Weekly Forum Thread Round-Up Discussion: May 17th, 2012

If you're gonna have a weekly forum round up post, it should've included the fact that like hundreds of threads about people wanting more information, wanting server mergers or transfers and letting people know they were unsubscribing and/or going to play Diablo 3 because of a development failure of an unfortunately high level has left them frustrated.

How are you liking 16-mans?

Also, there should've been a quote under that one about how tons of people, I'm sure, pointed out the fact that they can't even get groups for 4 person flashpoints, let alone 16 man operations. Heck, some servers don't even have 16 people on fleet in primetime!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They edited/posted there list of current projects in the i think community forum. i think, since this has gotten off topic that all posts unrelated to the topic should be moved or deleted..

i don't know the forums well enough to 'suggest' threads though would be nice if the weekly blog included 'suggestions' about game features that the dev team likes and might consider implementing after things are fixed, that way the community can talk about them perhaps help think of ways to implement them .

i also think that asking the modders of the community for assistance in perhaps helping with the patches , perhaps some writers who can help write new quests, and story lines, perhaps come up with additional companions, i mean I like Fess -.- but Theran ...i dislike , the C2N2 I like too(though wish i could rename/edit them more)

adding posts with suggestions to the weekly blog would help people contribute to constructive ideas proposed. I wouldn't mind writing though, i suck at thinking up names though i can usually do a decent job of writing stories. though i've yet to finish any of the ones i've already written..

If it comes to that idea, knowing where to send the incomplete stories to as an example of my writing i'd be happy to or i could try something new. (in-game mail, or a pm on the forum works -i'm more likely to read in-game mail then forum mail though.)

Notice other people ignoring this thread, they obviously don't care about the weekly round-up. they care about the relevant topics like server transfers. if you have nothing relevant bioware its just best to not say anything until u say something relevant of the issues of the state of the game.

I'd like to nominate that one thread.

You know, the one about how Bioware just makes up stupid threads instead of addressing the real problems; I just love that thread.

They just obviously wasted their time doing this..... I honestly don't get it. This thread shouldve been released on April 1st.

Actually i think that The Weekly Forum Thread Round-Up is a nice thing, lots of good threads

that i miss.

Agreed. I rarely read the forums any more because the continuous ranting whinefest gets old. It's nice to have some useful threads pointed out without having to dig through all the garbage to find them.

Absolutely terrible that you developers continue to ignore the state of the game to try and implement features into the game THAT WILL NOT BRING BACK PLAYERS. At this point in this game, the priority should be merging servers and salvage what is left of this pathetic game and hopefully make it worth playing. Right now on twin spears, republic side. You cannot queue before prime time eastern standard time because you don't get any war zone pops. Not only that, when they do pop... there is a 30 minute wait between queue pops.

You think that is sustainable? You think that the most fun that I'll have with this game will be when diablo servers are down causing everyone to log into swtor and queue for a few games until diablo servers are up again?

You stupid developers, get your act together or you risk the biggest subscription dropoff in mmo history, this coming shortly after "the biggest patch in mmo history." Sad thing is you haven't even hit the 6 month mark yet, once those free months and 6 month subscriptions drop and people start seeing what a terrible game this is because of the stupid developer team, you won't even have 600 subscriptions come the end of May.

That's weird, because most groups still can't down the Lost Island Flashpoint in Hard Mode without wiping, and Only a few guilds have completed Denova Hard Mode. Totally lacking content! Because every game that has been released before this one has added two new raids and multiple flashpoints within the first 6 months of launch... And NO OTHER game has issues with bugs ever.

I think right before I left WoW.. in January/Feb? .. there was a major bug in the last patch that allowed Ret Paladins to do like, over 100k dps. So... not sure what games you're playing that are bug free after patches, obviously not the one with 7 years of experience. I guess being a producer for a game developer, I understand the nature of the MMO beast, and the fact that bugs happen, and some take longer to fix than others.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/02/retribution-paladin-dps-broken-after-realm-restarts/

And yes, they have fixed bugs. Some, I'll say it again, simply take longer than others.

good for you but i am pvper...and you should read again my posts in this thread before saying they did released anything for us..and btw what about dead servers? and unbalanced class?do they look fine for you?..,,

Edited by Terrorgirl

I nominate server transfers and cross server PVP threads! The number 1 issue with the game right now. These features should have been in by now. We are approaching the 6 month mark and all but 5 servers out of over 100 are complete ghost towns. We need to demand answers for this problem. It affects all aspects of the game, Pvp flashpoints raiding everything.

Also the dev tracker needs to get answers for this as well. If i read another question about companions or legacy during that thing I am going to freak out. That stuff can wait. Stop wasting time on fluff and fix the major issues of this game!

Oh wonderful: Even the thread which would point out a few threads worth reading gets drowned in the umpteenth rerun of drivel and complaints. I mean: Isn't is enough that the General Discussion part of the forum looks like a BAD spam box?

Not saying that there isn't room for complaint and improvement but is it really too much to ask to have at least some threads which concern themselves with the game itself and not with what some people perceive as lacking in it?

So: Nice idea mods...keep it going!

Edited by ThrillInstructor

I want to see the topics regarding PvP next week. Not a single one was chosen.

Good initiative, people can't always be browsing every sections in forums and it's good to point out interesting topics to follow.

Hi everyone,

There seems to be some confusion as to why this new blog exists.

We wanted to be able to provide some highlights of constructive and interesting discussions that are happening in the forums that may not have been noticed by most players in our community.

My posting of this blog does not detract from the development of the game or character transfers. As with our other blogs, it is meant to add content for players in our community to read and enjoy.

We are listening. And we know what your major concerns are. Please see this response for more information.

As a reminder, please remember to stay on topic in this discussion.

BUT, your choices for these threads is questionable, to say the least .....

You essentially chose a bunch of fluffy threads, instead of the more heavily discussed topics.

You have made a thread on the economy, which most EVERYONE cares about, where people are getting foreclosed on, unemployed, losing everything, but you point out the pretty flower ......which, presently, people could care less about.......at best, you get a glance at the flower, people say 'yeah, ok, whatever' and then back to reality......

That's keeping your finger on the pulse of the industry .....

So let's make a thread dedicated to useless fluff and call it a weekly round up. And you guys probably wonder why people are unsubscribing. Get your heads in the game Bioware, if it isn't related to clarifying 1.3 or how you plan consolidate the server and fianlly the future of the game don't post it. Just adds to the list of things make what customers you have left angry.

You people are like Asian parents.

"I got an A on my exam!"

"Why not an A+?"

"I drew this picture for you on the bus ride home."

"Why weren't you doing your homework instead?"

"Here are some cool threads we'd like to share!"

"This is an outrage."

By this point I seriously believe Bioware is just wanting this game to die. I'm quite confused as to how they spent $300 million and 6 years developing this only to get where they are. And instead of addressing gigantic problems, they ask us what our favourite thread was.

Can't wait until the 6 month subs run out and there'll be 200k total population. Simply embarrassing.

Edited by KuroshimaiHD