please stop...

SiskaX

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly at this stage in the game it should not matter what you use. Someone could say "other side" and I know that hey...the other side could use some help, as its probably the opposite node that we have that is being attacked.

I still dont know which side is east and which is west! How do you expect me to figure it out on the fly when calling inc?

You have a map on your UI. east == the right side of the map west== the left side. Think of a map of the country. East= Boston west= LA.

We sound like ignorant little kids yelling “inc grass, 2 to snow….” Makes me sad to call myself a gamer.

Using snow and grass to describe the areas on the Alerdran map.

Use the compass east and west. let’s stop painting ourselves as dopes.

This isn't so bad in Civil War because "grass" and "snow" never change. The problem is when idiots use "right" and "left" in voidstar.

Edited by Nocadoj

You have a map on your UI. east == the right side of the map west== the left side. Think of a map of the country. East= Boston west= LA.

We sound like ignorant little kids yelling “inc grass, 2 to snow….” Makes me sad to call myself a gamer.

But you do understand what someone is saying when they say "snow" or "grass", I mean I literally do not see any reason how some people can be upset about this. If you know east and west you know snow and grass.

It makes me sad as a gamer that people still get upset about this. Also don't give me that spun around in the middle crap, I hate that reason.

Successful troll is successful (I hope).

Use the compass east and west.

This topic was beaten to death long ago. People are not going to change their behavior.

And really, if you understand what they mean, what difference does it make? I'm happy if someone calls "incoming" while there is time to get to the turret before it's capped.

[EDIT]

Re "beaten to death" : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=487103&highlight=grass+snow

Edited by SweetOldBob
add link

Please can we stop with the east/west snow grass argument. OP, did you not see the mega thread on this that we just had? Something like "can we as a community eliminate snow/grass"?

It's not going to happen and in fact I have caved in and started to use both. I prefer E/W but if people in the pug use snow/grass, I will follow suit because bottom line you want people to respond quickly to inc's rather than debating which is more accurate.

Just memorize that east is always snow and west is always grass. Hehe I use the US map as well. East ---> Nor'easters ----> snow. West ----great plains-----grassy. Problem solved

This isn't so bad in Civil War because "grass" and "snow" never change. The problem is when idiots use "right" and "left" in voidstar.

You hit that on the nail. I can't stand people calling left and right... it's way to positional and arbitrary

Honestly at this stage in the game it should not matter what you use. Someone could say "other side" and I know that hey...the other side could use some help, as its probably the opposite node that we have that is being attacked.

gotta say, that's the second most useless thing anyone's ever said in a WZ. If I knew you were on the same side as me, then it works. but i'd have to know that. incidentally, how is "other side" easier to type than "east" or "west"? the only answer I can come up with is the person who says it doesn't know where he is (fail).

the worst thing I've ever heard was left/right. most ppl call left/right in relation to the first spawn area (in vstar). well...a few complete morons refer to "the map" for left/right. now hey, left/right is already problematic, why the **** would you doubly complicate it by using a completely different frame of reference (the map) from the vast majority of left/right'ers and just assume the rest of the raid has any idea which reference you are using?

i'm not actually mad about any of this. it would never happen on voice, so it's just a regular wz pug issue, but it was funny. in any case, grass/snow is fine. east/west is fine. neither description could possibly confuse anyone with even the slightest familiarity with the map.

Edited by foxmob

You and the three other people that care can call it east and west. Other than that you won't force people that can't even play PVP very well to subcribe to some notion of professionalisim by using east/west. Also the idiot who can't read the compass still won't know where to go.

gotta say, that's the second most useless thing anyone's ever said in a WZ. If I knew you were on the same side as me, then it works. but i'd have to know that. incidentally, how is "other side" easier to type than "east" or "west"? the only answer I can come up with is the person who says it doesn't know where he is (fail).

the worst thing I've ever heard was left/right. most ppl call left/right in relation to the first spawn area (in vstar). well...a few complete morons refer to "the map" for left/right. now hey, left/right is already problematic, why the **** would you doubly complicate it by using a completely different frame of reference (the map) from the vast majority of left/right'ers and just assume the rest of the raid has any idea which reference you are using?

i'm not actually mad about any of this. it would never happen on voice, so it's just a regular wz pug issue, but it was funny. in any case, grass/snow is fine. east/west is fine. neither description could possibly confuse anyone with even the slightest familiarity with the map.

Amen...

That was a hypothetical situation, that's why I said you could say that. Yes it would be one of the dumbest things ever said but if someone calls for help it would be safe to say it will be at the other side of the map and not the place where you have 7 teammates fighting 4 of the opposing team.

So when you say left or right do you mean left/right on your mini map? Or left/right depending which way your facing? Using grass/snow is a better descriptor of which side you want people to go. Is it lame? Sure but it's less confusing and if people can't figure it out.... well they need to learn the lingo of warzones.

You know what needs to stop? 6 people trying to kill 1 person when Left/Right/East/West/Snow/Grass calls inc!! Break off as that 1 person will die due to having a bagillion dots on him or be finished off by the person that is guarding the node! Edited by Asukaa