Cathar!

PPL don think about the ramifications of having something like a Wookie as a playable race. As soon as the 1st Wookie / Human love scene is posted on youtube conservative news outlets will pounce on Bioware, as they have at least 4 other times in recent years, for having a Monkey-man mate with a human. Because it means Bioware supports beast-iality and evolution and are forcing them both on children.

Lol it would just be an awkwardly animated kiss and then a fade to black anyways.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PPL don think about the ramifications of having something like a Wookie as a playable race. As soon as the 1st Wookie / Human love scene is posted on youtube conservative news outlets will pounce on Bioware, as they have at least 4 other times in recent years, for having a Monkey-man mate with a human. Because it means Bioware supports beast-iality and evolution and are forcing them both on children.

How is kissing a cat any better?

How anyone can have an issue with this is beyond me. It's a new race, extra options and personally a cool one. I'm sure by the time that this patch/exp or whatever it is comes out, we will find out that it is not the only new race they will be adding. But of course, everyone wants to know everything now in minute detail, hand delivered to them from the dev's themselves...:rolleyes:

I remember during beta the two most requested PC race additions were Togrutta and Cathar so I say good on Bioware for delivering one of them. Sure it's the easier of the pair but it's being added in a PATCH. And it's still more distinctive than "green skin" humans.

But I'm biased, I AM a cat person and still think WoW's worgen and pandas suck.

Some of you people will just hate on stuff no matter what.

The Cathar are awesome. You have my thanks Bioware.

im suprised torguta is considerd a harder one i mean they have a few of them as npc in the game.

and dont get me wrong im glad we have a new species but for a galaxy with probbally 100000 different species they could have done more.

Hey the female Cather have a certain kind of sexiness to them.

If your a freak and enjoy ********ity... Those people who do that furry dress up etc in real life are creepy. Saying kissing a wookie is beasiality is no different to kissing a cathar.

Cathar are fine, and absolutely make the most sense as the first new species added.

I was surprised that they weren't in at launch.

I would have preferred Weequay and Nikto, though, sticking with the 'speaks basic and the romance makes sense' angle. Maybe Nikto are a little reach, but not much of one.

If I were to add a couple more that do not meet those requirements so much, I would go with Duros/Neimoidians and Rodian.

Still, Cathar are a good choice.

I do wonder where this official Bioware poll is that so many people are talking about where Cathar showed so poorly, though.

There has been threads about new species where people can suggest new species. Cathar was one of the most wanted in there. If you don't like it, blame democracy. And yeah... my thanks to Bioware that we are getting a new species in the first place. Imo Cathar is not a bad one at all. Edited by Kayin

As much as I agree with you on the whining on the forum, in this case they might actually have a case. The devs have just recently promised that they're going to communicate with the customers more. And when they finally release a new playable species, they give us one that wasn't even in the top two (if not top three). This is not a good way to begin a new communications strategy.

Where exactly is this top ten list? :confused:

Screw the naysayers. I'm rolling a kitteh! Hope I can make my cathar grey with lynx ears.

Seriously, if you can't imagine it making sweet love with a human, you're not going to get it as a PC. Nobody wants a mon calamari to get with Corso, or a kel dor to put the moves on Jaesa. Nobody wants those mental images, even if the screen fades to black.

Why not? In the current EU Books has a Human Woman a Bothan as a lover. So where is the problem?

Books and Movies/video games are two different things.

And what about those of us who don't give a flying toss about all that girly romance crap?

I would happily give up any chance of having any romance story lines whatsoever if it ment I could play a Jawa or a Wookie. Maybe that should be a stipulation of playing and alien race - no chance of any romance. Works for me.

Sorry buddy, not going to happen. For the forseeable future, all added playable races will be human-like. No dumb Wookies or Jawas. Like someone refered to before, as soon as a scene with, say a Mako or Jaesa, going at it with a Wookie gets put on youtube all types of conservative morons are going to be on Foxnews railing about it. Boycotts, lawsuits, you name it.

I can imagine it now:

Ashara Zavros: "We need to have some alone time together."

Wookie player: 'RAAAAAR!"

-Que Bill O'Reilly declaring war on SWTOR.

Language is also the deal-breaker if they try to add a Wookie or Jawa. With Wookies or Jawas during conversations, the same soundbites are used repeatedly no matter what the dialog says. As anyone who's played Smuggler and had to hear Bowdaar in convo's doing the same "RAAAR WU WU RAAAR" over and over and over again can attest to. Same thing goes for Blizz in the bounty hunter storyline, a handful of recycled soundbites over and over again. It get's old REAL quick.

With Cathars, and Voss and Togrutas most likely in the near future, they can still use the same voices and avoid the dialog/storyline proablems.

So getting a little playable Jawa or Wookie is not going to happen anytime soon. MAYBE during an expansion when they know people will have to fork over more money so they can invest in new material.

Edited by GiovanniD

Always wanted a playable Cathar myself, so I'm pretty excited about the news.

Now if only they added additional slots per server too. I really want catgirl BH, but have no slots T____T (and I don't want to leave The Progenitor, my awesome server <3, either)

And there's the friggin' problem. Catgirls, furries, neckos, whatever in TOR. There are more important things to work on, Bioware.

You've got it backwards. It's the furries that should "get a life", as you put it.

Can't see how fictional species & characters romances can hurt irl people, is your manhood in danger or something like that? Afraid that your girlfriend will escape with some fictional wookie?

People acting so seriously about a fantasy world and his characters, no matey, it's not the "furry" lovers that should get a life, those guys can distinguish between fiction and real life, it's the "holier than thou" lads and their douche attitude.

Edited by yoomazir

Why is it always cat races that are the first to be added..I mean it was the same in Star Trek Online with Caitians, now we get Cathar in Star Wars...there's countless others that would of been better, like Nikto or Nautolan, but no we get cats.

Can't see how fictional species & characters romances can hurt irl people, is your manhood in danger or something like that? Afraid that your girlfriend will escape with some fictional wookie?

People acting so seriously about a fantasy world and his characters, no matey, it's not the "furry" lovers that should get a life, those guys can distinguish between fiction and real life, it's the "holier than thou" lads and their douche attitude.

Yes, men that dress up as catgirls do a very good job of distinguishing between fiction and real life.

I say again... backwards.

Yes, men that dress up as catgirls do a very good job of distinguishing between fiction and real life.

I say again... backwards.

Can you tell us why do you bring that fetichism of pple dressing into furry into a Star Wars mmorpg forum again?

Implying that those pple and those who like interspecies romance in a fictional setting are one and the same? Just like videogames making all of us potential serial killers right?

Bang up job here lad.

Edited by yoomazir

Lets be real here, w/e Race they pick people will complain

Too true Crimsonorion, too true. Cathar are a good first step towards expanded the species list. Looking forward to more in the months to come :)

Can you tell us why do you bring that fetichism of pple dressing into furry into a Star Wars mmorpg forum again?

Implying that those pple and those who like interspecies romance in a fictional setting are one and the same? Just like videogames making all of us potential serial killers right?

Bang up job here lad.

If you want to continue wearing you catgirl suit while playing TOR in the privacy of your own litterbox, "dude", then more power to you.

I would've preferred to see more iconic species (kel dor, togruta, nautalon, wookie) than cathar.

Implement anything other than Cathar or other simple races has too much of an opportunity cost(yes not every dev does the same thing) look at the problems with Twi'leks, and Sith Purebloods bits sticking through masks and realise just how crazy things would get with Togruta and such. Asking for Wookies and other weird aliens would require even more changes, it's just not worth it unfortunately I mean I'd love Togruta but that's just how things are.

Maybe in another far off expansion they'll be able to take the time to add Togruta and maybe Nautolans, still be really clippy though and Nautolan faces are a bit weird but could still work, Nautolans might be sooner than Togruta even.

Edited by zuile

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.