When will we hear about new features coming in 1.3?

Netsurfer

Around the time 1.1 came out, we immediately heard about features coming out in 1.2. However, 1.2 has come and gone, and still no word about 1.3 save for what I call 'stat changes', in which things are tweaked number wise (augment slot = 0 to augment slot = 1, Legacy Ranged Stat Buff unlock for +5 Something, etc.). These aren't what I would call really new 'features' (though they are of course most welcome). Basically, coming up to 1.2, one of the biggest things I was looking forward to was word on what 1.3 will bring!

When will we know what's coming in 1.3, Bioware? And whenabouts it will come, i.e. about 2 months, or more like 4 months?

Several months ago. We started hearing about 1.3's content at the same time we started hearing about what we could expect in 1.2.

Wait, recount this - what exactly was said? I mean these days Bioware has been throwing stuff around as coming soon and 'no eta', but what do you recall specifically stated for 1.3? Or anyone reading, for that matter?

New features coming in 1.3: bugs where there were none before, sound files that play forever, nerfings that aren't needed. oh, and maybe some stuff that works?

Believe it or not I actually do want the sound files that play forever, lol. I've been DYING for music loop.

They are being secretive for now till they can confirm what for sure will be in it. This way the whiners won't type "*** BIOWARE?!?!?!?! You shipped a freakin broken game and lied to me about 'blank' being added!!!! I am so upset that this game is made and being run by humans and it isn't perfect and living up to my unrealistic standards!!!! I am unsubbing and I hope people talk about me unsubbing because I crave some attention."

LFG?

Being able to change your advanced class at any point up to level 20 (so you can work out what you like the best)?

Music loops?

Being able to hide hoods?

Sensible armour? Or being able to take lower level armour right through to endgame i.e. so you don't look silly at endgame.

I hope that they say something soon, though.

There's already been a leak detailed on TorHead about stuff right up until 1.6.

For 1.3, suffice to say there's stuff about a particular series of droid, a new flashpoint about a particular galactic-spanning corporation, new dalies, and a new operation about some particuarly nasty sith lords. Ranked Warzones might even get put in there.

One thing BW has said, however, is that the time between 1.2 and 1.3 will be less than 1.1 and 1.2 - so possibly June-July?

Edited by draco_au
removed profanity

I'm sure they're already preparing an announcement, that they'll release when it's ready AKA soon

And very likely it will hit fansites/gaming sites first, as that seems to be the modus operandi around here.

Have patience, young padawan. The knowledge you seek will reveal itself to you soon.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept a lid on some of the features of 1.3 until they're closer to a PTS release.

Patch 1.3 Preview:

• A new Flashpoint where players must aid the Wookie population against a deadly Jawa uprising.
  • A new Operation where players jump into a Sarlac Pit and defeat the beast, from the inside!
  • A new Warzone where players partake in a game of Huttese checkers. Players move between spaces on a giant board in intervals of 15 seconds. Players that land on the same space must fight for dominance. Reaching the other end results in a score for their team.
  • Players can now unlock weapon loadouts through the legacy system. How dangerous is a Juggernaught with an assault cannon? Level a Commando to 50 to find out! Can a Scoundrel fend off attackers with dual lightsabers? Better get started on that Marauder!
  • Players can now send mail to characters in other games.
  • Several in game bosses have been tweaked to reduce the occurence of common bugs. If a bug does occur, the boss will now spontaneously explode. Players must locate the scattered pieces of said boss to recover loot for the encounter.
  • And much, much more!

Right now, I hope we don't have to wait 3 months for the new legacy features. I love the game, but also don't want to create a 3rd alt until they have released these new features. So basicly if it isn't released by the 18/06 when my time expires I will take a break and come back to play in 6 months. I really want to see more story content and some innovation with this game.

I probably will just get caught up on some of my single player games or tv shows:).

Patch 1.3 Preview:

• A new Flashpoint where players must aid the Wookie population against a deadly Jawa uprising.
  • A new Operation where players jump into a Sarlac Pit and defeat the beast, from the inside!
  • A new Warzone where players partake in a game of Huttese checkers. Players move between spaces on a giant board in intervals of 15 seconds. Players that land on the same space must fight for dominance. Reaching the other end results in a score for their team.
  • Players can now unlock weapon loadouts through the legacy system. How dangerous is a Juggernaught with an assault cannon? Level a Commando to 50 to find out! Can a Scoundrel fend off attackers with dual lightsabers? Better get started on that Marauder!
  • Players can now send mail to characters in other games.
  • Several in game bosses have been tweaked to reduce the occurence of common bugs. If a bug does occur, the boss will now spontaneously explode. Players must locate the scattered pieces of said boss to recover loot for the encounter.
  • And much, much more!

LMAO I like you

According to several sites, 1.3 will be the Droid patch. We ll do a series of quests and in the end we ll get a brand new HK-51 droid as a companion. Of course, since its a major update, we ll get a new OP & a FP.

Rumors (that usually come true because its nerfing ones) say that threat is gonna be the next victim of the nerf bat. Tanks have an easy time with threat and if a tank simply presses the buttons, he can keep aggro - that has to change, to provide more challenge (aka more fun) to the tanks. And because we know how BW handles "normalizing output to more acceptable numbers", we expect a flat out 30-40% nerf in threat output. Also, due to all the whining about sorc's AOE heal (its too strong), its gonna be brought down to the AOE of the other classes, so they wont feel mistreated.

Then, its quite possible that BW will be happy because finally the game will be run according to their metrics (aka : how many people can clear all the content in the other game *that we dont say its name* ? 0.5-1%. We have to have the same % here as well). Of course, if even the aforementioned changes, dont bring the desired 1% special snowflake result, be certain to see more "normalization" in the next patches. After all, if an MMO doesnt cultivate bragging rights & e-peen behaviours, why should someone play it?

English isn't my native language, sarcasm is.