What's Killing SWTOR?

Shockazilla

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect GW2 till late summer early autumn...and as a beta tester I can tell you; it has just as big a hate machine as SWTOR does...that is the in thing to do now, not actually play games just rage against them on forums

I'm testing it too, and my comment was meant as a joke, you know, TOR merges will be so slow that GW2 will be out.

SWtoR has alot of problems

But IMO having NO MEANINGFUL Endgame PvP/RvR is killing the game faster than anything...pvpers hit 50 and have a whopping 4 meaningless warzones to play in...thats not endgame pvp, thats capture the flag for 10 minutes

If you would like to know what I mean by meaningful endgame PvP/RvR...go read the Dark Age of Camelot Wiki-x

Then why does DaoC have an estimated 25 000 subscribers, if it's the paradise of PvPers? Why not 250 000? Why isn't Bioware-Mythic doing DaoC 2? Why is WAR almost dead with it's world RvR?

Because PvPers speak one thing and do another.

Where is all this hate? People keep saying GW2 is getting bad reviews, but "as a beta tester", I can tell you I've yet to see the hate...

It's silenced. Everytime someone dares to criticize GW2 on a bigger forum or in a game media article, hordes of GW2 fans launch themselves there to silence that unfortunate person. To GW2 fans all criticism towards GW2 is forbidden and they are fanatically zealous. Just Google for yourself with "Guild Wars 2" and "criticism".

It's one thing: They made one horrible mistake.

They made it too easy to level. You can do half the quests in an area and out level that area. No, you should've had to do all quests, some pvp, and some space combat missions before you outgrew a level. I'm not suggesting they made it grindy...no, they clearly had enough content to extend the time it takes to level.

There were too many level 50s in under a week after launch.

It's supposed to take about 2 months to get to max level. This gives the developers time to fix bugs and have new content in the works before people are max level.

Now they'll be playing catch up forever. They'll never be able to create enough content. They'll release a content patch, people will clear in a week, or maybe do another grind. Then people will have to wait 1-2 months for a patch to release.

Many more people will realize this in 6 months.

This game doesn't have a chance.

It's ridiculous to claim that the end-game is too easy. I can say from experience that it isn't. The Operations for example are in normal mode harder than the raids in vanilla WoW.

It's one thing: They made one horrible mistake.

They made it too easy to level. You can do half the quests in an area and out level that area. No, you should've had to do all quests, some pvp, and some space combat missions before you outgrew a level. I'm not suggesting they made it grindy...no, they clearly had enough content to extend the time it takes to level..

The intention was that you can level by several different routes not having to do everything. It was not a mistake, it was intentional, an attempt to give freedom of choice.

1) Not enough people on the server(s), hence noone to play with/against

2) PVP is a mess; (commando is broken, operative shoehorned into a healer etc.), stuns are abit over the top (it's really not fun to lose control of your character and the only way to get out of it is on a 2 minute cooldown..) etc.

3) No cross server warzones / LFD (leads to issue 1)

4) Starting alts to see the story gets tiresome when I have to slog through the same side quests again and again and again ad nauseum. I only want to see the main class quest.

5) Travel times (better, but still pretty crap)

6) Performance issues; slow loadtimes, wierd things with sound / graphics, and complete system freezes.

This is what I just put in my "reasons for cancellation" message. Entirely subjective on my part, but still a dealbreaker for me.

Adieu!

The intention was that you can level by several different routes not having to do everything. It was not a mistake, it was intentional, an attempt to give freedom of choice.

It was a mistake. Did you not read the rest of my post? Where I explain why it was a mistake, and how it's lead to this situation.

Being able to get to level 50 in a week is a horrible mistake.

It was a mistake. Did you not read the rest of my post? Where I explain why it was a mistake, and how it's lead to this situation.

Being able to get to level 50 in a week is a horrible mistake.

A lot of people were complaining in the early months after the launch right here on the forums that the leveling was too slow.

4) Starting alts to see the story gets tiresome when I have to slog through the same side quests again and again and again ad nauseum. I only want to see the main class quest.

This. I'm struggling with wanting to see the story for my alts but how many times do I have to kill frickin wamp rats? Especially as some planet quest lines require you to run back and forth and back and forth....

/hate tatooine

I got from 49-50 in 3 hours. That's way too fast.

I wonder what on earth you did. It took close to a ten hours for me.

People are also customed to the quick leveling in current WoW, where you are just flown past the pre- current expansion content thanks to massive amounts of XP.

I have to agree with the levelling speed comments.

I remember seeing level 50s in the first week of early play. Obviously, once these folks hit 50, there wasn't much for them to do. BW acknowledged this and started developing more content for level 50. Unfortunately, all this content for level 50 doesn't seem to have been QA'd anywhere near enough, and we've now got the ridiculous situation where fixes designed to keep high level players are creating bugs and crashes that are completely ruining the experience for everyone, whatever their level.

I don't know if speed levelling is the fault of BW for not making levelling hard enough, or whether the fault lies on the shoulders of those who rushed to level 50 in a week (I mean, how much content do you miss hitting level 50 in a week?).

Either way, 400k subscribers gone in 3 months? I don't care what BW / EA say, that's pretty indicative of a problem to the outside world!

I wonder what on earth you did. It took close to a ten hours for me.

People are also customed to the quick leveling in current WoW, where you are just flown past the pre- current expansion content thanks to massive amounts of XP.

Don't get me wrong. I think they should've also added a legacy feature where your alts level faster. And I don't think they should've made it too hard to level. But they should've at least required you to do all the quests before outgrowing a planet. They could've made it so it takes longer to level, WITHOUT adding a pointless grind, with the amount of content they had at launch.

To answer your question:

I did have full rest for it. Other than that I just did it very efficiently.

The biggest thing right now that is hurting the game is impatient gamers, and that's pretty much it. These gamers have left, causing dead servers, which had created the need for server transfers to happen ASAP.

The lack of foresight to create a sustainable endgame for those who rushed, also created that initial problem. If the raids were so easy that they can be cleared on the first attempt, (I know I did) than what does that leave for the folks at endgame with few there. Basically it started a bleed off of gamers that could not be combated in any way.

And there is very little repeatable content aside from dailies, and there is no dynamic content, which is shortsighted, because it leaves people who have done everything with nothing else to do.

Then why does DaoC have an estimated 25 000 subscribers, if it's the paradise of PvPers? Why not 250 000? Why isn't Bioware-Mythic doing DaoC 2? Why is WAR almost dead with it's world RvR?

Because PvPers speak one thing and do another.

...who will play an outdated game?

...WAR? Seriously? This is your argumentation?

I have to agree with the levelling speed comments.

I don't know if speed levelling is the fault of BW for not making levelling hard enough, or whether the fault lies on the shoulders of those who rushed to level 50 in a week (I mean, how much content do you miss hitting level 50 in a week?).

See I don't actually rush when I level, other than at about 47-50.

It took me about 2-3 weeks and I took my time.

It's not really the quickness of leveling, it's the after effects.

They could've fixed many bugs by the time people reached max level. The bugs in EV for example. They could've released the legacy system by the time most people were 50, how it actually happened was people already had level 50 alts sort of ruining the point of the legacy system. and other things.

Since people got to 50 so quick, problems built up very quickly. Much faster than BW could fix them. Now they have to fix problems AND add new content to keep the max level people happy.

It' s pretty bad situation that all stems from people being able to level up too quickly.

Edited by Synxos

...who will play an outdated game?

...WAR? Seriously? This is your argumentation?

So, PvPers love DaoC RvR but won't want to play DaoC. PvPers now praise at least what WAR wanted to do, but still ridicule it when it is suggested that they should, you know, play it. Or DaoC.

It's ridiculous to claim that the end-game is too easy. I can say from experience that it isn't. The Operations for example are in normal mode harder than the raids in vanilla WoW.

1. Why is it ridiculous? Ridiculous is, that you are thinking from your subjective point of view.

Because, there are many people, who burned through the"endgame"-content and stated, that the difficulty level is way to low and is only unwillingly hightened by the plethora of bugs.

2. Normal OPs > Vanilla WoW Raids? Were you even thinking, before you typed this text?