(New Content Patch) Allies -- 1.3 announced ?

Muskaan

No offense, but I think "Chat Bubbles" is the least of their worries...I doubt anyone is quitting the game because they haven't implemented chat bubbles...

It's one of the reasons I and other roleplayers have quit. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no real demand for open world PvP any longer. As much as I hate to say it, the new generation of gamers has no interest in that particular play style.

Lol, speak for yourself, I don't know if I've seen a dumber statement all month. This game will probably die regardless, but world pvp is make or break for pretty much ANYONE on a pvp server.

It's one of the reasons I and other roleplayers have quit. ;)

lack of chat bubbles kills immersion and impacts community. Just another thing customers expect from MMO's that bio-ware didnt care to provide.

Lol, speak for yourself, I don't know if I've seen a dumber statement all month. This game will probably die regardless, but world pvp is make or break for pretty much ANYONE on a pvp server.

I would love open world PvP if it was on a massive scale and not a massive lag fest.

My guess is LFG tool, Start of server transfers (this wouldnt have to be directly related to the patch really), Possibly new FP and Nightmare EC. Doubt there'll be a new ops, but I wouldnt complain if there was :D

They did say 1.3 would have less content, not no content, just a bit leaner was their words i believe. So yeah ^^ looks good tbh. All I really want is Transfers + lfg tool + rated wz + nightmare EC. But I want a lot of stuff :p

Have you failed to notice the success rate of RvR/open world PvP games over the past five years? Have you chosen not to pay attention to the reception of open-world PvP elements in all titles in the industry? The evidence is both undeniable and consistent with generational identity; there is no new demand for open-world PvP, and the existing demand is dwindling.

If this patch doesnt address the population balance I am afraid even more people will leave.

By calculations made in another thread, to balance population they need to effectively halve the number of servers. Unfortunately that would end up as the following headline--

"EA/Bioware cuts half the servers within 6 months of SWTOR release"

That, unfortunately, would end up being tremendously bad publicity for SWTOR, however illogical it may be.

By calculations made in another thread, to balance population they need to effectively halve the number of servers. Unfortunately that would end up as the following headline--

"EA/Bioware cuts half the servers within 6 months of SWTOR release"

That, unfortunately, would end up being tremendously bad publicity for SWTOR, however illogical it may be.

Surely what they'll do is free server transfers, hope that the servers fill up and keep the other ones open for new players to head to?

I remember WoW back in the day was constantly doing free server transfers - for about the first 1-3 years of its existence.

First sorry for my english.

Now

ok. It is simple. Really. All u have to do -3 things.

1. Flashpoint group finder. And u have to do it cross server. And dont tell me crap like "we dont want to do it as cross server because of authenticity of every server, unique player experiance, bla bla bla". Fact is- It sounds good, but it does not work. Right now many servers are dead and ppl there stuck. And group finder of one server wont help a lot. And u will do it. Eventually. Trust me.

2. Server transfer (free and pay).

3. Operations group finder. And do it also cross server

about 1 and 3. Blizzard proved that it works. Of course some elements, some game spirit (trying ot find a group for 3 hours) are lost, but benefits of these changes are tremendous.

No need for some legacy crap (though i admit that is it fun) no more flashpoints and operations, just give an average causal players a chance to play and see all flashpoints and operations. This is your priority i think.

Edited by parvoos

ok. It is simple. Really. All u have to do -3 things.

1. Flashpoint group finder. And u have to do it cross server. And dont tell me crap like "we dont want to do it as cross server because of authenticity of every server, unique player experiance, bla bla bla". Fact is- It sounds good, but it does not work. Right now many servers are dead and ppl there stuck. And group finder of one server wont help a lot. And u will do it. Eventually. Trust me.

2. Server transfer (free and pay).

3. Operations group finder. And do it also cross server

about 1 and 3. Blizzard proved that it works. Of course some elements, some game spirit (trying ot find a group for 3 hours) are lost, but benefits of these changes are tremendous.

No need for some legacy crap (though i admit that is it fun) no more flashpoints and operations, just give an average causal players a chance to play and see all flashpoints and operations. This is your priority i think.

Could not agree more ;)

I'll laugh if it turns out to to be an actual "Alliance" tool...

... where you can become allies with another guild.

Because we all know it's important to have guild allies in a faction based game!

I'll laugh if it turns out to to be an actual "Alliance" tool...

... where you can become allies with another guild.

Because we all know it's important to have guild allies in a faction based game!

A long, long, long time back when people were following the development of the game, guild alliance was something that was vehemently promised by Bioware. Looks like it (like almost everything else abt the game) ended up in the "wall-of-crazy".

Is this confirmed?

it was leaked months ago and a few yellow people have hinted to it. It was posted then BW quickly tried to hide it. I think its more than rumors but its not a "yes/no" confirmation yet. They also hinted at rakata prime and varl as planets.

Edited by -Sidac-