Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Sorwen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah, kids today... they want immediate satisfaction.

What happened to putting some effort into getting something?

thanks, Pop, for replying. Guess I'll do my homework, now. Did you used to walk to school in three feet of snow without shoes? :wea_02:

Yeah, it's kinda funny. They're losing people left and right and introduce a feature that could entice people to stay and give it another shot, but 'cause they need something to entice people to stay and play, they're charging so many credits for things you'd never find cover if you play ten years.

Did I tell you about Barney One Bullet? He shot himself in the foot unholstering his pistol.

Yeah, it's kinda funny. They're losing people left and right and introduce a feature that could entice people to stay and give it another shot, but 'cause they need something to entice people to stay and play, they're charging so many credits for things you'd never find cover if you play ten years.

Did I tell you about Barney One Bullet? He shot himself in the foot unholstering his pistol.

it boggles my mind how out of touch Bioware is. It's like they never developed an MMORPG before. Oh, wait, they never did, painfully obvious.

I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

This made me laugh.But yeah it is true.Btw I can purchase these things.Unfortunately, if I purchase for example GTM for my ship, it would be kinda useless for me.You know I play on dead server and GTM is empty.

So the point is, these legacy things are useful only for some people, not for everyone.

Edited by Emdix

while i don't think they should give the legacy stuff away for free i do feel the work i put into gaining the actual legacy lv's should be enough to unlock the majority of the perks failing that they should reduce the cost of them.

stuff like the mail box and repair droid 1.5 mil for just those 2 get real both of those should be a given on any ship and while i don't mind paying for the GMT I'm sure as hell not going to pay 5 mil for it overall there seems to be no balance in the benefit for cost of the legacy stuff

Putting broken promises aside, Legacy Levels should serve to, at the minimum, reduce the price of Legacy Unlocks. The average bank balance of players, as claimed by Bioware themselves, is well below the cost of the majority of these unlocks.

Perhaps the price of unlocks should scale with levels? So an unlock that can be purchased at Legacy 10 for 1 million can be bought by a Legacy 11 for 950k, 12 for 900k, etc.

I don't mind the lower level legacy requirement attached to the credits option, however I thought there would be the other option of unlocking things without credits at a much higher legacy level. Say legacy level 50 unlocks the GTN for example. Legacy Level 25 would get you stuff like the mailbox / repair droid.

That way it would work similarly to how they presented it at the Guild Summit: Credits or Legacy Level. As it is now as legacy level 30 I receive no benefit past level 25 as all unlocks are gated by that time provided you have the millions of credits to pay for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Take heart, OP - I hear the Dark Council just passed EmperorCare - between that and the USU (United Sithworkers Union) you should be well provided for. Just ignore that pretty red thing stuck through your navel, it's just a perk.

You mean that thing in the form of a "circle"? :rolleyes:

I don't mind the lower level legacy requirement attached to the credits option, however I thought there would be the other option of unlocking things without credits at a much higher legacy level. Say legacy level 50 unlocks the GTN for example. Legacy Level 25 would get you stuff like the mailbox / repair droid.

That way it would work similarly to how they presented it at the Guild Summit: Credits or Legacy Level. As it is now as legacy level 30 I receive no benefit past level 25 as all unlocks are gated by that time provided you have the millions of credits to pay for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

That's because for some reason that vast majority of people have terrible listening comprehension. The legacy level was never the unlock condition. The unlock condition is getting a character level to 50, reaching the end of act 2, reaching valor rank 10, etc. Some of those offer credit alternatives, but none of them require you to unlock it and pay credits. Even if you purchase it with credits you still need the correct legacy level, there is no 'or' in that case, ever.

They never lied, they never contradicted themselves, you just misunderstood.

(This was addressed to all people saying they lied about legacy unlocks, not just you)

Edited by MillionsKNives

That's because for some reason that vast majority of people have terrible listening comprehension. The legacy level was never the unlock condition. The unlock condition is getting a character level to 50, reaching the end of act 2, reaching valor rank 10, etc. Some of those offer credit alternatives, but none of them require you to unlock it and pay credits. Even if you purchase it with credits you still need the correct legacy level, there is no 'or' in that case, ever.

(This was addressed to all people saying they lied about legacy unlocks, not just you)

Well they should of had you presenting their new features at the Guild Summit because it was not worded as simply as that was to understand.

So what is the purpose of having a perpetually increasing legacy level? Why not just cut it off at 25 like your experience bar at 50? I suppose they intend to add stuff later on but just don't see why those obtaining higher legacy levels aren't rewarded in some way. I liked the depreciating cost idea I saw just before my original post.

Well they should of had you presenting their new features at the Guild Summit because it was not worded as simply as that was to understand.

So what is the purpose of having a perpetually increasing legacy level? Why not just cut it off at 25 like your experience bar at 50? I suppose they intend to add stuff later on but just don't see why those obtaining higher legacy levels aren't rewarded in some way. I liked the depreciating cost idea I saw just before my original post.

The system as it stands now seems to be redundant to require a legacy level. For the most part by the time you have the credits you will have the requisite legacy level. And by the time you have the unlock you have the requisite legacy level.

actually, at the guild summit, they quite clearly said "legacy level OR credits" and never once mentioned that many of the features would require both (like the GTN). at other times, they mentioned that some legacy things would cost a lot (like the GTN), but they never revisited the remark that it would be one or the other, which left a lot of people confused, because they were fairly adamant that the GTN was not free, but not 5 minutes earlier they'd said legacy was an either/or thing. they also said unlocking a legacy species would give you all of that species' customization options. they never mentioned that this only applies to a few species. they talked about the family tree, but never mentioned that you and only you will ever see it. there's a lot they didn't say at the guild summit, and a lot they said that isn't true. you don't need to hate on the community for being confused and imply that we can't understand what people are saying when they say them. the developers were at times intentionally vague, and at other times terribly confused about their own game and what features it did and didn't have (ready check anyone?).

Edited by codyr

It's actually pretty easy to get credits now a days, guys, especially with a level 50. Doing the all the dailies alone nets you something like 300k per lvl 50 char a day. So 3 days of doing that plus selling items you don't need to vendors, you can make about a mill in 3 days, if not, deff 4. Also if you have a crew skill for making weapons/armor, you can crit on these, and sell them on the GTN for over 100k each. At least that's the going price on my server. I was selling Elegant modified Blaster pistols (augmented) for 160k. So when it comes down to it, spending 4 or 5 days doing dailies (again this is only if you have ONE level 50) to get a legacy unlock that stays with you FOREVER and for ALL of your characters.... That doesn't seem like a bad trade off guys. Edited by mavsynchroid

actually, at the guild summit, they quite clearly said "legacy level OR credits" and never once mentioned that many of the features would require both (like the GTN). at other times, they mentioned that some legacy things would cost a lot (like the GTN), but they never revisited the remark that it would be one or the other. they also said unlocking a legacy species would give you all of that species' customization options. they never mentioned that this only applies to a few species. they talked about the family tree, but never mentioned that you and only you will ever see it. there's a lot they didn't say at the guild summit, and a lot they said that isn't true. you don't need to hate on the community for being confused and imply that we can't understand what people are saying when they say them.

They specifically mentioned cyborg and Twi'lek that that applied to, because they're the only ones who that applies to.

Just to quickly address again the idea that at Guild Summit they said it would be either legacy level or credits I went back again and watched the video. Every time he mentioned unlocks he specifically spoke of things like character level, valor level, companion affection, etc. He then said you can either unlock it that way OR with credits. Then he talked about the ship stuff, and when mentioning the GTN he said, "if you have this much money and you are this high up the legacy it's totally okay for you to go Howard Hughes and become a hermit on your ship". Notice how he said you needed BOTH!

So even from announcement they said nothing of "legacy level or credits". That's your own misinterpretations.

PS They DID lead us to believe that it would take EITHER credtis or Legacy to obtain this stuff. I dont mind doing what it takes to get my legacy up but I DO mind grinding for creds. A lot of people who play like I do feel the same. I dont care if it takes me a month to gain one Legacy level because I dont have as much time to play as some others do. But I DO mind having to grind out stuff I dont enjoy (dailies for example) to earn credits to BUY the stuff. Hate me all you want for it, but I was simply expecting them to stick to what they said.

If you wish to ignore that someone stated Legacy would act as a gate to the ability to purchase certain features, that's your choice, but to then blame them because you ignored what they said....

Heh I've unlocked some legacy stuff as well, at 10 now, but I don't have a remote chance of getting the credits for it anytime soon. I got some decent income from slicing before 1.2 but now it's just garbage and stuck at a few hundred Ks.

meh...legacy 34 with 3 50s and there are just so many money sinks in the game right now ive resigned to the fact that I will never be able to afford any of that fancy stuff. Really wanted my rocket shoes :(

Player retention. There are those types of players that have to have everything.

With these costs so high, and the amount of time to obtain all of them, that means

more accruing subs from those players for BW.

Yes, I /facepalmed at the cost of these "rewards" after it was stated at the summit

that most players aren't wealthy.