(New Content Patch) Allies -- 1.3 announced ?

Muskaan

A content pack is an update. The first was already pushed live. The second, 1.3, is planned to make it to the live servers by the end of the first quarter, by the end of June.

Actually, 1.3 would be the third. Rise of the Rakghouls (1.1) was the first, Legacy (1.2) was the second. 1.3 would be the third.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, 1.3 would be the third. Rise of the Rakghouls (1.1) was the first, Legacy (1.2) was the second. 1.3 would be the third.
Rise of the Rakghouls was not part of the fiscal year's first quarter, though. Edited by HeavensAgent

Maybe instead of cross realm/server LFG tools they'll just let us group with all of our companions at the same time, I mean to me they feel more like "allies" the the players do ;)

1.3 doesnt have cross server LFG tools. Itll first be a LFG tool within your server.

Maybe instead of cross realm/server LFG tools they'll just let us group with all of our companions at the same time, I mean to me they feel more like "allies" the the players do ;)
Multiple companions is not possible as part of an update coming in the current fiscal quarter. It would require the entire game be balanced for varying player power curves. As such it's likely not possible at all, but definitely not by July.

If they are sticking to the original patch plan then the Ally in 1.3 is

HK-51

, but they said 1.3 is going to be a non content patch so they may have changed the plan.

Edited by DarthZaul

Frank Gibeau: We have a very aggressive release plan of content for the rest of the year and beyond. It's mainly focused in on adding a lot of new elder game content around PVP, around achievements, a lot of other features that the fanbase is asking for. There's also support that will be given to guilds, a lot of features and components that they are requesting as well.

Frank Gibeau: We have a very aggressive release plan of content for the rest of the year and beyond. It's mainly focused in on adding a lot of new elder game content around PVP, around achievements, a lot of other features that the fanbase is asking for. There's also support that will be given to guilds, a lot of features and components that they are requesting as well.

Drool.... pvp content (I hope revamped Ilum and RVR-style stuff!) :D. Where is that quote from? EDIT: Found it on darthhater.

Edited by Ancen

The title of the patch was announced today by EA, but BioWare knows more of what will specifically be in the patch. With that being said, let's hope the patch drops late this month or June. We need it!!

If they are sticking to the original patch plan then the Ally in 1.3 is

HK-51

, but they said 1.3 is going to be a non content patch so they may have changed the plan.

When did they say this? Aside from what you mentioned, the Legacy panel in game now still shows several things as coming in 1.3, and I've read about another new Flashpoint and Operation that are supposedly in 1.3. Haven't seen anything about it being a non-content patch.

I dont care about guild alliances gw2 is coming soon and we need open world pvp going here before its to late. Quit screwing around uuuugh such stupid nonsense swear.....
There's no real demand for open world PvP any longer. As much as I hate to say it, the new generation of gamers has no interest in that particular play style.

Perhaps the most telling thing, coming from Ken Barker, interim CFO: (emphasis by me)

Let me provide you with an update on Star Wars:

Through the end of the quarter, approximately 2.4 million units have sold through. In our last

call we indicated that we had 1.7 million active subscribers, and as of the end of April we now

have 1.3 million, with a substantial portion of the decrease due to casual and trial players

cycling out of the subscriber base, driving up the overall percentage of paying subscribers.

We have already launched a number of initiatives designed to grow subscriptions. The initial

responses have been positive and we are encouraged by the gaming community’s reaction.

In summary, we delivered an extraordinary launch of a solidly profitable long-term franchise,

which contributed to both our gross and operating margin improvements in fiscal 12. We expect

this title will further expand our margins in fiscal 13 as we get the full year benefit of subscription

revenue.

Let us give you two additional points of perspective as it relates to our current subscriber base

and its impact on our fiscal 13 guidance. First, the current number of active subscribers, 1.3

million, is very consistent with the original assumptions we made when we acquired BioWare in

2008. Second, while this franchise is very profitable, it only represents a mid-single digit

percent of our total profitability in fiscal 13.

My "tin-foil" translations:

1. They're making enough money off it ($19.5 million gross per month) that it's covering costs. The 2.4 million boxes covers, say, $100 million of the production cost of $300 million. EA happy.

2. The "it only represents a mid-single digit percent of total profitability" is a defensive statement, and also shows that they are either planning on potential failure of the game, or trying to find any way to explain their investment not living up to the hype.

Their shares are on a downward skid, and for a company to release big-name titles like Mass Effect 3 and SW:TOR to lose money... wow.

Since "Legacy" was 1.2.... Logic would dictate that the name never heard before that's listed at the same point would be 1.3...

but they have said that 1.3 will have more legacy stuff... so... 1.3 = LFG and more legacy

1.4 = allies?

OK, granted. That said April is traditionally the start of the fiscal year for most companies, and considered the standard as a result. I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I've never looked into it to be honest.

Tax year ends in April (atleast in the UK it does) so many companies use the end of the tax year for the end of their financial year. Since they'd have to tally everything up anyway for the tax man it saves them some work and keeps stuff tidy.

At least thats why the companies I worked for did it, but they aren't anywhere near the size of EA :D

Your statement is completely incorrect, though. Fiscal calendars always start the new year in April. As such Q1 is always April through June.

thanks for yet another comment going into nowhere fast....

Edited by amnie

Actually Fiscal Year starts whenever the heck you want it to start, not necessarily April 1.

Just an FYI for you - I'm not sure what their statement was hoping to accomplish either :p

Edit: Ninja'd by Moutlael

well, nobody asked me, or did they?

I am merely trying to say 'oh look there is nothing with 'allies' in 1.3'... not forgetting to mention 1.2 was supposed to be released in march, and we all know how well that worked.

Wouldn't tools like cross server warzone and flashpoint finder help you better find "allies" to do content? Combine that with server transfers to get on more populated servers to find more "allies" to play with. Sounds like the perfect name for 1.3.

Agreed !:rak_02: MMO=people playing with others!! & not playing a single player game all day for $15 a month !we all can play single player games all day without paying for it !! do not get me wrong i enjoy the game but ....i pay to play a MMO !!!

Perhaps the most telling thing, coming from Ken Barker, interim CFO: (emphasis by me)

My "tin-foil" translations:

1. They're making enough money off it ($19.5 million gross per month) that it's covering costs. The 2.4 million boxes covers, say, $100 million of the production cost of $300 million. EA happy.

2. The "it only represents a mid-single digit percent of total profitability" is a defensive statement, and also shows that they are either planning on potential failure of the game, or trying to find any way to explain their investment not living up to the hype.

Their shares are on a downward skid, and for a company to release big-name titles like Mass Effect 3 and SW:TOR to lose money... wow.

They aren't losing money! This is the part that is funny to me. In fact for the first in a long time with the sliding share price EA is now considered a solid BUY stock on MSNBC right now.

I really hope there's something PvE related in 1.3 other than the group finder. They can't expect us to be content with a 4 boss operation and 2 difficulty modes for another 3 months. I really, really hope that they aren't that stupid, but then again just this morning they removed the matrix cubes....

And before anyone says "if you haven't cleared the current content don't ask for more". I may not have cleared HM denova, but I would at least like some new content to look forward to while doing the current stuff.

Edited by The-Vortex

Tax Reasons.

Tax reasons are always what dictate when someone starts their Fiscal Year.

The company i work for, for example, has their Fiscal year starting in September to get Tax breaks for all the college kids we hire in the summer.