Disable Error Text

lawrenceodonnell

/signed.

Competitive dpsing requires the player to spam abilities so they trigger the exact moment they are available.

I know I have no macros I'm trying to get abiliteis off before the other guy does so I spam them right before they are cooled down, also the red text from not ready yet, not in front of you and not enough rage are also displayed. Thats 5 lines of text right in the middle of the screen.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I have no macros I'm trying to get abiliteis off before the other guy does so I spam them right before they are cooled down, also the red text from not ready yet, not in front of you and not enough rage are also displayed. Thats 5 lines of text right in the middle of the screen.

Seriously, I can't even see my health bar most of the time.

Bioware, why have you not made a comment on this? No one is going to be mean or say bad things about you, (right guys?) just wanna know what's going on with this red text option.

To use an analogy, it's like getting a great big chocolate cake for your birthday, only for someone to climb up on the table, drop their drawers and take a dump on it, right in the centre.

Please, the option to disable the red error text. Thanks.

/Signed

If Mythic/EA/Bioware listened to the people, we'd be playing Dark Age of Camelot right now.

Stop listening to all of the hipsterish backpacking gamers (and fire the ones you employ) and realize that World of Warcraft is/has/will be the #1 mmorpg for a reason. That reason being your failure to realize that WoW is the most user friendly/customizable mmo to ever exist and do everything in your power (3 million dollar budget) to make sure your games are NOTHING like World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is just as crappy as your Warhammer in space, and when you lose all of your subscribers (again) and sit there in your ultra gray cubicle of imagination wondering why people would rather play Blizzard's piece of crap game vs YOUR piece of crap game, it's because people can customize WoW ui (user friendly) and can COMFORTABLY play their crappy mmo.

You're trying to be different in the wrong ways. Imagine SWTOR, but in WoW. Imagine DAoC, but in WoW. Imagine Warhammer, but in WoW. Flame me and tell me to go play WoW with the rest of the 16 million people going back, or agree with me and fix your game because I really really really don't want to go back to WoW.

Just look at WoW as a basic engine to make something MTHRFKN AMAZING and you will win the masses and keep the masses.

Hugs and kisses.

your asking bioware to turn off text so you can spam your buttons and see.

but if your posting in here and you dont have a third party macro program i can promise you that if you get your wish you will be making another topic very quickly.

not to mention spamming = eventual panic. and if you panic you lose.

deep down you know why you are not getting an answer.

this is one of the thank god for unanswered prayers unless they release an in game macro maker

that red text is the only reason in not using macro's and im sure im not the only one.

Please take the 5 min of coding it would take to allow a customer to "suppress" the sea of red error codes that pop up on the screen. There's obviously a command that says display error code "Not Ready Yet", add another simple line in there that says "true / false"...meaning if the player wants to see them or not.

I know I've stated this too simply, but I can't imagine any player gets any continued benefit out of these error codes after the first few days of playing.

but if your posting in here and you dont have a third party macro program i can promise you that if you get your wish you will be making another topic very quickly.

this is one of the thank god for unanswered prayers unless they release an in game macro maker

that red text is the only reason in not using macro's and im sure im not the only one.

Wow, you must hit all of your dps abilities off cool down at 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

All while playing the piano and doing the dishes.......

http://youtu.be/HMFHMBi8BcA

Edited by Deflective

I think you're missing the point, playing this game for a couple days you'll quickly figure out any of the "error codes" or "notification messages" that pop up. I know when a target in out of range, thus my spell didn't cast; I don't need to be told that right in the middle of the screen. I should be able to choose to see them or not...or at least allow me to move it somewhere else.

To your point, I don't think this is a feature that adds any or takes away anything in the game. People that are going to use macro's are going to no matter what...same as people spamming a cooldown.

It just a clunky method of notification. The game has so many well thought out designs and to have this type of notification show up in the middle of the screen like that just shows a lack of judgement.

I'm curious if that notification is beneficial to gameplay, meaning is a player going to change what they are doing because of it. If a target is out of range and you need the notification to tell you that in order to make your next choice....well, I'm just not sure what to say.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this notification. Thank god it's there. "Target is Dead"

It's a good thing the notification popped up...otherwise I would have been there all night.

All kidding aside, I understand the need to notify of certain things. But seriously, I think the notifications need a serious overhaul.

Page 10 and you're still being nice to these dudes. It's the same old story with EA every time.

Make game - get money - game isn't good enough to keep WoW players - check email every couple weeks from topless boat party - girls leave boat, need more money - repeat.

Just merge all of the servers to house the 2k players leftover and celebrate your 10th anniversary with an awesome news update on how you're gonna make the game better but never actually do it.

I'm a fortune teller, watch.

Death by panda.

Dark Age of Camelot - Warhammer - Age of Conan - Aion - Rift - Guild Wars - Eve Online - Darkfall - Champions Online - DC Universe Online -City of Heroes - Lord of the Rings Online - World of Tanks.....

List never ends.... WoW still #1 because all of these people don't understand why.

Make an excuse why it's okay your game isn't #1. Just make a new game!

It's funny some kid in a mud hut somewhere is closing in on 2200 rating on his rogue while some dude with a rig that can launch a shuttle into orbit is having trouble at the loading screen in SWTOR.

But keep those nice respectful posts coming because I'm sure it must be stressful living in another mmorpg's shadow with all that money to blow.

As a marauder trying to make sure Deadly Saber is active for the maximum amount of time while trying to do the maximum amount of damage with my other abilities causes me to key spam a little. In the middle of the fight, the red error messages will populate my screen and won't be able to see my target as well. I would just like an off switch for the combat error messages. I know that this would be hard to implement for all error messages ('Too far away from vendor', 'Insufficient Credits'), but is there any way we could get rid of the combat errors?

Humans have a reaction time of a few tenths of seconds, can't react instantly to external triggers (and if you think differently you're just plain wrong).

Those who are NOT "spamming" the button of an ability who's cooldown is about to finish are either:

1) Not using their class at their fullest potential, loosing precious time by looking for a cooldown to end, THEN pressing the button (and you loose your reaction time doing nothing)

2) They're not human, and therefore they should stop posting about how lame US poor mortals are playing by spamming our buttons with our human fingers... ;)

As for myself: when CD is about to expire i spam the button 2 to 3 times until the ability is triggered. If you pass from one ability to the next one.... here it comes the wall of red text spam.

Please, Bioware, allow us to turn this off.

It's either useless and annoying.

Edited by MarioCrisa