The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

Ah that would explain the comment then. Since I play only on PVE servers and most folks don't PVP on this server. But if your on a PVP server then yeah it might be difficult to get Rakata Eating Utensils. Of course I would think it would be hard to get the quest to begin with since Promenade would be the same way I would have thought.

The Promenade is flagged as a non-PvP area. Everyone is in green there.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah that would explain the comment then. Since I play only on PVE servers and most folks don't PVP on this server. But if your on a PVP server then yeah it might be difficult to get Rakata Eating Utensils. Of course I would think it would be hard to get the quest to begin with since Promenade would be the same way I would have thought.

The Promenade is a "peace zone". Opposing factions cannot attack each other in shared area like cantinas. Nar Shaddaa is different in that the Market district is shared by both factions - - kind of like Voss as well. But once you leave the Promenade all bets are off. The designers made it such a way that the Promenade taxis are on different ends of the area and the taxis take both factions to 2 different places. The Bonus Series area you can definitely see the opposing faction.

And interestingly enough, I've found that I can get through the Alien Outreach area on my 50 PT, through the guards, and right into the Republic Area. I've checked my mail there and nailed a few level 30's. Until the 30's call for 50 reinforcement. It was fun, nevertheless.

OK. Where to begin? Let me see here.

1. Non-repeatable quests. Come on, now. It's easy enough to get about 120 or so Tokens of Enrichment just from acquiring all of the items and turning them in. However, the pet (the only thing worth getting for many people) costs twice as many Tokens. How am I supposed to get the rest? Farming off of items that disrupt other people's chances of completing the event. Or buying them off of other players. FAIL. :rak_04:

2. Length of the event. Why even run an event unless you make it long enough for everyone to participate? It only took me about 3 hours of game play to acquire everything, but that was only on one character. Most players have more than one alt (I have 3.) Again, time constraints come into play for normal people - you know, the ones that have jobs, school, families. Again, this is FAIL.

3. The rewards. Seriously, Bioware? A 90% speed speeder bike that smoke, bubbles, churns, and sounds like it could fall apart at any given moment? Guns - some of which are unusable by any class or their companions? A non-combat pet, and maybe another one if you can afford it? And a suit of social armor? The only thing I'm interested in is the pet, and I frankly don't think it's worth the effort to work at it. Where are the lightsaber crystals? Unique weapons for Sith and Jedi?

4. The cutscenes. NO CHARACTER DIALOGUE WHATSOEVER. Hell, at least my character said something during the Rakghoul Plague event. Not even a peep this time. :rak_02:

If this is the quality we can expect from Bioware now that they've caved to EA's demands for more income, this game is going to downhill very quickly. I've warned several people that this was going to happen; it turns out I may have been right.

Help please!

Having trouble with one of the bonus missions in The Grand Acquisitions Race questline, namely Fossilized Krayt Dragon Pearl. For some reason when clicking on box, i dont get the intended bonus quest in my log. Ive watched movies and read blogs etc etc. Nobody seems to have this problem. Ive also tried a repair scan, and that didnt help either.. Any clue what to do?

I really like this event. I just finished it today on one of my new characters and I bought all of the Sandpeople armor except for the bracers (need 5 more tokens). I hope the devs do more events like these in the future.

Some of it was frustrating (like when you have to wait on a bunch of other people for the clicky ones and ninjas) but I really loved the Rakata eating utensils one. I was kinda hoping that would be a reward, the 140 rated rakata spork of doom. lol jk

Edited by MorgonKara

With the event ending in a few days and the vendor hanging around another week after that. I have to ask will more be added to the vendor. As it is now its unfair to Sith and Jedi as they can't get any of the weapons. And for BH and Smuggler the only use for them is to rip out the barrels at 200k a piece.

So are Sith, Jedi, BH and Smuggler going to be stiffed or is BW going to add more to the vendor. If I knew that I might send some more alts through the quest before the event ended, as is now I've only sent half of them.

How can you have an event with gear that is only good for certain classes? It makes no sense to me.

I think I will be canceling my account as I am really board with the game. And and there seems to be no effort to make it better. I think that the game management needs to change hands.

How can you have an event with gear that is only good for certain classes? It makes no sense to me.

I think I will be canceling my account as I am really board with the game. And and there seems to be no effort to make it better. I think that the game management needs to change hands.

The last event was aimed at force users remember. We been told events go in cycles with certain rewards. EVERYONE can use the actual gear (Boodguard Robes), Agents and Vanguards are for the weps, the misc everyone can use once more.

And virtually all of this stuff will be Bind on Legacy aka you buy it now and any other character you have in your Legacy can use it for the most part.

You must not remember the Rakghoul event that screwed late players over. BW has learned that lesson and so far, not counting the lag spikes and some camping on smuggled boxes, this event is going very well.

In my opinion I wouldn't leave TOR for this reason, if you leave, leave because something literally game-breaking keeps happens to you and could never be fixed (which everything does get fixed at one point).

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Eillack

I have gotten all of the items except the Rakata Eating Utensils. Where do I go for that one? All the other ones seemed to have a quest associated with it or a crate to click on, but I am having a hard time finding this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have enjoyed both events.

Only problem with this one is for a friend who only gets to play in peak times.

Took us 2 hours to find enough crates for the quest items as they wouldnt drop, he gave up after the last hour spent trying to get 1, a quest reset didnt help either. So i dont think it was a good idea having quest items in the crates which people were farming like crazy for tokens

I personally am not happy with this event, To me it isn't as fun as the Rakghoul event was. I mean at least then you had repeatable missions to do, and the exploding plague was comical. This one you just drive around looking for smuggler crates. (Which during peak hours is dang near impossible) BORING......zzzzzzzz

I dont mind the vendor choices, I do wish there had been more to buy something everyone could use like the color crystals. I was so hoping for a new one. As it stands its just ugly sand people gear and an overpriced pet. (Which i bought because I am a pet collector) lol. But oh well. Hopefully the next one will be more fun. :cool:

That being said I will go back to my box hunting. Happy Hunting to the rest of you. :rak_03:

Can someone explain to me what the "twist" of the event that it was supposed to have is?

Perhaps I am too stupid to notice....

You find out the Gree Fleet is coming back?

Edited by Eillack

The last event was aimed at force users remember.

You guys have to stop presenting this as a fact. Yeah, the visual effect of the crystal was more visible for force users, but i saw many people who were exited with their black-green colored blaster fire. Not to mention everyone were benefitting from the stat equally.

EVERYONE can use the actual gear (Boodguard Robes),

How is it actual gear? It's just fluff, same as containment set was.

Agents and Vanguards are for the weps,

Yeah, they are for the only reward which has stats. This is the actual gear.

the misc everyone can use once more.

The misc, such as companion customizations, everyone indeed could use, it was useful for everyone. But what's the use of a 90% speeder for anyone above level 40?

And virtually all of this stuff will be Bind on Legacy aka you buy it now and any other character you have in your Legacy can use it for the most part.

The only thing which is going to be BoL is the sand people set. Don't misinform people.

You must not remember the Rakghoul event that screwed late players over. BW has learned that lesson and so far, not counting the lag spikes and some camping on smuggled boxes, this event is going very well.

Cool, they've fixed one mistake. Well, maybe even 2, since the vendor is going to stay for an additional week after the event ends. But they made over 1k other mistakes at the same time.

Edited by Trollokdamus

How is it actual gear? It's just fluff, same as containment set was.

Easy, it's empty Mod able gear that is adaptable and non-class specific so it works for anyone including companions.

So in essence it IS actual gear that everyone can use. The fact it contains no mods is irrelevant. Anyone from level 1 to level 50 can use it.

Rakata Eating Utensils is not in a PVP area, there is really only one PVP area in the game and thats Outlaw's Den. Rakata Eating Utensils is in the Bonus Series Area of Nar Shaddaa. If you have a level 30 toon or higher you can get to it. The Bonus Series for Nar Shaddaa is level 30. Either that or have a higher level toon go with ya. Thats what I did for my level 25 toon.

Yup. I got the utensils with my lev 20 Operative. Stealth helped a great deal, and it wasn't easy, but it can be done. Pretty cool actuallyl as my lev20 has the loyalist title and that funky speeder. lol

Keep in mind it has been stated, some what officially, that the armor for this and the rakgoul event will be legacy bound in the future. Thats the main reason im going to take the time to get a set, not that it takes too much effort.

That sand armor (and announcement) makes this event worthwhile. Easy to obtain BoL gear. (Other than the legacy vendor stuff that is 100-250k per piece) It's easily worth over a million credits. I don't think many people realize that BoL gear is the only way to transfer and gear up alts using bound mods from any source and any level.

So how is this Bind to the Legacy thing going to work. Lets say my 50 character buys the speeder and I set it up so she's running around with it. Does that mean that my low level character can go buy it from somewhere now? of does my 50 have to give it up to my low level one?

The speeder won't be bind to legacy, only the orange sandpeople armour you can currently buy from the event vendor, the social armour that was given out during the rakghoul-event and the legacy gear you obtain from the legacy vendors on the main planets.

Edit: Thanks for the correction below, the weapons obtained trough the event are also bound to legacy, and are currently the ONLY way of transferring barrels between chars.

Edited by Cran

The speeder won't be bind to legacy, only the orange sandpeople armour you can currently buy from the event vendor, the social armour that was given out during the rakghoul-event and the legacy gear you obtain from the legacy vendors on the main planets.

Ah - good to know. I'd better go get another couple more speeders then! (:

weapons are bind to legacy as well