Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Mind Trick will be the LAST server to transfer because I play on it and I must be be freaking cursed..This sucks I want to play so much as the game was intended, with plenty of others. Looks like that will be at least a few more days.

As a fellow Mind Trickster...I feel your pain. :(

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not excitement mate, It's bloody wanting to play a freakin game we spent money on, How much server information do you need on the last 2 PVP eastern servers? Just flip a bloody coin and merge us. You're already month's late on the server transfers, And you're taking your sweet time screwing up the process even more. No one likes paying for an MMORPG without the MM part, and your game isn't exactly stellar on the RPG part.

I agree with this man. They keep acting like this is some huge favor they are doing us. How much more data do you need about Darth Bandon. Go look at it. Nothing has changed in months.

I agree with this man. They keep acting like this is some huge favor they are doing us. How much more data do you need about Darth Bandon. Go look at it. Nothing has changed in months.

I bloody know, how many times have I read some Bioware dev talk about "Oh we know you're excited" ..No...Excitement is not how i would describe 20 or less people on the fleet for over a month...Excitement is not how I would describe queue's not popping for an entire bloody day.

I tell you what, This is about as exciting as Mass Effect 3 ending and it breaking my Xbox360..That's how excited I am.

I think your tinfoil hat is affecting your thought process. They don't need any info about the dead server your on. They need info about the destination servers, seeing how many people are moving onto them and how its affecting server load etc.

It's not even the weekend yet, and with the Red Eclipse hitting "FULL" tonight and people already begining to complain about queuing I really hope BW don't try and cram the other ten PVE English servers on there.

It would make much more sense to have a second PVE server of similar population. It would also make it more likely that people can get a new name they like/keep the name they have.

There's 290 people on Imperial Fleet of Canderous Ordo, yet it says "Standard". Clearly the cap went up.

I had about 300 on fleet last night and it showed very heavy. It might just mean that most of your players were on fleet. It takes more then just adding slots over night. I'm sure they would have to shut down servers to do this.

I know this situation is hard on everyone who didnt get what they wanted in terms of a server selection with their alts on different servers. I have 5 level 50 toons with a legacy level 35 that i was able to transfer today, but i have 2 level 50 toons and a legacy level 27 on fatman that i can not transfer and re-unite with my other alts. My choice i know i know but what needs to happen is people who were affected by this process that had created toons on servers where the population actually supported proper gameplay need to be given a chance to unite their legacy

I bloody know, how many times have I read some Bioware dev talk about "Oh we know you're excited" ..No...Excitement is not how i would describe 20 or less people on the fleet for over a month...Excitement is not how I would describe queue's not popping for an entire bloody day.

I tell you what, This is about as exciting as Mass Effect 3 ending and it breaking my Xbox360..That's how excited I am.

Honest question. You and may many others have waited this "bloody" long already, why is it now all of a sudden you simply can't wait a few more days? Why now that the process has started you and others are freaking out because other servers came first. Doesn't make any "bloody" sense "mate".

so im guessing whats going to happen is the remaining few us west pve servers are going to be lumped together into a pile of dead servers. heres to looking forward to paid transfers!

I know this situation is hard on everyone who didnt get what they wanted in terms of a server selection with their alts on different servers. I have 5 level 50 toons with a legacy level 35 that i was able to transfer today, but i have 2 level 50 toons and a legacy level 27 on fatman that i can not transfer and re-unite with my other alts. My choice i know i know but what needs to happen is people who were affected by this process that had created toons on servers where the population actually supported proper gameplay need to be given a chance to unite their legacy

for some of us, its not even this^^

its not being selected at all, and being stuck on a server with only 10 people on fleet

i wish i had a eligible transfer =(

Hoping for some news about Krayt Dragon soon, but since we're one of the mid-range servers, I think we'll be on back burner status for a while. Fingers crossed, though! :)

Congrats, Krayt Dragon gets to move now.

Well guys, its been real but now I've moved from the Razor to Shadowlands. I would like to share my transfer experience. Account page was quick and easy doing the moves, as soon as I got to the next character, the previous one had finished. Took me maybe 7 minutes to do all 8 of my characters. I did run into the problem of moving 7 and then having it think I was full, but since Ive been living in this thread for 2 days I knew how to fix it. Of my 8 toons, only one needed to be renamed, and I even got my old legacy name (it will reset your legacy name even if its not taken, so try your original unless you want to change). Logged in Pub side and found 160 people and climbing on the fleet. I don't think I'd ever seen more than 35. All in all, smooth and easy process, hats off to Bioware. For those of you still waiting, I sympathize, but slow and steady wins the race. You've waited this long, a few more days wont hurt. Better to have it done right than to go through this again.

Honest question. You and may many others have waited this "bloody" long already, why is it now all of a sudden you simply can't wait a few more days? Why now that the process has started you and others are freaking out because other servers came first. Doesn't make any "bloody" sense "mate".

because while this is actually happening, nobody likes to be picked last!

or even to be exluded from all the fun we see other people having

Edited by Daethlok

I'm on Darth Bandon as well. And while I'm bucking for a transfer as much as anyone else I don't think trying to tell Bioware how to do their jobs helps. I don't know how much data they need for this sort of thing any more than I'd say 99% of the people here do. I don't know the technical aspects or what should take priority in this situation on Bioware's end.

So given all that it seems to me relaxing and waiting my turn seems the most logical thing to do. That said, I'm bucking for Candaros Ordo. Got two alts there already and my Rep guild.

Thanks for the continued updates Bioware. Only concern so far is that Sith Meditation Sphere is being 'merged' with The Shadowlands. SMS was the server that Bioware 'chose' for our Empire side guild of The Oldtimers Guild. Unfortunately, The Shadowlands is the server that was chosen for our Republic side.

Since the character limit is 8, alot of people are going to be losing out on characters - and through no fault of their own.

Please consider upping the arbitrary number of character slots per world? There's no real reason for it.

Well guys, its been real but now I've moved from the Razor to Shadowlands. I would like to share my transfer experience. Account page was quick and easy doing the moves, as soon as I got to the next character, the previous one had finished. Took me maybe 7 minutes to do all 8 of my characters. I did run into the problem of moving 7 and then having it think I was full, but since Ive been living in this thread for 2 days I knew how to fix it. Of my 8 toons, only one needed to be renamed, and I even got my old legacy name (it will reset your legacy name even if its not taken, so try your original unless you want to change). Logged in Pub side and found 160 people and climbing on the fleet. I don't think I'd ever seen more than 35. All in all, smooth and easy process, hats off to Bioware. For those of you still waiting, I sympathize, but slow and steady wins the race. You've waited this long, a few more days wont hurt. Better to have it done right than to go through this again.

Bye I'll still be here QQing about being trapped on a dead server for another day

Edited by Jakev-

I had about 300 on fleet last night and it showed very heavy. It might just mean that most of your players were on fleet. It takes more then just adding slots over night. I'm sure they would have to shut down servers to do this.

When there were two instances of 300 and 260, yeah it was "very heavy". I think at one point it was 3 instances. It seems to have evened out now (logged in last night though and it said it was full).

We opened up many servers at the beginning of this process and only a few remain to be opened up for transfers. You will see us opening more up tomorrow and into next week. We understand that everyone is excited to transfer, but we do have to see how each day's transfers affect server populations in order to open up more origin servers each day.

Have you factored in that some of the unopened servers (like mine; Space Slug) might give false population information (lower than normal) since some people (like myself) are not logging in until we know what our destination will be? It'd be great if it was a destination server, but I'm not making any bets. Until I know, there's no need for me to log in. Our server pop plummets on weekends so I hope you're not waiting until after that.

for some of us, its not even this^^

its not being selected at all, and being stuck on a server with only 10 people on fleet

i wish i had a eligible transfer =(

Same boat here. I don't understand how they can choose servers with HEALTHIER AND BIGGER pops than ours to transfer. While letting completely fail-servers just sit there picking their nose infront of the gtn.

Its sounding more and more like a random lottery. BW has mastered the art of disappointing its paying customers it seems.