The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

Stated the quests yesterday when I got home from work and finished all but the last 2. nother in my mail box so I log out for the night, Now I'm back from work day 2 open my mail click the items to see the droids and get a message come back later. Check in general chat and people say I missed a day I can do it tomarrow... *** I missed a day? how did I miss a day?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good:

• No more dailies. I did not like feeling like I had to do them all every day through the entire Rakghoul event.
  • The nostalgia I felt revisiting areas I went through as a wee baby Jedi was enjoyable.
  • Many of the items that must be interacted with did pretty cool things. The turret, the cantina puzzle (though it was made easy enough for those who abhor puzzles).

The Bad:

• I was confused by the interactable items telling me to try later. I waited several minutes, thinking another player must be using the droid. Another player had to tell me what was up.
  • It doesn't seem realistically doable without online guides. At least, not without frustration setting in, at least for me. I have noticed the hints placed rather prominently around the worlds telling you which sector to go to, yes. Even so.
  • The reward vendor has a very limited selection.
  • Many of the items that need to be interacted with had players waiting in line, even when forming groups to share credit -- and few players have the initiative to send the first invite.
  • The boxes containing tuning apparatus parts: The first night, I searched for three hours and found 1. This morning, I found the remaining 5 in one hour -- my secret was visiting seldom-tread heroic areas. Before that, I covered every inch of the Red Light Sector and found none. This left me feeling frustrated and like my gaming time had been wasted.

Edited by Felioats

Is there a level requirement for this? I see mostly 50's doing the quest, so I wasn't sure if this was a high end quest, or what.

I did pick it up with one of my alts, he is 42, and the quest was 42. Curious if it is the level of the toon, or what the story is.

Thanks,

I don't know, I've kind of changed my mind about this event, overall. I like the rewards, I just don't like being left to find things on my own, because then a lot of time gets wasted driving around, while I'm not accumulating Legacy XP, credits, commendations, etc. I just think players with paid subscriptions should be notified of upcoming Live Events by email.

I think making the Sand People Bloodguard Armor Bind-On-Legacy is a great idea, especially if it stays without a required level.

Also, my idea for a "Past Event Items Vendor" has evolved. I understand that part of the purpose of a "Live" event is to be present, but if the game-time was paid for, I think players should have a chance to compensate for missed event loot. Maybe add a "Past Event Items Vendor" for a limited time, once a year. Even if the only items that are available for a player to purchase are the items from the events where the player had a paid subscription, it would save a lot of frustration and heartache.

the problem im having with this event is not the lightsabers or smuggler things

its farming for the tokens...THATS a pain, i mean 250 tokens for a pet? come on, hopefully they will add more quests to this event cause im not farming 250 tokens for a pet plus more tokens for the tusken raider armor

What is worse is buying the pet then 2hrs later looting same pet from a crate that is "Bind on Pickup" so i cant even give it to an alt :(

I think more quests will open up after we finish the collection or i hope atleast, but my main concern is the rewards i mean sorry to sound rude bioware but tbh the plague event brought some very nice rewards and this is just no where near up to par. I have a feeling your saving the best till last i hope you don't disappoint.

The Grand Acquisitions Race.... What a pain in the backside!! Many parts of the content are quite fun and enjoyable, but, seriously, expecting people to wait not one, not two, but three full days to be able to complete some of these quests?!? Thats just plain annoying. Beyond that, having only one location for these quests to be completed (after jamming a billion servers into one...) just makes it frustrating. I understand that we all want to complete the quests, but you can't rely on a mob of individuals who all want something to be pleasant about it. When there are twenty people all trying for the same objective, invariably, you are going to have a rude few who will not wait in line and irritate the rest of us.

I have't even looked at the rewards for this event yet, but judging from the massive string of complaints I've read about them, I'm thinking its a moot point.

Just a bit more thought in how this was going to play out in a "real" play senario would have made for a much more enjoyable event all around. Thanks for trying BioWare...

The Good:

• No more dailies. I did not like feeling like I had to do them all every day through the entire Rakghoul event.
  • The nostalgia I felt revisiting areas I went through as a wee baby Jedi was enjoyable.
  • Many of the items that must be interacted with did pretty cool things. The turret, the cantina puzzle (though it was made easy enough for those who abhor puzzles).

The Bad:

• I was confused by the interactable items telling me to try later. I waited several minutes, thinking another player must be using the droid. Another player had to tell me what was up.
  • It doesn't seem realistically doable without online guides. At least, not without frustration setting in, at least for me. I have noticed the hints placed rather prominently around the worlds telling you which sector to go to, yes. Even so.
  • The reward vendor has a very limited selection.
  • Many of the items that need to be interacted with had players waiting in line, even when forming groups to share credit -- and few players have the initiative to send the first invite.
  • The boxes containing tuning apparatus parts: The first night, I searched for three hours and found 1. This morning, I found the remaining 5 in one hour -- my secret was visiting seldom-tread heroic areas. Before that, I covered every inch of the Red Light Sector and found none. This left me feeling frustrated and like my gaming time had been wasted.

This.

I also want to add BW that somehow this event was hurryed up to shut up masses of lack of content, dnt know why but got that feeling.

The storyline is pretty much basic. The lack of quest locators make this a mess unless you go offgame to scout websites in order to know where everything is. And the BIG, HUGE fail on this world event is defenetly the single interactable objects at a time on the "...Lead" quests.

Honestly?! A quest interactable object that will only work if pressed by a single player or grp? Really?! I just dnt get the ideia behind this. Some peeps are waiting for 2 hours before being able to do this. Did you forget that some players might have some high latency and will never be able to click before someone else? Did you also forget that even if we dnt have high latency we will spend an absurd amount of time trying to click an OBJECT because there are 40-100 players in the same spot trying to click at the same time!!!

You could be doing some other stuff instead, it just doesnt make any sense.

This is actually the 1st time im complaining about something related to ingame content, i do hope that you guys stop releasing unfinished or ill thoughted content just for the sake of releasing it to appease masses, please do tell me that this isnt what you guys are planning in your future releases.

Just remembering how you guys did the rakghoul event and now i look to this, whatever it is really. Sigh...

Edited by Kophar

Well, they just posted that this event ends on Tuesday.

For those of us newer players/casual players, it means we are getting shafted on this one.

I haven't had the time to try running but a few of the missions, and so haven't saved up enough to get anything yet.

Why would BW spend so much time coding/testing an event like this, and then have it last only about a week long?

Shouldn't huge events like this persist for at least two or three weeks?

Especially considering some of the missions have days long timers on them, if you haven't started those in time you're just stuck!

BW cites the reason as feedback, but I haven't seen overwhelmingly negative feedback, and a lot of the feedback in this thread was positive.

Of course, as soon as they post that they locked that thread, so no chance to respond there....

Alot of the rewards looked pretty neat, and I was looking forward to getting some of them.

Oh well.....

Well, they just posted that this event ends on Tuesday.

For those of us newer players/casual players, it means we are getting shafted on this one.

I haven't had the time to try running but a few of the missions, and so haven't saved up enough to get anything yet.

Why would BW spend so much time coding/testing an event like this, and then have it last only about a week long?

Shouldn't huge events like this persist for at least two or three weeks?

Especially considering some of the missions have days long timers on them, if you haven't started those in time you're just stuck!

BW cites the reason as feedback, but I haven't seen overwhelmingly negative feedback, and a lot of the feedback in this thread was positive.

Of course, as soon as they post that they locked that thread, so no chance to respond there....

Alot of the rewards looked pretty neat, and I was looking forward to getting some of them.

Oh well.....

Are we playing the same event here :rak_02:

I find the rewards sad. If this is the standard of what the future content will be, i can see why it will come faster. And I can see why they do so the game will be F2P. If this will be the standard for the future, i think I will stop paying for the game, because it is a joke. It is as if they have given up on the game. Or they just get hammered when they make decisions/implement new things.

I don't think this event is that good the one HUGE problem dragging it down is that u have to wait next to a droid all day just to do one quest after waiting for two hours i just gave up. Im not going to try and play this event anymore as its just become a huge waste of time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

i know i quit to go do my regular quest. the lines were long so people are interested in doing it. I missed the r Rakghoul Pandemic so i wanted to try this one. i thought we were to PVP because its a race for both sides. :o

Scattered across all parts of the galaxy, these items must be retrieved before the Chevin return to their home in the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim!

Watch Now

I have only found items scattered within Nar Shad/Coruscant. Isn't it a bit far fetched to say *all over the galaxy*.