bugged Voss mystic was such a nice change from the rather crappy colors Rep gets.

this color bug was one I had hoped would stick around for longer. I thought it was so much better than the original color.

Did they really fix the bug?

It was nice, and I would like to see that color in a new future Voss outfit. But I like the White better, seeing as how it is the only white outfit you can get for the Imperials. I'm glad they changed it back, but would like to see the other color come back soon in another set.

No it is not fixed. Up until last night my Voss set was a dark blue pattern that looked different from the other white sets. Now it is a bleached out white/gray color.

It was originally White, a past patch bugged them out and changed their colors to the blue pattern you refer to. It is now fixed and they are colored as intended.

It was originally White, a past patch bugged them out and changed their colors to the blue pattern you refer to. It is now fixed and they are colored as intended.

Lovely, well the intended color stinks, looks like they ran it through the wash with extra bleach. I really liked the blue, it was a nice change from the other end game sets. Both the columi and rakata chests are white on the Republic side, so a little variety was nice. Since I have campaign armoring and mods, guess I will just find something else. Too bad we couldn't have both though, it has always been a challenge on the Republic side to find decent looking Consular robes that weren't either gray, beige, or white :(

Of course, they don't have this problem on the Empire side, my Sorc has lots of options...

Lovely, well the intended color stinks, looks like they ran it through the wash with extra bleach. I really liked the blue, it was a nice change from the other end game sets. Both the columi and rakata chests are white on the Republic side, so a little variety was nice. Since I have campaign armoring and mods, guess I will just find something else. Too bad we couldn't have both though, it has always been a challenge on the Republic side to find decent looking Consular robes that weren't either gray, beige, or white :(

Of course, they don't have this problem on the Empire side, my Sorc has lots of options...

So true.

It's almost sickening to see all the color options emps sides has in comparison to rep side.

I enjoyed teh blue while it lasted and even though I had the Voss well before the bug and will stick with that set, it was nice to have some color for a while.

But I did just get out of the game and it's back to it's original white/off-white color now with a little bit of gold color.

If this is the same bug that causes my troopers white boots become sickly blue if colours are unified, then this is not fixed. Just (hour before this latest CtD) checked and it still turns my boot blue.

Wait ... is that why my trooper's armour with unified colours is sorta an undead "powder blue"? :eek:

LOL - now people are complaining that the altered colors are no longer in-game?!!!

The set was white. It was made blue by mistake. It is white again. There is lots of armor in the game, and more coming by year's end for purchase (as adaptive orange shells). Be creative and make a set that looks cool, which I see people doing regardless of class, or wait for more pre-made armor sets to become available.

Or complain about everything and anything and then everything again on the forums. Unbelievable...

Wait ... is that why my trooper's armour with unified colours is sorta an undead "powder blue"? :eek:

Maybe. I do have some dark stripes in my chestguard but no other armor piece (all white) turns completely swirling blue like the boots (the color is weird). It looks unintended.

EDIT: To clarify. The boots should stay white as color get unified if comparing how other armor pieces behave. For example same set armored pants don't turn sickly blue. They stay white.

Edited by FINNT

LOL - now people are complaining that the altered colors are no longer in-game?!!!

The set was white. It was made blue by mistake. It is white again. There is lots of armor in the game, and more coming by year's end for purchase (as adaptive orange shells). Be creative and make a set that looks cool, which I see people doing regardless of class, or wait for more pre-made armor sets to become available.

Or complain about everything and anything and then everything again on the forums. Unbelievable...

Try playing a consular and then get back with me. You will find the choices are pretty thin. I only picked up the Voss set when I saw it in blue, never even knew it was supposed to be white until today, mine has always been blue. It looked great and got a lot of complements.

Yeah I will find something else, I have a level 40 robe that isn't too bad, but that still doesn't mean that the blue Voss mystic robe wasn't nice looking and somehting I would like to have.

Ok. I have tested some more and found this out. The boots actually have stripes (sort of, not straight) that the same set pants don't have. The reason the color gets all funky and weird in my case is something to do with light.

In neutral light (daylight) the stripes are clear and dark (unified coloring -> dark from breastplate), but some lights (artificial indoors) make them blur the stripes and make dark color sickly blue. The combination might be just "intended" but it looks "bad".

SO MY FAULT -> this doesn't seem to relate this post.

Try playing a consular and then get back with me. You will find the choices are pretty thin. I only picked up the Voss set when I saw it in blue, never even knew it was supposed to be white until today, mine has always been blue. It looked great and got a lot of complements.

Yeah I will find something else, I have a level 40 robe that isn't too bad, but that still doesn't mean that the blue Voss mystic robe wasn't nice looking and somehting I would like to have.

Hey, I can understand how you feel...the way I look is extremely important to me...so see if you like this outfit as a replacement to the one you had...same exact outfit, just not white..it's not blue either, it's like an off grey.

If you like this, hit me up and I'll tell you where you can find one.

Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, as an update to this, we have confirmed that this is indeed a bug and we are working on getting a resolution to this as soon as possible. Thank you!

In case you guys missed it

Ya no, lets just look at the track record and history of what happens...

Hint - it certainly doesn't get fixed/improved only made worse...

In case you need a reference of how it did look...

http://www.end-gamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/swtorsithsocialarmor.jpg

Edited by IrishTR