Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

What else is there really to say? Certainly the game may not be everything everyone had always hoped for, but neither has any other. Everyone keeps referring to features in WOW that should have been implemented within SWTOR upon launch and their terrible disappointment that they have not been in the game after a few months. It seems quite obvious that many of the same people complaining about missing this feature or that never played WOW in the first years of the game's release.

I hear many complaints about the limitation of the battlegrounds; There are a limited number, There is no competitive rankings or ranked bgs, etc. Does anyone remember that WOW had 0, nada, no battelgrounds whatsoever at launch? The only choice for PVP was flagging and heading to Tauren Mill or Southshore. Shortly afterwards, they added a total of 2 battlegrounds and a horrific ranking system that the company recalled shortly afterwards.

I hear that there is no LFG tool or cross-server involvement; Yet Blizzard went years without either feature and implemented them after they released an expansion, which required an additional purchase just to utilize the features people are screaming about not having after 3-5 months.

People constantly bicker about the shortage of flashpoints and operations, yet WOW had far less content available, and 0 raids, unless you count the 10 or 15 player dungeons which were later converted to standard 5 player instances due to the lack of depth within each of them. Blizzard saw several patches before releasing MC, and several more patches before adding a 2nd Raid instance, BWL. The only reason the instances had repeated playability was because 15 people had to haggle over the single piece of random gear that would drop after a couple of hours work.

Players will always find fault in a game which is missing a feature they enjoyed in another game, but it is ridiculous to scream out doom and gloom because you have no super power pellets in your Space Invaders game, even though they were available in the Pac-Man game that proceeded it.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I. Believe. Bio. Ware. The. Company. Behind. Star. Wars. The. Old. Republic. Had. Enough. Time. But. They. Were. Not. Able. To. Create. Something. That. Will. Keep. Players. Entertained. If. They. Do. Not. Release. A. Gigantic. Space. And. Minigame. Expansion. Pack. And. Server. Merges. Within. The. Next. Four. Weeks. The. Game. Will. Take. The. Path. Of. War. Hammer. Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

YEA lest give them time hey is cool allot of dead servers Players quiting cuz they have no one to play whit and we have the same 3 warzones for about 6+ months now oops sorry we got 1 new one omygod 1 new WZ in 6+ months wow and Open world pvp on this game is a damn joke i think allot of you guys need to give up on world pvp it will never be as good as Warhammer online or Even guildwars 2 why cuz this devs dont know how to do it and the warhammer team if they here they not giving no form of power let the warhammer team deal whit the pvp part of this game and you will have some bad *** kicking word pvp put i think you know what i KNOW FOR A FAQ bio-lazy ware and EA is not going to let them Run anything here on this junk of a game cuz if they where to this game will be better i know make no sense put dont ask me why it dont make sense i'm not lazy ware or EA i think best we can do on this game is WZ and for god sake on 6+months all we have is 4 WZ cant be real put it is all this OP AND FLASHPOINTS and only 4 WZ pvp wise this game is trash why dont all you guys go back to WARHAMMER ONLINE TILL GUILDWARS 2 COME OUT some real pvp you my even get to love warhammer online like my self and you my not even want to leave it for guildwars 2 wish i preorder god damn it even PLAYING D3 I GET MORE FUN FOR MY TIME OUT OF THIS GAME SO NO TIME TO A COMPANI THE DONT KNOW what in the blue hell they doing it hell no if i was EA i fire all of BIO-WARE YES I FIRE ALL OF THEM AND PUT MYSTHIC IN CHARGE CUZ THE DAMN GAME WARHAMMER IS 100 TIMES better all it need is more pve and it will have been the best damn mmorpg out there and thos RR rank gone

I. Believe. Bio. Ware. The. Company. Behind. Star. Wars. The. Old. Republic. Had. Enough. Time. But. They. Were. Not. Able. To. Create. Something. That. Will. Keep. Players. Entertained. If. They. Do. Not. Release. A. Gigantic. Space. And. Minigame. Expansion. Pack. And. Server. Merges. Within. The. Next. Four. Weeks. The. Game. Will. Take. The. Path. Of. War. Hammer.

Lol.

I'm happy to give BW all the time they need, so long as they refund my payments to date, and freeze their subscription until they are ready to launch.

I'm amazed at this sense of misplaced loyalty for a company who's driving purpose is to make a profit from it's customers.

I. Believe. Bio. Ware. The. Company. Behind. Star. Wars. The. Old. Republic. Had. Enough. Time. But. They. Were. Not. Able. To. Create. Something. That. Will. Keep. Players. Entertained. If. They. Do. Not. Release. A. Gigantic. Space. And. Minigame. Expansion. Pack. And. Server. Merges. Within. The. Next. Four. Weeks. The. Game. Will. Take. The. Path. Of. War. Hammer.

plz dude warhammer is doing freaking allot better then this trash all warhammer need is more pve and thos damn RR need to be gone p[vp need to be more about skills lest about gear or make it so RR ranks are even easyer to get the game do need more pve for thos players who like to pve put pvp wise the game is king and only warhammer haters hate

I am giving them time. I'm canceling my subscription and I will wait and see if the changes I'm looking for are implemented.

If they are, I will come back--in time.

If not, so long and thanks for the good memories.

I am giving them time. I'm canceling my subscription and I will wait and see if the changes I'm looking for are implemented.

If they are, I will come back--in time.

If not, so long and thanks for the good memories.

I. Agree.

When. I. Unsubbed. I. Left. With. So. Long. And. Thanks. For. All. The. Fish.

So long and thanks for all the fish

So sad that it should come to this

We tried to warn you all but oh dear

You may not share our intellect

Which might explain your disrespect

For all the natural wonders that

grow around you

So long, so long and thanks

for all the fish

The world's about to be destroyed

There's no point getting all annoyed

Lie back and let the planet dissolve

Around you

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long and thanks

for all the fish

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

They had the time before the game out to make sure the core of the game and engine were solid enough to keep people interested while they added content.

That is not the case. Once they decided Hero Engine was the engine of choice, they created their own short fuse.. and it was really only a matter of time before that exploded in their face.

Essentially the game is in the dire state it is, due to a badly designed and confused singleplayer/MMO copy paste flaky core. Everyone expected bugs, everyone expected lack of content. What we didn't expect was a shoddy attempt at a 3rd rate game based on lies, mis-selling and hoodwinking of the highest order.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

this game wont change trust me this game is dead Bio dont know what they doing and EA gave them all the power on the world wish is why Mysthic EA is not in charge of pvp on this game cuz if they where this game pvp will be 300times better world pvp wise i think in order for this game to change Bio-ware need to be taken off the table and the game need to be giving to a new team cuz BIO-WARE SUCK at anything the is not making a story

Good RPG i think some how Bioware really wanted to make kotor 3 so i dont know why not name this kotor 3 and call it a day it is Kotor 3 thes all it is no is not KOTOR 3 4 5 6 7 IS NOT is only kotor 3 the damn story toll on this game is only 1 game long theres no story on this game the is a 5 game long story so plzz thes another bull of a lie bioware toll kotor 3 4 5 6 7 8 my *** lol this game is only kotor 3 i can play this on my xbox 360 or ps3 if you make it a 8 players online rpg or somrthing like red dead redemption 16 i think it is or 32 this game was not made to have 100players online the hero engine is a damn joke of a engine and cuz of it this game will never and i mean EVER be anything other then a RPG a real bad bad bad bad one went it comes to online

@ OP

you ask us to be patient? Fair enough......the next time they come for my money....ill say the same

GIVE....JOHN SMITH....SOME TIME!

If they want my money, for the state of the game as it is now, ill just tell them to be patient .

I planned on giving bioware time, then i heard this:

1. Development Team Layoffs
  2. EA Says SWTOR isent important

I still love this games concept, but we need more level 50 content.

Swoop Racing, Pazzak, Arena, Rated Warzones.

Transfers to these "super servers" or whatever the heck they want to call them should have happened...weeks ago.

Every day that passes with people on dead servers is another nail in the coffin.

I really don't want to see this game fail but it's hard supporting it when the biggest issue has been ignored for so long.

Transfers...yesterday please...

I planned on giving bioware time, then i heard this:

1. Development Team Layoffs
  2. EA Says SWTOR isent important

I love how the priorities quote gets taken out of context. He was referring to SWTOR's priority to EA in terms of revenues. It is not the top product, that's all he meant. Get over it.

I love how the priorities quote gets taken out of context. He was referring to SWTOR's priority to EA in terms of revenues. It is not the top product, that's all he meant. Get over it.

Yeah, the problem is such information doesn't bode well for the "give BW time" argument. If a people are being laid off, and EA say the game isn't a top priority, that means the dev team devoted to SWTOR is going to be smaller, which means it's going to take more time for things to be fixed and improved, not less.

This is how it works: the more successful an MMO is, the more resources are put into it. SWTOR is certainly profitable (otherwise it would be shut down entirely), but it's obviously not as profitable as EA hoped it would be, hence money is shuffled from supporting SWTOR to whatever EA think is the next thing they're making that will be successful and turn relatively more of a profit. It's just EA min-maxing their resources.

Edited by gurugeorge

You are kinding making the OP's point for them. Xbox outsold Wii and Playstation this year for the first time, playstations network has been hacked multiple times while the Xbox has remained steady and with the new pricing model Xbox is set to break new sales records. If you had patience with MS the Xbox is now the frontrunner in consoles. See how that works?

Great observation bud and that is a exactly what will happen here. Once the kinks and convienance of playing the game is released people will be back in droves. Its not like TOR has over a Million players already :eek:

Doom sayers are the ultimate TROLLS and must be dealt with swiftly.

They have the time as far as i am concerned, i like the game and i am not going anywhere definitely.

Not to mention the fact that the game is constantly improving with frequent updates and that it has a ton of potential for the future.

I've been hearing constant complaints about Bioware and the game itself. I'm not going to lie here; I've made some of these complaints myself. Once I gave myself time to think it over, however, I realized that there's no point in being irritated. You people need to know that this is Bioware's -FIRST MMO-. They're still learning how to do it. It takes time to learn how to make sufficient patches on the first try, or to polish the game to a certain degree. As store-shelf game designers, Bioware is used to being able to fix a mistake a long while after's it's made because they notice during the development and testing process. In a video game, you have at least a couple of months of testing. In a mmo, they're rushing to put the patch out(Here, I'm not talking about the actual game, just the patch. Bioware had several months of BETA to test it). Until Bioware learns some of these skills needed to run an MMO, we will notice some issues.

On top of inexperience, Bioware is also having issues with both EA and the Mass Effect 3 ending. EA has rushed them to complete both TOR and Mass Effect 3 on time in order to compete with other titles as is what happens when you have another company calling the shots for you. When it comes to Customer support, most of the issues people have are there simply because they've never played an MMO before. I've seen people complaining about selling something they needed and not getting a warning. That's simply how an MMO is. On top of that, TOR gets THOSANDS of help requests every day. If your ticket isn't addressed immediately, or is addressed inadequately, -BE PATIENT-. Continue asking for assistance if they failed to help you and you will get your answer eventually.

For those of you whom can't even log into the game due to crashes, I don't blame you for unsubscribing.....But if you do, and actually like the game, check back in with it eventually. Chances are, they will have fixed it.

Now then, before you say that I'm a Bioware/EA fanboy, please note that I have only ever played one Bioware game which was the original KOTOR and I preferred KOTOR II to that. When it comes to EA, I have two games by them that I don't really pay much mind.

They've had 6 and a half years.

Great observation bud and that is a exactly what will happen here. Once the kinks and convienance of playing the game is released people will be back in droves. Its not like TOR has over a Million players already :eek:

Doom sayers are the ultimate TROLLS and must be dealt with swiftly.

As I will deal with you. You will recall that Microsoft made an entirely new console . . . that's the one that is selling. Perhaps after Bioware/EA shuts the doors on this particular mediocrity they'll get their acts together and produce something worth playing regularly.

I agree with the OP. Give them time. I prefer this game 10000000 times more than WoW. And I played WoW for a long, long time.

This game is interesting, it's fun, I CAN find groups when I need to.

But see, I'm PATIENT.

I don't care if Bioware began this game back in 1990 with 22 years to twink it.

I don't care about raiding (been there, done that in EQ times 100). I don't care if there are bugs (I still finish class stories with bugs...looking at you end of chapter 1 in Agent story). I don't care if Kira keeps stabbing herself in the face with her lightsaber.

The voice acting is amazing. The stories are intriguing. The swish swish of light sabers makes me feel like I'm in Star Wars. The companions make me feel more immersed in my characters.

I've played many MMOs and in those MMOs I didn't give a crap about my character. It was just a bit of pixels I played to kill stuff. In SWTOR I FEEL for my characters.

In the Sith Warrior story when I found my companions unconscious in the airlock bay, I was furious and took the DS hit to make the boss suffer as much as I could. No one ****s with my companions and gets away with it!

In the Agent story, I was livid throughout all of chapter 2 when my agent was being mentally ***** throughout and I couldn't tell a damn person what was happening.

Bountyhunter. Torian was kidnapped and made me see red when I had to go rescue him from people who thought they were hot ****.

Bountyhunter chose the DS option to put as many bullet holes as possible in Gault's double because he pissed me off so much in my quest to obtain him.

THAT is why I continue to pay and play and care about nothing else but this game. I'd rather play this game than have hot lovings with my husband.

I feel more hatred, humor, love, sorrow, etc in this game than I do in real life.

Hmmm. You know, books are pretty cool, too; many (most) have better stories than the ones presented in SWTOR. And you dont have to deal with all those bugs you mentioned while getting your fix.

OH, and by the way . . . you're not patient, you're insane.