Current Transfer Servers

Auck

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

sorry, but if there were milions of characters to move, we would NOT need transfer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously bondar crystal is in the very bottom of server pop this garbage on biowares part if bc isint set to transfer today goodbye swtor

I a:m on Bondar crystal Also.. I planned on waiting it out.

If you think about it. It's kind of good. we can see if there are bugs, character losses and such. Ias far as Bondar Crystal, for me anyway, is concerned. We couldn't have it better.

let the mess go and when they fix it . we will have no issues.:)

It's in the No. 1 sticky on this very forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=472600

BioWare really could not have been any more clear about this, short of tattooing it into every player's forehead.

Wel they couldve had it pop up and make you read it before playing, put a flashing banner on the homepage or emaied it to everyone. Sure they couldve done more, but geezus if your that intrested in the transfer why wouldnt you be reading about it in the blogs/posts. I am saracastilly agreeing witht his post by poking fun how they couldve rammed it down some peoples throats because that seems to be the only way some people get it.

When they said gradual, we assumed 30 servers at a time, or so... Not 6... They should (and quite easily could have) specified how many, and when.

So your assumptions are their fault?

I swear this is the WORST forum community I have ever seen.

Everyone should re read this:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

Even though this post will get bumped out of existence in 5 seconds I feel it prudent to say that no one would be upset if the communication wasn't so terrible again. If you released the information on roughly how many servers would be available to transfer at the beginning and released that information ahead of time with an estimate when more would become available you wouldn't have everyone who has absolutely no patience sitting in here raging.

Communication is fun before the fact, not during the rage storm that follows.

That is precisely the point. I feel that this could have been much smoother if they had told the community that approx 10-15 servers will start with transfer and then later on more will.

I know they have posted something in a blog somewhere but I mean communicate clearly on the frontpage would have helped alot.

The medium is the message

To those of you complaining, I'm not sure why you are doing so. This is exactly what I was expecting the first 24 hours of transfers to be like. All their communication on the issue has been consistent.

Kudos to making the Fatman one of the Super Servers (at least that's what it looks like you're doing). I extrapolate that it will be *the* East Coast pvp server. I think you will make a lot of people happy with this move as it will be much easier to consolidate their rerolls. It also means the server population won't suddenly plummet.

yea i cant belive thay wont even tell us if the plan is to add more servers today or what .....its a joke they had to know only putting 4 us servers up was gonna cause a rage storm or at least give a plan on witch servers they were gonna alow transrers from next ......even if they dont give the server there gonna land on ........

Riz

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion

It is: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

There was absolutely no reason to withold the lists from us, or at least give us some idea of which servers are going where.

>Servers can only move one way, to one place

>So it's not like people can choose and over-populate

>Limited to maximum people on the origin server

>No reason to not tell us.

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion

And he should have come to everyones home personally and answered any questions that they may have had.

Keep up the great posts. I think I may run out of popcorn today.

Edited by HelinCarnate

to only have 4 servers in the list for the na servers to say the least is quite disapointing, to see where i rerolled be a desination server is nice now i just worried that my stranded toons won't make it over there.

im guessing the reason they didn't tell us anything about the transfers was because it was going to be done so slowy :/ BW you are not making any friends with the way you are handleing the population issue

If u didn't get a number u should assume a high one.... that's your's and everyone elses fault who did.... BLAME BW MOAR -.-

The problem is that they didn't get a number. Bioware knew the hype surrounding this, the correct way of handling this would have been to say "Hey guys, there's only going to be like 10 servers available to transfer at first." Instead they made sure to stay vague so players who were thinking of unsubing would delay.

This is so freaking lame. I've been waiting for character transfers for a weeks. I was so excited I got up at 6AM to check out the transfer process. Pretty disappointing to only have four servers available for transfer.

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

Some of the folks on here have no patience to wait a few more days.. Unfortunatly the "I want it now crowd" demands instant satisfaction or heads should roll :p

Take a chill pill people. Come back in a few days & your server may / should be on the list.

But then again, playing games is your life for some...... /sigh

Edited by Kloud_Almasy

I think i will reinstall AoC and LoL to pass playing this summer with some game, because it seems that is not possible to play KOTOR.

I don't understand anything, i pay every month to BW and i can't play with people in his game.

I'm waiting transfers since two months ago and today i see that...