Please Do Not Nerf Lost Island. A Rational View.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenging content is good, but there are a few issues with LI.

• The difficulty of the first boss is wildly different with melee vs ranged DPS. Wherever the difficulty point is set, it needs to be roughly the same for both group makeups.
  • The loot is way off for the difficulty. It's dropping mainly columi, it shouldn't pretty much require columi or rakata to beat. Those tionese crystals are absolutely useless too. They were nearly worthless in the normal HMs, and here they are like a bad joke. A columi comm or two on the mini-bosses would make more sense, and at least be marginally useful.
  • Too much trash and too long a walk from the warp points. A lot of the FPs are on the edge of being too long for people to want to run. Aim for a fast group doing a FP in 30min. If you want to prevent farming add a lockout back or a cooldown.

Edited by XavinNydek

It was clearly nerfed on this week maintenance, we clearly see the difference from the last week clear.

P.s. We even did it twice to be sure.

I agree, my tracer missiles now crit for 15k on the final boss in the last phase. I checked my logs, never crit anywhere near that before. Stealth nerf.

Challenging content is good, but there are a few issues with LI.

• The difficulty of the first boss is wildly different with melee vs ranged DPS. Wherever the difficulty point is set, it needs to be roughly the same for both group makeups.
  • The loot is way off for the difficulty. It's dropping mainly columi, it shouldn't pretty much require columi or rakata to beat. Those tionese crystals are absolutely useless too. They were nearly worthless in the normal HMs, and here they are like a bad joke. A columi comm or two on the mini-bosses would make more sense, and at least be marginally useful.
  • Too much trash and too long a walk from the warp points. A lot of the FPs are on the edge of being too long for people to want to run. Aim for a fast group doing a FP in 30min. If you want to prevent farming add a lockout back or a cooldown.

Hard mode EV / KP drops some columi too. The loot drops on lost island are perfect.

The only change I'd make to lost island is to make him not drop lightning within 10m of himself. That right there would fix the fight for melee vs DPS. Instead, he would simply cast incinerate more.

Done.

If that happened? The fight would be a complete faceroll. Stack everyone on his back minus the tank.. Only healing done would be on the tank.. Turn it into a minute long fight. The fight is fine even with melee if you have competent people in your group.

ALSO, I would like to add that for loot? This place is VERY unique. We have confirmed it not only drops the 200 daily commendations speeders.. but an incredibly rare vanity pet. I got the Lhosan Thunderbolt to drop last night as well as a Mysterius Egg which Ubique has possession of.

Edited by Todsucher

My casual guild has not successfully cleared any hm op yet. We found the fp to be extremely challenging and loved it. I can clear it now in under 50 minutes considering our 1 st attempt was 2 hours of wipes on the droid and giving up

Changing boss mechanics so it's fair to all classes is not a nerf.

Also what is the point of the adds? It's like some guy just threw random boss mechanics together because that's how you make things challenging right? The more the better! Next patch they should make it 2 droids at once, so you need to bring 2 tanks for it, because tank swaps are all the rage now!

Edited by Havocx

Instances like this are perfect for MMOs. You have many 4 mans you can do easy and get Columi level gear as a prise. This place much prepares people for running Ops very well. And you are rewarded with Rakata at the end for your troubles. If you are having any issues in this place then it is not for you. Not everything is for everyone. Practice your skills more and get better at the game and try again.

Hard mode EV / KP drops some columi too. The loot drops on lost island are perfect.

Every boss in HM KP/EV drops rakata grade items. The columi is simply trash filler. Also the bonus boss drops tionese-grade relics. Joke?

I can clear HM EV in an hour with alts in tionese gear. Total Rakata: 2 gloves, 2 offhands, 2 legs, 2 boots, 2 chest, and all the filler stuff.

HM LI takes just a bit less time, requires better gear, and for what?

I find this to be a challenging flashpoint and when I cleared it for the first time it gave me a nerdgasm however I do have a bug that sometimes doesn't allow me to see the AOE of the gas grenades Dr. Lorrick throws (note its only the first grenade he throws.) but we solved that problem by letting me die from the stacks:P

This HM FP is much harder than NiM KP.

It should be renamed to Nim LI and the reward raised accordingly or it is pointless FTM.

For 99% of the player base, THERE ISN'T ANY NEW FLASHPOINT IN 1.2.

Keep the current setting and change it to NiM FP for challengers who loves it.

But make a new real HM that matches the same difficulty as KUS.

What's the point of blocking everyone from the FP by placing a 1st boss which is unbeatable by over 99%?

Is this a HARDCORE ONLY MMO?

Why make an FP that only favors less than 1% of your customers?

if you do this all rewards should be nerfed to KUS style, no rakata, no mainhand drops, no columi implant drops. With its current drops, LI HM drops the same pieces as the final boss of HM EV. Because of this, I treat it as a "mini operation", i.e. the first real boss is the true "gear check" and "skill check". If either are too far in the negative, it slaps you firmly with some wipes to remind you you should be either clearing older content to properly gear, or actually learning the fights instead of bashing your collective heads into a brick wall.

No to nerfing Lost Island. :rak_04:

BioWare: If you feel the need to nerf this HM -then there shouldn't be Rakata at the end, just a columi piece and pretty much nothing on the way. Oh wait! The normal mode already drops some okayish implants and what not? I disagree with people who think it's bad because it gives "shinies" everyone already has. On the contrary, it's a great place to gear single individual with not even tionese gear, assuming 3/4 of the group is decently geared. We did it with two sentinels last níght and one of those didn't even have half the mods at 50 on his orange gear. Of course, with two sentinels, not a single knight drop but who cares. It was still fun. :)

This thread and Lost Island is the second reason since early access motivating me to login to these forums filled with rotten trolling. However, this is a great thread! Lost Island to me, for an MMORPG newbie such as me, has given me the feeling of an achievement. As a newbie, I found no problem with wiping over and over and we did the flash point with a random group from the fleet for the first time. At that time, I had no idea there had been such a huge ruckus over it being too hard (soon after the patch it was introduced with). I want to encourage people to try it with random people. Just explain it well. We discussed it with no rush, no voip, no nothing and we only wiped on the droid 6 times. :)

Someone said something like: "Lost Island being harder than nightmare EV?"

I find that comparison lacking because EV has never been a triumph of game design. Not because of "harsh" enrage timers and more hit points. Sure, Lost Island is harder than nightmare EV only because four individuals have to work together. Just give it a try and rejoice!! Not everything is about gear. Hell, EC's T & Z positioning is harder than Lost Island (to give some perspective) and not even that is very hard after you get it once. :p

Edited by Ruskaeth

If that happened? The fight would be a complete faceroll. Stack everyone on his back minus the tank.. Only healing done would be on the tank.. Turn it into a minute long fight. The fight is fine even with melee if you have competent people in your group.

ALSO, I would like to add that for loot? This place is VERY unique. We have confirmed it not only drops the 200 daily commendations speeders.. but an incredibly rare vanity pet. I got the Lhosan Thunderbolt to drop last night as well as a Mysterius Egg which Ubique has possession of.

Fail logic is fail.

His point is that using ranged dps shouldn't be so much easier compared to using melee dps. The difficulty should be about the same regardless what type of dps is present.

Fail logic is fail.

His point is that using ranged dps shouldn't be so much easier compared to using melee dps. The difficulty should be about the same regardless what type of dps is present.

To quote Bill Maher: "I call ******** on this!" and say that it might be his point, but it doesn't make it right.

I fail to see how using melee DPS is at all harder than the use of ranged DPS. My experience from Lost Island HM so far: I've tanked it (kited it around the room while melee DPS walked after the droid and DPSed while doing so), DPSed it with ranged (stay away from lava and electricity) and melee DPS (walk after the droid -it's the tank's bad if he doesn't move it when the electricity aoe hits melee DPSes behind the droid).

Every boss in HM KP/EV drops rakata grade items. The columi is simply trash filler. Also the bonus boss drops tionese-grade relics. Joke?

I can clear HM EV in an hour with alts in tionese gear. Total Rakata: 2 gloves, 2 offhands, 2 legs, 2 boots, 2 chest, and all the filler stuff.

HM LI takes just a bit less time, requires better gear, and for what?

You also need a group of 8 instead of 4 making it much harder to organize, and you get locked out after doing KP/EV for the week while there is no lockout for LI. Itemization needs a bit of work (ie. Corellia commendation for first miniboss) but that's why it's more difficult than KP/EV HM.

i dont go in there... at all. not because it is hard, but because the reward is not worth it. flashpoints and story mode should have been blackhole gear/tokens and camp gear should have been ops HM and higher. either that or it should never have been put in the game.

/signed.

Lost island is the most fun flashpoint in the game and our first night in there we couldn't get past the droid boss and at that point the thoughts of this place is impossible. We were running around with no cordination or rhythm so we gave up. A few days later we set out to get it down, this place especially the droid boss is all about repeat and getting use to the fight. First time killing it was everyone nearly dead and the soft enrage hitting but now we can. Lear the whole place in 35 to 40 mins rushing thru. This is one of the shortest flashpoints and I like it.

Some tips to those struggling, don't give up it is all about learning the mechanics and moving. Avoid taking damage and don't get to fancy with dropping those energy spheres. There is a reason they despawn. 4 sides dropping 2 per side and the first despawn before you get back to where you started. Done this fight with all range with tank staying in the middle, best way to learn fight IMO. Now I find it just as easy to bring 2 melee dps( 2 sents) really burn the boss fast btw

Edited by Traxv

Don't nerf it, let the MMO nerds have something to rub their e-peen on.

This thread actually proves that people are happy about a challenge, happy about something. Most of the people even try to encourage people to try it and be fine with few wipes. People invite others to try it on servers x and x. That is what I would call a community effort to try and achieve something. You can never please everyone. Not everyone agrees that they should be entitled for a) columi pieces and single rakata from the instance, but they are just happy the mechanics are more fun. I find it sad that people are not satisfied with the story mode if they are not willing to spend 4-5 hours to crack a completely easy to farm instance.

i dont go in there... at all. not because it is hard, but because the reward is not worth it. flashpoints and story mode should have been blackhole gear/tokens and camp gear should have been ops HM and higher. either that or it should never have been put in the game.

i hate that "i want my gear now why should i have to work for my gear i pay for the game" mentality

keep the bh tokens as they are they are not hard to obtain

about the campaign gear why should it drop in ev or kp hm u can have bh comms on nightmare and the gear drops in li hm (nightmare kp or ev is way easyer then explosive conflict hm

to say it in short if they do what u sugest then people are full campaign geard in like 1 or 2 weeks and so the people start whining again for for more content and how easy it was to obtain the gear

so my opinion is like the op plz do not nerf Lost island thank you

Edited by Goreslash

i hate that "i want my gear now why should i have to work for my gear i pay for the game" mentality

keep the bh tokens as they are they are not hard to obtain

about the campaign gear why should it drop in ev or kp hm u can have bh comms on nightmare and the gear drops in li hm (nightmare kp or ev is way easyer then explosive conflict hm

to say it in short if they do what u sugest then people are full campaign geard in like 1 or 2 weeks and so the people start whining again for for more content and how easy it was to obtain the gear

so my opinion is like the op plz do not nerf Lost island thank you

But the people will ***** that they can't do the content, isn't that what yer hardmodes are for in operations. If the FP drops gear you don't need then you shouldn't be running it in the first place. FP are meant to be a stepping stone towards OPs not the other way round.

Well that's where you're partly wrong. LI is meant to be a step up from the other hardmodes. They don't just want to make a simple progression of Normal FP > HM FP > Normal Ops > HM Ops.

Rather they're doing it by tier. HM Tier 1 FP's =< Normal T1 Ops < HM T1 Ops =< T2 HM FP (LI) < Story T2 Ops < HM T2 Ops.

It IS a stepping stone...for raiders moving from Tier 1 to Tier 2. The increased mechanics are a wake-up call for what's to come in EC. Likewise it's a great test/gear place for raiders getting ready for EC story.

And...and this is the most important thing...it's more fun!