Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Came from work, logged into the game (2398 people in front of me), had my dinner, watched some tv etc.. etc.. after 3.5 hours, still 700 people in front of me..?

My friends+my ancient guild are playin here so if I change my server ,there is no dmn reason to play the game for me.SO I wonder what are you gonno do to solve my problem BW officers ? :)

Edited by Karqath

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my brief experience trying to play in the RP-PVP-East Coast server Jung Ma, not only are the quenes unacceptable, the estimated wait times are more like "wishful thinking".

I've preordered a box copy that I've paid full price for. I really don't see why I can't pick it up on the 20th and then just take it back and get my money back, which is exactly what I'm going to do if this isn't remedied in the next couple days.

I just so sick and tired of the lack of professionalism of MMO companies. If you have the server capacity, then serve your customers. If not, then don't take our money.

I'm married, working, and have a young child. My leisure time is limited and as much as I think I'll enjoy SW TOR, I'd rather spend it playing games that work when I want them to.

For what it's worth, if you want my business, you guys are on the clock. Get it fixed in a hurry.

4 hours and 15 minutes in queue, you sir ( BW ) are a joke not even WoW had this problem, you should think one company would learn from another when you choose to follow a themepark mmo like that.

oh and yea i still have 422 in queue, i started at 2200 in queue 4 hours 15 minutes ago when it said estimated time, 2 hours 10 minutes, clearly your system can't calculate for **** either.

Oh and don't even bother with the ****** response "roll on another server" , guess what numbnutts, all the new servers you put up are full and have queues within 1 day of uptime, happened to the servers you put up last night as well, so don't even give us , your paying customers that ****, fix it.

I ain't paying to sit in a queue unless 30 days of sub turns into 60 days of sub, then you can get 7$ 50 cents pr month instead of 15$

And to all you flame bois out there, s|_|ck me long time :-)

Firstly, thank you for the update in that you are obviously aware of the problem (if you weren't something would of been seriously wrong).

How ever, how are you looking to resolve the issues? Sorry, I should re-phrase that so not to divulge trade secrets - Are you looking at improving capacity and reducing queues?

After all, firstly not everyone who has pre-ordered the game is playing yet so not impacting the queues. Secondly the game hasn't gone on sale to the general public nor has it arrived in peoples Christmas stockings which will also increase the amount of people playing on the servers.

To take into account if it proves to be popular end game a lot more people may start migrating from mmo's such as WoW/Rift. More people will be switching over, it can only imply the amount of users is going to increase and increase.

Finally, adding new servers will not help with the problem in that the people on a server are unlikely to change baring a small percentage. Which means queues will stay.

This.

My guild was assigned to Shadow Hand which apparently was one of the most popular servers in the betas due to its 'epic' name. 4 of us applied to the guild before early access and there is approximately 10+ most people that were GOING to join our guild. But now that servers are full, these said friends cannot join us, are playing on another server and hoping/praying that BW seriously considers expanding the servers, because this is ridiculous. And I won't touch on queue times because there's been enough said about it, in like 50+ threads already.

As another had said, there is an huge amount of people who haven't started playing yet because they will buy day of or will get it as a Christmas Present.

Seriously, what will you guys do? There is a BIG number of people who are VERY unhappy PAYING customers.

And this

If you have the server capacity, then serve your customers. If not, then don't take our money.

Edited by Xephure

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks
have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

started queuing at 15.00 gmt+1 got in played 10 mins disconnected back to queue for god knows how long? its now 20.28 gmt+1, thats not my idea of fun..

This is indeed quite ********...

Please fix these queue's. I had high hopes for this game, but these queue's are far out of hand. If this doesnt get sorted within my free month im outta here.

Waiting 3-4 hours to play the game i bought? Jesus.

Edited by Rocheku

I don't mind waiting in the que if it means my server isn't a desert in a month. I've been waiting in the que since day one of early access. I'll gladly wait in a que for hours for my server. I hate playing on low pop servers.

This is getting silly tbh. Any queue longer than 10min is not acceptable in this day and age.

If I want to logon because I have 20min til playaround it doesnt f...... help that the queue consumes my entire playtime (and the queues at the moment is closer to 1hour+).

too bad bioware assigned most of us our servers..

Yeah but if you think even 50% of server population are attached to guilds when they joined you are quite mad. End of day I not having a go at anyone I just saying its mainly down to people who are unattached and join high populated servers in off peak times.

Yeah this is totally unaceptable.. with the 6 hour queues on my server I will never be able to play due to work and the need of sleep as well :)

Cancelled my subscription until this is fixed... others that have allready made a subscription plan should do the same, maybe then they will do something about it FAST.

Staggered access... Sure, the servers ain't crashing, but these queue times should have been predicted. Beta was highly successful from what I hear and you posted yourselves that there was an extremely high amount of preorders. How long will the queues be when the game officially launches? 6 hours? Makes you wonder how many people will be fed up after the 30 days that come with purchase and just go back the MMO's they came from if the situation doesn't change quickly.

I don't mind waiting in the que if it means my server isn't a desert in a month. I've been waiting in the que since day one of early access. I'll gladly wait in a que for hours for my server. I hate playing on low pop servers.

Wasn't that a good hint ? I mean come on I joined one day one with my guild it had ques and was laggy I left it and joined another.

I'm using the queue as a clever way to get work/studying done. Basically, I forced myself to log out, so that I would know that I now have an hour and a half to do some work while the game is on in the background queueing. It's the way to do things!

As with any MMO, there are always hiccups. As long as they are genuinely working on these issues, then these things are minor especially in light of the fact we are in bonus time right now.

exept that even for the bonustime everyone payed extra. for me about 5 euro or something. for me thats not a problem. but emagine this amount of money x all the ppl who are already playing. even that is a fortune. i agree problems can always happen. and i don't mind a queue for lets say 10 minutes max. but for logging in you just can't ask more.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."[/indent]

Manageable and reasonable......

You're having a laugh.

Or do you think the community has unrealistic expectations?

Four hour plus queue times aren't acceptable for a server assigned to our guild, yes it's peak time and yes everyone wants to play (so no one leaves the server and there is no space). Got in from work yesterday and joined queue at 7:20 pm and finally could play at gone 11pm hardly an evening of fun gaming as I had to work today.

Queue tonight started at 1400, 1 hour in and it still hasn't got below 1100, looks like I will have at least another hours to wait, hardly the 1hr 40mins estimated wait time.

Look this is a launch, this was expected. There are two ways to handle a launch, queues or opening 200 servers. If you have queues you can monitor traffic and slowly bring more servers only. If you start out with too many servers then a month from now half of them will be ghost towns and they'll have to merge them, and then people will be angry because of that. Give it a week or so to settle out, things will be fine, its not the end of the world.

I see a lot of people who are ************ about their server because that was what they were assigned. Our guild was assigned to a server that was like 80% Imp, 20% Reb (Which, btw Bioware, *** were you thinking? I mean, our enemies weren't even on the server and only one ally). In any case, we decided to switch, so we chose a diff server and joined that. Np. So, that kind of assinine whining, is just pointless.

Second, I have to agree that the ques are a little ridiculous. It wasn't until this second round of early access I started to even see them and people are gonna be completely turned off by this. That being said, something needs to be worked out petty damned quick cause you got around 4 days to go before the servers get ***** and then 5 days after that for Christmas. MMO's don't have smooth launches, I've never really heard of one going great. In all honesty, I've played maybe 4 or 5 MMO's in my life and this is the first I've had to que in.

Is that a problem for me? Not too much cause unlike some people who can't stand to wait even 5 minutes in life (who gives a **** if you pay for it? 5 or 10 minutes is not gonna hurt you {This type of mentality is whats seriously wrong with this world. Everyone thinks that **** should go exactly how they want it, no matter how complicated or difficult it may be}). But more than twenty? This begins to be a problem, even more so for those who don't have stable connections. Or how about those people taking up space who aren't even playing? This kind of nonsense needs to be worked out. Solve it however you can.

I'm actually very surprised that a company with so much knowledge and experience has made the same stupid mistake so many other games have made - you'd think they'd have learned from them.

You should have made your characters non server-dependent. Select the character first, then allow the player to pick what server they are playing on today. On the character selection screen have a guild-message window so you know where to go if your server is too busy.

As far as I'm concerned, and maybe it's because I'm a UK player and I've never ever had to deal with queues in MMOs outside of a beta, queueing at all is unacceptable. I should never have to wait. I am a paying customer who cannot waste away an hour or more sitting around waiting to play. I come home, I have dinner, I have an hour of free time to play...I don't want to spend it all sitting there staring at a screen and saying 'gosh....one day I will actually play the game!'.

its mainly down to people who are unattached and join high populated servers in off peak times.

A good theory, but if it's just down to poor choices then why are the servers mostly full with a small handful of heavy and standard? If it wasn't an issue of capacity then there would be lightly populated servers to balance the full ones.