I am angry about the economic exploit.

bheta

You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.

Just because I don't do it much, doesn't mean that I can't see if someone is jumping from the ground to the top level. It's VERY easy to spot people cheating in Hutt Ball. I KNOW how long the cool downs on powers are. If you choose to ignore the obvious, more power to ya.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I don't do it much, doesn't mean that I can't see if someone is jumping from the ground to the top level. It's VERY easy to spot people cheating in Hutt Ball. I KNOW how long the cool downs on powers are. If you choose to ignore the obvious, more power to ya.

I have a 50 jugg on Jung Ma, I can jump 3 times in 4 global cooldowns, whats your point?

Charge, force push something, charge, intercede

This is how I would handle it:

I would not ban them but take all the Legacy unlocks you pay for away and take there credits down to 1 mill. People do need some cash to really play the game that is why I would leave them with one million. Let them keep there armor and weapon's. Also I would but a strike on the account it's self, if you get 3 then they should be banned.

An to just let them know what they did was not good I would temp ban them for 2 or 3 days.

Leave them 2k. 1 million would be too much. LOL, I accidentally overspent the other day on my level 50 main.... Spammed CS for hours and hours. Went from 450k to 63 credits. I didn't even have enough gold to get from fleet to Hoth. Had to go to Alderaan to do some of those heroics to make enough to get to Hoth. Didn't even have enough money to get a speeder.

You can recover from any loss of money.

Since it's been patched, any 'specific instructions' would no longer work, and would therefore no longer be 'specific instructions' on how to exploit.

I disagree, since the instructions could still illustrate a vector to similar exploits. This is why BioWare will neither allow specific discussion of a current exploit nor of a past one.

It does not affect me if someone else has 750 million credits, if the game lets you exploit it, then go for it. It is not cheating, cheating is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation, since I do not compete with anyone in the game, there is no harm done to me.

I solo, never do PVP or group, whoever has 750mil credits is just another toon I pass, IF i see them (43 ppl on a server during peak times, I only see another player every other week), I don't know how much creds anyone has, nor is it anyone's business.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

We've already heard that one guy who used this got full unlocks on everything and was left with 750 million credits. Is it that hard to imagine 5 people per server?

If that number is correct, then it's possible that the number is in the billions of credits. However, this is not the same as saying the "economy has been flooded." It is the classical money laundering problem: Making the money illegally is the easy part; using it legally is the challenge. If you had 750 million on your account, your ability to affect the global economy would still be very limited. This is why, when there was an earlier credit exploit, the economy did just fine afterwards, despite the gloom-and-doom predictions of hyperinflation.

It does not affect me if someone else has 750 million credits, if the game lets you exploit it, then go for it. It is not cheating, cheating is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation, since I do not compete with anyone in the game, there is no harm done to me.

It is cheating and I assure you that BioWare and most players would disagree with your statements that exploits do not represent cheating.

It is cheating and I assure you that BioWare and most players would disagree with your statements that exploits do not represent cheating.

I'm just saying it does not affect me, how does it affect you if someone else has 750mil?

I solo, never do PVP or group, whoever has 750mil credits is just another toon I pass, IF i see them (43 ppl on a server during peak times, I only see another player every other week), I don't know how much creds anyone has, nor is it anyone's business.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Here we see the prefect example of what is wrong with the world. Screw everyone else because I dont care.

Edited by BuckShotSchell

I'm just saying it does not affect me, how does it affect you if someone else has 750mil?

That person would be willing to pay 50 million on the global market for the 50 crafted speeder when it normally goes for 200k. People would adjust prices accordingly so they can profit off it, which means it would be out of reach of most.

That person would be willing to pay 50 million on the global market for the 50 crafted speeder when it normally goes for 200k. People would adjust prices accordingly so they can profit off it, which means it would be out of reach of most.

Very good point mate. I think that would damage the GTN greatly :mad:

Fair enough, but the exploit has been stopped now... :-)

Now that the exploit has been removed, I'm curious as to what it was.

Anyone know?

It's against the rules to discuss exploits on the forums. Even ones that have been fixed.

Don't let your curiosity run with it.

someone could buy every single thing on the GTN and price gouge people into paying ridiculous prices. Essentially ruining the economy forever.

People actually already do this on a much smaller scale. I refuse to pay more for something just because it's my only option at the moment. I usually have an idea in my head of how high something should sell for and I don't go much over that.

someone could buy every single thing on the GTN and price gouge people into paying ridiculous prices. Essentially ruining the economy forever.

People actually already do this on a much smaller scale. I refuse to pay more for something just because it's my only option at the moment. I usually have an idea in my head of how high something should sell for and I don't go much over that.

Thats true, I made millions upon millions on those augmented lvl 20 sabers the first few days they were available. :D Supply and demand can be a wonderful thing if you know how to capitalize on it.

To my mind I'm actually more concerned about the mention of speed hacks and teleporting than I am about the economical exploit, and I say that despite relying on the GTN more than most.

If speed hacks, teleporting and similar flagrant violations of the game ruleset are even possible there are serious design flaws in the game's server/client code.

I have a 50 jugg on Jung Ma, I can jump 3 times in 4 global cooldowns, whats your point?

Charge, force push something, charge, intercede

Can you jump out of the pit without a foe? Can you jump from level 2 to level 3? Can you jump halfway across the arena?

That's my point.

I honestly thought the one in there was an apology from BioWare for all the damned credit sinks in the game, and the additional credit sinks they added with 1.2. Seriously, they're already ridonkulous with the amount of grinding we have to do on Dailies already. Or you can stay on the Fleet, craft stuff, and put it on an unreliable market where you have to pay an unnecessary deposit.

To BioWare: Head on over to EVE Online and take a look at how their galactic market is set up. Look at how long someone can put something up there for sale. Then ask yourselves "Why did we make people put down a deposit and put a time limit of only two days on selling items?". Then fix your blasted market so economic "exploits" are no longer necessary to make credits.

And that's my 2 credits.

Only in theory. In practice, the time required to do this coupled with the limitation on concurrent listings makes this all but impossible (I think you can only have 50 listings on the GTN – someone please correct me if I am wrong). It is much more difficult for a single person (or even a group of players) to have a large scale impact on the economy than one would imagine, even if they had the means to do so.