No More Daily Grinds

SvnStrSlm

This is really pointed at the daily comendations. Could we please get a quest line for the Rakata Implants that involve some basic quest a heroic or two and maybe wrap it up with a flash point? Please dont continue with these terrible, uninspired, grinding time sinks BioWare. This applies to relics as well. They are not fun to me. I want the feeling of acheivment and progress.

The real reason to do dailies is for the credits. Just do 'em when you feel like it and when you need to make money for something. Also, group with people and steamroll the mobs. It's fast, more fun, and you can get social points from it too. I've made more of my friends running dailies than anything else.

Before you know it you'll get the comms. I consider them more of a side effect than the endgoal, and it makes the process of attaining them feel less grindy. As they say, a watched pot never boils.

This is really pointed at the daily comendations. Could we please get a quest line for the Rakata Implants that involve some basic quest a heroic or two and maybe wrap it up with a flash point? Please dont continue with these terrible, uninspired, grinding time sinks BioWare. This applies to relics as well. They are not fun to me. I want the feeling of acheivment and progress.

after reading the title i was expecting some "give me free stuff i dont wanna work for it" complaint. But i have to say, i completely agree!

How would you address the issue of buying multiple implants or implants / earpieces for companions? What if I wanted to get tanking relics then get dps relics?

The current system of dailies allows for quite a bit of flexibility. How would you go about providing the same level of flexibility?

I agree, 100%.

I think that one of the worst things blizz did with WoW was to turn everything into a grind-fest. You need reputation to buy an enchant? Spend a month grinding dailies for that faction. You need marks to buy gear? Spend a month grinding dailies to unlock a vendor so you can buy the gear. You want your epic level gear so that you can start raiding? Grind dailies to earn points to buy the gear you need. Everything you need to do in WoW involves a large amount of grinding. Please do not do this to SWTOR.

How would you address the issue of buying multiple implants or implants / earpieces for companions? What if I wanted to get tanking relics then get dps relics?

The current system of dailies allows for quite a bit of flexibility. How would you go about providing the same level of flexibility?

oh please, please, can we just have a button that we press and it dispenses the goodies?

(/sarcasm)

If you want the loot, work for it.

To the quoted guy:

Dailies give you the flexibility. Making you do them repeatedly weeds out the flash-in-the-pan crowd who wants to run through it once and OMGIJUSTWONSTARWARS! instead of actually having to put time and effort into acquiring the higher-end gear. Heaven forbid it takes 'em a little work, right?

Edited by Shaith

oh please, please, can we just have a button that we press and it dispenses the goodies?

(/sarcasm)

If you want the loot, work for it.

You're quite right there. I'm just curious to see how the OP plans to pull off his suggestion with out limiting my own ability to collect gear for myself or my companions. Personally I'm fine with the current system and do my dailies, daily.

There is a heroic daily quest on Belsavis, where the reward is a weapon for you or your companion. It doesn't feel like a grind because you do the quest once, you get the reward you want, you do the quest again, you get the next reward you want. As opposed to grinding that quest for 5 days to buy the reward you want and the grinding for another 5 days to get the next reward, etc.

Something similar could be done for relics. It could involve a longer, multi-part quest, but the reward would be the relic/implant/earpiece that you want. Then you repeat it again the next day to get another relic/implant/earpiece.

There is a heroic daily quest on Belsavis, where the reward is a weapon for you or your companion. It doesn't feel like a grind because you do the quest once, you get the reward you want, you do the quest again, you get the next reward you want. As opposed to grinding that quest for 5 days to buy the reward you want and the grinding for another 5 days to get the next reward, etc.

Something similar could be done for relics. It could involve a longer, multi-part quest, but the reward would be the relic/implant/earpiece that you want. Then you repeat it again the next day to get another relic/implant/earpiece.

Except that is way too easy and the items would have to be adjusted to the level of difficulty and time it required to acquire the items. You're talking WoW levels of convenience here.

It would be better to simply string up the reward to a weekly mission. Complete X weekly and get your item every week. Easy for the lazy people and relatively well balanced in terms of time required to acquire the item.

While it would be nice to have some different types of things to do, the problem is people like me. I'm just not that good. I drag down how quick and awesome you want to do the heroic, and I bet you'd laugh at me in a flashpoint.

So either they come up with a level 'between' dailies and operations where you can do heroics and flashpoints that I wouldn't do to get better gear from mine, but maybe not as good as operations...or they just get rid of me. Which I guess is fine too. Would be a bit sad, though only for me, so probably not worth that much.

To those who criticize dailies and "the grind," what do you expect? There is only so much content a company can put out. Players will always out pace the content a game can provide, meaning the only option is to make certain content repeatable, turning that content into a grind.

Don't want to end up in a grind at end game? Don't level so fast or work on alts. There is no other solution because there is no way for developers to develop content fast enough. Case in point, 1.2 only just came out. They added new flashpoints and operations and an entirely new daily quest area with new quests, and you are already complaining. It simply is not possible for companies to create enough content to keep you from running out of things to do and not make repeatable daily/weekly content that must be done over and over again until they can make more content only to have players blow through that and complain more.

Except that is way too easy and the items would have to be adjusted to the level of difficulty and time it required to acquire the items. You're talking WoW levels of convenience here.

It would be better to simply string up the reward to a weekly mission. Complete X weekly and get your item every week. Easy for the lazy people and relatively well balanced in terms of time required to acquire the item.

First off, I don't think it's "lazy" to not want to run the same 15 quests every day for a month just so I can buy a pair of boots. I think that's a pretty crappy reward system, and it bores the life out of me when I have to do the same grind for 8 characters. I want to play the game to accomplish things, not spend 3 hours a night grinding the same quests (on multiple characters) for an entire month, just so that I can earn enough tokens to buy 1 piece of gear.

On the other hand, having the reward match the difficulty would be perfectly fine with me. Running a weekly quest to get a piece of gear I need, or one of my companions needs, is not a problem. Getting an item of lesser quality as a reward from a daily quest, compared to a weekly quest, is also not a problem.

Whats the alternative though, if you could get gear more easily you would just stop playing your character sooner, no?

I rarely did dailies on Ilum, I dont like that place. Now with the black hole I do the dailies more often. In between alt leveling that is. I found the legacy system to be quite motivating as well and got me to be interested in my lvl 50 again.

It would be nice if the put in another daily chain on another planet but besides that I really dont know what else they could do.

I enjoy doing the daily missions, sorry you do not. Therefore what is a grind for you is fun for me. Crafters can make implants and earpieces, also SM EC drops implants, so doing the daily missions for these items is unneccessary.

I enjoy doing the daily missions, sorry you do not. Therefore what is a grind for you is fun for me. Crafters can make implants and earpieces, also SM EC drops implants, so doing the daily missions for these items is unneccessary.

A grind is a grind, it's not something different for you even if you lie and claim you enjoy it. And to the guy a few posts back who said if you want something you have to work for it, pretty much everyone who's posted that they don't want dailies has suggested having a different way to work for it rather then running the same line of twenty something missions that take up an entire day of gaming. The daily mission and raid/pvp treadmill like SWTor has is not work, it's f'n slavery.

Edited by kashaun

Man, this game is just getting more of a wow clone. I know they were going to do things similar to what blizzard did but wow... show some innovation bioware, you're not gonna win peoples hearts by rehasing old stuff. how about doing something innovative, something no other mmorpg has done.

how about...

having some things that would ACTUALLY have an impact in the game world?

but i guess that is never going to happen....

because your creative department are just slaves, appeasing your investors.

Having to do a series of quests then ending in a flashpoint isn't different from doing dailies. You would have to do a series of quests that take the same time as dailies do in order to get the items you want. The thing about dailies is that they are optional. You can get implants and relics in different ways, but if you want the ones from the commendation vendors you have to do the dailies. Not everything can be fun all of the time, it's juts impossible in an MMO that isn't adding new content daily.

Man, this game is just getting more of a wow clone. I know they were going to do things similar to what blizzard did but wow... show some innovation bioware, you're not gonna win peoples hearts by rehasing old stuff. how about doing something innovative, something no other mmorpg has done.

how about...

having some things that would ACTUALLY have an impact in the game world?

but i guess that is never going to happen....

because your creative department are just slaves, appeasing your investors.

No, because that can't happen the way you want it to in an MMO that many people are playing without altering the experience for every single player because one player affected the world. Think, man.

Lol, these are Rakata grade relics, implants and earpieces. They should be hard to get, they are BiS with the exception of crafted ones. If they are taken away from the dailies because people complain they will probably end up in a HM operation, just saying. For some of us this will be even easier to get and we will reverse engineer them and sell them for a **** load on the GTN. You will be even more unhappy with this I would assume. You people realise you can get enough daily coms to buy one a week, guaranteed. Think about that, 1 week to get a BiS piece, I mean, c'mon. Can it it get any easier? Edited by Lugosi

No, because that can't happen the way you want it to in an MMO that many people are playing without altering the experience for every single player because one player affected the world. Think, man.

Why not? The game world would be constantly changing...

CONTENT would then be created by the player.

And we would not get bored.

Why? Because BioWare simply cannot create content fast enough than it is consumed.

Why not? The game world would be constantly changing...

CONTENT would then be created by the player.

And we would not get bored.

Why? Because BioWare simply cannot create content fast enough than it is consumed.

Because if the world was constantly changing, then people don't have the same game experience that others have. This works in a tabletop-style RPG that has a handful of players, but doesn't work at all for a large scale online game. Seriously, think hard about it. Like you wouldn't complain if I was on your server and was able to get an item that you could never get solely because I completed a quest before you did.

Because if the world was constantly changing, then people don't have the same game experience that others have. This works in a tabletop-style RPG that has a handful of players, but doesn't work at all for a large scale online game. Seriously, think hard about it. Like you wouldn't complain if I was on your server and was able to get an item that you could never get solely because I completed a quest before you did.

Take a look at Eve, then you will think otherwise. The model BioWare is following is dead. It may work, but it is certainly outdated. Sure, the way they are creating content should continue, however. I feel that many seasoned mmo players want something fresh, something we have not seen yet. I believe that making the game world in a mmo more dynamic and lively is key to this.

So what could they do to make the game world more dynamic?

My head is swimming with ideas; here's a couple:

Faction wars done by players, power struggle within the empire / republic and so on...

Right now, and in many other games that follows the traditional model of mmo feels static. You log on and you get this dreadful feeling of "why am I playing this?" I'm doing the same thing I did yesterday...

Edited by siegedeluxe