The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i quit to go do my regular quest. the lines were long so people are interested in doing it. I missed the r Rakghoul Pandemic so i wanted to try this one. i thought we were to PVP because its a race for both sides. :o

I've had the same problem. I don't understand the logic in not putting at least the single use items behind a phase somewhere.. at least that way we all get a private instance of it, and have a chance to complete it. I had to try and follow the robot from "A Lead" 6 times with my pub because someone clicked it before I finished the fight to repair it..

Future Advice - Put stuff like this behind a phase somewhere.

The new event is a nice change of pace, but only a week long?

Seriously?

It's a pain to try to collect the needed tokens to buy stuff with all the people running around and the relatively slow spawn times & dispersed crates. The competition for them is pretty high. Then the missions are slowly opened up during that week so people end up on the same quest?

Cramming it into a week just exacerbates the issues even more.

Heaven forbid you want to get the items on multiple characters. It's a full time job then.

If you go through the trouble of making an event, at least give an opportunity to enjoy it.

Edited by Infalliable

I'm having problems with Rakata Eating Utensils. I got stuck in it, couldn't track the bounty hunbter, tried to reset but there was no option so I abandoned it. Can't clik onc rate to retake it?

same here, didnt play cutscenes at the points of interest so i abandoned it to try again and now i cant click crate anymore.

same here, didnt play cutscenes at the points of interest so i abandoned it to try again and now i cant click crate anymore.

This. That is I was reading guide and there wasnt points of interest at place where they should be (first tunnel) so i abandoned. opened a ticket, will see what will respond.

The Lobelot 250 token pet, I've seen in General chat someone say they got it in a Smuggler crate on Nar Shadaa rather than having to spend tokens on it.

Can anyone(Dev/Comm member/Anyone who actually got it out of there) confirm this? And/or are there outher pets in those crates?

I got the pet from a smuggler crate so it is possible.

the point on intrests are bit farthur in that the guide showed for the first one I was confused to but did find it and you should be able to view the scenes over again if you click on the item again. I know I watched it again without abandoning the quests. not sure what tell people who abandoned it though. maybe try the crate again

Anyone else run have the problem with the 'flaxxon' boss on nar shadda becoming invincible when another player comes along and joins the battle?

Suddenly the capacitors will get stuck and you cannot destroy them.

YES YES, I Posted this Problem. Since mine was ignored I'll just Quote yours.

Here's the scenario:

1. You activate the console and the flaxxon boss appears.

2. You notice he's invincible unless you destory the consoles

3. All 4 consoles destroyed boss starts taking damage

--THEN in walks another player wanting to beat the boss--

4. If the players join in on your fight the consoles will not reactivate so you can destroy them

5. The flaxxon boss just becomes invincible

6. You basically have to quit out of the game to escape the situation

Anyone notice that the Flaxxon boss for the Imperial quest is much easier than the Dresseler boss for the Republic side? Imperial side you click the capacitators and the boss looses his shields and becomes easier whether he is close to them or not. Republic side there are 2 capacitators, not 4, and if the robot is not right on top of it when you click it does nothing. Oh and the Republic side has the robot you have to kill before Dresseler and while you are killing the robot Dresseler is shooting up your pet and is invincible until the robot dies. All my imperial characters could do this quest solo easily, republic side I had to have help. Maybe I am missing something but I don't know why they would make the quest so much harder for the republic side.

Of course this occured when I was on a vacation... $#^@ ! :(

Is there a certain set of stuff like the last event, etc? Am I screwed of did bW allow us to unlock all the missions right away or push aside those who start late?

Also, when does this end?

Edited by Eillack

My complaint is The Grand Acquisitions Race is supposed to be open to anyone with a starship. This means anyone that has completed Coruscant or Dromund Kaas. While most of Nar Shaddaa has been fine for my level 22 Gunslinger, travel in the Network Security District to get the "Rakata Eating Utensils" has not been pleasant. A level 22 in a zone with level 30 mobs is repeated death. Then with the 10 timer on the Medical Probe, progress with this quest is very time consuming and expensive (to repair the gear from multiple deaths). And then to top off everything, the gold Elite Smuggler while scaled to my level kills me before I can kill him (and another large repair bill). I didn't succeed until someone let a hand in killing him. I don't think I will try to complete this quest with any of my other Level 22 characters. This implies that you should be at least level 31 or 32 to complete the entire Grand Acquisitions Race.

PS: While waiting multiple times for the 10 minute cool down timer to expire in order to be revived, I noticed most people had trouble taking out the Mercenary NPC. Maybe he's a bit too strong? :(

I like the Event and all having few 50 and over 6 toons its nice having soming new. But my mains a lvl 50 Warrior so I dont use Guns and I hav no use for 90% speeder witch it Cool looking and would lov 2 hav but with its slow speed ill never use. I would lov if the had some nice sabers and/or Swords as cool looking as the Guns. And had a lvl 3 speeder or made the Speeder Adaptive to license lvl. The Adaptive Gear is nice but without set bonus I cant use yet. The Pet cool but thats it. I feel so left out as a force user!!! :jawa_frown:

My biggest surprise with the event is the items you are finding for the race aren't part of the rewards you can keep. It would be cool(would've) if you could have picked one of the scavenger hunt items to keep when the quest line is finished. My JK probably would've worn a moddable Akar Kesh mask. Maybe the Shard could've been a rare lightsaber crystal. What about the Krayt Dragon pearl? There's things that could've been done with the other items.

Of course this occured when I was on a vacation... $#^@ ! :(

Is there a certain set of stuff like the last event, etc? Am I screwed of did bW allow us to unlock all the missions right away or push aside those who start late?

Also, when does this end?

I'm glad to say these "delayed" events seem to be unlocked for everyone now -- I started the stuff on one of my characters on Wednesday and both expected ones (follow-the-droid and droid-race-fixing) were available for her on Thursday. So even if you get about 3-4 hours free on Monday evening, you should be able to complete it on one character (assuming character level is 26 or higher, any lower and you'll be dying a lot to the mobs in the Nar Shadda bonus area).

Next Monday is the last full day to do it -- it ends at Midnight, Austin TX time.

My biggest complaint was the gear choices. I am curious if the tokens can be used later on (and if not, well not the end of the world) because I am not buying anything this round.

Keep in mind it has been stated, some what officially, that the armor for this and the rakgoul event will be legacy bound in the future. Thats the main reason im going to take the time to get a set, not that it takes too much effort.