Legacy Perks Swindling

Sunni

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to buy a legacy perk.

Would the cost be reduced I would certainly use some but so far they are indeed a scam.

No, they really aren't. The legacy speeder is a god send. Not a scam in the least. As for the rest of the perks, it's ALWAYS been said they they would be per character. And if they did make them legacy wide, they'd likely raise the cost considerably. Personally, I'd rather them keep the costs low and allow us to only buy what we want for the characters than could best use the perks.

A doctor probably makes more in 1 day than I make all month...it's not fair jim...its not fair!!!!!!

You cant expect to put in less time, but reap the same rewards, with your 1 hr. play time vs thier 5 hours. No MMO has ever worked this way.

You know, I just looooove these people who have more than enough credits talking down people who don't. If you were a doctor you probably wouldn't have very much time to play. Then, possibly, you'd be in the position of some of the other players. I can make a pretty decent amount when I'm able to play, but there are players who don't really know how to make their credits. In fact there are some who even play all day and still somehow end up with very little credits.

Anyway back on point, the time put in is already added into the cost of the perk and that legacy level. Bioware is catering to the elitist players who have all the extra time to play the game by adding an additional time cost. Its double dipping. A lot of us already put our time in and have our legacy levels meaning enough effort was put forth.

It should one or the other NOT both.

Edited by SakaNoviia

Legacy level 25.

Enough said. That's 4 level 50's until you can even start buying all the perks.

In other words, legacy perks are completely useless for most players.

I do agree that needing such a high legacy level in order to get the xp perks is insane. at most the top tier perk should be legacy level 10. maybe 15 if you want people to grind at 50 for a little bit.

Legacy level 25.

I'm legacy level 18 and only have one 50.

I also tend to make and delete a lot of alts.

There's more than one way to do things.

From reading all these posts, it seems lots of people completely never read the info leading up to 1.3. It has said all along and still does that these things are "Legacy Character Perks"...key word being CHARACTER. So I fail to see what all the QQ is about.

Legacy level 25.

Funny, I have 2 50s, a 46, and a 33 and I'm legacy 41.... I must be doing something wrong.

Still doesn't explain why the stuff has to be so expensive?

What is expensive ? I think it varies per player. I find the prices reasonable and have bought quite a few. I don't do dailies, except the PvP dailies. I have a variety of crafters and sell items on the GTN, at least the items I don't use myself. I send out companions to craft/gather while I PvP or quest.

Are there things I can't afford at time? Of course, a lot like real life:p

Would it be nice to be able to just log in and be given anything I want? Well, no, at least not to me. I log in, do the things I enjoy save for things I'd like to buy..... So long as I'm having fun I'll continue to pay. It is an MMO and acquiring things is part of the game. I haven't seen anything in this game yet that is out of reach with moderate effort.

its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.

LOLOLOLOLOL... HUGE credit sink?

One days worth of dailies on my main, two hours, that's it and my alt has +28% exp from WZ the rest of the time I level him... if it would have taken you month to get to 50, now it takes 3 weeks. That seems fair to me for 1 days worth of dailies...

I have 15M credits in game, money is so easy to come by it's just funny. And it doesn't even have to be from dailies either crafting synthweaving and armormech I can make make 200k/day from crafting mid level blues and purples.

What perk is that ? isn't the final one in that tree 10% with all the others combined?

Edit - 2+4+6+8+10 = 30.

And I remember GRINDING gold in order to get a fast mount, then a fast flying mount, then etc etc. Before they were devalued by gold inflation. They were vanity perks. The same as the legacy perks we get in this game. They were something to spend my gold on that made me happy and made my "life" a little bit easier.

What we have with the Character perks is the same. And credits are SO much easier to come by in this game than that other game. Just wait for them to devalue them by adding level 55 dailies that give you 20k+ credits on completion.

Edited by DiLune

Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

So it's a swindle, even though they stated clearly what the limitation is. Uh right...

its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.

Money sinks kill games?

Also tell me how the LFG tool is broken

This game does not need any more money sinks. there are plenty already. Content that a majority cannot afford to use is content that was a waste to code.

This is how I feel as well. On top of them having limited appeal, to only the rich, they're also acquired by simply buying them...I'd have much preferred they be offered as some quest reward or upon completion of doing something that encourages grouping (like say after 10 Operation runs you unlock one). They would have been better served as INCENTIVE, rather than credit sinks imo.

A simple solution to the flimflam way BW did Legacy Perks.

Once you unlock a legacy character perk, by obtaining the correct legacy level or paying a fee (not both), you're then able to give that perk to any character in your legacy. However, you’ll be limited to how many perks per category you can give a family member.

Example:

Advancement – Select a maximum of 10 boxes

Travel – Select a maximum of 6 boxes

Companion – Select a maximum of 5 boxes

Convenience – Select a maximum of 4 boxes

You can then allocate the perks by doing the following.

• You start out with your family tree in a side bar.

• From there you drag the icon of the family member into the main window.

• Using the maximum number of boxes from the above, you just drag them on your character in the main window.

• There should also be a summary of the skills that character has.

• When you’re done giving that character skills, just click a commit button and poof you’re done.

Of course you will allow everyone to respec their characters similar to the skills respec.

Edited by Sunni

Or...you can choose not to buy them, because nobody is holding a gun to your head trying to make you do it. The only perk I can see being of any use is the vendor droid, and maybe the crit crafting buff. Exp is too easy to get in this game and money is stupidly easy to get once you get out of your early 20's.