The cost of extracting mods is pretty...bad

thebigdmkilla

its a lot, and its annoying for sure. with the fix to warzone rewards it is a lot more manageable though.

in the time it takes you to get enough warzone comms for a war hero piece, you should have earned at least 150k, which is the cost of removing all 3 slots

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you get exactly 7k credits for every common daily .. which means you have to do 5 dailies to switch one mod.

or you have to have the right profressions and play with the GTN. pretty stupid design decision. well, this game is full of it.

Edited by Rikeryo

funny thing is, at the guild summit didn't they say that less than 16% of players at lvl50 had over a million? Yet now we have all this legacy stuff that costs a total of 12mil to buy it all, and just to give your char the best gear you're spending hundreds of thousands of creds. So...wth? Doesn't match with what they said at all, just doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: corrected % of players

Agreed. I like all the changes they put in and everything but at the same time its as if they just threw darts when pricing things.

The cost is way to high as it stands now. I understand the need for credit sinks, but here is the deal.....

Not everyone that plays this game has 2 hours a day to throw into doing dailies, and not everyone has time to play everyday for hours on end. As an example, I play heavy on Sunday and Monday evenings, but the rest of the week I only have time to log in for maybe an hour or so at the most, which allows me to do some crafting and such.

I know there are many other people who enjoy this game as much as I do that have the same circumstances. To be honest I have doubts that I will ever see the top end gear in the game because of it, but this does not bother me in the least.

My suggestion would be this; since the set bonuses do not transfer for pre-1.2 gear, why not lower the cost of pulling those mods, say by about 50-60%. Some of the set bonuses are really good and augments will not make up for the loss, but it gives us the ability to look the way we want. Leave the prices where they are now for the new Black Hole and War Hero gear since they do carry the set bonuses over. Some might call this unfair, but lets be realistic; if you are maxing out on gear and have a highly active guild that does things throughout the entire week, its fair to assume you will also be rolling extremely deep in credits.

Again, this is just a suggestion based on my opinion of the situation, so take it as you will.

How do you guys not have millions? What are you spending your credits on?

I have 6 million after getting 2 augmented wh pieces w/ augments in them.

Probably be back up to 7-8 million in a day or so.

I take it you never run HM/NM and operations? One death in top tier gear = 30-70K repairs. Not everyone is a millionaire in this game, pvper's spend much less time doing dailies and crafting. Also funding alts too.

As far as I know devs said not long ago that about 90% of players don't have 1 million credit or more however that could have changed with 1.2 from the boom of crafted BM/WH gear and augments.

Edited by Sookster

interesting, I am doing same with war hero set, just removing from war hero eliminator and inserting into armor I like. removing war hero item costs around 43-45k = around 130k

just money from warzones itselfs and warzones dailies/weekles gives me more than 200k of cash meanwhile I am grinding ~2.2k rated commendations for a war hero item

= I am ending with profit

But I have no clue how much are battlemaster items, I've started 1.2 with full bm, maybe they are significantly cheaper so you have no chance to obtain neeeded cash during pvping.

No idea if it is still valid but there was ******** of money just from latest 3 space missions and you can do all 3 in around 20minutes...+ exchange these 'useles' fleet commendations for more cash..

I take it you never run HM/NM and operations? One death in top tier gear = 30-70K repairs. Not everyone is a millionaire in this game, pvper's spend much less time doing dailies and crafting. Also funding alts too.

As far as I know devs said not long ago that about 90% of players don't have 1 million credit or more however that could have changed with 1.2 from the boom of crafted BM/WH gear and augments.

And I take it YOU haven't run operations since 1.2 hit?

My total repair bill for last night's KP HM was less than 30k and we wiped more than once due to people liking get tickled by Bonethrasher.

I do not play this game to grind out credits, I play to pvp.

If you play this game solely for pvp then the joke is on you.

and me :(

The problem is, it forces PVP only people to go do PVE dailies...PVP people dont want to go do dailies every day, they want to PVP. And when you force PVP people to do PVE things, they just desub in the end...

In PvP you lose no Creds due to deaths so its all + creds. In PvE, death = Creds so you should get more since you are taking a chance. There are plenty of ways to make Creds besides grinding Dailies and until they make it cost creds for deaths (which would suck) in PvP, a low income should be how it remains. If you are that lazy pick up slicing.

Anyone who claims they ONLY PvP must PvP a TON! If that is true, they would have quite a bit of creds since they have zero cost in money sinks. Anything else would be vanity.

I hate when things I want cost money. I wish we could fix that. I don't want to earn money. I just want to have it all. Let's get that fixed.

I mean, sounds silly, right?

For those of you who don't "play to grind credits" but only want to "play for PvP"... Are you implying that you cannot do that? What's the repair cost for losing a PvP match? 0 credits?

Ohhhh, or is it that you want to obtain a special appearance...yea, you have to pay for that.

Honestly, BW would be zillionaires if they added micropayments: 45k credits or $2 to extract a mod :D

Yes I have my title from EV didn't get it from KP. I run ops, I spend the credits and I currently have 7.5 Million on my main. I dunno what you are doing with your money but sounds like bad money management.+

Edit: Haven't run ops in 1.2 guild was on an OPs break. I'm rank 79 valor and full rakata.

Edited by Dartagon

I agree with OP

-Mod removal cost for columi is about 33.4k, hearing that Rakata and Campaign gets up to 55k doesn't make me happy.

-They reduce repair costs, why can't they do the same for mod removal costs?

1. Reducing mod removal from 33.4k to 12k seems reasonable to me, I think that making mod removal costs about 1/3 of what they are now is a good idea.

2. We wouldn't need to remove so many mods if the endgame gear didn't have such insane stats - some Force-Mystic is clearly better as Force-Master and vice versa, same for Vindicator and Warleader gear.

3. For those of us who use all our companions the game seems to punish us, I never bother with some of my companions simply because gearing them is too expensive - 500k (recruit) is okay, but after that it becomes a waste of time to use more than one or two companions.

Happy medium would be make PvE mods cost what it costs now.

Have PvP mods cost $5k to swap out but ensure stat allocation is geared soley for PvP and would hurt you considerably in PvE.

Also make it so you can only put PvP mods INTO PvP purchased gear(adding more itemization for looks/style) and PvE mods only in PvE gear.

Pure pvp'ers will stop complaining about being forced into PvE and nothing changes for a PvE player.

There you go.

38k a Mod or enhancement to move from my BM gear to my new modifiable BM gear, so each piece is 120k, so for a full set that's 600k. Understandable people have monies and things like that, but I just came back from not playing since about 2 months ago and Trying to make money now is much harder, 5k cash from a PvP win is pretty sad. I do all the dailies and that gives me about 150-200k MAYBE a day. So...yea. My feedback for the day

It's pretty over the top. But it's also not a gamebreaker. Would like to see the cost reduced, but whatever. I'll do what I have to in order to keep my gear rocking. I've already resigned my toon to looking like a metrosexual. He can handle the exorbitant remodding costs.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Where did the idea come from that PvE people like to do the same dailies over and over? <.<

Nobody* likes doing dailies. We do them for cash to keep doing the other stuff we like.

*okay, there are a few of them out there, but I haven't met any.

Edited by Varicite

I do not play this game to grind out credits, I play to pvp.

And you get all your gear from pvping. You do not need to have augmented gear to be competitive in pvp. You do not need to have a custom look to be competitive. They are a luxury. If you want a luxury, you gotta work for it.

Plus there's also this thing called crew skills where you can send your companions out to do stuff and they come back with things that you can put on the GTN for money. Queues are not instantaneous, so do crew skills while your waiting in between Qs. Stop being so *********** lazy.

Edited by Smashbrother

I think what the complainers are forgetting is that these "enhancements" for performance and/or vanity are not meant to be achieved immediately by most people. You don't have to have a complete swap out of your stuff today, this week or heck even a month. You get what you get based on what you enjoy doing.

The cost of the mods (I have pulled out all my WH/BM mods to complete 6 Augs sword-helm) and it did cost me close to 1 million total (columi set too) but guess what, I put in a lot of hours for it. If I didn't put in as much time, my "rewards" would reflect that.

Now, the kicker is 1 hour of PVP will get you say 10k vs 1 hour of daily's which would be around 50k or the gtn game (on a reasonably populated server) is really limitless. It's all about choice and from the looks of it ,the OP choose the long route to customization. Again, it's still a choice.

I think what the complainers are forgetting is that these "enhancements" for performance and/or vanity are not meant to be achieved immediately by most people. You don't have to have a complete swap out of your stuff today, this week or heck even a month. You get what you get based on what you enjoy doing.

The cost of the mods (I have pulled out all my WH/BM mods to complete 6 Augs sword-helm) and it did cost me close to 1 million total (columi set too) but guess what, I put in a lot of hours for it. If I didn't put in as much time, my "rewards" would reflect that.

Now, the kicker is 1 hour of PVP will get you say 10k vs 1 hour of daily's which would be around 50k or the gtn game (on a reasonably populated server) is really limitless. It's all about choice and from the looks of it ,the OP choose the long route to customization. Again, it's still a choice.

If I take the time to...

1) earn 3 separate tiers of PvP & PvE gear just to transfer my set bonus

2) find or make the perfect augments for my class

3) locate and purchase the perfect customizable gear (7-8 pieces not counting bracers)

4) and still have the desire to change our appearance...

we should pay close to 1 million credits just to look the way we want? No.

Why is this in the PvP forums?

Do the mods think that it is only a PvP concern?

Edited by illgot

It seems like the cost of extracting mods has been left over from the old, less flexable system. The cost to take out a level 61 mod is about 45k, which is just to much. Using a mod station to do it should be free, wasn't that supposed to be the whole point in them in beta? Edited by NasherUK

How do you guys not have millions? What are you spending your credits on?

I have 6 million after getting 2 augmented wh pieces w/ augments in them.

Probably be back up to 7-8 million in a day or so.

if you are making a million to 2 million in a day maybe 2 days then you are just playing a lot....a whole lot.

Doing the dailies gets about 200K+ but other than that you would be stuck farming non 50 flashpoints which might be okay money but still takes a lot of time. until the next day when you can get your 200k from dalies again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.