1 anoying thing about LFG

beerbarron

why why does it port you to the flashpoint enterance? its seriously irritating while leveling.

can you not make it so once you complete the flash point a holocall comes up you can click on INSIDE the flashpoint to complete it? then you go back to where you were when you entered.

I made this very suggestion in the suggestion box and on PTS. Bioware stated that they would need to change the way flashpoints work and this would likely be in the game later on.

Honestly... I love the game, but Bioware seems to half-*** everything. When Blizzard brought out their tool, they basically thought of everything before hand. Bioware seemingly tries to bare bones everything just to push it out as quick as possible. Maybe that's due to EA... who knows. All I know is that the tool should port you back (if you're questing and want to keep questing, what's the incentive to queue up KNOWING you'll have to run back to the quest planet?) and also, planetary destinations would have included a sub category for heroic quests.

If the tool ported you back, I'd likely stay in the queue the entire time I'm questing. As is, the thought of running back to the quest planet over and over OR having to sit on fleet waiting for the queue to pop makes the tool useless while leveling. This is likely why my Sorc healer stayed in the queue for half an hour yesterday waiting for it to pop for hammer station. It's too inconvenient while questing.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Greetings,

You might be interested in seeing what Development Director Antonia Phillips said about this issue:

Shuttling to Starting Location:

One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!

For the full post, go here. We hop this gives a little more insight to the matter. Thank you!

While I agree that it is a little annoying to get transported right back to fleet after the mission is over, the one thing I'd like is if they made it so that the inital and ending conversations for the flashpoints were made available before transporting you back to the planet you were on. Right now when I accept the LFG notice of a group it takes you straight tot he flashpoint totally bypassing the inital conversation at the holoterminal, thus missing out on a few more social points. At least now when you finish and you'e taken back to the fleet, you can go right up to the terminal and start the ending conversation thus getting a few points.

If they make it so that you're transported from your planet of questing to the flashpoint and right back to the planet you left, it would seem like you miss those points because it totally bypassed the conversations by initiating the terminal before and after the mission. My $0.02. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ookami

please dont wait for 1.4 to implement this.

it makes LFG almost useless while leveling

You're kidding me right? Heaven forbid you have to fly back to the planet you were on. If you're so deep into a quest on your planet, just reque after you're done with that quest.

Some people need to seriously take a step back and think about how convenient games are these days. With traveling, crafting, leveling. Before this patch, it was 100 times harder to find a group for a flashpoint WHILE leveling. Now that it's a simple click, we're upset that it doesn't return us back when we're done?

What's next? Que times are too long?

You're kidding me right? Heaven forbid you have to fly back to the planet you were on. If you're so deep into a quest on your planet, just reque after you're done with that quest.

Some people need to seriously take a step back and think about how convenient games are these days. With traveling, crafting, leveling. Before this patch, it was 100 times harder to find a group for a flashpoint WHILE leveling. Now that it's a simple click, we're upset that it doesn't return us back when we're done?

Absolutely we're upset. And you will be too when you can never find a group before level 50 because no one wants to queue up while they're questing.

These kids are used to the WoW group finder, which is pretty much a "Take a break from leveling! Click here to get loot and throw racial slurs at people you'll never see again!"

What I've realized is, the people complaining about taking the time to fly back to their planet are generally around age 15. To them, an extra 5 minutes is a large amount of time. Relatively, they've lived shorter lives, so it is. To any adults who have a concept that "Hey, it ports me to the entrance of the flashpoint. This is convenient," 5 minutes in travel time back to your planet is nothing.

Logically, the beginning of the FP is where you should be dumped if you exit at the end. I mean this is where you entered and this is where you logically end your group experience. This especially makes sense if its a dungeon/quest with only 1 entrance and exit. Plus, some FP arcs require you to run around in exteriors to advance the quest arc.

But seeing as they allow a shuttle from wherever you are questing, they should probably allow for a return shuttle if that is how the user got there in the first place.

Absolutely we're upset. And you will be too when you can never find a group before level 50 because no one wants to queue up while they're questing.

My experience is entirely the opposite. Longest time I had queueing for both Hammer Station and Athiss yesterday was about 5 minutes. That's hardly an inconvenient queue time. Bioware make something a hell of a lot more convenient for everyone, and people still whine about it. I understand that it's inconvenient to have to travel back, but I'd rather have that extra travel time and find a group much quicker. Thinking about it, you had to come out of questing to go to the fleet to find someone to do a flashpoint with before the group finder, so I've noticed little change within that.

These kids are used to the WoW group finder, which is pretty much a "Take a break from leveling! Click here to get loot and throw racial slurs at people you'll never see again!"

What I've realized is, the people complaining about taking the time to fly back to their planet are generally around age 15. To them, an extra 5 minutes is a large amount of time. Relatively, they've lived shorter lives, so it is. To any adults who have a concept that "Hey, it ports me to the entrance of the flashpoint. This is convenient," 5 minutes in travel time back to your planet is nothing.

And in my experience, people who normally call others "kids" are usually kids themselves. The fact is, WOW did it better. Sure, traveling back to your planet once if you're the type of player that only does the occasional flashpoint is fine. But, that's not how you want these tools to work. You want people queuing up constantly so the queue times stay low.

My experience is entirely the opposite. Longest time I had queueing for both Hammer Station and Athiss yesterday was about 5 minutes. That's hardly an inconvenient queue time. Bioware make something a hell of a lot more convenient for everyone, and people still whine about it. I understand that it's inconvenient to have to travel back, but I'd rather have that extra travel time and find a group much quicker. Thinking about it, you had to come out of questing to go to the fleet to find someone to do a flashpoint with before the group finder, so I've noticed little change within that.

The queue times are going to be a lot shorter right now because people are trying it out. If I wanted to spam FPs before, I couldn't quest while I did it. If I want to spam FPs now, I STILL can't quest while I do it. I'm still stuck on fleet. The only difference is that the prep work is automated now. So, while the tool is nice, it's still not working as intended. Heck, Bioware even said that they know the importance of porting you back to where you were and are working on it.

Logically, the beginning of the FP is where you should be dumped if you exit at the end. I mean this is where you entered and this is where you logically end your group experience. This especially makes sense if its a dungeon/quest with only 1 entrance and exit. Plus, some FP arcs require you to run around in exteriors to advance the quest arc.

But seeing as they allow a shuttle from wherever you are questing, they should probably allow for a return shuttle if that is how the user got there in the first place.

Agreed. And I think that goes to what the one quote was saying about the way fp's are designed. The fp quests were originally designed to end when you step out of the fp and do your turn in at the kiosk outside of it. It will take time to redesign that and it appears that is in the works. Yes, it would be nice to get back to questing more quickly, but it's also nice to get the social points from the group turn-in at the kiosk and then a quick speeder ride to turn in the daily (assuming you remembered to grab it before going out questing lol).

I like it how people are never satisfied with anything. Always ************ about something or another.

The tool is a great addition to the game and while it would be cool to have a shuttle back, its still way better than having to sit on the Fleet spamming for groups.

You know, it just occured to me while thinking of the subject. Exiting the flashpoint back to fleet might be a good thing. Think about if you run a flashpoint and end up getting a lot of drops you want to put on the GTN. If you got transfered back to whatever planet you were on before hand you would still need to fly back to fleet to put them up for sale. This way if you exit on the fleet, you just take the elevator up to the GTN area and sell then and there. Just a thought. :D Edited by Ookami

why why does it port you to the flashpoint enterance? its seriously irritating while leveling.

can you not make it so once you complete the flash point a holocall comes up you can click on INSIDE the flashpoint to complete it? then you go back to where you were when you entered.

i thought this was because there wasn't a system in place to save where you were and be able to port you back afterwards. . .but they have one for warzones xD

so i think they just haven't been able to implement that into the 'exit area' of a flashpoint

im actually surprised they let this stay in the live game like this. didn't we already have an issue where people would queue for a warzone and then leave so they could get a free teleport to the fleet? i can see the same thing being abused here.

• 2 months later...

Fallacy. Age of poster does not invalidate their point of view.

I am on your side people need to realize that finding groups is more important than returning where you left off from and if it is such a big deal then they should not que.