Legacy Perks Swindling

Sunni

I .

I want the ability to PvP in warzones and make similar money then soloing dailies.

I'd totally be cool with them doing that, as long as they would give those of us PvE players the ability to get PvP commendations by doing the Ilum dailies. That way it is truly even, right?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you there buddy. I enjoy warzones, but I had sooooo much fun out in ilum, even on the server where the other faction outnumbered us 3-1

What's worse, on Fatman, since the server migration inward, it seems like the factions are considerably more balanced now then before. My warzones since moving over have seen about 3 out of 4 Republic opponents. This was much better then the 1 out of 8 on Kinrath Spider.

Edited by islander

I'd totally be cool with them doing that, as long as they would give those of us PvE players the ability to get PvP commendations by doing the Ilum dailies. That way it is truly even, right?

The ilum dailies give out PvE awards. No idea what you are talking about.

I could live with the cost of the xp boosts if they weren't such a slap in the face.

Patch 1.2 brought us... 30% nerf to WZ xp....50% nerf to space xp

Patch 1.3 brings us....30% buff to WZ xp...30% buff to space xp (yours for only 5 easy payments of 100k!)

They keep removing things from the game then reintroducing them as "new content" or "perks" It's the most disgusting business practice i've ever witnessed.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't read as 30% boost to xp but only 10%. you pay for each stage and it is 2% per stage just added to the previous. so 2, 4, 6, 8, and finally only 10% xp boost at the end.

NOW this if I read that right is a SLAP IN THE FACE FOR THE COST.

These xp perks in my eyes are to give players who want to push alts to 50 quicker an option but 10% boost its was a waste of credits. even if you have 20k xp rewarded your only getting a 2k boost.

Spend your credits on something else.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't read as 30% boost to xp but only 10%. you pay for each stage and it is 2% per stage just added to the previous. so 2, 4, 6, 8, and finally only 10% xp boost at the end.

NOW this if I read that right is a SLAP IN THE FACE FOR THE COST.

These xp perks in my eyes are to give players who want to push alts to 50 quicker an option but 10% boost its was a waste of credits. even if you have 20k xp rewarded your only getting a 2k boost.

Spend your credits on something else.

You're wrong. It's cumulative. So the first tier is 2%, the 2nd tier is 4%. So having the 2nd gear gives you a 6% boost. Getting the 3rd tier is 6%, so having up to the 3rd tier would give you a 12% boost

I confused it up as well. All 5 tiers give you a 30% boost

Edited by FourTwent

The Ilum daily did give out PVP rewards! it was collect boxes get money/pvp comms. but it was so horridly implemented they scrapped it. Ilum should have been an entire open PVP zone. And there should have been tons of daily quests there, from picking up boxes, to killing NPCs, to Killing players, or holding nodes for X amount of time, or taking a node from the opposite faction. Giving us PvE based quests, and PvP based quests in a hostile (PvP) environment.

If you didn't want to quest you still have Warzones. And if you didn't want to go to a hostile zone you can still have a place like Belsavis But it could have been a great middle ground. But instead they made a 1 quest zone that had a PvE component that could only be achieved in one area that failed to the detriment of faction imbalance, content bottleneck, and unoptimized game performance.

I agree, it is a complete joke the new stuff. If i want the stuff i would like to get to my alts, i would need to send them 1+M... for each for them. I got 5 chars in total, 1 is level 50, so only wanted the craft critical with him. 2 i could go without the xp boost. And then there is my char of the opposin faction, that i proberly cant sent to either, so he cant benifit from this.... This have barely anything to do with legacy, only to unlock it for each char. If this is how they will do things, i cant see this game last.... what a complete joke.

Yep agree, I don'y see a single new charater perk that I will spend a single credit on since it is not legacy wide. They are simply WAY TO HIGH IN PRICE for the pathedic bonus you get.

I'm mildly amused that they're apparently consolidating all the feedback into a post call "Legacy Perks Swindling", but just to add my perspective:

- I'm primarily a PVE solo player. I'm playing an MMO because I like live worlds (with real people around the place, real economy, the ability to chat to friends while playing, etc - the non grouping to kill stuff multiplayer side)

- I have no issues with the costs. Money is easy to get in this game if you do PVE, and even easier if you like to play the AH and craft at least a bit (which I do). I can empathise with the PVPers issues, although I also rather wonder if having an all-in-one "warzones give you gear+money+xp" is appropriate. But it is better than forcing them to PVE against their wishes. But all the perks strike me as dirt cheap basically... even if you hate dailies, grit your teeth & do them for one day and you'll prolly get enough cash for all the perks you wanted on a new toon.

- Useful & non-useful perks vary for me, but I actually really like having the choice on a per-character basis. All my toons will be getting the crafting bonuses. The lowbie ones will definitely be getting speeders & possibly companion gift affection boosts. None of mine will get any XP boosts, I'm happy with the speed of leveling as is, but I'm glad it's there for others. My 50s will probably get the respec & at least some of the fieldbots.

All up, I see nothing to dislike unless you're bad with money, loathe doing PVE, or don't have a 50 (considering you just about need one to be in the right income bracket, unless you're a seriously keen trader). I'm just about the diametric opposite of all those, so I love the additions.

Edited by Lakhesis

I don't care about most of the perks, but the speeder perk is brilliant. Only 5K more to use it 15 levels early? Awesome sauce. I bought the perk on all of my sub 25 alts right away.

Yes. The speeder perk is A+, It's only 25k net cost for rank 2.

The companion perks aren't badly priced either. I bought two ranks of affection gain in each category, simply because I'll save money in the long run by having to buy less gifts.

These are the exceptions though in the legacy department.

Bioware, here is my feedback on the new Legacy Character perks:

Because they're per-character, I will not be buying any of them. However, if one purchase was good for all your characters in your Legacy, I'd definitely be purchasing many of them.

I cannot justify the high cost for these things per character, since they only affect leveling experience as as soon as I hit max level, they become useless. If they were Legacy-wide, I could justify it since I'd get repeated use out of them and the usefulness would then justify the high cost.

On a side note, what ever happened to making these benefits require a certain Legacy level OR pay the credits? That's how you said this Legacy system was going to work. Now, not only do you need to pay the money regardless, but they're not Legacy-wide? I am disappoint.

This is not a point of intellectual debate.

This is a fallacy of mind projection (I believe, therefore it is). YOU do not like them, but you would first have to prove that the "majority" of players do not in order to support such an outlandish statement. A few disgruntled players posting negative comments based on a great misinterpretation of the system does not a majority make.

who says only a few. The day before the patch went live, I saw a 12 page topic (I have no idea what it ended up on), where all but about 2 posts where about people not being happy about how it was implementet.

How many times does this need to be explained? If they were legacy wide, their prices would be inflated to reflect that. You would likely pay almost the same amount either way. The way it is now let's you spend in small chunks rather than blowing "large" sums of cash at once. This also saves you money, since, as you said, exp perks are (currently) worthless for 50s.

says who. I bought all the legacy perks to reduce the CD for QT. that cost me 600k. That was used for ALL my chars, and all the future chars i will have.... NOT millions. I bought the one to unlock humans, which for some lame reason, gives +100 presence to ALL my chars (only reason i bought it) and to reduce Emergency fleet passe'es CD with 1 hour. for 100k to ALL my chars....

It seems that many people are under the incorrect impression that we are supposed to be able to buy all of the perks.

It's like...what if BW released a game with multiple levels of difficulty? Would you complain that it's lame because now you have to level multiple alts just to play all of the different types of gameplay?

The perks are there as options. Choose any that appeal to you, work towards earning them, and buy them. If everything could be bought the day it came out, you'd be back on here tomorrow talking about how the game needs moar stuff plz.

This game does not need any more money sinks. there are plenty already. Content that a majority cannot afford to use is content that was a waste to code.

^ THIS right here

I feel bad for the Bioware employees wasting their time making Legacy. One of the most unused aspects in TOR I'd imagine.

Edited by Eillack

how hard is it to read the legacy window, its says

CHARACTOR PERKS

not legacy like the window above it.

1- there really cheap to get

2- you buy them per alt, so you dont really need to buy most of them for your main, as they wont be worth.

3 - its not game breaking or gives you the upper hand in game, there help you lvl or travel around the game, Bioware put them in to make life easyer for you.

@OP

whats your problem, Bioware adds something to the game that will make your life better when you go and roll and alt, all you need is the low amount cash. nothing on the new window costs a million credits, NOTHING AT ALL. the most you will pay in a one of payment for one item is 200k, with all the stages you might pay 500k tops, and thats what 2 days worth of dailys.

catch a grip OP money in this game is easy to make if you just bother your arse to play the game.

I believe the point of these posts are people want the perks or a perk, but can't afford them. Not everyone has time to grind or play . SOME of us have jobs and kids. 200k to someone who doesn't have the time to play all the time to grind for the 30 minutes to 2 hours of time that they do get to play is too much for some players.

The character perks are there to give you leveling alternatives for that character.

You want to level doing Space Missions and Flashpoints? Here's an XP boost!

You like your story and exploring every nook and cranny? Here's an XP boost!

You want to just PvP and do story? EXPERIENCE BOOST!

It depends on you and how you want to level that character. It's giving you variety and options. You don't HAVE to buy it. I'm not sure why the majority of people THINK they HAVE to buy ALL the perks. You really only need a few. Any 50 should be able to whip up 150K for some of the perks by soloing a low-level flashpoint or two.

The perks are what you make of them. If it's really that game destroying and distressing for you, you can pretend the perks don't exist.

Edited by irishfino

Wow....bioware gives the players exactly what they want, and the players complain?

When original legacy came out, people said the stuff was too expensive, somtimes million credits for 1 power.

Bioware responds that the price justfied because they apply to each character per account.

Players respond with...they may not have wanted the massive expense for an every character power...that they would rather have it cheaper, and apply to each character, being able to chhose powers/per character.

Bioware does this...and players complain.

Do you not see a difference between power cost between this legacy patch and the patch and its cost compared to the original?

If you really don't like it players have no one to blame other than themselves foir asking for it.

I believe the point of these posts are people want the perks or a perk, but can't afford them. Not everyone has time to grind or play . SOME of us have jobs and kids. 200k to someone who doesn't have the time to play all the time to grind for the 30 minutes to 2 hours of time that they do get to play is too much for some players.

I know that some people don't have the time to put into playing the game. But then, they *expect* to have everything that other players have... It's like... "You put more effort into this but I'm more entitled than you."

I get that people have lives--I do too. Point is, you can expect to get the rewards that match your efforts. The game is still fun. And if you want special bonuses because you plan to level lots of alts...then get playing.

^ THIS right here

I feel bad for the Bioware employees wasting their time making Legacy. One of the most unused aspects in TOR I'd imagine.

I disagree completely. I think these new perks will be used a lot. You guys just have to realize that you're not supposed to be able to open the perks menu, buy everything there and be done. You have to decide what perks would benefit each of your characters the best and buy accordingly. There's NOTHING in there required to play the game.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I know that some people don't have the time to put into playing the game. But then, they *expect* to have everything that other players have... It's like... "You put more effort into this but I'm more entitled than you."

I get that people have lives--I do too. Point is, you can expect to get the rewards that match your efforts. The game is still fun. And if you want special bonuses because you plan to level lots of alts...then get playing.

Who is to say the people that have less play time don't put some kind of effort into it? You can only do so much with what little time you have. The Truth is these " Two Days of Grinding" you mentioned before would take the people who have a short time weeks to reach it based off of your logic.

I would have no problem with characters perks being paid for. The Global Unlocks though, I believe those should be granted at maybe 2 or 3 times the legacy that is required to purchase them.

Say, Mailbox on ship requires Legacy lvl 7 - give it to us free at Legacy 14 or even 21.

Who is to say the people that have less play time don't put some kind of effort into it? You can only do so much with what little time you have. The Truth is these " Two Days of Grinding" you mentioned before would take the people who have a short time weeks to reach it based off of your logic.

A doctor probably makes more in 1 day than I make all month...it's not fair jim...its not fair!!!!!!

You cant expect to put in less time, but reap the same rewards, with your 1 hr. play time vs thier 5 hours. No MMO has ever worked this way.

I think a lot of people here just don't read.

It was explained weeks before it came out that perks would be per character.

It was explained weeks before that there would be credit costs involved.

Yes it takes millions to get all of it...but who needs all of it? I don't

The one thing I am really happy with is the speeder skill for lower level characters. Very nice indeed.

Seriously, just look per character if you need any of it. The xp boosts are not even worth it, so don't worry about it. Again, you don't need to buy it.

But don't act so bloody surprised, when the information about perks was already there before go live....

I disagree completely. I think these new perks will be used a lot. You guys just have to realize that you're not supposed to be able to open the perks menu, buy everything there and be done. You have to decide what perks would benefit each of your characters the best and buy accordingly. There's NOTHING in there required to play the game.

I have yet to buy a legacy perk.

Would the cost be reduced I would certainly use some but so far they are indeed a scam.