Boba Fett is Both Dead and Alive (Technically)

That was a joke.

He got his scar when Asajj Ventress sliced across his eye.

I know it was a joke. But GL said it and that makes it G canon and any story where he got his scar another way N-canon. :p:

(see what i did there)

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me whiile I change your post slightly to reflect what George really said:

not at all. I am following the rules of Canon its that simple.

As for the parallel univesre they have stated that for something to be considered C-canon it has to follow G-canon and part of G-canon is what George says. So if George says "Luke doesn't get married in my story." and so on then that can be canon in the EU.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

My changes to what his statement actually was and what it implies = Orange

He has stated that HIS story starts and ends with the movies. What you don't seem to get is he ALLOWS C-Canon as long as it doesn't directly contradict his movies. Those movies take place over about a 36 year time frame. From 32BBY to 3ABY. That's it. That is GEORGE LUCAS's time frame. That is his window to tell his story. He told his story and he's done. The only really big thing he dictated about the ExU is that his Big Three cannot be killed unless he personally gives the OK for it or passes away.

I have used the rules of Canon to show you how you misunderstood what George said there, and put in how it should look with what he did say and what he allows. Should clarify things a bit for you.

ok i'm going to play your little game here. Show me the quote from leeland chee that says Boba Fett is alive in the canon. Because I assure you that you will not find one.

However you will find many quotes saying Boba Fett is dead and the quote you already provide doesn't say he is alive either.

I already did, 3 pages back. Sansweet noted that Fett's comeback in C-canon was approved by Lucas, and Chee outright stated that there are exceptions to the canon rules, and that Boba Fett is one of them. So, dead in G-canon and alive in C-canon.

An argument without evidence is no argument at all, so point them out. I've already noted that Lucas's quote which you provided eliminates Fett in G-canon, but that Lucas also allowed his survival in C-canon. I'll be at work for several hours, so take your time.

Also I agree 100% that George Lucas has allowed comics and games to come out that have Boba Fett alive in it but that doesn't mean he is alive in the canon.

here is another example of George Lucas doing something specifically that is not canon

Yep, that expansion pack was N-canon from the get-go. A "What if" story that ultimately leads to

Luke joining you in the dark side.

It's even declared a "What if" scenario (hence N-canon by definition) in the TFU Sith Edition product description.

Remember C-canon has to fit in with G-canon.

Odds are he will not add a new scene in ROTJ why? Because he says Boba Fett is dead.

It is a flaw in the way the canon is supposed to be handled, but both are true. It is one of the very few times when the two canon levels are allowed to conflict, probably because the conflict is with statements by Lucas but not the film itself. I can't read Chee's mind, but that would be the logical explanation for why the exception is allowed.

Edited by bmhale

I already did, 3 pages back. Sansweet noted that Fett's comeback in C-canon was approved by Lucas, and Chee outright stated that there are exceptions to the canon rules, and that Boba Fett is one of them. So, dead in G-canon and alive in C-canon.

An argument without evidence is no argument at all, so point them out. I've already noted that Lucas's quote which you provided eliminates Fett in G-canon, but that Lucas also allowed his survival in C-canon. I'll be at work for several hours, so take your time.

Yep, that expansion pack was N-canon from the get-go. A "What if" story that ultimately leads to

Luke joining you in the dark side.

It's even declared a "What if" scenario (hence N-canon by definition) in the TFU Sith Edition product description.

It is a flaw in the way the canon is supposed to be handled, but both are true. It is one of the very few times when the two canon levels are allowed to conflict, probably because the conflict is with statements by Lucas but not the film itself. I can't read Chee's mind, but that would be the logical explanation for why the exception is allowed.

again no you didn't the quote says Lucas aproved him coming back but says nothing about it being C-canon

"Q: Did George Lucas intend for Boba Fett to die in the sarlacc, despite what others may say or print?

A: Yes, in George's view -- as far as the films go -- the baddest bounty hunter in the Galaxy met his match in the Great Pit of Carkoon where --unfortunately for Mr. Fett -- the ghastly sarlacc made its home.

However, Lucas also approved Fett's comeback in the expanded universe. And of course, by going back in time with the prequels, the Star Wars creator has brought Boba Fett back to life himself, albeit at a much younger age."

Of course Lucas has to approve stories being written about boba Fett that has never been in question. The question is that part of canon and the official answer is still no.

I honestly don't know how you are having such a hard time with this... oh wait now I see it's your signature you can't be objective.

I hate to break it to you but Boba Fett post ROTJ falls under N-canon just like the Ultimate sith edition of force unleashed. George Lucas also aproved that fight scene but since it breaks canon it's considered N-canon.

I agree with you that Boba Fett surviing is in the canon just not the level of canon you hope it is. It' is N-canon which still requires George Lucas's aproval.

Edited by jarjarloves

Pardon me whiile I change your post slightly to reflect what George really said:

My changes to what his statement actually was and what it implies = Orange

He has stated that HIS story starts and ends with the movies. What you don't seem to get is he ALLOWS C-Canon as long as it doesn't directly contradict his movies. Those movies take place over about a 36 year time frame. From 32BBY to 3ABY. That's it. That is GEORGE LUCAS's time frame. That is his window to tell his story. He told his story and he's done. The only really big thing he dictated about the ExU is that his Big Three cannot be killed unless he personally gives the OK for it or passes away.

I have used the rules of Canon to show you how you misunderstood what George said there, and put in how it should look with what he did say and what he allows. Should clarify things a bit for you.

that's not what he said. Oh btw according to you what Lucas says doesn't matter. He very clearly states that Luke never gets married. Not just in his universe but all universes as according to the rules of Canon.

Link it.

you mean the same quote i have linked time and time again sure

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

pretty clear nothing after ROTJ isn't even C canon.

ok i'm going to play your little game here. Show me the quote from leeland chee that says Boba Fett is alive in the canon. Because I assure you that you will not find one.

However you will find many quotes saying Boba Fett is dead and the quote you already provide doesn't say he is alive either.

Also I agree 100% that George Lucas has allowed comics and games to come out that have Boba Fett alive in it but that doesn't mean he is alive in the canon.

here is another example of George Lucas doing something specifically that is not canon

Remember C-canon has to fit in with G-canon.

Odds are he will not add a new scene in ROTJ why? Because he says Boba Fett is dead.

Yes , C-Canon has to fit in with G-Canon or they won't let it get published or made. Right?

If you answer no , then your just trying to fight yourself and everyone for no reason. If a book writer decided they wanted to make a noval about Luke and Leia going off and deciding they wanted to foget they were bro and sis and have incest kids , what do you think would happen? Or another writer doing a line of Wookie Jedi? Or even in the most basic of stuff , yet another writer using the old Jedi code in a noval? What do you think they are gonna get told?

NO!!!

Why? Because it doesn't fit with G-Canon. They can't put any of that in there even if all the rest follows G-Canon. They won't let it. That means Fett being alive after RoTJ means GL said that its ok for the C-Canon to have him alive.

It makes sense too , as a movie maker and having the keys to the IP , it gives him the option to hype all this up like we are ,then 12 years later change it up , hype it more and say "Well , if you look closely , i've never said completely that he was dead in C-Canon and in the script it was hinted that he might be dead , but was never written out , just that i wouldn't have him alive in G-Canon , but i did notice everyone liking him alot and decided to do a few movies about him"

G-Canon is GL version of whats happened , but he also knows its limited. To keep the IP alive for the fans , he's allowed C-Canon to flurish as long as it doesn't discount what he has in G-Canon.

C-Canon is for the fans to carry on the IP. It still counts and if you'll notice , even tho he stuck his nose in and said no Wookie Jedi besides Lowbacca , no other writer has gone ahead and writen a book about other Wookie Jedi. If what most of you are pointing at was true , that they can write about more Wookie Jedi at anytime with no reprecusions , then why hasn't anyone doen so? Or about Blacksabers or ore and metals that ANYONE can get that stop Lightsabers? Or about Han , Leia and Luke dying? If what you guys are suggesting is true , nothing stops tham...except the fact that GL , LA and LAL won't let them. They won't put a stamp on a noval anymore that allows even a small bit of non-G-Canon into it. If it deveates from what GL says happened , unless otherwise ok'd by GL and staff , then it can't go into a noval.

That means that by him allowing Fett to flurish in the books , he's allowing Fett to be a part of C-Canon , which means that in G-Canon the door has been left open for Fett to be alive. As we've all pointed out , its never been written into script that Fett was for 100% surely dead.

G-Canon is GL's and can't be changed by anyone but him. End of story. Its 100% lore.

C-Canon is fans and writers as long as it doesn't mess up G-Canon and can be changed by writers and GL. It can be expanded and added onto over and over untill the end of time as long as it doesn't counter G-Canon. End of story. Its also 100% lore.

not at all. I am following the rules of Canon its that simple.

As for the parallel univesre they have stated that for something to be considered C-canon it has to follow G-canon and part of G-canon is what George says. So if George says Luke never gets married and so on then that is not canon even in the EU.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

He never said Luke doesn't get married or that Fett is dead. What he says is that in his "universe" Fett is dead and Luke doesn't get married , its just not how he'd have done it. Thats what he said , not that it didn't happen in C-Canon. He has only said that his story ended with RoTJ and the 6 movies are G-Canon.

Luke getting married doesn't mess up G-Canon. Fett still being alive doesn't mess up G-Canon. Those can both be C-Canon and not mess up G-Canon. Thats the whole point here.

He said in "his story" Fett is dead , but it wasn't written , therefore if he's brought back to life in a book , its not messing up G-Canon. It just means in GL mind , the way he would have wanted it Fett would be dead , but for the fan base and for the sake of C-Canon for the fans , he lets Fett live (or he'd recon it all)

Fett should be dead, and still digesting in the sarlacc. He met the kind of end of every minor character in films, and tv. That's exactly what he was, a red shirt from ST with slightly more face time. I saw the original movie, and he was dead in my mind.

For some reason some fans latched on to him like he was special. He wasn't, and was never meant to be.

If it's not in the movies, then it's not canon. I agree with that. Everything else written after is, basically, an alternate universe imo. GL has the right to let people play in his setting, but none of it is canon if he says so. If he isn't doing so already, I hope he writes, or films, new stories that occur after ROTJ, and it invalidates everything in that trash the EU people spat out.

Fett should be dead, and still digesting in the sarlacc. He met the kind of end of every minor character in films, and tv. That's exactly what he was, a red shirt from ST with slightly more face time. I saw the original movie, and he was dead in my mind.

For some reason some fans latched on to him like he was special. He wasn't, and was never meant to be.

If it's not in the movies, then it's not canon. I agree with that. Everything else written after is, basically, an alternate universe imo. GL has the right to let people play in his setting, but none of it is canon if he says so. If he isn't doing so already, I hope he writes, or films, new stories that occur after ROTJ, and it invalidates everything in that trash the EU people spat out.

I do agree that you have the right to view the movies as the only source of SW. Thats your right and its fair. But it is limited in its view. There is alot of why/how/when/who thats not ever answered in the movies.

That also means those that believe in the EU have the right to view that as canon as well. They want more and its fair.

I actually find it a little funny, it seems Boba has more luck then Han. I mean...he just so happens to fall into a sarlacc and just so happens to meet someone who is telepathically link to it....what are the odds that you'd find someone like that? Whats funny is that, it seems that particular character was made up on the spot seeing as there is absolutely no information whatsoever on Choi nor the character. Whats more is that the guy, was in the sarlacc for 4k years lol...and somehow the sarlacc absorbed his personality?...What in the hell made the guy so special? Edited by Wolfninjajedi

you mean the same quote i have linked time and time again sure

pretty clear nothing after ROTJ isn't even C canon.

Let's take a quick look here, shall we?

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

No more movies. Knew that already.

And? That was HIS story. That was the story HE told in Star Wars. You took that whole quote out of context. He was asked about HIS story, and if there would be any more movies like he had once promised.

EDIT: Oh, and that was yet ANOTHER George Lucas lie right there. When asked in a 1980 interview shortly after ESB released, he said he had 7 more scripts already done and ready to be made into movies. And don't even bother trying to tell me I'm wrong. I saw that interview when I was 7 years old.

And just because it's something he wouldn't have done, you take that to mean it's not even C-Canon. Open your eyes, man. He APPROVED IT! So until such time as he DOES decide to write something new that takes place post-RotJ, it's C-Canon. Deal with it.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Then why are you even playing this game??? If you think ONLY the movies are Canon, then I suggest writing to George and Leland and letting them know that. Let them know that the system they came up with is WRONG! I'm sure they would love that! :p

yes it does when the Author says Fett dies in the Sarlac pit it does contradict the movie. The Author also said that nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

I'm sorry, but everything that has been officially released with a lucas trademark most certainly exists. Even the things that contradict each other.

Fett lived past ROTJ because multiple books and comics were made that said he did. By the way, the possible end of his story is coming soon in comic form.

Lucas can run his mouth all he wants, but if he's going to profit from the expanded universe then it exists. Or else we should all get our money back.

Then why are you even playing this game??? If you think ONLY the movies are Canon, then I suggest writing to George and Leland and letting them know that. Let them know that the system they came up with is WRONG! I'm sure they would love that! :p

I'm playing in an alternate universe, and take it as such. The GL universe is true canon, and everything outside that is not. If fans would accept everything outside the movies as such, they might be a little happier.

I'm not thrilled with how the various comics license their products out for movies, TV, and how they rewrite their lore all the time. At least GL said the movies are the only real canon, and he still lets others fantacize about what might be.

That's what the EU is, fantasy about a fantasy universe.

Edited by Hambunctious

I'm playing in an alternate universe, and take it as such. The GL universe is true canon, and everything outside that is not. If fans would accept everything outside the movies as such, they might be a little happier.

I'm not thrilled with how the various comics license their products out for movies, TV, and how they rewrite their lore all the time. At least GL said the movies are the only real canon, and he still lets others fantacize about what might be.

So you think of Star Wars as nothing more than comic books with better continuity??? Well, that's your right to not want the ExU to be canon. Although, in order to get that changed, you'll need to write a very persuasive letter to either George Lucas or Leland Chee. Good luck with that. ;)

I utterly disagree, I find the movies to be quite good, Lord of the Rings was better though, the Lucas canon is nothing special to me but what I do love is the expanded universe, without that, I wouldn't be a Star Wars fanatic.

That means that by him allowing Fett to flurish in the books , he's allowing Fett to be a part of C-Canon , which means that in G-Canon the door has been left open for Fett to be alive. As we've all pointed out , its never been written into script that Fett was for 100% surely dead.

No. Even after Lucas approved Fett's return in the alternate universe, he continued to say Fett was killed in RotJ. It doesn't matter that we never saw Fett die in the film or that it wasn't in the script. Lucas confirmed his death. No door has been left open. Fett died in the movie.

No. Even after Lucas approved Fett's return in the alternate universe, he continued to say Fett was killed in RotJ. It doesn't matter that we never saw Fett die in the film or that it wasn't in the script. Lucas confirmed his death. No door has been left open. Fett died in the movie.

Well, when George said he considered adding a scene where Fett climbs out of the Sarlacc, that was pretty clear to me that he approved him being alive. He said he didn't add the scene since he felt it didn't fit with the end of the movie.

Now, if they could have done a musical number around it, THEN it would have fit.

Oh, and if they had Hayden Christensen show up as the Force Ghost of Anakin! Yep! THAT FIT PERFECTLY! /sarcasm

I'm sorry, but everything that has been officially released with a lucas trademark most certainly exists. Even the things that contradict each other.

Fett lived past ROTJ because multiple books and comics were made that said he did. By the way, the possible end of his story is coming soon in comic form.

Lucas can run his mouth all he wants, but if he's going to profit from the expanded universe then it exists. Or else we should all get our money back.

sorry but that is possibly the worst understanding of how Star Wars canon works. Just because it has the star wars logo on it doesn't make it canon. It even says in the rules of canon if anything contradicts something else the higher canon item wins.

Why should you get your money back?

ROFL wait wait wait. You are only playing this game because you only play star wars games that are canon????

Do you know how many games they have created that arent' canon??

Another example of them making a EU book that isn't canon is Death Troopers. So it does happen and quite a bit but it's still considered N-canon just like Boba Fett living.

Let's take a quick look here, shall we?

No more movies. Knew that already.

And? That was HIS story. That was the story HE told in Star Wars. You took that whole quote out of context. He was asked about HIS story, and if there would be any more movies like he had once promised.

EDIT: Oh, and that was yet ANOTHER George Lucas lie right there. When asked in a 1980 interview shortly after ESB released, he said he had 7 more scripts already done and ready to be made into movies. And don't even bother trying to tell me I'm wrong. I saw that interview when I was 7 years old.

And just because it's something he wouldn't have done, you take that to mean it's not even C-Canon. Open your eyes, man. He APPROVED IT! So until such time as he DOES decide to write something new that takes place post-RotJ, it's C-Canon. Deal with it.

rofl I love how you keep flip flopping. You are worse then a politician. I think you need to reread the canon rules then come back and tell me that something George says isn't canon.

Another example of them making a EU book that isn't canon is Death Troopers. So it does happen and quite a bit but it's still considered N-canon just like Boba Fett living.

1. Death Troopers is canon. (I know, weird right?)

2. You've been proven wrong by about five different people, multiple times thoughout the thread. Just give it up.