Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Instant gratification, consequences be damned.

INSTANT?! You call waiting since March to do operations instant? You call sitting in fleet for 3 hours today ALONE for the 3rd month in a row INSTANT? You call waiting every day while 1000s of other people get their servers fixed the rest of us are left after 3 days with no clue whats going on or even if our servers will be consolidated. Instant? :rolleyes:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the wall guess, they are using numbers from last night's US prime time to figure out the servers post move for today and I am guessing gathering the EU primetime numbers post move for moves tomorrow. They made a lot of changes that would have to be observed during primetime to draw conclusions and being on the other side of the world from them would have some drawbacks since it takes time to pick apart data.

That's not to minimize your concerns, but add onto the fact that they are starting to struggle with what to do with the RP-PVP servers (he posted in another thread looking for feedback on one of them) and my guess is maybe late today, but more likely early tomorrow.

So all if us who cannot play during the US east coast prime time are told to unsub then?

I really REALLY hope the remaining East PVE servers (22 of them, 17 being launch servers) are going to a 3rd destination. The amount of concern over names in my guild (and home...) is surprisingly high to me and with so many other servers already being able to move to already populated servers, they are sure their names are all gone. It seems a little over the top, but they are seriously concerned. And while I only care a little bit, I still think their concerns are valid -- they don't have anywhere close to a fair chance to getting names when 23 other servers were able to go before them.

Eh. As long as I'm making wishes, I'd like a pony, to win a $200M lottery, and for Corellian Run to be the third destination server. :D

You do know that Joveth isn't doing the transfers, right? He's with the Community team, he just passes info to us from the departments doing the work.

yes and by addressing him he can hollar at them to speed this up! Seriously out of my mind waiting!

So two entire batches for North America, I seriously hope they aren't doing NA servers all day, I will be very disappointed otherwise.

My thinking is they did a bunch of server transfers yesterday your prime time. They need comprehensive prime time data to figure out a few questions that still remain open after the move. So my guess (entirely a guess) is that at the end of this EU prime time they will start picking apart the data to get their answers and only after that will there be more EU moves (so TLDR, my guess tomorrow first thing).

I would really like to ask that Port Nowhere become a destination We have had a fair server population but need a better server balance. normally 30 or more on fleet during peak hours on imp side and 20-50 on pub. :rak_01: I also host a podcast called "Sith Talk" and have had many stories to share from there and would rather not to get out on a server with a hard to pronounce name just say.

What do you say my fellow EU players, unsubb over beeing ignored ? i'm right on the edge.

No kidding. Its not just being ignored though, we've been waiting all day and the first thing they do is address the US even though it's prime time for us.

Waiting for Darth Sion to get to something. :(

& Krayt, SMS, Darth Brandon, Mind Trick. SMS was a big time PvE EC servers, now a shell of themselves. SMS had four guilds between the two sides; each had 400+ members. While that was the case SMS is a ghost town now, and I suspect they are trying to figure out what to do with them since they didn't move them first. Unreal......

Last known ratio of SMS? IMPs outnumbered Pubs 3:1. How the hell we didn't get moved to Jedi Cov is beyond me....

I really REALLY hope the remaining East PVE servers (22 of them, 17 being launch servers) are going to a 3rd destination. The amount of concern over names in my guild (and home...) is surprisingly high to me and with so many other servers already being able to move to already populated servers, they are sure their names are all gone. It seems a little over the top, but they are seriously concerned. And while I only care a little bit, I still think their concerns are valid -- they don't have anywhere close to a fair chance to getting names when 23 other servers were able to go before them.

Eh. As long as I'm making wishes, I'd like a pony, to win a $200M lottery, and for Corellian Run to be the third destination server. :D

Right now they could move me to a rp pvp server with no name but mud left. I am sick of paying for a game I cannot play because of their bad decisions. Then to rub our faces in it all the EGA servers they leave out. Darth Bandon is deserted there is only 1 guild left active. Noone in fleet this afternoon. So ya another weekend I cannot play the game I pay for.

Oh you're right, 2 days already isn't gradual and overtime, What they really meant was "weeks" when they wrote that *grin*

if you think that's going to fly with the SWTOR community, I have some ocean front property to sell you in Fanboi USA.

T wo days is ”over time” in an mmo or any game? Come on two days is an instant in a game like this. This must be your first rodeo.

My thinking is they did a bunch of server transfers yesterday your prime time. They need comprehensive prime time data to figure out a few questions that still remain open after the move. So my guess (entirely a guess) is that at the end of this EU prime time they will start picking apart the data to get their answers and only after that will there be more EU moves (so TLDR, my guess tomorrow first thing).

They already have all of last nights Primetime numbers to go off, and let's face it, last night is probably the highest numbers are gonna get till 1.3.

Helm of Graush, Port Nowhere, Darth Malek, Anchorhead, Belgoth's Beacon, Vulkar Highway

^ If you are in one of the above today has been a trying day for you. Let's all have a pity party together ;)

Watch out, don't invite the Wookie :)

So all if us who cannot play during the US east coast prime time are told to unsub then?

I have no idea even where that came from. All I was implying is they have some decisions to make about what servers go where, in order to make that decision they need data. As a side effect of timezones (damn our world being round and all *rabble*) that means the data they need to analyze is happening now... which means its not done collecting.