Boba Fett is Both Dead and Alive (Technically)

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, but the concept is beyond you.

listen you can do that but you can't say that the official story of star wars is what you want it to be. You can say the story you like best or your version and so on. But not the official story.

I just find it really difficult to believe that Lucas does not believe EU to be canon at all, since at the company, there are 3 employees whose only job it is to read new novels, and make sure the continuity makes sense. To guide new and old writers in the endeavor. If they do not consider it canon at all, why would they care?

I just find it really difficult to believe that Lucas does not believe EU to be canon at all, since at the company, there are 3 employees whose only job it is to read new novels, and make sure the continuity makes sense. To guide new and old writers in the endeavor. If they do not consider it canon at all, why would they care?

continuity does not mean canon. Just because it fits into the continuity doesn't mean it happened. The Star Wars Holiday Special fits into the continuity but it's not considered canon.

The continuity matters because they are in the business of selling the books/material. If it doesn't fit in the continuity

then the fans get pissed off and don't buy it. Having things like Han Solo marring Princess Leia in one book and then never marrying her in another would create problems and fans wouldn't buy them.

So keep the contiuity is important.

Remember C-canon stands for Continuity canon.

you are almost there. Now take it one step further and show me where George has say it's C-canon. Because as per the rules of Star Wars Canon George has already said that Fetts Survival is N-canon.

GL NEVER said Fett being alive in EU was N-Canon. Closest thing he ever said to that was "In my world he's dead , thats not how i'd have done it in my world...."

If you take that further , he also talks about Vader never comes back to life (Infinity comics) , Emperor is never a clone and Luke never gets married. That would mean , if you took that as him saying all that as Canon only , then NO BOOK is C-Canon after RoTJ. If you take that quote like that , then there is no need for C-Canon cause no book is valid , they all go against GL "wishes".

Thats however is not what he ment. He just said that isn't how he would have done it. Thats it. He said Fett died in his story and Luke never got married. Thats it. He never said that Fett was dead in the EU. That means FettIS ALIVE IN THE EU!!!

End of story really.

Get over it GL fanboys!!

GL NEVER said Fett being alive in EU was N-Canon. Closest thing he ever said to that was "In my world he's dead , thats not how i'd have done it in my world...."

If you take that further , he also talks about Vader never comes back to life (Infinity comics) , Emperor is never a clone and Luke never gets married. That would mean , if you took that as him saying all that as Canon only , then NO BOOK is C-Canon after RoTJ. If you take that quote like that , then there is no need for C-Canon cause no book is valid , they all go against GL "wishes".

Thats however is not what he ment. He just said that isn't how he would have done it. Thats it. He said Fett died in his story and Luke never got married. Thats it. He never said that Fett was dead in the EU. That means FettIS ALIVE IN THE EU!!!

End of story really.

Get over it GL fanboys!!

rofl i'm a GL fanboy? come on now. thats just sad.

Btw look back a page where Leeland chee says the official story is in the movies only.

rofl I fixed i honestly thought that was your name. I never looked that close lol

NO ONE EVER ARGUED THAT LUCAS DIDN"T APROVE IT.

No where does it say Boba Fetts return is an exception. It says something ABOUT Boba Fett is an exception but it never says what.

Again how many things are approved by George Lucas that are not considered C-canon? you have yet to proide ANY proof that says otherwise.

You just proved our point for us.

You agree GL aproved Fett coming back to life in the EU right?

If thats the case , then as you pointed out.... Any change approved by GL is considered G-Canon. That actually makes Fett being alive G-Canon , not just C-Canon. Seems GL hiself just retcon'd his own movie.

And nice dodge there ..."No where does it say Boba Fetts return is an exception. It says something ABOUT Boba Fett is an exception but it never says what."....What other freakin exception do you THINK it could mean....come on!!!!

WHAT EVIDENCE?? Show me please show me.

Meanwhile you ignore George Lucas saying that Boba Fett is dead.

And you ignore where GL aproved him being alive in EU (thus making it G-Canon acording to the Canon rules set forth by GL hisself. Its stated that anything aproved by GL(verbially or through media or a median) is G-Canon , unless otherwise stated by GL (such as Star Tours , Infinity comics , Holiday Special and a few others listed as N-Canon that were previously aproved by GL UNTILL a Canon system was adapted)

which is what? the only thing people have posted is "well lucas aproved it"

great he also aproved the Holiday Special Star Wars Demolition and Star tours none of which are canon which proves just because it is aproved it doesn't mean its canon.

NO ONE has provedid a single quote where Lucas said Boba Fett is alive. Lucas's actions show that he wants him to remian dead as he has not even willing to put anything in ROTJ to say he is alive.

Yep , he aproved all those...BEFORE a canon system was out. Then when a canon system came out they were DECLARED OFFICIALLY S-CANON. But he never came forth (or anyone employed by him) and listed any book where Fett is alive as N-Canon or anything. But they did come forth and list books/comics/games that had Wookie Jedi in them , books/comics/games that have Darksabers in them , books/comics/games that had the old Jedi code in them , and books/comics/games that have armor/weapons that Lightsabers can't cut through as N-Canon , which means if he aproved Fett being alive in EU , then he could have those same books/comics/games listed as S-Canon as he did with the Infinity lable of comics. But he hasn't and according to his own rules , that makes Fett being alive C-Canon at the very least , and seeing as he came out and actually approved Fett's return for the books , that means he actually retcon's his own movie , and seeing as that was the lastest action from GL hisself , that means its the newest action in regards to Fett and RoTJ , meaning it takes precedence over RoTJ making Fett being alive G-Canon (acording to GL Canon rules , anything done/said by GL regarding G-Canon where 2 things come in conflict , the latest word on that conflict is the one used to determine Canon...Making his approval of Fett returning to the books G-Canon , and Fett dying in RoTJ S-Canon...according to GL and Canon rules that is :) )

rofl i'm a GL fanboy? come on now. thats just sad.

Btw look back a page where Leeland chee says the official story is in the movies only.

I did read that. I also (a long long time ago) read where it was stated GL works closely with authors to make sure anything put in the books fits to C-Canon. If , for say , Author A wants to make a story about Liea and Han actually being brothers and C3P0 is a DemiGod , he'd tell author A "No , that can't be cause its already stated here and here that they are married.." and so on. (also posted 1 page back) Thus , letting Fett be alive he keeps Fett as C-Canon untill such a date as he makes a statement to counter his last statement in regards to Fett (which was the aproval of Fett being alive in the EU , thus making it C-Canon at the least and to a certain point of view , G-Canon)

Yep , he aproved all those...BEFORE a canon system was out. Then when a canon system came out they were DECLARED OFFICIALLY S-CANON. But he never came forth (or anyone employed by him) and listed any book where Fett is alive as N-Canon or anything. But they did come forth and list books/comics/games that had Wookie Jedi in them , books/comics/games that have Darksabers in them , books/comics/games that had the old Jedi code in them , and books/comics/games that have armor/weapons that Lightsabers can't cut through as N-Canon , which means if he aproved Fett being alive in EU , then he could have those same books/comics/games listed as S-Canon as he did with the Infinity lable of comics. But he hasn't and according to his own rules , that makes Fett being alive C-Canon at the very least , and seeing as he came out and actually approved Fett's return for the books , that means he actually retcon's his own movie , and seeing as that was the lastest action from GL hisself , that means its the newest action in regards to Fett and RoTJ , meaning it takes precedence over RoTJ making Fett being alive G-Canon (acording to GL Canon rules , anything done/said by GL regarding G-Canon where 2 things come in conflict , the latest word on that conflict is the one used to determine Canon...Making his approval of Fett returning to the books G-Canon , and Fett dying in RoTJ S-Canon...according to GL and Canon rules that is :) )

wrong

He aproved Fett coming back in 1996

He said fett is dead as late as 2008 with the DVD release... actually 2011 with the Blu ray release.

in 2001 they said this

When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films.

sorry but Fett is dead still according to the rules of Canon.

edit: oh and C-3PO is a demi god as per ROTJ.

Edited by jarjarloves

wrong

He aproved Fett coming back in 1996

He said fett is dead as late as 2008 with the DVD release... actually 2011 with the Blu ray release.

in 2001 they said this

When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films.

sorry but Fett is dead still according to the rules of Canon.

edit: oh and C-3PO is a demi god as per ROTJ.

But in 2012 GL approved a book with Fett in it , thus making it the last statement on the Fett situation by GL Canon. (as per Canon rules , any comment made by GL (media , meduim , such as a spokesperson speaking for GL or interview) that pertains to the Canon system and SW universe is Canon and considered G-Canon unless otherwise stated so by GL. It also says the last reference in any situation is considered to override any previous statements in regard to G-Canon (such as Haden Christensen's ghost taking the place of Sir Alec Genisus (sp) as that of Vader in RoTJ or Greddo shooting first)

Thus , with GL APROVING Fett being alive in 2012 books , he is thus making Fett alive as G-Canon by his own rules.

If not G-Canon , then for sure and at the least C-Canon , by his own rules.

But in 2012 GL approved a book with Fett in it , thus making it the last statement on the Fett situation by GL Canon. (as per Canon rules , any comment made by GL (media , meduim , such as a spokesperson speaking for GL or interview) that pertains to the Canon system and SW universe is Canon and considered G-Canon unless otherwise stated so by GL. It also says the last reference in any situation is considered to override any previous statements in regard to G-Canon (such as Haden Christensen's ghost taking the place of Sir Alec Genisus (sp) as that of Vader in RoTJ or Greddo shooting first)

Thus , with GL APROVING Fett being alive in 2012 books , he is thus making Fett alive as G-Canon by his own rules.

If not G-Canon , then for sure and at the least C-Canon , by his own rules.

nope he approved fett coming back in 1996.

Show me the quote saying he approved it in 2012.

Also because he aproves something it is not canon. We discussed this already such as in Star Tours (George Never stated it was not canon or is canon he just aproved it), Star Wars Demolition and so on. It is only if George Lucas SAYS it that it is G-canon. So George Lucas would have to SAY Boba fett is alive to be G-canon as you are trying to say.

I don't know where you got this idea that if George Aproves of something its canon

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

It says nothing about him approving things makes it canon.

There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books

Remember there is a difference between Canon and Continuity. G-canon is the Offiical story of Star Wars.

C-canon is Continuity canon or things that fit into the continuity but are not necessarily canon.

Edited by jarjarloves

nope he approved fett coming back in 1996.

Show me the quote saying he approved it in 2012.

Also because he aproves something it is not canon. We discussed this already such as in Star Tours (George Never stated it was not canon or is canon he just aproved it), Star Wars Demolition and so on. It is only if George Lucas SAYS it that it is G-canon. So George Lucas would have to SAY Boba fett is alive to be G-canon as you are trying to say.

I don't know where you got this idea that if George Aproves of something its canon

It says nothing about him approving things makes it canon.

Remember there is a difference between Canon and Continuity. G-canon is the Offiical story of Star Wars.

C-canon is Continuity canon or things that fit into the continuity but are not necessarily canon.

He also stated (through a spokesperson) that Star Tours , Star Wars Demolition and a few other things (such as cross overs as in Star Wars Transformers) were S-Canon.

By GL own words , unless otherwise stated by GL his self , his approval either verbially , through media (read books or video) or a spokesperson its considered G-Canon. Approval of novals covers C-Canon (and in some cases G-Canon , such as Corresant being the Republic Home world and Aurlia Sing. When he incorperated those into his movies , it made them G-Canon even tho books were written and they were named such BEFORE he used them in the movies)

This still makes Fett alive in C-Canon , as per GL , by aproving Fett being alive in 2012 (he works closely with the authors to keep C-Canon (continuity). If he considered Fett dead , he wouldn't let them write it , just like he wouldn't let them write in another Wookie Jedi or Blacksabers or armor that ignores Lightsaber damage(shielded armor doesn't count, as in the book Scourge where a Hutt has shielded armor that a LS can't touch till the power sourse is depleated. Same as Droidakias in Eps. 1) or a book that lists the first Jedi ever as D'borg. Thus letting them write a book , yet again in 2012 , with Fett in it , means its a statement by GL considering Fett alive in C-Canon (and in a sense , retcon'ing RoTJ letting Fett be alive after RoTJ and thus making him being alive G-Canon)

At the least , he aproves of Fett being alive as C-Canon. There is no debate there. By GL own words , if he considered Fett as dead and that was the last word on it (as he does/did with Wookie Jedi) then he wouldn't aprove Fett to be in ANY books.

At the most , he rotcon'ed his self and Fett is alive at the end of RoTJ. Thus making Fett being alive G-Canon. This is debatable. It was stated that any statement considering canon , either verbially , through media (books or video) or a spokesperson , by or though GL is considered G-Canon. By aproving something and letting it be printed , he's aproving Fett being alive (through media (read books) By placing his ink on a aproval note saying its ok to write that book(s) he's allowing Fett to live and through media making it a offical statement (through media) and he hasn't retcon'd it.

He also stated (through a spokesperson) that Star Tours , Star Wars Demolition and a few other things (such as cross overs as in Star Wars Transformers) were S-Canon.

By GL own words , unless otherwise stated by GL his self , his approval either verbially , through media (read books or video) or a spokesperson its considered G-Canon. Approval of novals covers C-Canon (and in some cases G-Canon , such as Corresant being the Republic Home world and Aurlia Sing. When he incorperated those into his movies , it made them G-Canon even tho books were written and they were named such BEFORE he used them in the movies)

This still makes Fett alive in C-Canon , as per GL , by aproving Fett being alive in 2012 (he works closely with the authors to keep C-Canon (continuity). If he considered Fett dead , he wouldn't let them write it , just like he wouldn't let them write in another Wookie Jedi or Blacksabers or armor that ignores Lightsaber damage(shielded armor doesn't count, as in the book Scourge where a Hutt has shielded armor that a LS can't touch till the power sourse is depleated. Same as Droidakias in Eps. 1) or a book that lists the first Jedi ever as D'borg. Thus letting them write a book , yet again in 2012 , with Fett in it , means its a statement by GL considering Fett alive in C-Canon (and in a sense , retcon'ing RoTJ letting Fett be alive after RoTJ and thus making him being alive G-Canon)

At the least , he aproves of Fett being alive as C-Canon. There is no debate there. By GL own words , if he considered Fett as dead and that was the last word on it (as he does/did with Wookie Jedi) then he wouldn't aprove Fett to be in ANY books.

At the most , he rotcon'ed his self and Fett is alive at the end of RoTJ. Thus making Fett being alive G-Canon. This is debatable. It was stated that any statement considering canon , either verbially , through media (books or video) or a spokesperson , by or though GL is considered G-Canon. By aproving something and letting it be printed , he's aproving Fett being alive (through media (read books) By placing his ink on a aproval note saying its ok to write that book(s) he's allowing Fett to live and through media making it a offical statement (through media) and he hasn't retcon'd it.

I tried this argument on him. But according to jarjar there, his only canon is G-Canon. Everything else is NON-Canon post-RotJ. He completely ignores C and S. He takes EVERYTHING George says in the most literal sense possible, and refuses to acknowledge that George's approval for Fett's return firmly puts him in C-Canon along with the rest of the post-RotJ Expanded Universe. But then, according to jarjar, NOTHING post-RotJ is Canon at all, since G-Canon is the ONLY true Canon. He ignores George and Leland's system completely with the C and S Canons. They just don't exist to him for the post-RotJ universe. When someone is that fanatically devoted to someone he says he doesn't even like, there is no reasoning with him. Barring George Lucas himself coming on here and confirming Fett's survival in C-Canon, there is nothing anyone is going to say to convince him.

He ignored the part about George making exceptions in certain instances. Lowbacca was an exception to the No Wookiee Jedi rule. Fett's survival was kept as C-Canon after the latest Canon system was invented by GEORGE and LELAND themselves. But to jarjar, that doesn't even matter. Unless George himself says in an interview that Boba Fett is alive, then to him, Fett stays dead in ANY Canon. He can't seem to accept that Boba Fett has been alive in C-Canon since 2004 when the System was invented. When that system came into play, THAT was George's chance to say "Ok, I retract my approval for Fett to survive. He won't be in any more Star Wars books." But he didn't say that. George kept his approval in place for Fett's continued existence in C-Canon.

And for some odd reason, I have a feeling that EVEN IF George came on here or said in an interview that Boba Fett is alive and well in C-Canon, jarjar would tell George that he's wrong. I mean, jarjar compares Fett's survival to AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES! WHO THE HELL DOES THAT??????

Edited by Captain_Zone

SHOW ME. You have no proof to back that statement up that

1. Lucas ever did anything to say that is any type of canon

2. that he ever used a publicist to say that.

Show me 1 quote where it says that Lucas approving something makes it canon. SHOW ME 1.

SHOW ME 1 quote saying that anything Lucas aproves, letting something printed, or something through the media makes it canon. SHOW ME 1 SOURCE for that.

You have said that multiple times but you have yet to show 1 single source for that information.

I however have shown you sources saying how the canon ACTUALLY works. You are now just making things up.

I have no problem discussing this with you however you MUST provide sources for your statements instead of just making stuff up. Please provide some sources for your wild claims in your next response. If not then I know you are just trolling.

thanks.

I tried this argument on him. But according to jarjar there, his only canon is G-Canon. Everything else is NON-Canon post-RotJ. He completely ignores C and S. He takes EVERYTHING George says in the most literal sense possible, and refuses to acknowledge that George's approval for Fett's return firmly puts him in C-Canon along with the rest of the post-RotJ Expanded Universe. But then, according to jarjar, NOTHING post-RotJ is Canon at all, since G-Canon is the ONLY true Canon. He ignores George and Leland's system completely with the C and S Canons. They just don't exist to him for the post-RotJ universe. When someone is that fanatically devoted to someone he says he doesn't even like, there is no reasoning with him. Barring George Lucas himself coming on here and confirming Fett's survival in C-Canon, there is nothing anyone is going to say to convince him.

He ignored the part about George making exceptions in certain instances. Lowbacca was an exception to the No Wookiee Jedi rule. Fett's survival was kept as C-Canon after the latest Canon system was invented by GEORGE and LELAND themselves. But to jarjar, that doesn't even matter. Unless George himself says in an interview that Boba Fett is alive, then to him, Fett stays dead in ANY Canon. He can't seem to accept that Boba Fett has been alive in C-Canon since 2004 when the System was invented. When that system came into play, THAT was George's chance to say "Ok, I retract my approval for Fett to survive. He won't be in any more Star Wars books." But he didn't say that. George kept his approval in place for Fett's continued existence in C-Canon.

And for some odd reason, I have a feeling that EVEN IF George came on here or said in an interview that Boba Fett is alive and well in C-Canon, jarjar would tell George that he's wrong. I mean, jarjar compares Fett's survival to AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES! WHO THE HELL DOES THAT??????

“ When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films

not my words but the words of Lucas Licseining.

Is there anything post-Return of the Jedi that is G level?

Leeland- Not in the database, no. If there is anything anywhere, only George knows

Not my words but the words of Leeland Chee

You've never been on Star Tours have you? Again it is a ride made by George Lucas, ILM, and Lucas Film. It required NEW footage been filmed by George Lucas.

You seem to not understand that

1. Just because Lucas aproves something it doesn't make it canon

2. The Canon system was made so they automatically retcon things.

3. C-canon stans for CONTINUITY CANON

4. There is a difference between Continuity and Canon.

I'm still waiting for that quote that says George Lucas said that Boba fett is alive.

So there we have it, from Lucas himself to the makers of the Expanded Universe.

Confirmation Case: Boba Fett

One character that frequently comes up in the Canon Civil War is the ever-popular bounty hunter, Boba Fett.

We've already touched on Lucas's trampling of the various EU origin stories for Boba Fett, including whichever one LLP had decided was "canon" to them. Beyond that, however, there's the apparent death of Boba Fett depicted in Return of the Jedi.

In the film, a love tap from a stick wielded by a blind Han Solo activates Fett's jet pack. This causes the smooth operator's jets to fire, rocketing him away on what the script describes as his "last flight". After some distance he slams into the metal side of Jabba's barge, at which point he falls a couple of stories into the sand near the Sarlacc monster's pit. He then rolls without so much as a scream "directly into the mucous mouth of the Sarlacc", to which the Sarlacc responds with a belch. If that weren't bad enough, at least two extra minions of Jabba are flung in behind him. If that weren't bad enough, the crashed remnants of Jabba's floating barges are then piled on top, after the very large explosion which destroys them.

So, most people assume that Boba Fett is dead. However, Boba Fett became a very popular character, and appeared repeatedly in the EU. Lucas, in a 1997 MTV interview, said "I don't know why. [Laughs] I'm mystified by it. He is, he's a, I mean I think he's a, he's a mysterious character, he's a provocative character. He seems like an all powerful character, except he gets killed. Although he's gotten killed, the people who write the books, and everybody else, the comics, are all 'We cant kill him, we gotta bring him back!', you know, 'He can't die! We refuse to let him die!'"» (see also the 2mb DivX 4 video of the interview here.)

This idea that Boba Fett was killed in RoTJ is reinforced by the RoTJ DVD commentaries, in which Lucas refers to "Boba Fett's death" and calls it "a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat"». Lucas did not identify just which of the many bad things that happened to Fett that day actually did him in, but he's very clear in that, as far as he's concerned, Fett is dead.

In the Expanded Universe, however, Boba Fett was shown to be alive after the time these events would've occurred. The importance of this cannot be overstated. If Boba Fett is dead in the Canon but alive in the EU Continuity, then we have a clear example of the parallel universe idea in action. To put it another way, Lucas simultaneously accepts two separate and unequal fates for Fett. It is therefore an independent confirmation of the parallel universe concept Lucas has espoused in interviews and elsewhere. Separate histories mean separate timelines, and separate timelines mean separate universes.

EU Completists have objected, rather amazingly, that Lucas's opinion on the matter is irrelevant. They believe that since we do not technically see Boba dead in the film, then it can be assumed he is still alive. This prevents any contradiction between the film and the EU.

However, that argument is wrong on many, many levels. Besides everything that happened to Fett in RoTJ, there's the simple fact that it doesn't matter. Even if we could step into the Star Wars universe, beam Fett out of the Sarlacc, and check for a pulse . . . it simply wouldn't be of consequence whether we found one. Why? Because Lucas thinks he's dead in his movie. Five years after Fett's return in the EU, Lucas was talking about how he got "killed" in the movie. Five years after that, it was still Lucas's opinion: "in George's view -- as far as the films go -- the baddest bounty hunter in the Galaxy met his match in the Great Pit of Carkoon where --unfortunately for Mr. Fett -- the ghastly sarlacc made its home"», as Sansweet noted in 2002. So, despite the fact that "Lucas also approved Fett's comeback in the expanded universe", Lucas nevertheless continued to believe Boba to be dead in his film universe for at least a decade. Even when, with the Special Editions and DVD editions, he had the opportunity to change it, he explicitly decided not to per his DVD commentary. (And this is not a man scared to change his films . . . witness the changes to the Han and Greedo encounter in ANH.)

And so, Lucas simultaneously accepts two separate and unequal fates for Fett. Thus, despite the objection, we find ourselves at the original conclusion. Separate histories mean separate timelines, and separate timelines mean separate universes. We have it straight from Lucas and confirmed by Sansweet that these separate histories exist, and have been acknowledged as such for over a decade.

Therefore, the facts of one universe are not necessarily the facts of the other.

http://www.canonwars.com/SWCanon2-condensed.html

If you READ the sourses provided on the other pages of this thread , and READ all of the quotes and interviews and not just take bits and peices here and there for your quotes , you'll see the bigger picture here.

Read the uncondensed version of the link i just gave you , and if you quote anything from it , include the whole quote and not just part of it.

Its clearly pointed out by LC that GL considers 2 universes and both are conon. One is his ( G ) and the other isn't ( C ) and that both can exist unless one ( C ) contridicts the other ( G ). There are exceptions ( Fett ) where both can be correct. In the cases of things conflicting , movies overright all others with some exceptions ( Fett ) where GL considers some things correct in both Canon universes.

What your missions is even GL said there is 2 Canons that are correct. 1 is his ( G ) and that is what everything else has to be based off. The other is C , where it HAS to conform. Everything else falls under S , and N. S and N don't matter as they are for marketing only.

He even stated that things can't (and won't be anymore) in C-Canon unless it comforms to G canon. That means if they write it , it has to fit into G or make sure it doesn't go against G. The exception is Fett where both are correct (thats from LC who is a spokesman for GL , and if GL didn't want Fett alive in EU , LC would have had to say so.)

Its all there. So all the links and proof you ask for are there. Read them at your leasure , but all the research is there for YOU to look up as i have.

This means , as many have stated , that Fett is.....

Wait for it....

Both alive and dead.

Thats right kiddies. G-Canon , he is DEAD. C-Canon he is ALIVE. C-Canon is also canon. It CAN be counted as fact (by the individual of course) if they want the story to go further. GL said he got no prob with that , but his story ended with RoTJ.

Edited by Sniperrecon

You've never been on Star Tours have you? Again it is a ride made by George Lucas, ILM, and Lucas Film. It required NEW footage been filmed by George Lucas.

I'm still waiting for that quote that says George Lucas said that Boba fett is alive.

You do understand what this word means right? CONTINUITY...The base word is continue , meaning to keep going.

This is why its listed as so. G-Canon , C-Canon , S-Canon , N-Canon....notice they all say CANON there. There is no difference between continuity canon and canon. They are all canon , just different levels. N-Canon means its just for marketing or doesn't exist in the SW universe. This is why there is a N-Canon. If Fett was dead in both , then the novals that had him in it would fit here...for that reason.

You really need to read the whole discription of the canon system and each level. Might help you out there a bit.

Thank you for proving my point. You refuse to even acknowledge the CONTINUITY set up with the post-RotJ universe.

1. George approved Fett's return and survival for the post-RotJ Expanded Universe novels. Everything approved by either George Lucas or Leland Chee for the Expanded Universe novels is C-Canon, with the exceptions of any Star Wars novels that were retconned when the new Canon system was implemented. So unless or until George makes a movie or writes a novel set post-RotJ, the whole post-RotJ universe currently in C-Canon is going to stay as C-Canon. Also, until or unless he releases a press statement officially retconning the work, it's still C-Canon overseen by Leland Chee.

2. The Canon system was made so they could better keep track of things and stop somethng if it gets completely out of hand.

3. I know what Continuity means, and the C- in C-Canon stands for Continuity. But to you, everything post-RotJ is NON-Canon because you took George's quote about his story in the Star Wars universe completely out of context.

4. In the case of C-Canon, it's exacttly the same thing.

Your quote by Leland Chee is also taken out of context. He was talking about who has the final word on Canon. But if you take his quote as you have, then you have no choice but to ignore all other Canon set up in the system. It's a catch22 you have there. Either take the quotes in the context they were intended, or go insane because their Canon System EXISTS in spite of your view. You should probably learn how Context works when it comes to statements like that and the QUESTION that was asked to elicit that response. He said that George has the final word. Fortunately, as long as George doesn't come right out and say "No.", and has previously established approval for it to happen, then it continues. That goes for ANY ExU novels, not just Boba Fett.

This is the last time I'm going to say this, and if you ignore it again, that's on you: George said that Fett is dead in his story. Ok. We all get that. What YOU don't seem to get is that the Expanded Universe is NOT his story. It's the story by all the authors who write in it. He approved their use of Boba Fett and it's C-Canon, since it does NOT directly contradict the movies as seen on-screen.

We have already established that neither script nor novelization of Return of the Jedi pronounced Fett dead. We have also established that George made him a Canon Exception, so the authors could continue to use him after his statement of Fett's demise. That Exception took him from a potentially N-Canon status up to C-Canon, which is the minimum allowed by Leland Chee in the Expanded Universe. Other things about him may be S-Canon, such as his ever changing origin story, but his survival is C-Canon, whether you like it or not.

All that said, you may ignore George and Leland's Canon system, but please stop trying to force everyone else to do the same.

Thank you for proving my point. You refuse to even acknowledge the CONTINUITY set up with the post-RotJ universe.

1. George approved Fett's return and survival for the post-RotJ Expanded Universe novels. Everything approved by either George Lucas or Leland Chee for the Expanded Universe novels is C-Canon, with the exceptions of any Star Wars novels that were retconned when the new Canon system was implemented. So unless or until George makes a movie or writes a novel set post-RotJ, the whole post-RotJ universe currently in C-Canon is going to stay as C-Canon. Also, until or unless he releases a press statement officially retconning the work, it's still C-Canon overseen by Leland Chee.

2. The Canon system was made so they could better keep track of things and stop somethng if it gets completely out of hand.

3. I know what Continuity means, and the C- in C-Canon stands for Continuity. But to you, everything post-RotJ is NON-Canon because you took George's quote about his story in the Star Wars universe completely out of context.

4. In the case of C-Canon, it's exacttly the same thing.

Your quote by Leland Chee is also taken out of context. He was talking about who has the final word on Canon. But if you take his quote as you have, then you have no choice but to ignore all other Canon set up in the system. It's a catch22 you have there. Either take the quotes in the context they were intended, or go insane because their Canon System EXISTS in spite of your view. You should probably learn how Context works when it comes to statements like that and the QUESTION that was asked to elicit that response. He said that George has the final word. Fortunately, as long as George doesn't come right out and say "No.", and has previously established approval for it to happen, then it continues. That goes for ANY ExU novels, not just Boba Fett.

This is the last time I'm going to say this, and if you ignore it again, that's on you: George said that Fett is dead in his story. Ok. We all get that. What YOU don't seem to get is that the Expanded Universe is NOT his story. It's the story by all the authors who write in it. He approved their use of Boba Fett and it's C-Canon, since it does NOT directly contradict the movies as seen on-screen.

We have already established that neither script nor novelization of Return of the Jedi pronounced Fett dead. We have also established that George made him a Canon Exception, so the authors could continue to use him after his statement of Fett's demise. That Exception took him from a potentially N-Canon status up to C-Canon, which is the minimum allowed by Leland Chee in the Expanded Universe. Other things about him may be S-Canon, such as his ever changing origin story, but his survival is C-Canon, whether you like it or not.

All that said, you may ignore George and Leland's Canon system, but please stop trying to force everyone else to do the same.

You need to stop trying to make Straw Man Arguements. It's either you don't understand what I am saying or you know what I am saying and can't argue against it so you make a weaker arguement to try and win.

1. I AM NOT SAYING THAT C-CANON DOES NOT FIT INTO THE CONTINUITY

I'm starting to think you don't understand what continuity means. This should help you out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_(fiction)

) is consistency of the characteristics of persons, plot, objects, places and events seen by the reader or viewer over some period of time.

So in Star Wars if they said Han and Leia got married before Empire Strikes back that wouldn't fit into the continuity. But if George Lucas decides that is what happens then it is Canon however it doesn't fit into the continuity.

Like wise Star Wars Demolition is supposed to take place BEFORE Return of the Jedi. It fits into the continuity but it is not canon.

Like wise everything post ROTJ can fit into the continuity but it doesn't mean it is canon.

3. I know what Continuity means, and the C- in C-Canon stands for Continuity. But to you, everything post-RotJ is NON-Canon because you took George's quote about his story in the Star Wars universe completely out of context

ok what you said there are two different things. You say you understand what continuity means but then you say I don't think post ROTJ is canon. That's amazing but those two statements have nothing to do with each other.

First off it's not 1 quote out of context. It is SEVERAL quotes by several different people (including leeland chee) that are NOT out of context.

He has said several times that the movies are the official story. But you ignore them and just say they are out of context with out any supporting arguements.

George approved Fett's return and survival for the post-RotJ Expanded Universe novels. Everything approved by either George Lucas or Leland Chee for the Expanded Universe novels is C-Canon

Show me a source for this. Please PLEASE PLEASE show me a source that says if George Lucas aproves a novel it's C-canon.

You also seem to ignore the very critical part of G-canon which says Statements by George Lucas are considered G-canon. Now you love to bring up Lowbacca and talk about how George said he will be the only Wookie Jedi. Did George release a new movie or novel that said that? NO he didn't he just said "There will be no more wookie Jedi's." and look no wookie jedi is considered canon.

We have already established that neither script nor novelization of Return of the Jedi pronounced Fett dead.

WRONG. George Lucas THE GUY WHO WROTE THE SCRIPT. Says that Boba Fett dies there. So when they say in the script "last flight" GEORGE LUCAS meant it was his DEATH. This is backed up by THE AUTHOR OF THE SCRIPT GEORGE LUCAS.

Funny you accused me of using things out of context and there you go. In the context as the Author of the script goes it's his death.

So i think i have written enough but please I am still waiting for just 1 single quote that says "Anything George Lucas approved is C-canon"

After a couple of days you still have not been able to provide one single source for that.

For Fett to have died in the Sarlacc, his role in every post-ROTJ novel must be non-canon.

This would mean that NJO, LOTF, and FOTJ are not canon, or make no sense. Not even mentioning every comic or short story post-ROTJ that has Fett play a role.

Simply put, if Fett is dead, almost none of the continuity past ROTJ makes any sense whatsoever.

This defeats the point of maintaining a continuity, or for anyone who has worked on anything past ROTJ to have put in the effort of keeping the universe consistent.

Either Fett lives in the EU, and his life is canon, or nothing in the EU post-ROTJ is canon at all.

You need to stop trying to make Straw Man Arguements. It's either you don't understand what I am saying or you know what I am saying and can't argue against it so you make a weaker arguement to try and win.

1. I AM NOT SAYING THAT C-CANON DOES NOT FIT INTO THE CONTINUITY

I'm starting to think you don't understand what continuity means. This should help you out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_(fiction)

) is consistency of the characteristics of persons, plot, objects, places and events seen by the reader or viewer over some period of time.

So in Star Wars if they said Han and Leia got married before Empire Strikes back that wouldn't fit into the continuity. But if George Lucas decides that is what happens then it is Canon however it doesn't fit into the continuity.

Like wise Star Wars Demolition is supposed to take place BEFORE Return of the Jedi. It fits into the continuity but it is not canon.

Like wise everything post ROTJ can fit into the continuity but it doesn't mean it is canon.

ok what you said there are two different things. You say you understand what continuity means but then you say I don't think post ROTJ is canon. That's amazing but those two statements have nothing to do with each other.

First off it's not 1 quote out of context. It is SEVERAL quotes by several different people (including leeland chee) that are NOT out of context.

He has said several times that the movies are the official story. But you ignore them and just say they are out of context with out any supporting arguements.

Show me a source for this. Please PLEASE PLEASE show me a source that says if George Lucas aproves a novel it's C-canon.

You also seem to ignore the very critical part of G-canon which says Statements by George Lucas are considered G-canon. Now you love to bring up Lowbacca and talk about how George said he will be the only Wookie Jedi. Did George release a new movie or novel that said that? NO he didn't he just said "There will be no more wookie Jedi's." and look no wookie jedi is considered canon.

WRONG. George Lucas THE GUY WHO WROTE THE SCRIPT. Says that Boba Fett dies there. So when they say in the script "last flight" GEORGE LUCAS meant it was his DEATH. This is backed up by THE AUTHOR OF THE SCRIPT GEORGE LUCAS.

Funny you accused me of using things out of context and there you go. In the context as the Author of the script goes it's his death.

So i think i have written enough but please I am still waiting for just 1 single quote that says "Anything George Lucas approved is C-canon"

After a couple of days you still have not been able to provide one single source for that.

George??? IS THAT YOU????? OMG!!!!! :eek:

But seriously, HOW do you know what George meant in the script??? It's YOUR interpretation of what he meant. You misinterpret everything George says, it seems. So unless you're reading his mind, then I suggest you back the hell up and check yourself.

And as far as "Showing You" anything, you need to go READ THE RULES OF C-CANON IN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE. All Star Wars novels have to be classified as at least C in order to be published. Leland Chee is in charge of that. Sometimes they can be retconned to S and still stay in print. However, if it's retconned back to N, it's pulled.

I notice that you post very select quotes without the context of what was meant in each answer. Your extremely literal and narrow interpretation of the quotes just shows everyone that you don't want to be wrong. That's why you fail to post the question along with the quoted answer for context purposes. You want to talk about strawman arguments? You expect everyone to believe your quotes were always taken IN context, when it's obvious that they were not. All your arguments fly in the face of common sense as well. You lost the whole argument about 10 pages back, but you STILL try to force your own views on those of us who know better.

Here, I'll even post the quote on C-Canon you need to read....

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

Now. Tell us all one more time HOW Boba Fett is dead in C-Canon. He was approved for books. Books in the Expanded Universe are C-Canon. Post-RotJ novels are classified as Expanded Universe. Final argument.

EDIT: And here's the quote about N-Canon...

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

Still, Fett was approved for use in the C-Canon post-RotJ Expanded Universe. That still puts him firmly in C-Canon.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.