Wait so.. people dont like voidstar?

Motoeric

This has always been my favorite one.

Whether it be the most interesting as you fight you way through the map making it feel unique and the area changes as you go,

or the fact that it has the most uptime for fighting,

one of the best map layouts making for interesting positioning of ranged and melee and plenty of stuff to use for LoS.

Also your fighting inside an ancient imperial cruiser.. whats not to love about that setting?

Why dont people like this map?

Edited by Motoeric

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Too easy to defend with a decent team with people knowing what to do.

2) Range classes have huge advantage here since 2 doors are so close to each other.

3) Both 2 reasons above lead to long and boring or even frustrating fights when there are 2+ healers on both side. No one or just few dies and a tie game after 14 mins.

Edited by utuwer

Know what I hate....

"Press Spacebar to Continue"

AND

Intro Movies

AND

Being randomly once out of every 5 matches of Voidstar getting put on a speeder that flies around the warzone at a sedate 1mph while I pound my head into my desk in boredom.

The whol having to press SPacebar to continue is DUMB... You don't have to do that on Huttball or Civilwar why do I have to do it on Novare and Voidstar... So... I understand the intro cutscene/movie the 1st time you do something, but once I've watched it once its just another annoyance that takes longer (only seconds im sure) to load times and makes me smash my spacebar with a 10lb sledge hammer over and over....

Yes I am over reacting but I would pay an extra $10/month to avoid all "Spacebar to Continue" and all the video cutscenes after the 1st time they play. This includes the operations/FPs with cutscenes and Spacebar to continue and the WZs

kthxbai

On my server the fights don't ever seem to go anywhere, which is especially frustrating as a healer, because it just feels like I'm trying to keep people alive for nothing. If people play well, but don't coordinate especially well (pug), then it's just a zergfest at the first doors. No one can ever cap.

I actually hate the new map.

I'm ok with voidstar.... For me it's just a map that is there not my fav, but not my most hated either.

And in some sick way for some odd reason I miss hutball.

:(

Edited by Ahebish

Its frustrating with a bad team just like every other wz out there so many play voidstar with strictly dps in mind and dont watch the freaking doors..

It's called medal farming.

Even if you are on a scrub team if you manage to pull in enough medals you can still get a decent com gain out of the loss.

Noone likes to lose of course but for me, I go in with the intention of getting medals... if I have a chance to contribute to a win or a score I will but otherwise coms are my first priority. That simply hasn't changed with the changes to the medals/coms system at least not for me.

Win lose doesn't matter to me at all.

The problem i have with it is if you manage to open first door then its 50% chanse that defending team will never make it to dorr 2, 3 before it detonated, so change so defend lockout start ~10sec after bridge is open for door 2.

Make it so at 1 door the set timer is 5sec, door 2 7-8sec door 3 10sec, simple harder and harder the longer you come/easyer to defend the closer to the end.

1) Too easy to defend with a decent team with people knowing what to do.

2) Range classes have huge advantage here since 2 doors are so close to each other.

3) Both 2 reasons above lead to long and boring or even frustrating fights when there are 2+ healers on both side. No one or just few dies and a tie game after 14 mins.

1. Ranged has just as much advantage as meele inthe map. The last doors are harder to defend.

2. Lol so now even healers means a bad game *** man....Hey BW give all dps a one kill button so they dont complain.

Tied games are the best for medals.

Frustrating that.. your expected to last 8seconds without being stopped.

if your lacking defense on that door they will probably zerg you down and have many jump on the bomb plant.

if your trying to zerg a door expect aoe to stop you. which may i add is mainly what ruins this for me... aoe should NOT prevent it. only aoe stuns/knockbacks etc. 3sec plant time.. should be increased to 5second.. and again just damage from aoe should not prevent the effect. teach people to use slows and time knockbacks correctly.

the idea is fine.. but the way it's actually working out.. just irritates me to the brink of nerdrage :jawa_mad:

I hate it because the spawn timer is far too long..

Its so frustrating to be waiting for the spawn to open and then you get the 'You must leave the protected area' message..Ussually will just quit the warzone when that happens...

I used to like Voidstar, even more so than Hutball! But, I guess more people have better gear now, better tactically( I use this term losely) and less people are going in solo and more so in a premade.

I have no idea if on our Server on the Empire side, that we are seriously lacking in numbers (regarding healer's) or alot of Republic's have rerolled healers, as it just seems we come up against 2/3 healer's every single WZ, and we're lucky to scrape in with 1 decent healer.

Also, Voidstar does revolve quite abit around luck! You can wipe out the enire team but if you Start/Finish the clearing of the opposing team at the wrong time, it's back to square one, which is really frustrating at the best of times, especially when you're fighting against good healer's!

The change's brought in for 1.2 to Voidstar was great, but I feel there's still room for improvement. Maybe a reduction on planting, maybe moving the door's further away from each other so range can't easily cover both door's along with Healer's and Force Charger's and so on and so forth...

I don't see anything happening with nerfing the healer's again... Firstly, I don't think this is the answer and secondly I don't think they(the Healer's) would allow it!

I feel something needs to be changed within the mechanics of the WZ rather than taking it out on a paticular class(s)!

Edited by Lagz

I don't like VS because of the amazingly bad players on my server. For me its basically always the fear of seeing the bomb planted message, even if there are 4 people at the door.

And after the first door is blown its nearly always game over in PUGs, as people tend to zerg in the corridors allowing door2 and final plant to happen if one or two stealthers sprint through.

VS has the highest frustration potential for me.

I like Voidstar but because I mostly PUG it can get pretty frustrating at times. Most sound attack strategy it's not to attack one gate though. Best way is to attack right down the middle denying defenders mobility between the 2 objective gates, isolating the weaker side then clear and plant. I've seen very few doing that however, despite me advertising every single time. Just a few days back I had a game where we decimated the opposition but, because, after clearing the bomb site, people stayed on the far flanks, defenders got back on the fray just to interrupt and then die. We lost to a ninja cap when we were defending :p. Boy that felt bad!

All in all not a bad war-zone when your team plays for objectives and not for the comms.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

The defense spawns should not be on top of the doors. They are so close that they have to make the door lock 30 seconds... which feels like an eternity. The warzone is infuriating to play with a pug on defense. Offense is kind of fun.

Surprise surprise, healers and ranged LOVE zergstar. :rolleyes:

The map is TERRIBLE. Boring uninspired design with LOS pillars positioned eavenly troughout with convenient heal buffs near by. NO THANKS. The map usually degenerated quickly in to a ************ of healers and ranged dps standing in a bunch around the pillars.

Not only does the design of it suck, the randomness of the spawntimer frequently makes or breaks the game.

This map desperately need individual spawntimers implemented.

For me the frustration is at the timed doors. It's a major element to Voidstar that requires mostly luck. If you're on offense you hope to get as many people behind the door near the beginning of the timer yet there's no easy way of knowing when the timer starts. And there's no point in caring when the timer starts since it doesn't help you defeat anyone. So basically all you can do is hack'n slash and hope that if your team manages to get 3 or 4 kills in a row when the timer on the door just started so they can't just run back into the fray.

And it's the opposite on defense. I've played defensive rounds where the timing of my deaths were spot on. And therefore it was actually better for me to die and respawn with full health and run right back into the fray. Other times I'm near the beginning of the timer and therefore affect the match less. It's based too much on luck for me.

Edited by WBTronix