Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Now, I'm not a server professional and I don't know how well this would work, but I think something that would probably help with the demand for certain servers is for the first month of release, maybe offer UP TO 1 free character transfer from server to server to help balance the demand between the older servers and the newer, less populated, servers. Maybe it'd work?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, but openning new servers doesnt help if you want to play your main character who is on a busy server...especially if it is the one your guild is on.

I just waited two hours, got in and then got an error code and booted back out...now back to position 900+...so another 2 hour wait.

You really need to look into sorting out the wait times on existing servers some how.

It's a great game, but only when you can play it.

The queues would be fine if they weren't 1 hour +, in addition to any disconnect immediately knocking you out of the queue.

If you guys were smart, you would have put a system in place so that if you disconnect you have a minute or so to re connect before you lose your spot in the queue, but you didn't so....

The servers are not crowded by any means so I'm really confused as to the hold up on increasing the server population caps. Last night I counted, only 20 of the ~70 US servers didn't have a cue and even though they didn't they were either heavy or very heavy. There were no "light" or "Standard" servers, so that means the populations are balanced across all the servers right? If that isn't an indication the caps are too low I don't know what is. And no starting more servers doesn't fix the problem, that only helps new players who are just starting not people who have been playing since EA day 1 (like me).

Edited by Posiden

In my honest opinion there should be a option to transfer the entire guild to a diferent and less populated server. I myself did not select Bloodworthy as my server. I was placed there. Why do I have to suffer ever since this became the most popular server in EU? A priority should be given to guild that were placed there in terms of queue. But that is just my 2cents

I don't mind which of the forum suck-ups have a go at me for falling into the bandwagon, but much like others have said, if this continues for much longer then I will simply play the month that comes with the game (no people, its not a "free month", it's paid for with the game purchase) and then move on into other games. Early game access for most of us now is simply becoming Early Queue Access! Either allow free migration, or open up the servers properly, this is beyond a joke.

You bought the game, subs won't start till the 20th. All you've spent is the money for the game, and I'm pretty sure you get the first month free on top of that. Jan 20th should be the start of subs.

if i tell you you can buy my car for 10k euro , and i give you for free a phone, you payed for that phone ....

then if early acces is for free why my mother cant play ?

I think they do this to even the servers load. And also, this awful queueing should stop once the game launches.

Now they are just trying to keep the server population balanced across all servers, not trying to keep everyone from playing. I guess they want servers full of people playing, avoiding opening servers that don't fill up.

So the thousand some people that were in queue on my server last night wouldn't have filled another server? Sorry, no.

its still early access. stop with the crying. They said people will be able to play up to 5 days early, they gave us 7. THEY DID NOT SAY THAT YOU WOULD BE PLAYING THE WHOLE TIME.

If you take into account the fact that we paid for early access $5/person then its not free, I paid for it!

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

This says nothing. It's fluff. I don't care specifically about the queue's, I am very very frustrated with the fact taht IF you get disconnected or crash you are placed back in the queue ... and nobody has even offered any kind of insight from Bioware

You bought the game, subs won't start till the 20th. All you've spent is the money for the game, and I'm pretty sure you get the first month free on top of that. Jan 20th should be the start of subs.

Wrong. Headstart game access was part of the contract.

lets make this thred to the moon and back , we've got time sience they wont let us play...

and BTW early acces is not a gift , it's a part of the package i bought...

If they say buy this and you get x and y , you payed for x and y , where x it's early acces..

You could get access by trying a different server, don't complain. They aren't forcing you to queue on your particular server.

Ok well the queue timer is completely off, it estimated 1hr30 for me on Legions of Lettow... its now been 3 hours and I'm position 46. If 3 hour queues is going to become the norm then they really do need to upgrade servers to get more people online at once.

Opening more new servers won't solve the issue if there's going to be more people wanting to join their friends/guilds on the full servers.

Some queues of shorter times like an hour I can live with... but 3+ hours is crazy.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Yes Reasonable is 2 hour queues?

No its not, 15 min, 20 min at most is reasonable. It is already clear to the community(I guess most if not all) that these queues are not manageable nor reasonable.

If you are doing something about this I would like to see it soon.

Queues aren't the problem. The problem is the lack of grace period when getting disconnected. After waiting a few hours to connect, disconnecting after a few minutes and having to wait hours AGAIN is not a nice thing.

This exactly. I can't figure out why there is no window to log back in. My roommate had to wait in queue for 7 hours yesterday to get in. I just disconnected from the server (not my internet, just the Fatman server) and have an hour queue to get back in game. Hopefully I don't get an error and it restarts the queue again.

If you take into account the fact that we paid for early access $5/person then its not free, I paid for it!

You did not pay $5 for early access. You put down a $5 deposit to reserve the game. It is credited towards your purchase price.

FAIL

Making new servers only solves have the problem.

What about people who disconnect then have to wait another hour to play?

What about people who only have one character at say, level 30? Is the answer to that to roll another character on another server?

You need to expand the current servers AS WELL AS bringing new ones on.

I dread to think how long I will have to wait to play the one character I have at the moment come retail release :(