Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got disconnected for switching my sound from headset to speakers and now I had to get back in que. The timers are not really correct. It says 2 hours and 15 minutes. After 4 hours and 30 minutes I’m still on 402 (started at 2100) in que. Maybe showing the real time people have to stay in the que make them swap server. Edited by Obi-Four

My friends waiting for the 20th are going to be giddy with excitement as they watch their introductory cinematic, chills will be running down their spines to enter a galaxy far far away... and then? They'll get stuck in a 1hour+ queue to play on The Fatman and hate me and SWToR for wasting their time/money.

Well, pre-deployed guilds is the actual problem of queues, one of the posts on these forums had the best idea: Give an option for whole guild to migrate to another server without loosing already started characters. I know that my guild would defiently agree to do this, but now we are stuck on waiting for 3h+ to get into Bloodworthy

So basically "we know there are queues ... we know people aren't happy ... how unlucky for you".

How about giving guilds an option to transfer.

How about stopping people rolling on full servers (should have stopped people creating new characters when the servers got to a certain point).

How about doing something ... anything.

It's not as easy as "rolling on a new server" when you have a guild full of folks. Especially when a lot of the people in those guilds have characters in the level region of 20 - 38. We just don't want to start again and after you put our guilds there to start with we shouldn't have to.

Not a case of entitlement it's a case of common sense.

It's like Warhammer 2.0

very simmple solultion for i love the game i simply not gona pay them till they get it undercontrol im not gonna pay to get stuck for 2 hours waiting i got other games i can fall back on yes i love tor with a passion bw you have had 6+ years and should have learned from the wow launch fiasco when you got a game this hyped and knew you were gonna get a turn out like this there no excuse shoulda been prepped to the point you didnt have to stagger other than the ques and the irritation game is great.

I am joining the throng of the very unhappy about these queues.

I do not have all the time in the world to play games, and getting waiting times every time I try to play is very frustrating and

Today I have been “kicked" from queues with 1003 errors and once or twice the game itself, which puts me straight to the back of the damn queue again. I recall other recent MMOs had a grace period that let you back in at the head of a queue if this happened, surely the latest MMO can at least have that built in at the start?

I am in queue for 6 hours now, despite 2.20 hours promised by system, i am not complaining since i know that is typical failure of marketing teams of all new MMO launches, but please dont say something that you want me to have fun if you did you would already either increase capacity / block new waves from creating characters on high pop servers / open new servers / open transfers.

cheers

^_^

First 3 days to get into the EGA because staggering would make it a smooth launch and make queuing less....

and now waiting 1200+ queues that takes 2-4 hours because i DCed while loading PVP instance.... after 1h ingame after 3 hours of queueing

Smooth no

Painfull yes!

Worst.(Pre)Launch.EVER.

Blizzard folks want to thank you, BW. We were scared to **** because your game is actually good but now we breath with relief. Worst first impression ever gonna surely help WoW reign a little bit longer.

Regards.

P.S. Keep the bad work, pretty please!

Hey,

Bioware at what point are you not understanding that your customers are pissed off?

Please stop running this game and servers from under a spirit of fear because you will reap the harvest from that which you are not wanting to reap!

God bless,

javatroyz

PS. Open New Realms! A.K.A another RP-PvP West would be nice. :D

solution :

merge the lower population servers , and use some of the free space to make tomb of freedom naz, legions of lettow, frostclaw.. twice bigger. make the over-populated servers bigger and join the lower-populated so they get more population.

i mean, many of the guilds have come in block with all their players and they have already a base after these few days, and some may have already created brotherhood vincles for PVP or PVE.

the ones that are there already will stay there, deal with it.

Well since we are in the pre-release phase I can accept the queues. They do need to figure it out real quick, since the 20th everyone starts paying monthly subscriptions.

They can expect a large drop in players if they don't sort it out before the first free month runs out.