Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of day I not having a go at anyone I just saying its mainly down to people who are unattached and join high populated servers in off peak times.

Well, I sorta did that, but then again, there's only one RP-PVP-East Coast server to choose from so I wasn't left much choice.

Also, I don't think you can blame "the people" for this one. This issue has arisen when the game is in the pre-release phase! It's just those of us dumb enough to pre-order and download the game ahead of schedule dealing with it. I shudder to think what's going to happen in a few days. Theoretically it seems like the severs should actually be almost empty at this point considering the crush that's going to come post-release and post-Christmas. It almost seems inexplicable to be in this mess.

My guild was put on Fatman. I thought that the 2 1/2 hours of queue time was part of the game! You mean I wasn't getting XP and lvling up? Damn I was having fun watching the ships fly around.

Please fix this. I don't care how, but when you work 50+ hours a week, you only get a limited amount of time to play the game each day. If that is wasted on queue times, then what's the point of having the game?

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

He sucks at art and has no idea what science is if he thinks that it is ok to have 1000+ que......

Edited by Zilliztra

what they need to do is upgrade the capacity the servers can take before being FULL.

After a long brainstorming session with some guildies and friend, we estimated that a single server can host only 8000 ppl, if it would be equally divided it'd look like 4000 emp vs 4000 republic, these servers need to be buffed up to the point where they could hold 40,000 ppl total IMHO, therefore eliminating any queue's and rage.

I know this simple solution wont ever see the light of day, but i thought of posting it nonetheless.

I have to say that the wait times and the responses given have been pretty diabolical.

I was assigned to Freedon Nadd with my guild. First night logged on with a Que of 200 and get to level 10. Log off etc.

Today I spent 6 hours waiitng to play in a Que of 2100. When I logged on, I was in a heavy zone questwise. So I joined a warzone, game lagged out halfway through and DC'd me. I am now back in a Que of 1800. Yesterday was pretty much the same.

The excuse of trying another server doesn't cut it and frankly the servers that Bioware/EA are using are apparently not even being used to their fullest.

I am not giving up on this game hence why I am staying in the Q again but having spent moretime Qing than I have playing is pretty poor.

Bioware... Sort it out.

As much as I respect the professionals who have worked so hard to bring this game to fruition, I have to ask: Was that statement written last month? Or has no one told him that there are 1000-people queues and waiting times of hours? It doesn't give me confidence BioWare has any plans to improve the situation in this controlled ramp-up, and we're only days away from all Hell breaking loose with the full launch during a major holiday and school vacations. Edited by ArkhamNative

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

:mad:Dear beoware!

What mean, that you cannot promise that there will not be queues? Do you understand that every gamer payed from 40 to 60$$ for the game? From info from opened sources I can see that it is 100 000 000$ (as I know you already have 2kk subscribers) + 15*2 000 000 = 30 000 000$ every month for monthly subscription, and you say that you cannot promise game w/o queues? Do you understand that standing in 2 hour queus we pay for these queues? I do not want to pay for queues, I want pay for game! 10minut queue - almost normal, BUT NOT MORE! For what you have create 120+ servers? You now have about 37 servers which are full (cause on them there biggest part of players (mostly these are PVP servers)) and all other servers from light to very heave. Some servers almost empty, there are boring to play. Dont you think that it is better to add to every full server few RAMs & processors for increasing them sizes in few times? Isn`t better to have few (may be twice lesser) full servers without queus and no light servers, on which you will spent much money & time to support? Do not you understand that you subscription base will not increase fustly if new players (and old too) will understand that they have stay in queue for 1-2-3 hours? (time of waiting in queue on Friddon Nadd server is 2 h 5 min, siriously?!). Do you understand that some students, schoolars, workers can play game just 2-4 hours per day (cause you have to work, study, making homework, etc.) As for me I back home at 7:30 PM (Moscow time) & also I`m playing on weekends, I can see that last 2 days there is a queue 30 min on Hex droid server & it will grow, I`m sure. I cannot wait till 8:00 or 8:30 PM every day to play my favorite game - cause day after day I meet with my gilrfriend at 9:30 PM, so cause of you I will loose 30-60 minutes (apprx 45 min) of game every day: 15$/24/60*45=0,45$. Lets * 500 000 (imagine that 500 000 subscribers waits same time every day) = 2 250 000. Not bad 2 250 000 from 30 000 000 monthly for...NOTHING (statyin in queue). Bravo!

As a resume, dear bioware, please listen to the voice of one of you subscribers and do something radical with queues, I love you game with all my gamer heart, but as you can see I`m very angry on you (as a lot of players who are in 30min-2hours queus, I`m sure) & I`m asking you ti resque the situation and you reputation.

This is ridiculous, there are loads of servers with a 1hr+ queue and there is more getting added to that list each day-

I started on my server because I couldnt be arsed to sit in a massive queue but this evening it really has built up and now I have to wait 40 mins to get in. Very annoying.

What are your server caps on these servers? Cant be a lot considering how many servers that are full and has massive queues, sort it out.

What will happen on the 20th when it launches world wide? Dont even want to think about it. Better fix it up for when people start raiding and such because that will really kill this game.

I shouldnt compare to wow but they never had these problems.

Tried log into Bloodworthy (ENGLISH EU PVP) and got an estimate on 1 hour and 40 minutes and something like 1700 before me in the queue. Now after waiting for 1 hour and 40 minutes I am at place 826 and I am starting to reconsider if this game is one for me after all. The estimates are extremly inaccurate and it looks like it will take me another 1.5 to 2 hours of queue to get in and play. I enjoy the game but with queues this size one can't have a real life, if I have to go to dinner and am afk more than 10 minutes or so I will loose my spot due to afk and be forced to queue another 4 hours :p

Well, I sorta did that, but then again, there's only one RP-PVP-East Coast server to choose from so I wasn't left much choice.

Also, I don't think you can blame "the people" for this one. This issue has arisen when the game is in the pre-release phase! It's just those of us dumb enough to pre-order and download the game ahead of schedule dealing with it. I shudder to think what's going to happen in a few days. Theoretically it seems like the severs should actually be almost empty at this point considering the crush that's going to come post-release and post-Christmas. It almost seems inexplicable to be in this mess.

No I agree, pre-launch its down to Dev's. I just saying if there was a little more common sense in the general public this could have been less of a problem.

My plan for launch would have been.

Stage 1 day 1-2 put all guild attached players onto the servers.

Stage 2 looked and seen how it worked out. Worked out how many players was left. Seen how much space was about.

Stage 3 day 3-7 left people in and monitored with servers ready to go as soon as they get to full. I also would have put a over cap on servers to block new accounts access to those servers if they went 5% over limit. Also I would offer a transfer service from day 3 to day 10 for any one waiting.

If all the servers have such a high number of members that people are having to queue for over and hour to get in, then in what way would there not be enough people around fr them to enjoy a community?

If introducing more servers is something that you guys feel you might need to do then i think you should do this, because i for one am not queuing for over 1 hour to play the game, i have better things i can do with my weekend, i was really looking forward to playing this game, but not so much now, i feel i would rather play something else where i can get into play without much or no bother, i've been able to log in for 2 days now and have only got in once on the server my guild was designated too.

So feel what you like about this, but if things dont improve by next month, i wont be continuing my subscription. I feel that you guys have had time to resolve this problem as it soon became clear this problem would occur when you guys did the tests for population and server stability within the last month in the beta test weekends.

I hope things improve as i would regret not being a part of this game and its community, but as i already said, for that 1 hour or longer it takes to get in i could be doing something else other than sitting here waiting.

YEs, you staggard early access, and it's still broken. ¬_¬ Been in a queue for 4 hours now. For a server I was placed on with my guild. This is stupid. Lock the servers to everybody who wasn't placed on them in guilds, then have a server of each type open for everybody who don't want guilds, and let them level up a bit, so they don't clog up the servers.

I'm using the queue as a clever way to get work/studying done. Basically, I forced myself to log out, so that I would know that I now have an hour and a half to do some work while the game is on in the background queueing. It's the way to do things!

I was going to be mean, but I'll just say that some of us don't have the hours and hours of free time that many students do. Instead, we may just have a couple hours here, 45 minutes there.

I'm sure post was well-intentioned, but for many who work long hours and are responsible to families most of the rest of the time, this isn't an option.

the game hasn't even gone live and people are QQ. yes the Queues are frustrating no two ways about that but currently you are NOT paying for anything.

to the person who said they have never seen Q's? you obviously haven't played anything at launch, wow servers crashed for 24 hours 7 years ago and in Europe there were endless Q's on them.

2/3 hours is a little excessive I would have to agree but as you and I are privileged to have this opportunity to play for free and play early I think maybe people need to check themselves and appreciate what we have been given and not demand everything. The servers are stable, the game is fantastic which is a rarity at launch so just be grateful. If this is the thing you have to worry about most, your pretty damn lucky.

"While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues"

Ha ha... this is awsome !

you SHOULD promise !

you SHOULD work for that !

It's your job, we pay for a good gaming experience not for a lousy one, that sentence really scares me.

I'm not a fan of WoW myself but I start to understand why it's so famous...

Blizzard > Bioware on mmorpgs when it comes to support so far.

argg

two hours of waiting and im still not in the game...

Do something...i wanna play and so want all other buyers of your game..

I dont know with others but i paid half the price for a month subscription, so EGA isent free to me its rather overpaid access