Legacy Perks Swindling

Sunni

LOL ... imo its almost not even worth getting the exp bonus's. If u think about it u have to spend a ton of time grinding repetitve dailies just to make ur alt lvl faster.. might as well just skip the cred grinding and just lvl without it.

Like u said if it was a global unlock it would be worth it... but imo its just not worth it to spend all that on one toon and then all of it will be worthless once u hit 50.

GJ bioware the hits just keep on coming with this little fluff thing that u pretty much based the last 2 patches on. You honestly could'nt make dual spec as a legacy perk we could buy? No right... that might actually make ur players happy and u guys cant have that .

I'll just let u know bio the absolute only reason i have not left this game yet is becasue i do enjoy raiding with my guild i enjoy ec and the pvp and there really is no other mmo out there right now that is either good or dull. But the second another game comes out like gw2 or mist of pandaria i'm gone. You are just making it really hard to like this game. The grp finder with the black hole comms dailies was a step in the right direction it has given people osmething to actually log on for. But u have to realease content for end game if not this game will fail.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money sinks kill games?

Also tell me how the LFG tool is broken

how it is broken. Well, i am/was in a group for KP, one left, then one DC'ed. Not it wont let us search for another. So yet again i have lost hours due to they ****** implementations and bugs. Im so *********** tired of wasting hours due to they ****** way and bugs that constanly appear in this game

LOL ... imo its almost not even worth getting the exp bonus's. If u think about it u have to spend a ton of time grinding repetitve dailies just to make ur alt lvl faster.. might as well just skip the cred grinding and just lvl without it.

Like u said if it was a global unlock it would be worth it... but imo its just not worth it to spend all that on one toon and then all of it will be worthless once u hit 50.

GJ bioware the hits just keep on coming with this little fluff thing that u pretty much based the last 2 patches on. You honestly could'nt make dual spec as a legacy perk we could buy? No right... that might actually make ur players happy and u guys cant have that .

I'll just let u know bio the absolute only reason i have not left this game yet is becasue i do enjoy raiding with my guild i enjoy ec and the pvp and there really is no other mmo out there right now that is either good or dull. But the second another game comes out like gw2 or mist of pandaria i'm gone. You are just making it really hard to like this game. The grp finder with the black hole comms dailies was a step in the right direction it has given people osmething to actually log on for. But u have to realease content for end game if not this game will fail.

you wont me missed

oh i tryed MoP beta... good luck wanting a game that is an mmo, if Blizzard could hand you gear and items any easyer they would.. oh wait in MoP they do lol

as for GW2 enjoy your pay to win game...

1. I commend you for correctly using dual instead of duel

2. The rest hurt my brain to decipher

you wont me missed

oh i tryed MoP beta... good luck wanting a game that is an mmo, if Blizzard could hand you gear and items any easyer they would.. oh wait in MoP they do lol

as for GW2 enjoy your pay to win game...

Perhaps not by you, but I will. I miss every player that has left. If you enjoy this game, I suggest you stop wishing people with varied opinions to just leave...because that's what they've been doing and that's what lead to the recent server mergers.

I have to agree. I haven't purchased a single Legacy unlock because they all seem pretty pointless to me. Certainly not worth the amount they are expecting for them.

I purchased the early speeder for my level 15 alt. That perk is totally worth it (you get the training as part of your purchase, so you are essentially paying 5k credits for a speeder up to 15 levels early.)

I purchased the early speeder for my level 15 alt. That perk is totally worth it (you get the training as part of your purchase, so you are essentially paying 5k credits for a speeder up to 15 levels early.)

This. It's more than 1/3 the cost. I do, however, feel the XP bonuses and the costs are not well matched...it's too small a bonus for too high a cost. They either need to lower the cost or bump the bonus.

Please stop complaining and get back to performing dailies on your alts. While you're at it, continue paying a monthly sub fee to repeat this content over and over. It worked in WoW dang it! Now get off the forums and go repeat dailies!

i did the sam on my jugg so i sent a ticket to bioware, they could have told us these things during the in depth on it but nooooooo

They did explain all of this, a long time ago! There is even a write up about on the offical site. The menus even say they are character baised. This info was posted on this site, there facebook page, twitter and not to mention tons of fan sites like darthhater.com and what not.

This is be no means a suprise and the info is everywhere.

The OP is right.

However, I believe it should be renamed.

This update should be renamed, Character Perks, as it has nothing to do with

the Legacy system, of trickle down bonuses to alts.

They tie it to Legacy, but it costs you lots of money, and

upgraded versions, do require Legacy 25.

If you play alot, legacy 25 isn't hard, but if your a working class joe, this will be a problem.

After 6 months, of playing, i just got legacy 20, and i play about 2 to 4 hours a day averaged.

I like at least having the option, but you should have told people, in the game,that buying anything,

from this new stuff, is only on that character, with a popup warning. I wasted 40k on the speeder gain at level 10

on my level 50 main, thinking it would toggle that for all my alts. Luckily, i switched to alts, to check,

before buying next upgrade. The utility options like email and repair bots, should be true legacy

items, as they would be nice to have on alts, without the money sinks.

I know the players that are on all the time, have no problems with cash, but most of the rest of us, DO.

We don't need more money sinks, give us options, like this update. If your going to call something,

Legacy, then use the concept of legacy, and not another money sink.

Edited by -Slaughterhouse-
change

Please stop complaining and get back to performing dailies on your alts. While you're at it, continue paying a monthly sub fee to repeat this content over and over. It worked in WoW dang it! Now get off the forums and go repeat dailies!

This isn't WoW.

The OP is right.

However, I believe it should be renamed.

This update should be renamed, Character Perks, as it has nothing to do with

the Legacy system, of trickle down bonuses to alts.

They tie it to Legacy, but it costs you lots of money, and

upgraded versions, do require Legacy 25.

If you play alot, legacy 25 isn't hard, but if your a working class joe, this will be a problem.

After 6 months, of playing, i just got legacy 20, and i play about 2 to 4 hours a day averaged.

I like at least having the option, but you should have told people, in the game,that buying anything,

from this new stuff, is only on that character, with a popup warning. I wasted 40k on the speeder gain at level 10

on my level 50 main, thinking it would toggle that for all my alts. Luckily, i switched to alts, to check,

before buying next upgrade. The utility options like email and repair bots, should be true legacy

items, as they would be nice to have on alts, without the money sinks.

I know the players that are on all the time, have no problems with cash, but most of the rest of us, DO.

We don't need more money sinks, give us options, like this update. If your going to call something,

Legacy, then use the concept of legacy, and not another money sink.

This. ALL of this. With a fiery passion. I, too, spent money on the speeder option on my lvl 50, simply because I assumed anything tied to Legacy would benefit my actual LEGACY. Also, my main is the only one with that kind of money just laying around.

Bioware borked this one, regardless of what others say. Yes, it lists it plain as day, and yes we should have read more carefully, but it's not out-there for us to have assumed this stuff would be Legacy-bound.

Also, side-note, not everyone who plays these games reads every blog post and hounds for every scrap of information. Some people just wait and accept it when it comes.

Edited by Maniacal

The entire legacy system is a complete joke because of this. My continued subscription and continued game play should be payment enough. Period.

It is by no means FREE to get to legacy level 15 or 20 and it certainly doesn't happen over night. They need to reduce the costs by 95% or more. Period, end of story.

Respec costs are insane

Mod removal prices are insane

Gear repair prices are insane

How many credit sinks can there be in this game? It's way past the point of being un-fun...

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

Well there's the problem right there.

It is rather critical that you read what you are buying before you buy it. I like the idea of having both global, and character based legacy perks.

This makes it a more critical decision to buy them, and gives me more to do and customize on a per character basis.

I do agree that gold sinks are getting a bit much. Continued design mentality like that practically asks for botters and gold sellers to double their efforts.

Perhaps a system similar to skill points but adjusted to legacy levels? Just a thought.

Well there's the problem right there.

It is rather critical that you read what you are buying before you buy it. I like the idea of having both global, and character based legacy perks.

This makes it a more critical decision to buy them, and gives me more to do and customize on a per character basis.

I do agree that gold sinks are getting a bit much. Continued design mentality like that practically asks for botters and gold sellers to double their efforts.

Perhaps a system similar to skill points but adjusted to legacy levels? Just a thought.

Wait until the cash shop starts selling credits for real world money. Possibly . . .

Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

With 1.3 BW decides that all Legacy Perks only unlocks for the character that purchases it. Whats the purpose of it all if you have a lot of alts? BW even admitted that its difficult to earn just a million credits. Yet they make a system that requires you to earn multiple millions of credits to fully enjoy the perks.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

And if they had given you all of the perks right away, you would complain a week later that there is no reason to play the game - go figure.

I can deal with character by character perks, even though It'd be nice to have them legacy wide. What really irks me is the fact that they require different legacy levels to get different tiers of the perks. I have 2 mil credits (I'd have way more if I didn't stop farming months ago.) with nothing to spend them on. I would have loved to plop into 1.3 and buy all the ranks of class mission xp boost for my alts and sink my money down in size, but the fact that I have to grind out legacy all the way to 25 before I can get all the ranks is silly to me. As someone who as of right now has no interest in PvE and lost interest in PvP due to my main's class philosophy getting flip flopped every patch, the thing that has kept my around is the story of all the classes. I don't enjoy grinding out legacy levels on my main and doing so on my alts would defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to do.

This system while I wouldn't call a scam, will work for the people who it's system is accommodated for and won't for the ones that it doesn't'.

Instead of crying about the perk costs or the "per-character" nature of them, maybe some of you should take a long, hard look at which ones you really want your alt to have (as in, would actually be worth buying).

I started a Sage the other day to give healing a try (and more crew skills), and I got her the WZ and FP experience perks, and she's in her mid-20's and hasn't even started Taris. Money well spent, so far.

I like the system just fine, for the record. I also have an aversion to whining and whiners in general, which at the moment has me wondering why I'm reading this thread. If you just *have* to unlock all that extra stuff, I'd say quit wasting time crying on the forums and go make some credits!

Respec costs are insane

Mod removal prices are insane

Gear repair prices are insane

How many credit sinks can there be in this game? It's way past the point of being un-fun...

I couldn't agree more. I simply can't afford stuff at this point. All this update did was make me realize I'm too casual to be of value. I play 3-4 nights a week, 4 hours on average, but....I can't continue. I can't compete. I can't afford to be a 'top tier' player, so I find myself in a strange place right now...feeling lost and falling too far behind.

Instead of crying about the perk costs or the "per-character" nature of them, maybe some of you should take a long, hard look at which ones you really want your alt to have (as in, would actually be worth buying).

I started a Sage the other day to give healing a try (and more crew skills), and I got her the WZ and FP experience perks, and she's in her mid-20's and hasn't even started Taris. Money well spent, so far.

I like the system just fine, for the record. I also have an aversion to whining and whiners in general, which at the moment has me wondering why I'm reading this thread. If you just *have* to unlock all that extra stuff, I'd say quit wasting time crying on the forums and go make some credits!

Same here. I have a pretty high legacy level though so my unlocks are only limited by my creds.

Nevertheless, started a Trooper. I wanted to max out his experience level during class quests so I could get him to 50 faster as my guild needs another healer. Bought several of those perks and wow... he is cruising through levels. Now I'm thinking of buying the exploring experience perk....

Lol noone actually stops to use the damn brain do they.

1.2 perk cost ranged from small to 5mil .... thats 625k a toon.

not a single perk cost that much in 1.3 so why would all your toons get it

honestly use your heads dont be think skulled.