Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

If this flashpoint is to hard for people then do the easier ones. This flashpoint has nothing to do with loot for me, I do it because it is the only fun one that requires skill. I don't do the others much at all. I could care less about the Tamara chestpeice. Everything shouldnt be easy or it wouldn't be fun for long. Don't QQ because this encounter is to hard for you just improve your play or help your group mates improve. I hate doing raids/instances where you can just mindlessly carry ppl thru. The thing is for the majority of casual players that don't like challenges there are tons of other things to do, but for the minority of players who enjoy tough content well there isn't a lot do don't change lost island. Edited by Traxv

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I keep reading this and hearing people say you need full Rakata or raid gear to beat the instance, and I'm wondering why people think that. If you're following the mechanics, it's not a prohibitively difficult instance at all. I know this is the internet and you have to take everything with a grain of salt, but my group last night had:

- A relatively well geared marauder (1/2 rakata, 1/2 columi, fill in spots with PVP gear)

- An undergeared DPS sorc (crafted rakata, 2/3 rakata daily implants, other level 50 blue.... rest columi or recruit)

- An undergeared healer (crafted rakata, 2/3 daily implants, 1/2 columi 1/2 tionese, rakata mainhand though)

- Me, an average geared tank (campaign offhand, but mostly columi otherwise)

As a tank, you really should not be taking that much damage unless you screw up the incin interrupt or you run through a lightning spire. if you're rotating the boss away from the party, most of those spires should pop up behind you; don't just wait for the spire to make your dps and healer have to run through it, move to the next place. His attack cycle (incin, plasma arc x2, experimental cannon, repeat) takes about 15-20 seconds to cycle through, and by the time it's done, one of the first lightning spires should be disappearing. That gives you, as a tank, the ability to reposition the party in a safe area. Really, if you're complaining about your raid being undergeared, it's the tank's fault, nobody else. Every time I've pugged and wiped this instance, it's been when I'm DPSing and the tank isn't aware enough to move around the room liberally and quickly when a spire drops and the raid gets cut off from the boss and melee.

Now, I could see an argument that Dr. Lorrick himself requires decent gear, because phase 3 is a DPS race; however, even that fight is largely based on avoiding mechanics (i.e. don't stand in vials, don't cross over areas where the vials were on the floor, tank avoid satchel charges and don't face Lorrick towards the raid, knock back flaming rakghouls in phase 2).

If you're doing hardmodes simply to farm, I see the clear argument that for some people, LI isn't worth the time. However, people using the excuse that gear is the reason why they can't do it is missing the point. What I've noticed is that tanking skill -- at least on my server -- is the biggest limiting factor in the game. Tanks that like to stand still won't last in these types of instances.

The long walk after death is the 'Walk of shame'. Lets you reflect about what you did wrong.

It is hard with melee but do-able. Ranged is a walk in the park.

Personally enjoy LI but wouldn't want to do it more than once/twice a week for the weekly :p

Honestly regular Lost Island is like a moderate HM, and HM LI is more like a Nightmare Flashpoint.

Which makes sense given that it's a Tier 2 Flashpoint. Part of the problem is that HM LI drops 1 piece of Rakata (the chest) and that's it. Basically there are 2 reasons to do HM LI

1. Rakata Chest

2. Pets (Midnight Rakling and Orosquab).

Now I don't really want the Orosquab because I've already got the Orobird, but the Midnight Rakling looks cooler than the Crimson Rakling (I didn't bother buying the Pale Rakling because it looked ugly).

there are like 20+ FP in the game that offers no challenge what soever, and when they finally release just one FP that is fun and challengeing you want it nerfed ? this is an mmo there has to be room for both casuals and hardcores, but you casuals just dont want to give any room for hardcores i find it so disgusting, everytime there is just one thing is this game you cant do, you come on forums and spread lies in hope they will cater to your needs.

FFS just let us have 1 FP that us harcores can do, then you casuals can go run the other 20+ FP out there.

the core of the problem is too many gamers now days feel entittled to get gear without having to work for it anymore. several mmos out there TAUGHT this mentality for the past several years.

the previous hms are mindlessly easy with people being use to rolling through getting "easy" gear. now one comes out where, oh my, you have to actually "know how to play" and your GEAR wont CARRY your lack of skill.

this is a thinking, learn the encounter and execute the strats type zone which seperates those that are from those that THINK they are. it isnt a zone for everyone and dumbing it down to allow players who think they are is just plain wrong. these people just need to understand that it isnt for them, leave it be for those that it is and move on to something they can easily complete.

there are like 20+ FP in the game that offers no challenge what soever, and when they finally release just one FP that is fun and challengeing you want it nerfed ? this is an mmo there has to be room for both casuals and hardcores, but you casuals just dont want to give any room for hardcores i find it so disgusting, everytime there is just one thing is this game you cant do, you come on forums and spread lies in hope they will cater to your needs.

FFS just let us have 1 FP that us harcores can do, then you casuals can go run the other 20+ FP out there.

The day they introduce 4 man operations for casuals is the day i will concede operation style difficulty in flashpoints, until then "no soup for you".

I do HM LI at least once every week with 2 melee DPS. It's the only FP in the game currently that I can't just sleepwalk through. Please don't take away the only challenging content outside of Ops just because you find it too difficult. Just ignore it and continue to run your easy Flashpoints. You don't think the rewards are worthwhile anyway, right?

This flashpoint is too difficult for its level of reward. You can run HM EV faster with more rewards than this if you really want that rakata chest. Yeah LI gives BH comms, but you can get more running Nightmare Karagga with less hassle.

Of course no one want to do LI.

people barely care for gear they characters once they hit 50, they care more for REROLL a new ALT

since is what this game is all about.. alts!

and of course when they do try to do LI, they have not the gear or they class knowledge for get the fights done..

but hey, you could sit and chat with most about what level is they new alt, in rep or emp side!

ps. also the reguard you get from LI is really terrible for the dificulty level... just go and do HM EV/KP or easy HM flashpoints

Edited by mikphobos

I do HM LI at least once every week with 2 melee DPS. It's the only FP in the game currently that I can't just sleepwalk through. Please don't take away the only challenging content outside of Ops just because you find it too difficult. Just ignore it and continue to run your easy Flashpoints. You don't think the rewards are worthwhile anyway, right?

Wrong, the only motivation for continued play regardless of whether you are a casual or hardcore player for 99% of participants is gearing your characters. Without progression to gear your characters there is no reason to play, baring this in mind raiding is for the minority of players.

As it currently stands non raiders cant otain blackhole commendations so there is no progression there, we are stuck with daily commendations which has been done for the past 6 months. Many of you believe players as myself have an "entitled" attitude when it more than clear to me that raiders, as in Wow, always have and will continue to have the attitude that everything must be made for them. What is the point to continually run "easier" hardmode flashpoints when there is no gear progression? Your attitude will be the death of this game because nobody wants to remain stagnant forever.

Wrong, the only motivation for continued play regardless of whether you are a casual or hardcore player for 99% of participants is gearing your characters. Without progression to gear your characters there is no reason to play, baring this in mind raiding is for the minority of players.

As it currently stands non raiders cant otain blackhole commendations so there is no progression there, we are stuck with daily commendations which has been done for the past 6 months. Many of you believe players as myself have an "entitled" attitude when it more than clear to me that raiders, as in Wow, always have and will continue to have the attitude that everything must be made for them. What is the point to continually run "easier" hardmode flashpoints when there is no gear progression? Your attitude will be the death of this game because nobody wants to remain stagnant forever.

I don't belong to a raiding guild. In fact, my guild has a whopping 2 active members, including myself, and we're fairly casual in our playtime. When I do LI it is usually with either friends we've met doing other FPs, or with players we pick up in Fleet. What makes you say that non-raiders can't obtain blackhole commendations? That's completely bogus. Incompetent players likely can't obtain them, but that has nothing to do with raiding. Hell, you get 6 commendations a week even if you can't handle HM LI. You do get gear progression through Blackhole gear, the problem is that you don't want to put forth any effort to get it.

The FP is way to ridicules vs melee. to much AoE **** to avoid which does so a melee have to spend more time avoiding getting damaged, then actualy doing damage. If this is the crappy contend they intend to keep adding, then i will proberly quit. I have wasted so many hours trying to complete to FP, and i find it a joke.

The FP is way to ridicules vs melee. to much AoE **** to avoid which does so a melee have to spend more time avoiding getting damaged, then actualy doing damage. If this is the crappy contend they intend to keep adding, then i will proberly quit. I have wasted so many hours trying to complete to FP, and i find it a joke.

What?

If we're talking about the Sentinel droid, no, you're not right.

Assuming the tank is doing his job, there is 0 loss of melee DPS uptime. The tank will know when a lightning spire has spawned near you, and the boss will be moved accordingly. Follow the boss and DPS the whole time. You're not losing anything.

Maybe you're talking about Dr Lorrick? Same thing. If your tank is not bad, you won't lose any DPS uptime on the boss.

Is there more things to be aware of as a melee? Sure, no one will refute that. But you don't lose any DPS time in LI.

Edited by Mavery

Considering how Dr Lorrick throws all the Aoe **** around, i doubt that.

Before the green circles go down, there are reticles that indicate where it will land. If the tank is moving the boss that will allow DPS to keep hitting him and not take damage. If this is not happening, tell the tank to stop being bad.

As for the Sentinel droid? Again, if the tank has postioned the boss in a way that you're standing in a lightning spire, that's a bad tank. Tell him to be more aware and you can do your job.

Edited by Mavery

I think Lost Island is the best Flashpoint to date, lots of mechanics to work out and not too difficult, the rewards arent worth the risk I must admit, but its worth getting the weekly Black Hole Comms imo. Combine that with doing SM EC, HM EC and NM KP you can get geared up pretty fast with BH gear.

Fortunately for me, I dont have to worry about getting stuff in HM EC cause I can replace most of my rakata pieces (mod,enhancement,armoring) and update it with the Black Hole Stuff while getting the bonus set, which is awesome. So I use this as motivation to gear myself up from Rakata to Black Hole / to Campaign. The Augment might be nice, but its not really such an issue to me as a healer anyway *shrug*.

I read through the first few pages of this post, and have a few things to say.

I was able to run through all of LI in under 45 minutes today with some guildies. it was tough the first few times as we learned the new mechanics and how to counter them, but i think that is a good thing. I like many enjoy the challenge.

That being said I 100% agree with the OP about speeders. THIS is a HUGE problem in almost every zone. EC is a great example of this. No speeder until after tanks? this seems really stupid choice to me. Wiping on tanks means you have a minimum 5 minute walk back and usually more depending on the machines that your raid is running on. For progression content that most guilds wipe many time son before learning this means you could be wasting more than 1/2 your raid time running back to bosses.

Also why are we not using Teleporters Biowae? we clearly see the technology is possible on belsavis. Or even use the speeder style used in KP, click the speeder isnta teleported to where you need to be instead of watching the scenic route for the 700th time.