Light Vs Dark

DarkLumi

LS= a honor bound man hunter, likes challenges and ways to prove himself, cares about innocent ppl, will not put them in danger, will mostly take his targets alive but there are cases when killing you target is LS because you give them " and honorable death"

DS= money 1st, doesn t care about anything besides money, takes every shortcut possible

The only real difference is in items. Some armor, relics, speeders, etc. Use a db site like torhead to look at alignment specific gear to see if there is anything you really care about.

Edit: Oh and as for story, there is really no earth shattering difference between playing light and dark except that most of you companions prefer light side choices.

Edited by TempestasSilva

Personally, I think dark side has MUCH more consistent storytelling. Trying to play my second hunter as light always frustrates me into stopping.

If you are a dark side hunter, you do bad things for selfish reasons and the story paints you as an anti-hero.

If you are light side hunter, you do bad things for hypocritical reasons but you are polite and gentle.

"Honour" should make a difference, but it doesn't.

Even if you are an "honourable" light side hunter, the story forces you into becoming a fraud, a terrorist-for-hire, and a cop-killer. However you define your character's "honour", the story will probably force you to break it.

If you are light side hunter, you do bad things for hypocritical reasons but you are polite and gentle.

I'm halfway if not more done with with Alderaan, and I haven't found that to be true, I'm currently LS III

Sure I'm no goodie-goodie, I hunt and kill people when the time calls for it. I work against the Republic for money. But I never once felt like I did something hypocritical.

There's typically some sort of light side option that gets you out of situations, and often the light side option can prove to be more beneficial to you and the Empire then the DS option would be.

I suppose it would depend on how you feel about the character. Mine is LS but isn't a boy scout.

Truth be told, while I do enjoy playing lightside characters and I generally enjoy playing as my LS Bounty Hunter. I'm not sure how well it works for a Bounty Hunter storyline. You end up doing a lot of bad things for the Empire even as a lightside character and really the only thing he or she does it for is money. That sort of makes the character feel a little hypocritical at times. Even my darkside characters have what feel like reasons that fit better. My darkside Sith Warrior does bad things out of duty to the Empire, so despite being worse he feels like he has more of a respectable reason for his actions. That and the fact is that sometimes the lightside option comes is the opposite of what you were hired to do, so there are times you the character came across like a little unprofessional. Edited by OldVengeance

This is how I usually saw the division.

LS bounty hunter holds a personal honor code over everything else, including his reputation as a Bounty Hunter. If a job ends up violating that code, they'll drop it without a second thought and possibly turn around on their employer.

A neutral bounty hunter is the consummate professional; you do what you're payed to do, no questions asked and no extra steps taken.

DS bounty hunter is ruthless about getting the job done. This probably makes them the most effective at doing so, but they take a lot of moral and ethical...shortcuts on the way.

LS bounty hunter holds a personal honor code over everything else, including his reputation as a Bounty Hunter. If a job ends up violating that code, they'll drop it without a second thought and possibly turn around on their employer.

Problem is that while that makes sense on paper, it isn't how it works out in the bounty hunter storyline. The storyline will force your character to violate most common perceptions of honor and morality. Unless your character has an extremely twisted, convoluted sense of honor that still holds things like "fraud", "terrorism", and a host of other unnecessary vile acts your hunter commits all in the name of money and fame, as being honorable pursuits.

lol k. You're a bounty hunter. It's your job, it's not personal. Even the Supreme Chancellor tells you that as much at the end. 'Honorable' also means 'honoring your contracts' but since you are obviously biased i shall not waste anymore time.

I am playing my BH as money trumps all. My BH will do "light side" things as long as it doesn't effect the money she will make. If she can make the same money by letting someone live she will. But if their corpse pays more, then dead it will be.

I like your name Hostile Seventeen. :)

I try to play my hunter as a hardened killer with a sense of justice and mercy. If presented with a situation in which innocents or the weak will die due to my actions, I relent and show mercy. Trapped miners, innocent bystanders, and civilians caught in the middle get my mercy.

The result is a neutral alignment for which there is no reward. I think that's kind of poor design and contradicts the roleplaying complexity provided by the game. Here you have the chance to play a morally ambiguous character with some layers and you get punished for it by receiving slightly fewer gear choices.

I agree with sarog I mean after playing the BH it seems that the overall character fits a "Darker" individual I mean act 1 was about who is the best galaxy's hitman. Plus after that whole thing at the end of act 1 the BH is a criminal and lets not forget all the other stuff the BH does during planet quest lines and the story arcs.

This is my opinion.

Edited by lokdron

What is difference of I chose LIght side or Dark side with BH. Anyone care to tell me what they experience at each side also?

Since your BH is sided with the Imps, if you honor your contracts to their letter you will walk a darker path...that's the nature of the business you're in. That said, my first BH was more LS than DS choosing to let people live--my original intent was to play him as full DS but when presented with the available choices, I found myself freezing people rather than killing them...go figure...although, letting people live does work out better for you in the long run if you're planning on romancing Mako (which I was) as she does not at all like it when you kill someone you could have let live--she loves the money, but hates the murder you sometimes have to commit to get said money...yeah... O.o

To me LS bounty hunter makes no real sense. The class is effectively an assasin for hire - bounty hunter is a weak euphemism. At best he is a hired gun, who if you want to complete the class quests is either not fussy about his targets (DS) or hopelessly unprofessional (LS).

In the first half dozen or so "bounty hunts" you get to kill (or let to escape blowing all pretense at "professionalism")-

an inconvenient daughter for her father, a mentaly ill intelligence officer for his promotion hungry subordinate, an aged two timing accountant, a defencelss slicer who knows too much and has just helped you, Not to mention an Evocii freedom fighter (Huttsbane might be a fair kill even for LS, he could be considered a military/criminal target).

Not to mention the general Imperial quests that involve

poisoning slaves, shootiing runaway dads (or lying to your employer to let him escape).

In order to achieve your goals you must

steal a ship, killing the former owner and security guards in order to do it

I suppose you can just about manage to be a LS BH if you choose to let half your early targets escape and are willing to lie to your employer about it - so you can go LS and be a BAD BH.

You might manage Grey and ultra professional at the same time - which is what I aimed for but found really hard. Mako does not help in the least - she is so inconsistently written it drove me nuts,

Poison as many slaves as you want and she doesn't care, shoot a defensless slicer as per contract and she hates you. She is the biggest follower of the Great Hunt in the known universe but if you follow the Huntmasters instructions and kill someone responsible for jeopardising the whole thing she flips out. Taro Blood has his sidekick kill Braden and Jory in a fair fight and she swears revenge, you kill dozens the same way and she loves you.

At one point she actually asks - "we're not the bad guys are we" - the only logical answers are

DS - YES WE ARE

LS - We would be if we actually did the job we are paid to do

Edited by davanev
spoiler failed

lol k. You're a bounty hunter. It's your job, it's not personal. Even the supreme chancellor tells you that as much at the end. 'honorable' also means 'honoring your contracts' but since you are obviously biased i shall not waste anymore time.

spoiler alert!

BH can really go either way - Unlike the other classes that clearly push you in a direction, a BH is whatever his player chooses to make him. There also isn't much of an advantage to going either extreme light or dark in the same way that a lightsaber-wielding character would have (because you want the light V or dark V lightsabers), so you can really settle for a light or dark 2 (to get the holocrons) and call it a day.

BH can really go either way - Unlike the other classes that clearly push you in a direction, a BH is whatever his player chooses to make him.

Again, not really.

Do you choose to be a con artist who defrauds the great hunt and wins dishonorably? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

Do you choose to be a rent-a-terrorist who causes massive, unnecessary collateral damage to get to your targets? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

Do you choose to be a cop-killer who executes law enforcement officials for trying to arrest you for crimes you are legitimately guilty of? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

You have certain choices which you can use to frame your bounty hunter as someone who is nice, friendly, and swayed by sympathy. But no matter how light you play your character, the story forces you into dishonour, lawlessness, and terrorism. You have to do a lot of mental gymnastics and subscribe to some very flexible moral values in order to call any player character bounty hunter who has finished the class story a good person, imo. If you listed the hunter's actions and attributed them to a real person, you'd have one of the most despised villains in the world.

Which is why I think the story makes a lot more sense if you play dark. If you are the kind of person who analyses the story and your choices in it, anyhow. Playing dark, your choices gel with the narrative railroad and you come out looking like a consistent, albeit brutal, anti-hero at the end. Playing light gives you a character who can only be considered criminally insane, as if he's two different people.

Problem is that while that makes sense on paper, it isn't how it works out in the bounty hunter storyline. The storyline will force your character to violate most common perceptions of honor and morality. Unless your character has an extremely twisted, convoluted sense of honor that still holds things like "fraud", "terrorism", and a host of other unnecessary vile acts your hunter commits all in the name of money and fame, as being honorable pursuits.

It's more like a mafia or yakuza code of honor from my read. You have a set of rules you live by and you follow them no matter what. Traditional morally is a seperate matter. So sure, by most people's morality killing Jedi is wrong. By the BH's it's just a part of the job and Jedi know the risks.

It's more like a mafia or yakuza code of honor from my read. You have a set of rules you live by and you follow them no matter what. Traditional morally is a seperate matter. So sure, by most people's morality killing Jedi is wrong. By the BH's it's just a part of the job and Jedi know the risks.

Oh certainly, traditional morality and lawfulness are very different from codes of honor. If it was just that, I'd be able to appreciate the distinction.

But the story forces you to violate that, as well.

By defrauding the Great Hunt.

Which rather blows any notion of professional honor, warrior's integrity, or Mandalorian values out of the water, right along with traditional morality.

Again, not really.

Do you choose to be a con artist who defrauds the great hunt and wins dishonorably? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

Do you choose to be a rent-a-terrorist who causes massive, unnecessary collateral damage to get to your targets? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

Do you choose to be a cop-killer who executes law enforcement officials for trying to arrest you for crimes you are legitimately guilty of? Doesn't matter, you're gonna be.

You have certain choices which you can use to frame your bounty hunter as someone who is nice, friendly, and swayed by sympathy. But no matter how light you play your character, the story forces you into dishonour, lawlessness, and terrorism. You have to do a lot of mental gymnastics and subscribe to some very flexible moral values in order to call any player character bounty hunter who has finished the class story a good person, imo. If you listed the hunter's actions and attributed them to a real person, you'd have one of the most despised villains in the world.

Which is why I think the story makes a lot more sense if you play dark. If you are the kind of person who analyses the story and your choices in it, anyhow. Playing dark, your choices gel with the narrative railroad and you come out looking like a consistent, albeit brutal, anti-hero at the end. Playing light gives you a character who can only be considered criminally insane, as if he's two different people.

Uh, no, actually - I wasn't any of that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.