Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

So just looked at the newest update at 4:27 pm CDT and yet NO BELGOTH'S BEACON. I'm seriously thinking of unsubing here. We've had no pvp imp side for weeks, no Operations or even 4 man HM's, for Christ's sake get to us already. We don't know anything because of the way you a BW decided to handle these transfers. As I said last week a PROPOSED list of origin/destination servers should have been released. Not this kept in the dark hoping for some kind of information BS we've been given. The communication skills at bioware makes me think they are all autistic (I have an autistic son so I know *** I'm talking about there).

COMMUNICATE WITH US DAMN IT.

Yes you will be transferred,

No you'll be a dest server.

Just **** and wait.

Something is better than the wall of silence we get from Bioware.

Yeah I'm on Darth Malak - the bastard son East PVP server. Such crap.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.... Thanks again for the updates. I'll post them to my guild pages to keep them informed.

I know TARRO BLOOD is a low pop server. I know that on the Republic side at peak times fleet has maybe 25 and Empire has 30-40. Total pops for both have been 60-70 on both sides (i used the who option). How come we haven not been afforded the luxury of a server transfer?

Maybe if I complain and scream at the wind we'll get one, but TARRO BLOOD is above that. All I ask is ... Dev's when do we get our chance?

Sincerely,

They dont communicate like that man. Basically here is what they say in a nut shell. They are going to do things how they want to do them. If you do not like that then cancel. What they hope is enough people will keep chasing that carrot until they release more content. They assume people will come rushing back. They are making even diehard supporters of this game leave.

The game in incredible. The people running it not so much. First they make a huge mistake by opening new servers at launch when there was no need to do so. Then blunder after blunder drove 400k people away in the first 3 months alone. Imagine how many are gone now. They seem to not want new customers at every turn they continue to do the worst possible thing. I watch pod casts and everything about swtor is negative. There is absolutely no good press on this game whatsoever.

Even people like darth hater are ragging hard on this game after E3. If you watch the E3 EA press conference every other game had the crowd applauding. When swtor was shown not 1 person applauded anything the guy said. He gave no information whatsoever except the f2p announcement we didnt already know.

So they try to get back in our good graces by doing these "free" server transfers which are in effect server merges. Yet again they screw it up big time. Meanwhile the head community manager says they are working 24 hrs night and weekends but somehow still cannot even get transfers done. Triton has like 10 people total and they managed to do it. Ask yourself why is it this is such a disaster. Why are people so upset? Why does Bioware not seem to care everyone is upset and noone likes the game? Just crazy. I cannot wait for the next investor report to see this game has dropped below 500k subs.

That's the current plan. Tomorrow will be all dependent on how populations look after today's transfers.

Populations on the destination servers may be looking nice, but what about the servers that haven't been made eligible? Hyperspace Cannon comes to mind...do you guys really think it's population is fine? Because if so, it's about to lose one more person - permanently.

Are you telling us that there's a chance you just shut off transfers tomorrow and those of us left on empty, but not eligible, servers are stuck just as things were before transfers even started? The only thing most people in my guild have been sticking around for is the chance to move our guild to a more populated server.

Edited by Giolon

That was the last one for today folks! For those keeping track, that's 151 servers opened up for free character transfers so far. We're not done yet. You can bet we'll be monitoring data overnight to see how populations have shifted.

You seriously left all the last 3 bloody Eastern PvP servers?

Say goodbye to those subscriptions.

Are you telling us that there's a chance you just shut off transfers tomorrow and those of us left on empty, but not eligible, servers are stuck just as things were before transfers even started? The only thing most people in my guild have been sticking around for is the chance to move our guild to a more populated server.

They never suggested anything like that.

Populations on the destination servers may be looking nice, but what about the servers that haven't been made eligible? Hyperspace Cannon comes to mind...do you guys really think it's population is fine? Because if so, it's about to lose one more person - permanently.

Are you telling me that there's a chance you just shut off transfers tomorrow and those of us left on empty, but not eligible, servers are stuck just as things were before transfers even started?

I'm from Hyperspace Cannon as well and I am becoming extremely frustrated with my dead server. I hope that BioWare realizes that the discontent they are allowing to grow unabated in their customers isn't just isolated incidents. My decision to remain subscribed is directly linked to that of my wife and our friends/guildmates who play.

Please, PLEASE provide us a timetable or at least confirm to us that Hyperspace Cannon WILL be transferred.

That was the last one for today folks! For those keeping track, that's 151 servers opened up for free character transfers so far. We're not done yet. You can bet we'll be monitoring data overnight to see how populations have shifted.

Looks good so far, but I'm concerned about my server. The free one offered does not work for me for various reasons. What are the chances of some servers getting more than one possible destination to choose from? Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm definitely in a swotor based limbo atm

I don't want to (and can't) really play my mains on my dead server but at the same time I dnt wanna play my red eclipse alts for the fact that I 'may' not be transferring there.

Red eclipse is under very heavy atm, it may end up being that I chose the right server to make alts on but due to a random draw my chars wont be able to transfer there. As well if I can't transfer there then my red eclipse alts are useless, making me not want to play them.

I was hoping for more info this afternoon but another day has gone by without an idea of when my server will be chosen.

i'm actually glad some of you are unsubbing :p

Pssst - they aren't really...they just think they are special and BW will throw a solid (and so far successful) project plan out the window and bow to their whims if they threaten to unsub. It's a secret, don't tell anyone. :)

So many whiners. If your server has low population of course it will be transfered. Just wait. If you are unsubbing because you cannot wait a few more days then good riddance. My server hasn't been announced yet either, but Im not complaining as Im just happy BW is giving transfers for free. Edited by Bujiko

So they try to get back in our good graces by doing these "free" server transfers which are in effect server merges. Yet again they screw it up big time.

How, exactly, have they "screwed it up big time?" They have done exactly what they said they would do, exactly when they said they would do it. And almost 80% of the servers enabled as either transfer from or to in 3 days is pretty astounding progress IMO. I expected them to take 2-3 weeks to reach this point. And for all of the characters transferred, very little has apparently gone wrong. Inventory and cargo hold contents have arrived, titles are in place, gear is equipped, legacy unlocks still there. The worst is a character count issue with a known workaround.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can make statement's like this in the face of overwhelming proof to the contrary. You've gotta be saying stuff like this just to stir people up who aren't looking at the facts right? You're pulling their chain for fun, aren't you? Cheeky little monkey. :)

Did you not read what he said? He said they are pretty much done hence why they didnt do 100 servers today like yesterday. That means they think the other servers populations are fine. Where is this overwhelming proof to the contrary?

How, exactly, have they "screwed it up big time?" They have done exactly what they said they would do, exactly when they said they would do it. And almost 80% of the servers enabled as either transfer from or to in 3 days is pretty astounding progress IMO. I expected them to take 2-3 weeks to reach this point. And for all of the characters transferred, very little has apparently gone wrong. Inventory and cargo hold contents have arrived, titles are in place, gear is equipped, legacy unlocks still there. The worst is a character count issue with a known workaround.

21 East Coast PVE servers left out of the loop. Thats how.

So are ya'll going to make all the servers left wait all weekend? or is there going to be a few more rounds tomorrow. This info is greatly needed to calm the masses.

Their plan is to do more tomorrow. They've already given that info, so why aren't the masses calm yet???

Whos monitoring how many people are cancelling due to being left out of transfers? The reason they only did a few today is they are done. If your server wasnt in the list then you are stuck on a server with no people for the forseeable future. I have been checking out other games I think this game is going to be closing or going 100% f2p with a year max. Its quite obvious to everyone but the people steering this ship we have run aground.

I'm saving this post to throw at you tomorrow when more servers go up. LOL

Did you not read what he said? He said they are pretty much done hence why they didnt do 100 servers today like yesterday. That means they think the other servers populations are fine. Where is this overwhelming proof to the contrary?

Thanks all of you for your patience during this process. We can't wait to open more up!

-@Joveth 23 minutes ago

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.