The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please address Merc and Operative DPS Tree

chadicus

look the melee op needs retuning. It is very weak without gear and it is crazy if really max geared. It will be a difficult class to balance. Ungeared ones need a buff but geared ones do not. This is always the case with these type of sin classes. There are ways to balance and change it into a more fun to play type sin it but it would not be as simple as buffing their dmg.

Concealment damage is fine.

If you give them more burst, you will see more whines of people getting killed in the opener (most of them Sorcs).

If they buff something, it should be their defense. They seem to be nearly as squishy as a rooted Sorc.

Its as fine as sorc dps or merc dps.

There are better AC you can put in the dps slots tho assuming you are doing rWZ.

No, Operative is beyond that point. The burst damage of Operative is still unmatched, whether or not you are aware - or willing to admit it.

Edited by vimm

No, Operative is beyond that point. The burst damage of Operative is still unmatched, whether or not you are aware - or willing to admit it.

This. Not everyone is having the great issues with concealment that people enjoy complaining about.

Concealment operatives are easy to ignore, just kite them after the initial knockdown or stun them and take off. Only WH-aug operatives (with 20-21K health and 1K power) will dominate in regular WZ's against recruit and non-aug'd BM, but against other WH-aug'd players they're nothing to worry about.

My madness assassin is much deadlier than my operative (when spec'd concealment).

Edited by Sookster

GZ will be missed in my eyes.

sure he was harsh at times. but i like a dev that actually has balls and isn't afraid to support his ideas/beliefs.

his stunlocking operatives quote is still the best i've ever heard though ;)

You need to have brain not only balls to be sucessful in design.

His ideas and support resulted this game to become one of the worst MMO's ever created so far. (PvP wise)

If only this wasn't Star Wars this game already would be dead.

Edited by Maxkardinal

You need to have brain not only balls to be sucessful in design.

His ideas and support resulted this game to become one of the worst MMO's ever created so far. (PvP wise)

If only this wasn't Star Wars this game already would be dead.

Get a grip

Its as fine as sorc dps or merc dps.

There are better AC you can put in the dps slots tho assuming you are doing rWZ.

Merc and sorc DPS are way better than concealment. If you get outdamaged and less kills than a conceal op you're doing very wrong.

Edited by dcgregorya

GZ will be missed in my eyes.

sure he was harsh at times. but i like a dev that actually has balls and isn't afraid to support his ideas/beliefs.

his stunlocking operatives quote is still the best i've ever heard though ;)

Yeah? Like his "idea" of saying TTK didnt tank post 1.2?

Or his idea of a team of stunlocking operatives actually becoming true but with a team of railshotting Ptechs? Root ravaging marauders?

Or his "idea" of nerfing 2 healing ACs to the ground at the same time of destroying healing expertise and saying "expertise is now the most important stat evar" even when we know expertise for healers will never go further than 13% even in WH gear?

This kind of ideas basically destroyed the game. SWTOR pre 1.2 was the best PvP MMO in the market IMO. Was it perfect? NO! But it was certainly better than the railshot ravage mindless zerg fest we currently have.

Now Bioware caved in with Ilum, i just wish they caved in with 1.2 changes rolling the game back while just keeping the ptech proc changes, some commando healing changes and the healing expertise change.

Or his "idea" of nerfing 2 healing ACs to the ground at the same time of destroying healing expertise and saying "expertise is now the most important stat evar" even when we know expertise for healers will never go further than 13% even in WH gear?

What are you talking about? Healers are the only class that really gets a benefit from expertise at all. The bonus dmg and the dmg mitigation completely cancel each other out while the bonus to healing is a pure bonus.

Healers were way OP pre 1.2, except OPS. I am a merc healer and we are doing just fine, and I know plenty of sorc healers that are doing great as well.

What are you talking about? Healers are the only class that really gets a benefit from expertise at all. The bonus dmg and the dmg mitigation completely cancel each other out while the bonus to healing is a pure bonus.

Healers were way OP pre 1.2, except OPS. I am a merc healer and we are doing just fine, and I know plenty of sorc healers that are doing great as well.

But taking away the sorcs burst and their resource management (which never was a problem) was pretty much.

For the first step it would have been enough to just fix the double fast DI bug and not nerfing everything at once.

At least giving them a def cd would have been nice.

As a sorc heal I spend most of the time running or in the spawn.

Edited by Never_Hesitate