How much onlie players does SWTOR actually have?

Videle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are currently 1.3 million active subscribers to SWToR according to Electronic Arts Financial Report of May 2012.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1879050304x0x566945/3aaa2f1a-342b-4cbc-b067-c974f720ecc1/EA_News_2012_5_7_General.pdf

Quite a decent number I think. I expected much worse drop from the experience of other MMO games. SWToR is doing rather well.

just under 2 mil.

N not to B a grammar Nazi but...

"How many" online players does SWTOR have. :D

There is nowhere near 2 mil people playing.

I bet there is under 1 mil, and much under 1 mil for actual people logging in daily. I bet there is under 200,000 people playing in north america. I think their numbers are lies.

Look at how many awards they say the game won when they advertise. 90. Best game of 2010. If thsi isn't a lie I dont know what is. LOL. yeah, it might have been good in 2010. Total BS.

I bet there is under 1 mil, and much under 1 mil for actual people logging in daily. I bet there is under 200,000 people playing in north america. I think their numbers are lies.

Look at how many awards they say the game won when they advertise. 90. Best game of 2010. If thsi isn't a lie I dont know what is. LOL. yeah, it might have been good in 2010. Total BS.

Well My Magic 8 Ball has a 10% margin of error... 1 million is just under 2 million...

*siren siren siren*

tin foil hat alert. Tin foil hat alert. Sir..would you please remove your tin foil hat, you are scaring the customers. Thankyou and have a great day!

Edited by Sarfux

dude...thats because it IS a good game. The minority of complainers don't make a game suck...

in reality this IS NOT a bad game...

just compare it to other mmos coming out. Other mmos are ATROCIOUS! Horrible. Too many complainers here. This game is awesome and yes there are that many people. It just doesn't seem like it because there are tons of planets, stations, servers, all that stuff.

dude...thats because it IS a good game. The minority of complainers don't make a game suck...

just compare it to other mmos coming out. Other mmos are ATROCIOUS! Horrible. Too many complainers here. This game is awesome and yes there are that many people. It just doesn't seem like it because there are tons of planets, stations, servers, all that stuff.

If this is such a good game, why are so many people leaving?

I am on a server that is above average poulation and there is never more than 200 or 300 people on at a time. Unless they have 10.000 servers there is nowhere near 2 million people playing.

If this is such a good game, why are so many people leaving?

so many? 400,000 people is a lot? those 400,000 people are probably the ones that came from wow thinking it was something for them...people come and leave :) This is NOT a big drop for TOR. It is doing very very well for an mmo. The more bioware keeps putting things in in patches, the more good rep will get around.

btw...you will see. The lfg tool will be cross server, and there will be server transfers, along with the copy to test server. That's why it's called Allies. All this server crap is going to happen in this one. What everyone wanted...yet again. But will people be happy? no...the complainers will complain!

When WoW launched and even 5 months into the game had major problems and had people JUST LIKE TOR saying, "lolol blizzard..your game is going to fail if you don't do this"...one year later ALL the **** was in..just like TOR will do and they kept gaining subs. Just like TOR will do...soo...yeah. Stop with the doomsdaying. It's not gonna happen...give it a rest

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is an awesome game. It is a pretty standard MMO that is great in some places and absolutely terrible in others. The main problem now is that Bioware made way too many servers and after the initial wave of people quitting the game(which is to be expected if you look at any over-hyped MMO launch) and what is left of SWTOR's subscribers are completely spread out among these servers causing a lot of dead servers(was checking for level 50s during prime time last night and there were 22 total online in the entire Republic faction, for being 5 months into the game that is BAD, and my server isn't even near one of the least populated ones). The game will continue to bleed subscriptions faster and faster the longer it takes Bioware to swallow their pride and fix the server issues making it so that we have far less servers so the game actually feels like other people are playing it if you weren't lucky enough to start on Fatman or one of the other few lucky servers.

so many? 400,000 people is a lot? those 400,000 people are probably the ones that came from wow thinking it was something for them...people come and leave :) This is NOT a big drop for TOR. It is doing very very well for an mmo. The more bioware keeps putting things in in patches, the more good rep will get around.

btw...you will see. The lfg tool will be cross server, and there will be server transfers, along with the copy to test server. That's why it's called Allies. All this server crap is going to happen in this one. What everyone wanted...yet again. But will people be happy? no...the complainers will complain!

When WoW launched and even 5 months into the game had major problems and had people JUST LIKE TOR saying, "lolol blizzard..your game is going to fail if you don't do this"...one year later ALL the **** was in..just like TOR will do and they kept gaining subs. Just like TOR will do...soo...yeah. Stop with the doomsdaying. It's not gonna happen...give it a rest

First,It's not really 400,000. 2.4 million people bought it and less then 5 months you lost 1.1 million that we know of.

Second, the WoW comparison isn't really valid seeing as how this isn't 2004 anymore and the MMO market is far more saturated. You are competing with 15 to 20 or more MMOs as opposed to 3 to 5.

Thirdly and finally, why are so many servers light? People aren't playing the game. Blame D3, blame Tera, blame the moon cycle or high tide, or whatever. Point is, people aren't playing the game for whatever reason, and that is not a good sign.

Edited by Frostvein

400k out of the what 1.7 million subscribers SWTOR had? That is ~24% drop of the game's subscribers and you don't think THAT is a significant loss? Are you that big of a fan boy that you can't see the problem there? That is a HUGE loss in subscribers over this short of a time and the fact is Bioware needs to majorly focus on damage control at this point or it will keep losing subs.

I like this game(I have been playing since August when I got into beta), I want it to succeed but I find it extremely hard to log on any more aside from when my guild is raiding because there simply isn't anything to do. Warzones now take 10-30 minutes to pop on my server, and it is now near impossible to pug a Hardmode Flashpoint if I want to do one out of boredom due to the population. The devs do not only need to fix the population spread but they also need to start working on content we can do when we aren't raiding because at the moment all I am subbing for is because I enjoy the raids and the rest of the week I just play other games and I know the majority of the people I play with are doing the exact same.

Edited by Ganrax

hi wow hater,

we dont care about anything of wow,

so be gone.

Ignore Sarfux, he is the biggest fanboy on this entire forum.

Yeah I'm starting to see that, there are some serious fanboys on these forums but this guy has his head so deep in the sand I'm afraid he can't breathe.

They sold 2.4 million, 1.3 million subscribed as of April 30. They lost lot more then 400,000 since launch, the 400,000 was what they lost from Feb to April. Also the LFG tool is not going to be Cross Server, it is coming out as single server only.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

Ignore Sarfux, he is the biggest fanboy on this entire forum.

every game has their person that LOVES the game :)

This game is....a unique game for a different crowd. look at the link in my signature :)

and yes...yes I love SWTOR!!! A LOT!!

Oh, that one is easy

Lack of patience, unrealistic expectations, and short attention spans.

Yep. The game isn't bad, just everyone is completely unreasonable and has no paitence.

Listen, I have some beachfront property in Ohio I want to sell you. All you need is some patience, and in about a couple hundred millenia or so it will be adjacent to the Atlantic. You can go ahead and send me monthly payments on it now though.

Yep. The game isn't bad, just everyone is completely unreasonable and has no paitence.

Listen, I have some beachfront property in Ohio I want to sell you. All you need is some patience, and in about a couple hundred millenia or so it will be adjacent to the Atlantic. You can go ahead and send me monthly payments on it now though.

If you think it's so bad, then why you spending so much time on the forums?

Do you repeatedly watch movies you hate, too?

Edited by Skoobie