I am angry about the economic exploit.

bheta

Quote from Cerion:" I never see how reporting someone will benefit you. Play your own game, if people want to use exploits then thats their business. Same with RL. If someones murdered someone then yea, they are a danger to the public and id probably snitch. But other than that its their business unless it directly effects me. End Quote"

Now that's partly right. I tried to get creds from a vender website and Bioware said that it was illegal. According to rule number 12 they say its illegal . But I wanted to say: For God sakes man. Its not illegal. Just let it happen!!!!.

I've seen people do it all the time. And they have any problem with it. It's kool.

Also, I liked it when people had 5 million creds. Made the game alot more easier to play. Instead of being ripped off

Like you said Cerion "but if someone murders another person then ya. Let me add this: or trading money for sexual favors, doing business with a drug cartel or selling something that really high level that could endanger people's lives.(Not about the game). NOW THAT'S ILLEGAL.

I have always hated it when people use the term illegal when talking about buying gold, or in this instance, exploiting. There is only one thing that would make something illegal. If your country, state, county, or city passed a law/ordinance saying it is illegal, then it is illegal. Breaking the TOS is not illegal. It is against the rules.

Edit: I could actually see a case be successfully prosecuted for the hacking, if there was real harm done. If Bioware could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that them changing their local client, caused them to lose business, maybe. However, since you don't hack the servers, you only hack your own computer, I do not see it getting far. And proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.....

Edited by Roccobb

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

^ This.

Sigh. Every MMO I've ever played has tracked transactions, down to the credit. In SWG, each credit has it's own unique "serial#" if you will, and could be tracked no matter who it went to, and where it went to. I can't prove that BW can track transactions, but historical evidence based on years of MMO's including indie companies with a fraction of this budgets, would suggest they can.

Please, please stop throwing out these outrageous claims.

Bioware said quite explicitly at the Guild Summit that they do indeed track every single credit in the game - where it comes from, where it goes, and who has it. They also said that the more credits you had (in the millions), the closer they would be scrutinizing how you got them.

I have always hated it when people use the term illegal when talking about buying gold, or in this instance, exploiting. There is only one thing that would make something illegal. If your country, state, county, or city passed a law/ordinance saying it is illegal, then it is illegal. Breaking the TOS is not illegal. It is against the rules.

Edit: I could actually see a case be successfully prosecuted for the hacking, if there was real harm done. If Bioware could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that them changing their local client, caused them to lose business, maybe. However, since you don't hack the servers, you only hack your own computer, I do not see it getting far. And proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.....

What you said is partly right. Roccobb. But here's the problem. If you do things like that it doesn't do the job. And you're not taking in the fact the person has got a learning disability and problems understanding. The person is easliy provoked.

It also would not to sound disconnected and ignoring how the persons really feeling. Because its really rude to tell people to do things your way.

Try swapping mods around between armour sets at level 50.

Hurts getting my War hero mods out and putting them into my Orange Augmented gear haha. 45k each one I pull out xD

It's not too bad for me, but I can see that being an issue for some.

it's very easy for Bioware to look at see how much money people have. anyone who has 100+ million should raise some flags. i would expect these people to have their money taken once Bioware investigates and makes the right call.

it's very easy for Bioware to look at see how much money people have. anyone who has 100+ million should raise some flags. i would expect these people to have their money taken once Bioware investigates and makes the right call.

Hollinyx, I'm sorry to disagree with you there. Bioware needs to relax about the purchasing credits. All I'm saying just take a look at the prices of weapons, armor, upgrades and skills. Then take a look at the mount of money your character gets everytime you complete a mission. Then ask yourself do the amount of credits being spent on what you earn. Lower than what you want or need?. DON'T BE DESEVED. LOOK AROUND!!!!!.

If you say sell your crystals and upgrades then your just out of touch like everyone else in the game. That you don't understand your problem.

Bioware said quite explicitly at the Guild Summit that they do indeed track every single credit in the game - where it comes from, where it goes, and who has it. They also said that the more credits you had (in the millions), the closer they would be scrutinizing how you got them.

Now that stinks. That really stinks.

Me thinks some ppl...MikeRindos ... are worried they did something illegal hehehe:D

You think that. Darkdoe you took it out of context and One of the most ill logical comments you can ever made. Also, according to Bioware they think its illegal to go and buy credits from a vender.

I need to stop chatting for a while. Until someone else puts at least 4 - 6 comments on here.

You think that. Darkdoe you took it out of context and One of the most ill logical comments you can ever made. Also, according to Bioware they think its illegal to go and buy credits from a vender.

I need to stop chatting for a while. Until someone else puts at least 4 - 6 comments on here.

They said it was illegal, as in against the law? Please link that to me. I thought they just said it was against the game rules. I have never seen them use the word illegal.

Hollinyx, I'm sorry to disagree with you there. Bioware needs to relax about the purchasing credits. All I'm saying just take a look at the prices of weapons, armor, upgrades and skills. Then take a look at the mount of money your character gets everytime you complete a mission. Then ask yourself do the amount of credits being spent on what you earn. Lower than what you want or need?. DON'T BE DESEVED. LOOK AROUND!!!!!.

If you say sell your crystals and upgrades then your just out of touch like everyone else in the game. That you don't understand your problem.

at level 50 i find i rarely if ever spend money.i send most of it to leveling alts..what do i need to buy at level 50?

• 3 weeks later...
What happened to the players who have 500 million credits?

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

I normally do not care about this stuff, but i am irked by this.

How does everyone else feel about this?

Hmm.. I make about 450k/day doing dailies on both of my 50s. Seems to float my main and all of my alts, and crafting.. if I keep it up. While it's taxing, and takes a while.. it's certainly helpful.

At the guild summit, Georg discussed the wealth distribution and that the largest percentage of players were between 400k-1mil. Some were 2-4 mil. And they stated that, essentially, approx 1% had more than 5 mil. Or something to that effect (you can reference the economy video on youtube), and those above that mark were definitely watched to verify where they got their money, and whether it was legitimate or not.

At the guild summit, Georg discussed the wealth distribution and that the largest percentage of players were between 400k-1mil. Some were 2-4 mil. And they stated that, essentially, approx 1% had more than 5 mil. Or something to that effect (you can reference the economy video on youtube), and those above that mark were definitely watched to verify where they got their money, and whether it was legitimate or not.

So what your saying Nicolettexiv is punish people for trying to have alittle help. As to say No help at all. Where you see nothing but potiential. That's nice. But you're lnot ooking at the person and seeing your cause damage. <----This directly goes at buying of credits.

There are good people out there. Oh and another thing. You sound like my dad back in the day. Where he use to do damage to people. Like making us feel like your getting involved in peoples lives. I know you care about it. But it sounds like your being intrusive just like Bioware .

Bioware needs to stop being so intrusive.

Suggestion: I say they need to put a cap on it. Like you can only get 10 million credits from a credit vender. thats it. If you go over then the player gets taxed 75 percent. (Use the Mega Millions One lump sum rule. Over 75 percent goes to the government. So over 75 percent goes to Bioware.