Official Q&A Thread for April 27th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a plan to make social armor adjustable to armor rating? For example, I would really like to dress my Powertech in the Imperial Trooper armor without losing the heavy armor rating. I have heard rumors, but never found an official response to this topic.

2 questions

1) In the future will PvE and PvP sets bonuses be removable and be able to be put into other set skins for example i would like to remove the hardware off my PvP Helmet and put it into another helmet and will i be able to get the bonuses associated with that gear?

2) will there be any future quest associated with my family tree in the next update?

Edited by Ensquire

Is the ability to alter our character's looks after creation (at least in a limited fashion like hair/beard, scars) planned to be added to the game at some point?

It would be a great bonus to immersion to have the ability to make our PCs age as they level

Hello, I understand that there is a more better feature for the server transfers that is still in development and what you have currently in the works for the Asia servers is working. You currently have something, that works out if the customer was in the selected area to enable the transfer. Why not use this as a temporary measure for those outside. I'm sure your programmers can develop a small script that once x payment is received this account is then on the list for the "free transfer" for 1 character - you would have to rename it or something to server transfer, otherwise people would actually think it is free. I will be willing to pay money right now to transfer my republic characters to my server.

Will you be willing to use what you currently using for Asia customers for everyone else until your new system is finished?

Thanks

What character progression past L50 is planned? Meaning…

1-Will you go the EQ / WoW route? i.e. add L51-60. Then L61-70. And so on…

2-Will you go the CoH route? i.e. we are permanently at L50. No added levels. But we get sidegrade progression i.e. new powers and abilities unlocked by the new content?

Not asking about ETA. Just asking about which path.

Thank you.

Currently, most (all?) of the [Daily] quests are written with a story background more appropriate to a one-time quest. I've killed Torvix at least a half dozen times, collected enough Droid Memory Cores to outmass Belsavis, have corrected a certain Imperial Officer's errors so many times that I'm beginning to suspect he's a traitor, not incompetent. And I'm not sure what further information I've learned from examining the crashed escape pod on Tatooine for the 7th time.

Are there any plans to make future [Daily] quests have a story that actually makes sense to be doing it every day?

Edited slightly: Meant to ask about new upcoming quests specifically, not necessarily if the old quests would be changed.

Edited by DarthDemens

Currently, most (all?) of the [Daily] quests are written with a story background more appropriate to a one-time quest. I've killed Torvix at least a half dozen times, collected enough Droid Memory Cores to outmass Belsavis, have corrected a certain Imperial Officer's errors so many times that I'm beginning to suspect he's a traitor, not incompetent. And I'm not sure what further information I've learned from examining the crashed escape pod on Tatooine for the 7th time.

Are there any plans to make the [Daily] quests have a story that actually makes sense to be doing it every day?

I have to agree on this Question. Why can't the daily's be more focus on war effort for our factions being reb or Emp as for doing a daily help's unlock more content as more members get involed into doing dailies?

In regard to Agent Melee damage, Why were huge hits taken away from openers then left to hit what may be considered in line with expectations, but other melee specs can output high damage consistently?

Are you going to offer paid/free server transfers to all people. I play with friends that are eligible to move to the pacific servers, but we all want to play together. If you are going to offer the transfers, can you give a time when they will be available?

How will Legacy be accounted for with respect to character transfers to another server? Will it be accumulative, i.e. my level 10 legacy character on server B joins my level 20 character on server A with the end result being that my level 10 legacy character now is set at legacy 20?

I've seen official justification for low- or no-drop rates when most main characters wouldn't use that weapon. Could you take a look at aim vibroknifes, aim shotguns and cunning assault cannons too? They drop all the time and nobody wants them. They also clog up the GTN!

So you guys have done an awesome job at making replay of the game enjoyable and beneficial with Legacy features, I cannot say thanks enough. Will future content contain new planets and quests for lower levels? Or will it be limited to higher levels in regards to new planets and quests. It would be nice to see different paths to max level versus the same planets and quests for every new character.

The Black Hole area is very well done. I love being able to go into a dedicated Daily area for PvE and would love to see more of this. But one thing that pushes me away from PvE to spend most of my time in PvP War Zones is the travel involved to all the PvE sites is a time sink.

Would you consider placing a shuttle at each PvE Daily area for each planet, and then place a central PvE Daily shuttle on fleet so that the player could go to the fleet PvE Daily shuttle and be transported straight to the PvE Daily area of choice? This would allow us to hit multiple PvE Daily areas at a quicker pace without the travel time sink to each world via current means and I think it would help get more people involved in PvE Daily areas. Thanks!

Loving the Game great job sofar, couple of concerns

when you buy ramdon chest be it PVP or event .. why do you get items you cant use, for example multipul Comp Customization for one you dont even have on Any legacy toon..

I was a player on SWG from the start till the End, and i must say great job compared to that , one thing i would ask is there ever going to be waypoint markers you can place on the map, so you can locate location again. or even Camps you can deploy and fellow ops or group members could instant travel to . these make team work so much better

and is there any plans to allow us to sit on any chiar in the world apart from in ships bridge :-)